Thursday, May 05, 2011
In addition to celebrities, TV Land will also include the M*A*S*H finale (which holds the record as the most watched episode in television history) as well as the 20th and 30th anniversary reunion specials to keep things going for what will be an unforgettable Memorial Day weekend on TV Land. So much to see and catch up on, so little time... don't miss it this Memorial Day Weekend on TV Land. The main stunt airs Sunday, May 29 and Monday, May 30 from 8pm-6am, all night long...but late night on Thursday, May 27 and Friday, May 28 will also have a late night block of episodes to get you you started from 2am-6am.
Back to June, in anticipation of the second 2.5 premiere of Hot in Cleveland on Wednesday, June 15, TV Land is showcasing its Hot in Cleveland programming all weekend long the weekend of Saturday, June 11 and Sunday, June 12. Don't miss this chance to catch up with the hottest sitcom on cable and warm up for more new episodes with TV Land as they'll present full season marathons and premium Hot in Cleveland content like cast favorites, fan favorites and the "Behind the Hotness" special featuring outtakes and special series moments. This weekend marathon will air on Saturday from 6am-8pm and some encores from 2am-6am (Everybody Loves Raymond is sandwiched in between from 8pm-2am). On Sunday it will air from 6am-12:30am. And speaking of the Sunday marathon, in order to generate internet chatter and grow the series' fan base in the days leading up to the new season premiere, Facebook users can vote for their favorite episodes to date which will air in a mini-marathon Sunday, June 12 beginning at 10pm.
The remaining ten episodes of the second season of Hot in Cleveland will begin June 15, which will lead into the new series Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher. Happily Divorced is based on Fran Drescher's real life and centers around Los Angeles florist Fran (Drescher) as she deals with dating after finding out her realtor husband of 18 years (John Michael Higgins) is gay. The show focuses on how she juggles her new relationships and her ex-husband post-divorce while still living under the same roof. The cast is rounded out by Fran's best friend Judi (Tichina Arnold), her parents Dori and Glen (Rita Moreno and Robert Walden) and her flower delivery employee Cesar (Valente Rodriguez). Additionally, in the pilot, Fran's love interest, Elliot, is played by D.W. Moffett. The series will air for ten weeks in a row on Wednesdays at 10:30pm starting June 15!
The final stunt for June will be the AFI stunt honoring Morgan Freeman, which we mentioned. TV Land Presents: The AFI Life Achievement Award Honoring Morgan Freeman will air on TV Land on Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT followed by a Red Carpet wrap-up special at 9:30 p.m.
Movies for the month are all encores. Airing are Crocodile Dundee, Analyze This, Top Gun, Made in America, and When Harry Met Sally. These of course air Mondays at 8am and 8pm. There will be no changes to the regular schedule, so it will be the same as May 2011, so the late night marathon madness continues.
MeTV Network is making Mother's Day even happier for classic TV fans! MeTV's "Moms on Me" marathon is on Mother's Day itself (Sunday, May 8), beginning at 11:00am ET. Episodes of I Love Lucy, Happy Days and The Brady Bunch will feature the best of classic TV mom-moments! Who can't get enough of Carol Brady, Mrs. C and Lucy? All three comedies will air multiple episodes starting at 11am lasting through 7pm. Don't take your mom out for dinner until you finish MeTV's "Moms on Me" Marathon!
Moving on to more mom fun, which Modern Family mom is your mother most like? Gloria? Claire? Or even Cam (don't tell him we said that!)? This Mother's Day show her just how much you care by sending her a personalized Modern Family video e-card brought to you by Verizon. It's the least you can do. After all, you are her favorite and she did give you life (or at least we hope she did). You can send the card to your mom via Facebook, Twitter or email. You can also create a URL to send it via instant message. And for all the bloggers like us, you can create an embed code to post it on your website. The hilarious (and touching) all-new Modern Family Mother's Day episode – fittingly titled "Mother's Day" – aired last night (Wednesday, May 4) at 9pm ET on ABC. It was well written and now you can bring that great writing to your mom via e-card! Send one to your mom today!
We have been giving your great Mother's Day tidbits all week, but stay tuned tomorrow for the best of them all!
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, August 22
Last Man Standing - "Hard-ass Teacher" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Eve has decided she wants to go to college at West Point. In order to do so she needs to get straight A’s, which might be a problem considering her geometry teacher, Mr. Hardin, is called “Hard-ass” Hardin for a reason. In turn, Eve asks Mike and Vanessa for their approval to switch teachers to an easier class -- a move Vanessa approves of but one that Mike sees as just the easy way out.
Last Man Standing - "April, Come She Will" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Vanessa’s mooching sister April comes to visit, Mike suspects it’s because she needs money. Sure enough, April explains that she’s decided to have a baby but doesn’t have the funds for a donor egg. While Vanessa and Mike aren’t on board, Mandy comes up with a solution. Meanwhile at Outdoor Man, Mike tries pulling a prank on Chuck Larabee that gives him some new perspective.
Jessie - "Coffee Talk" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jessie scores two VIP wristbands to Emma and Zuri's dream concert and the girls compete for the extra spot; Bertram is obsessed with his new talking coffee maker.
Dog with a Blog - "Karl Finds Out Stan's Secret" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Stan's secret talent is revealed to the family's neighbor, Karl; he doesn't find out about the blog, the moon walking or the driving, though.
Friday, August 22
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep/The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Catch Julia on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Damon Wayans, Jr. (New Girl/Happy Endings) and Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Watch the stars of Let's Be Cops on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Tune in to see Mary on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on a repeat of Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is part of the guest panel on a repeat of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Brandy (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Tune in to see Mayim on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) - Learn how Cedric is killing his cholesterol on a repeat of The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.