Tuesday, March 01, 2011
TV Land Orders 3rd Season of Hot in Cleveland; Dancing with the Stars Season 12 Cast Has 2 Sitcom Stars
Production for season three will begin in the summer. Currently the series is airing episodes from the first half of season two. The second season has 20 episodes and the first 10 are airing through March 23. The second half of the season will resume with the final 10 episodes of the season this summer. A return date has not been officially set yet, though. No word on when season three will start airing, but it is possible for a late fall start. Stay with us for further information, as always!
The sitcom revolves around three fabulous best friends from Los Angeles – novelist Melanie Moretti (Valerie Bertinelli), eye-brow archer to the stars Joy Scroggs (Jane Leeves) and former soap star Victoria Chase (Wendie Malick) – who find their lives changed forever when their plane, headed for Paris, makes an unexpected landing. When the friends discover that life is better for them and that they are hot in Cleveland, they decide to stay. Starting over together, they rent a house that happens to come with a very opinionated caretaker (Betty White).
Last night ABC announced the cast of Dancing with the Stars season 12 live during two commercial breaks during The Bachelor. A star-studded cast filled with celebrities across a variety of genres -- including a boxing legend, a talk-show personality, a Super Bowl Steeler, a former Playboy bunny and a legendary comedic actress -- are set to compete each week on the dance floor in the spectacular two-hour season premiere on Monday, March 21 starting at 8pm ET/PT. All 11 couples will dance for the first time on live national television on that night, with couples either performing the Foxtrot or the Cha Cha Cha. The couple with the lowest combined judges' scores and public votes for their first two performances will be sent home the following week on the season premiere of Dancing with the Stars the Results Show on Tuesday, March 29 at 9pm ET/PT.
Hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke announced in a live press conference that the 11 stars are: Kirstie Alley (sitcom/comedic actress), Mike Catherwood (radio personality), Chris Jericho (former WWE wrestler/rock singer/TV host), Chelsea Kane (Disney Channel star), Sugar Ray Leonard (legendary boxer), Ralph Macchio (film and TV star), Petra Nemcova (supermodel), Romeo (pop-star/actor), Hines Ward (NFL star), Kendra Wilkinson (reality TV star), and Wendy Williams (talk show host).
Kirstie Alley is best known for her sitcom work on Cheers, Veronica's Closet and Fat Actress. Chelsea Kane might not be well known to many, but her Disney Channel core audience will know her best for role on Jonas. The young star also has guest starred on Wizards of Waverly Place, Cracking Up, Listen Up and The Bill Engvall Show. Those are the two sitcom stars, but of course Romeo starred on Nickelodeon's comedy series Romeo! And Ralph Macchio is known for his film work such as The Karate Kid, but he did have a recurring role on ABC's one-hour comedy Ugly Betty.
Dancing with the Stars will continue to bring in theme weeks like it did last season with theme weeks such as TV theme week. The 1,000th Competitive Dance will air on Monday, April 18 (8pm-9:31pm), while the final performance show of the season (The Finals) will air on Monday, May 23 (8pm-9pm) and the grand finale will air the following night on Tuesday, May 24 from 9pm-11pm.
Still no further news on the Two and a Half Men/Charlie Sheen situation besides the strange interviews that Charlie Sheen has done the past few days. He has done radio shows, a live TMZ webcast, the TODAY show (for two days in a row), Piers Morgan Tonight, among others. Bits of his 20/20 interview has aired on Good Morning America (and on other ABC shows like World News and Nightline) the past two days, but you can see the full interview tonight at 10pm on ABC. This is the first network primetime interview. Most of what he says is comedic gold, but yes, he clearly has gone bananas. "Scoreboard doesn't lie" on that, Charlie.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, January 18
Fresh Off the Boat - "Clean Slate" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
On the eve of Chinese New Year, Jessica pushes the entire family to settle all debts, disputes and grudges to ensure good fortune for the coming year. Unsure if she can contain her temper for the remainder of the day, Jessica enlists Emery to makes sure she keeps her cool. Meanwhile, Louis and Evan go on a wild goose chase to hunt down some hate mail, and Eddie is forced to entertain his super lame cousin.
Speechless - " S-I-- SICK D-A-- DAY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Maya gets sick, Jimmy is forced to be the mom of the house, and Dylan becomes Kenneth’s replacement for JJ when Kenneth also gets sick. Jimmy ends up doing well with Maya’s normal duties, but he tries to keep it from her to avoid her feeling bad. Meanwhile, JJ protects Dylan from a boy she’s interested in. And despite its illness, the family bands together and pulls an all-nighter to finish Ray’s school project.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "Good Dre Hunting" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow convinces a begrudging Dre to try therapy, and he learns how to cope with his anger issues. Meanwhile, Johan becomes a life coach to the kids.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "Old Lady House: A Situation Comedy" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie thinks Mac's mom is holding his mom hostage so the gang installs spy cameras in their house to monitor what's going on. What they end up discovering is the moms are quite entertaining once Dennis makes some quick edits and adds a laugh track to the surveillance footage. Dee wants in on the new hit show and Frank becomes obsessed with banging Charlie's mom now that he's seen her on TV.
Man Seeking Woman - "Horse" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Lucy attempts to forge a relationship with Josh's best friend Mike.
Schitt's Creek - "The Throuple" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David and Stevie try to come to terms with their new relationship; Alexis and Moira plan a mother/daughter lunch.
Wednesday, January 18
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Watch Wendi on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also talks about The Founder on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - Eric appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ted Danson (The Good Place/Becker/Cheers) - Ted visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) and B.J. Novak (The Office) - Neil and B.J. are guests on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. Neil can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:20am.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and his wife Rebecca Romijn chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Friends) - Matt appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kirstie Alley (Cheers/Veronica's Closet/Kirstie) - Kirstie dishes about the new season of Scream Queens and her weight loss with Jenny Craig on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.