Tuesday, March 01, 2011
TV Land Orders 3rd Season of Hot in Cleveland; Dancing with the Stars Season 12 Cast Has 2 Sitcom Stars
Production for season three will begin in the summer. Currently the series is airing episodes from the first half of season two. The second season has 20 episodes and the first 10 are airing through March 23. The second half of the season will resume with the final 10 episodes of the season this summer. A return date has not been officially set yet, though. No word on when season three will start airing, but it is possible for a late fall start. Stay with us for further information, as always!
The sitcom revolves around three fabulous best friends from Los Angeles – novelist Melanie Moretti (Valerie Bertinelli), eye-brow archer to the stars Joy Scroggs (Jane Leeves) and former soap star Victoria Chase (Wendie Malick) – who find their lives changed forever when their plane, headed for Paris, makes an unexpected landing. When the friends discover that life is better for them and that they are hot in Cleveland, they decide to stay. Starting over together, they rent a house that happens to come with a very opinionated caretaker (Betty White).
Last night ABC announced the cast of Dancing with the Stars season 12 live during two commercial breaks during The Bachelor. A star-studded cast filled with celebrities across a variety of genres -- including a boxing legend, a talk-show personality, a Super Bowl Steeler, a former Playboy bunny and a legendary comedic actress -- are set to compete each week on the dance floor in the spectacular two-hour season premiere on Monday, March 21 starting at 8pm ET/PT. All 11 couples will dance for the first time on live national television on that night, with couples either performing the Foxtrot or the Cha Cha Cha. The couple with the lowest combined judges' scores and public votes for their first two performances will be sent home the following week on the season premiere of Dancing with the Stars the Results Show on Tuesday, March 29 at 9pm ET/PT.
Hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke announced in a live press conference that the 11 stars are: Kirstie Alley (sitcom/comedic actress), Mike Catherwood (radio personality), Chris Jericho (former WWE wrestler/rock singer/TV host), Chelsea Kane (Disney Channel star), Sugar Ray Leonard (legendary boxer), Ralph Macchio (film and TV star), Petra Nemcova (supermodel), Romeo (pop-star/actor), Hines Ward (NFL star), Kendra Wilkinson (reality TV star), and Wendy Williams (talk show host).
Kirstie Alley is best known for her sitcom work on Cheers, Veronica's Closet and Fat Actress. Chelsea Kane might not be well known to many, but her Disney Channel core audience will know her best for role on Jonas. The young star also has guest starred on Wizards of Waverly Place, Cracking Up, Listen Up and The Bill Engvall Show. Those are the two sitcom stars, but of course Romeo starred on Nickelodeon's comedy series Romeo! And Ralph Macchio is known for his film work such as The Karate Kid, but he did have a recurring role on ABC's one-hour comedy Ugly Betty.
Dancing with the Stars will continue to bring in theme weeks like it did last season with theme weeks such as TV theme week. The 1,000th Competitive Dance will air on Monday, April 18 (8pm-9:31pm), while the final performance show of the season (The Finals) will air on Monday, May 23 (8pm-9pm) and the grand finale will air the following night on Tuesday, May 24 from 9pm-11pm.
Still no further news on the Two and a Half Men/Charlie Sheen situation besides the strange interviews that Charlie Sheen has done the past few days. He has done radio shows, a live TMZ webcast, the TODAY show (for two days in a row), Piers Morgan Tonight, among others. Bits of his 20/20 interview has aired on Good Morning America (and on other ABC shows like World News and Nightline) the past two days, but you can see the full interview tonight at 10pm on ABC. This is the first network primetime interview. Most of what he says is comedic gold, but yes, he clearly has gone bananas. "Scoreboard doesn't lie" on that, Charlie.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, April 24
The Big Bang Theory - "The Property Division Collision" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon and Leonard try to divvy up their shared belongings, but can’t agree on anything. Also, Koothrappali and Stuart fight to be the most helpful during Bernadette’s final weeks of pregnancy. Christopher Lloyd guest stars as Theodore.
Superior Donuts - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Emmy Award winner Judd Hirsch and comedian Jermaine Fowler star in a new comedy about the relationship between Arthur, the gruff owner of a small donut shop, his enterprising new young employee, Franco, and their loyal patrons in a quickly gentrifying Chicago neighborhood.
Kevin Can Wait - "Kevin vs. the Dutch Elm" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
As Kevin tries to charm his neighbor into giving him permission to cut down one of her trees, he becomes intimidated by her imposing son, Rutger (retired MMA Fighter and UFC Heavyweight Champion Bas Rutten), and invites them over for a non-existent party.
2 Broke Girls - "And the '80s Movie" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
As Max and Caroline, now part owners of the diner, put the finishing touches on their newly converted Dessert Bar, Max deals with the aftermath of her recent breakup with Randy, and Sophie and Oleg prepare for the birth of their baby.
American Dad - "A Nice Night for a Drive" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Klaus gets transferred into the navigation system of Stan's car when Stan refuses to pay for life-saving surgery; Steve and his friends prank Roger, who then terrorizes them for revenge.
Angie Tribeca - "Brockman Turner Overdrive" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When a beloved badminton star is the suspect of a hit-and-run, everyone turns a blind eye except Tribeca and Geils.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Couchy" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi creates a problem when she sells the ugly, used couch Sofia received from her boss.
Baby Daddy - "The Sonny-moon" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Ben becomes jealous when Bonnie sends Danny on a cruise to celebrate his impending fatherhood.
Monday, April 24
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Watch Lena on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Transparent/Free Agents) - Kathryn drops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She also talks about the new series I Love Dick on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Andrea Martin (Great News/Difficult People/Working the Engels) - Andrea stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Briga Heelan (Great News/Ground Floor) - Briga is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Matt Walsh (Veep), Mary Holland (Blunt Talk) and Timothy Simons (Veep) - Matt, Mary and Timothy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Cobie talks about making her Broadway debut in Present Laughter on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Katie Gill (Baby Daddy) - Katie is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa joins Clinton Kelly in the kitchen to make a delicious dessert with an ingredient she’s never had before—Rhubarb on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate talks about 13 Reasons Why on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.