Thursday, May 05, 2011
In addition to celebrities, TV Land will also include the M*A*S*H finale (which holds the record as the most watched episode in television history) as well as the 20th and 30th anniversary reunion specials to keep things going for what will be an unforgettable Memorial Day weekend on TV Land. So much to see and catch up on, so little time... don't miss it this Memorial Day Weekend on TV Land. The main stunt airs Sunday, May 29 and Monday, May 30 from 8pm-6am, all night long...but late night on Thursday, May 27 and Friday, May 28 will also have a late night block of episodes to get you you started from 2am-6am.
Back to June, in anticipation of the second 2.5 premiere of Hot in Cleveland on Wednesday, June 15, TV Land is showcasing its Hot in Cleveland programming all weekend long the weekend of Saturday, June 11 and Sunday, June 12. Don't miss this chance to catch up with the hottest sitcom on cable and warm up for more new episodes with TV Land as they'll present full season marathons and premium Hot in Cleveland content like cast favorites, fan favorites and the "Behind the Hotness" special featuring outtakes and special series moments. This weekend marathon will air on Saturday from 6am-8pm and some encores from 2am-6am (Everybody Loves Raymond is sandwiched in between from 8pm-2am). On Sunday it will air from 6am-12:30am. And speaking of the Sunday marathon, in order to generate internet chatter and grow the series' fan base in the days leading up to the new season premiere, Facebook users can vote for their favorite episodes to date which will air in a mini-marathon Sunday, June 12 beginning at 10pm.
The remaining ten episodes of the second season of Hot in Cleveland will begin June 15, which will lead into the new series Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher. Happily Divorced is based on Fran Drescher's real life and centers around Los Angeles florist Fran (Drescher) as she deals with dating after finding out her realtor husband of 18 years (John Michael Higgins) is gay. The show focuses on how she juggles her new relationships and her ex-husband post-divorce while still living under the same roof. The cast is rounded out by Fran's best friend Judi (Tichina Arnold), her parents Dori and Glen (Rita Moreno and Robert Walden) and her flower delivery employee Cesar (Valente Rodriguez). Additionally, in the pilot, Fran's love interest, Elliot, is played by D.W. Moffett. The series will air for ten weeks in a row on Wednesdays at 10:30pm starting June 15!
The final stunt for June will be the AFI stunt honoring Morgan Freeman, which we mentioned. TV Land Presents: The AFI Life Achievement Award Honoring Morgan Freeman will air on TV Land on Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT followed by a Red Carpet wrap-up special at 9:30 p.m.
Movies for the month are all encores. Airing are Crocodile Dundee, Analyze This, Top Gun, Made in America, and When Harry Met Sally. These of course air Mondays at 8am and 8pm. There will be no changes to the regular schedule, so it will be the same as May 2011, so the late night marathon madness continues.
MeTV Network is making Mother's Day even happier for classic TV fans! MeTV's "Moms on Me" marathon is on Mother's Day itself (Sunday, May 8), beginning at 11:00am ET. Episodes of I Love Lucy, Happy Days and The Brady Bunch will feature the best of classic TV mom-moments! Who can't get enough of Carol Brady, Mrs. C and Lucy? All three comedies will air multiple episodes starting at 11am lasting through 7pm. Don't take your mom out for dinner until you finish MeTV's "Moms on Me" Marathon!
Moving on to more mom fun, which Modern Family mom is your mother most like? Gloria? Claire? Or even Cam (don't tell him we said that!)? This Mother's Day show her just how much you care by sending her a personalized Modern Family video e-card brought to you by Verizon. It's the least you can do. After all, you are her favorite and she did give you life (or at least we hope she did). You can send the card to your mom via Facebook, Twitter or email. You can also create a URL to send it via instant message. And for all the bloggers like us, you can create an embed code to post it on your website. The hilarious (and touching) all-new Modern Family Mother's Day episode – fittingly titled "Mother's Day" – aired last night (Wednesday, May 4) at 9pm ET on ABC. It was well written and now you can bring that great writing to your mom via e-card! Send one to your mom today!
We have been giving your great Mother's Day tidbits all week, but stay tuned tomorrow for the best of them all!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 10
Saturday, December 10
- Dennis Haskins (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Dennis will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Watch Jennifer Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats about the film Why Him? on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Matthew stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will talks about Collateral Beauty on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice/Arrested Development) - Henry will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) - Megan is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.