Tuesday, March 01, 2011
TV Land Orders 3rd Season of Hot in Cleveland; Dancing with the Stars Season 12 Cast Has 2 Sitcom Stars
Production for season three will begin in the summer. Currently the series is airing episodes from the first half of season two. The second season has 20 episodes and the first 10 are airing through March 23. The second half of the season will resume with the final 10 episodes of the season this summer. A return date has not been officially set yet, though. No word on when season three will start airing, but it is possible for a late fall start. Stay with us for further information, as always!
The sitcom revolves around three fabulous best friends from Los Angeles – novelist Melanie Moretti (Valerie Bertinelli), eye-brow archer to the stars Joy Scroggs (Jane Leeves) and former soap star Victoria Chase (Wendie Malick) – who find their lives changed forever when their plane, headed for Paris, makes an unexpected landing. When the friends discover that life is better for them and that they are hot in Cleveland, they decide to stay. Starting over together, they rent a house that happens to come with a very opinionated caretaker (Betty White).
Last night ABC announced the cast of Dancing with the Stars season 12 live during two commercial breaks during The Bachelor. A star-studded cast filled with celebrities across a variety of genres -- including a boxing legend, a talk-show personality, a Super Bowl Steeler, a former Playboy bunny and a legendary comedic actress -- are set to compete each week on the dance floor in the spectacular two-hour season premiere on Monday, March 21 starting at 8pm ET/PT. All 11 couples will dance for the first time on live national television on that night, with couples either performing the Foxtrot or the Cha Cha Cha. The couple with the lowest combined judges' scores and public votes for their first two performances will be sent home the following week on the season premiere of Dancing with the Stars the Results Show on Tuesday, March 29 at 9pm ET/PT.
Hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke announced in a live press conference that the 11 stars are: Kirstie Alley (sitcom/comedic actress), Mike Catherwood (radio personality), Chris Jericho (former WWE wrestler/rock singer/TV host), Chelsea Kane (Disney Channel star), Sugar Ray Leonard (legendary boxer), Ralph Macchio (film and TV star), Petra Nemcova (supermodel), Romeo (pop-star/actor), Hines Ward (NFL star), Kendra Wilkinson (reality TV star), and Wendy Williams (talk show host).
Kirstie Alley is best known for her sitcom work on Cheers, Veronica's Closet and Fat Actress. Chelsea Kane might not be well known to many, but her Disney Channel core audience will know her best for role on Jonas. The young star also has guest starred on Wizards of Waverly Place, Cracking Up, Listen Up and The Bill Engvall Show. Those are the two sitcom stars, but of course Romeo starred on Nickelodeon's comedy series Romeo! And Ralph Macchio is known for his film work such as The Karate Kid, but he did have a recurring role on ABC's one-hour comedy Ugly Betty.
Dancing with the Stars will continue to bring in theme weeks like it did last season with theme weeks such as TV theme week. The 1,000th Competitive Dance will air on Monday, April 18 (8pm-9:31pm), while the final performance show of the season (The Finals) will air on Monday, May 23 (8pm-9pm) and the grand finale will air the following night on Tuesday, May 24 from 9pm-11pm.
Still no further news on the Two and a Half Men/Charlie Sheen situation besides the strange interviews that Charlie Sheen has done the past few days. He has done radio shows, a live TMZ webcast, the TODAY show (for two days in a row), Piers Morgan Tonight, among others. Bits of his 20/20 interview has aired on Good Morning America (and on other ABC shows like World News and Nightline) the past two days, but you can see the full interview tonight at 10pm on ABC. This is the first network primetime interview. Most of what he says is comedic gold, but yes, he clearly has gone bananas. "Scoreboard doesn't lie" on that, Charlie.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 10
Saturday, December 10
- Dennis Haskins (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Dennis will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Watch Jennifer Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats about the film Why Him? on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Matthew stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will talks about Collateral Beauty on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice/Arrested Development) - Henry will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) - Megan is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.