Thursday, May 05, 2011
In addition to celebrities, TV Land will also include the M*A*S*H finale (which holds the record as the most watched episode in television history) as well as the 20th and 30th anniversary reunion specials to keep things going for what will be an unforgettable Memorial Day weekend on TV Land. So much to see and catch up on, so little time... don't miss it this Memorial Day Weekend on TV Land. The main stunt airs Sunday, May 29 and Monday, May 30 from 8pm-6am, all night long...but late night on Thursday, May 27 and Friday, May 28 will also have a late night block of episodes to get you you started from 2am-6am.
Back to June, in anticipation of the second 2.5 premiere of Hot in Cleveland on Wednesday, June 15, TV Land is showcasing its Hot in Cleveland programming all weekend long the weekend of Saturday, June 11 and Sunday, June 12. Don't miss this chance to catch up with the hottest sitcom on cable and warm up for more new episodes with TV Land as they'll present full season marathons and premium Hot in Cleveland content like cast favorites, fan favorites and the "Behind the Hotness" special featuring outtakes and special series moments. This weekend marathon will air on Saturday from 6am-8pm and some encores from 2am-6am (Everybody Loves Raymond is sandwiched in between from 8pm-2am). On Sunday it will air from 6am-12:30am. And speaking of the Sunday marathon, in order to generate internet chatter and grow the series' fan base in the days leading up to the new season premiere, Facebook users can vote for their favorite episodes to date which will air in a mini-marathon Sunday, June 12 beginning at 10pm.
The remaining ten episodes of the second season of Hot in Cleveland will begin June 15, which will lead into the new series Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher. Happily Divorced is based on Fran Drescher's real life and centers around Los Angeles florist Fran (Drescher) as she deals with dating after finding out her realtor husband of 18 years (John Michael Higgins) is gay. The show focuses on how she juggles her new relationships and her ex-husband post-divorce while still living under the same roof. The cast is rounded out by Fran's best friend Judi (Tichina Arnold), her parents Dori and Glen (Rita Moreno and Robert Walden) and her flower delivery employee Cesar (Valente Rodriguez). Additionally, in the pilot, Fran's love interest, Elliot, is played by D.W. Moffett. The series will air for ten weeks in a row on Wednesdays at 10:30pm starting June 15!
The final stunt for June will be the AFI stunt honoring Morgan Freeman, which we mentioned. TV Land Presents: The AFI Life Achievement Award Honoring Morgan Freeman will air on TV Land on Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT followed by a Red Carpet wrap-up special at 9:30 p.m.
Movies for the month are all encores. Airing are Crocodile Dundee, Analyze This, Top Gun, Made in America, and When Harry Met Sally. These of course air Mondays at 8am and 8pm. There will be no changes to the regular schedule, so it will be the same as May 2011, so the late night marathon madness continues.
MeTV Network is making Mother's Day even happier for classic TV fans! MeTV's "Moms on Me" marathon is on Mother's Day itself (Sunday, May 8), beginning at 11:00am ET. Episodes of I Love Lucy, Happy Days and The Brady Bunch will feature the best of classic TV mom-moments! Who can't get enough of Carol Brady, Mrs. C and Lucy? All three comedies will air multiple episodes starting at 11am lasting through 7pm. Don't take your mom out for dinner until you finish MeTV's "Moms on Me" Marathon!
Moving on to more mom fun, which Modern Family mom is your mother most like? Gloria? Claire? Or even Cam (don't tell him we said that!)? This Mother's Day show her just how much you care by sending her a personalized Modern Family video e-card brought to you by Verizon. It's the least you can do. After all, you are her favorite and she did give you life (or at least we hope she did). You can send the card to your mom via Facebook, Twitter or email. You can also create a URL to send it via instant message. And for all the bloggers like us, you can create an embed code to post it on your website. The hilarious (and touching) all-new Modern Family Mother's Day episode – fittingly titled "Mother's Day" – aired last night (Wednesday, May 4) at 9pm ET on ABC. It was well written and now you can bring that great writing to your mom via e-card! Send one to your mom today!
We have been giving your great Mother's Day tidbits all week, but stay tuned tomorrow for the best of them all!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 29
The Carmichael Show - "President Trump" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Joe decides to vote for Trump after meeting him, much to the dismay of Maxine, as each family member takes up for their candidate. Meanwhile Jerrod attempts to hear all sides of the election debate and attends a Trump rally with Joe.
The Carmichael Show - "The Blues" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Maxine (Amber Stevens West) finds Cynthia (Loretta Devine) in the kitchen crying, she uncovers an uncomfortable possibility that is hard for the whole family to face: Cynthia may be suffering from depression and in need of therapy.
Monday, May 30
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Watch Anthony on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Eugene Levy and Catherine O'Hara (Schitt's Creek) - Eugene and Catherine are guests on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat/Victorious) - Ariana is a musical guest on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jason is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period/Super Fun Night) - Riki appears on a repeat of The Nightly Show with Larry Wilmore at 11:30pm on Comedy Central.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron appears on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zendaya (K.C. Undercover/Shake It Up) - Zendaya appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael races against the clock in a celebrity guessing game on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.