Thursday, May 05, 2011
In addition to celebrities, TV Land will also include the M*A*S*H finale (which holds the record as the most watched episode in television history) as well as the 20th and 30th anniversary reunion specials to keep things going for what will be an unforgettable Memorial Day weekend on TV Land. So much to see and catch up on, so little time... don't miss it this Memorial Day Weekend on TV Land. The main stunt airs Sunday, May 29 and Monday, May 30 from 8pm-6am, all night long...but late night on Thursday, May 27 and Friday, May 28 will also have a late night block of episodes to get you you started from 2am-6am.
Back to June, in anticipation of the second 2.5 premiere of Hot in Cleveland on Wednesday, June 15, TV Land is showcasing its Hot in Cleveland programming all weekend long the weekend of Saturday, June 11 and Sunday, June 12. Don't miss this chance to catch up with the hottest sitcom on cable and warm up for more new episodes with TV Land as they'll present full season marathons and premium Hot in Cleveland content like cast favorites, fan favorites and the "Behind the Hotness" special featuring outtakes and special series moments. This weekend marathon will air on Saturday from 6am-8pm and some encores from 2am-6am (Everybody Loves Raymond is sandwiched in between from 8pm-2am). On Sunday it will air from 6am-12:30am. And speaking of the Sunday marathon, in order to generate internet chatter and grow the series' fan base in the days leading up to the new season premiere, Facebook users can vote for their favorite episodes to date which will air in a mini-marathon Sunday, June 12 beginning at 10pm.
The remaining ten episodes of the second season of Hot in Cleveland will begin June 15, which will lead into the new series Happily Divorced starring Fran Drescher. Happily Divorced is based on Fran Drescher's real life and centers around Los Angeles florist Fran (Drescher) as she deals with dating after finding out her realtor husband of 18 years (John Michael Higgins) is gay. The show focuses on how she juggles her new relationships and her ex-husband post-divorce while still living under the same roof. The cast is rounded out by Fran's best friend Judi (Tichina Arnold), her parents Dori and Glen (Rita Moreno and Robert Walden) and her flower delivery employee Cesar (Valente Rodriguez). Additionally, in the pilot, Fran's love interest, Elliot, is played by D.W. Moffett. The series will air for ten weeks in a row on Wednesdays at 10:30pm starting June 15!
The final stunt for June will be the AFI stunt honoring Morgan Freeman, which we mentioned. TV Land Presents: The AFI Life Achievement Award Honoring Morgan Freeman will air on TV Land on Sunday, June 26, 2011 at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT followed by a Red Carpet wrap-up special at 9:30 p.m.
Movies for the month are all encores. Airing are Crocodile Dundee, Analyze This, Top Gun, Made in America, and When Harry Met Sally. These of course air Mondays at 8am and 8pm. There will be no changes to the regular schedule, so it will be the same as May 2011, so the late night marathon madness continues.
MeTV Network is making Mother's Day even happier for classic TV fans! MeTV's "Moms on Me" marathon is on Mother's Day itself (Sunday, May 8), beginning at 11:00am ET. Episodes of I Love Lucy, Happy Days and The Brady Bunch will feature the best of classic TV mom-moments! Who can't get enough of Carol Brady, Mrs. C and Lucy? All three comedies will air multiple episodes starting at 11am lasting through 7pm. Don't take your mom out for dinner until you finish MeTV's "Moms on Me" Marathon!
Moving on to more mom fun, which Modern Family mom is your mother most like? Gloria? Claire? Or even Cam (don't tell him we said that!)? This Mother's Day show her just how much you care by sending her a personalized Modern Family video e-card brought to you by Verizon. It's the least you can do. After all, you are her favorite and she did give you life (or at least we hope she did). You can send the card to your mom via Facebook, Twitter or email. You can also create a URL to send it via instant message. And for all the bloggers like us, you can create an embed code to post it on your website. The hilarious (and touching) all-new Modern Family Mother's Day episode – fittingly titled "Mother's Day" – aired last night (Wednesday, May 4) at 9pm ET on ABC. It was well written and now you can bring that great writing to your mom via e-card! Send one to your mom today!
We have been giving your great Mother's Day tidbits all week, but stay tuned tomorrow for the best of them all!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, June 25
The Thundermans - "Chutes and Splatters" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Phoebe's newest superhero mission is to babysit President Kuckbutt's troublemaking teen daughter, but the assignment quickly snowballs out of control when Phoebe's charge sneaks into the town's illegal nightclub.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "Biggest. Game. Ever" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Everything the Bulldogs have worked for has led up to this game- the state championship against their rivals Whitworth! But when their new game plan is not working, the team has a shocking realization.
Sunday, June 26
- Sandra Bernhard (Roseanne) - Catch Sandra on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Watch Eric on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia is a guest on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Marc Maron (Maron) - Marc appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jenny Slate (Married/Bob's Burgers) - Jenny stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Greg Proops (True Jackson, VP) - Greg is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jill Kargman (Odd Mom Out) - Jill visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Aubrey Plaza (Parks and Recreation) - Aubrey appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- D.L. Hughley (The Hughleys) - D.L. guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kellita Smith (The First Family/The Bernie Mac Show) - Kellita stops by The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie reveals that her husband and daughter are hounding her for more children on People Now at 8:30am.
- Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - Craig is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela talks about Hulu's Casual on the AOL Build ShoW at 11am.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) and Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Louis and Kevin talk about The Secret Life of Pets on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Tony Shalhoub (We Are Men/Wings)- Tony will be on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.