Tuesday, May 03, 2011
Beginning today (Tuesday, May 3), fan messages will run on WGN America in on-screen snipes in the 9pm ET/6pm PT broadcast of How I Met Your Mother throughout the week, and culminate in the mother of all marathons... a How I Met Your Mother's Day Marathon on Mother's Day, Sunday, May 8, which will feature six How I Met Your Mother episodes from 7-10pm ET/4-7pm PT.
Earlier this year, WGN America launched a social media campaign for How I Met Your Mother using Facebook and Twitter to great success. In just under 2 months, WGN America's HIMYM fan page has amassed over 150,000 followers.
As part of WGN America's social media strategy, the network has partnered with Story Worldwide, a global content marketing agency, to help create and curate the ideal fan experience and drive tune-in to WGN America on air.
HIMYM currently airs on WGN America Tuesday through Friday (9pm ET/6pm PT), Saturday (11:30pm ET/8:30pm PT) and Sunday (7pm ET/4pm PT). In the coming months, WGN America plans to expand the HIMYM footprint and to develop separate social media campaigns for the new programming coming in September, including 30 Rock, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and Futurama. We will have more on WGN America's fall 2011 schedule in the coming months...there will be more shows coming, we'll tell you that!
Sticking with the Mother's Day theme, GMC will have an entire day for mom with The Waltons! The Mother's Day marathon airs on Sunday, May 8 from 11am-7pm leading into the movie Mother's Day on Walton's Mountain at 7pm and again at 9pm. In the movie, Mary Ellen marries Jonesy but they have a tragic start. While on their honeymoon, she suffers an accident that leaves her unable to bear children. Mary Ellen shuts everyone, even Jonesy out. She decides to go to the one person who can understand what she's going through, her mother, who is in Arizona recuperating from an illness.
Anyway, The Waltons now regularly airs on GMC every weekday at 12pm & 1pm and 5pm & 6pm, instead of 9pm & 10pm as it originally started. Sitcoms airing on the network are still 227 (weeknights at 11pm-12am and Saturdays 2pm-7pm), Amen (now earlier, weeknights 12-1am), and Sister Sister (Saturdays from 9am-2pm).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 23
Kevin Can Wait - "Choke Doubt" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin brags about saving a man from choking after hearing how much attention his brother Kyle is receiving for saving a cat. Adam Ferrara guest stars as Bill, a man Kevin saves from choking, and “The Insider” correspondent Michael Yo guest stars as Tom, a morning show anchor who interviews Kyle.
Man with a Plan - "The Talk" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam and Andi have the dreaded “talk” with Teddy and Kate, their awkward approach makes the kids horribly uncomfortable.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Emergency Contractor" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline get home from their road trip, Caroline discovers she likes the dessert bar renovations as much as she likes Bobby (Christopher Gorham), the contractor on the job. Also, Max rushes to Randy’s side when she hears he’s in the hospital in New York City, and Sophie joins a mommy group that cares more about partying than baby talk.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Conjugal Conjecture" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Sheldon’s mother and Leonard's father share an evening together, everyone deals with an awkward morning the next day. Also, Penny’s family arrives for the wedding ceremony, including her anxiety-ridden mother, Susan (Katey Sagal), and her drug dealing brother, Randall (Jack McBrayer). Dean Norris guest stars as Colonel Williams, an Air Force Representative from the Department of Materiel Command. Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Judd Hirsch and Keith Carradine return.
Monday, January 23
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT, on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Free Agents) - Kathryn will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.