Tuesday, March 01, 2011
TV Land Orders 3rd Season of Hot in Cleveland; Dancing with the Stars Season 12 Cast Has 2 Sitcom Stars
Production for season three will begin in the summer. Currently the series is airing episodes from the first half of season two. The second season has 20 episodes and the first 10 are airing through March 23. The second half of the season will resume with the final 10 episodes of the season this summer. A return date has not been officially set yet, though. No word on when season three will start airing, but it is possible for a late fall start. Stay with us for further information, as always!
The sitcom revolves around three fabulous best friends from Los Angeles – novelist Melanie Moretti (Valerie Bertinelli), eye-brow archer to the stars Joy Scroggs (Jane Leeves) and former soap star Victoria Chase (Wendie Malick) – who find their lives changed forever when their plane, headed for Paris, makes an unexpected landing. When the friends discover that life is better for them and that they are hot in Cleveland, they decide to stay. Starting over together, they rent a house that happens to come with a very opinionated caretaker (Betty White).
Last night ABC announced the cast of Dancing with the Stars season 12 live during two commercial breaks during The Bachelor. A star-studded cast filled with celebrities across a variety of genres -- including a boxing legend, a talk-show personality, a Super Bowl Steeler, a former Playboy bunny and a legendary comedic actress -- are set to compete each week on the dance floor in the spectacular two-hour season premiere on Monday, March 21 starting at 8pm ET/PT. All 11 couples will dance for the first time on live national television on that night, with couples either performing the Foxtrot or the Cha Cha Cha. The couple with the lowest combined judges' scores and public votes for their first two performances will be sent home the following week on the season premiere of Dancing with the Stars the Results Show on Tuesday, March 29 at 9pm ET/PT.
Hosts Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke announced in a live press conference that the 11 stars are: Kirstie Alley (sitcom/comedic actress), Mike Catherwood (radio personality), Chris Jericho (former WWE wrestler/rock singer/TV host), Chelsea Kane (Disney Channel star), Sugar Ray Leonard (legendary boxer), Ralph Macchio (film and TV star), Petra Nemcova (supermodel), Romeo (pop-star/actor), Hines Ward (NFL star), Kendra Wilkinson (reality TV star), and Wendy Williams (talk show host).
Kirstie Alley is best known for her sitcom work on Cheers, Veronica's Closet and Fat Actress. Chelsea Kane might not be well known to many, but her Disney Channel core audience will know her best for role on Jonas. The young star also has guest starred on Wizards of Waverly Place, Cracking Up, Listen Up and The Bill Engvall Show. Those are the two sitcom stars, but of course Romeo starred on Nickelodeon's comedy series Romeo! And Ralph Macchio is known for his film work such as The Karate Kid, but he did have a recurring role on ABC's one-hour comedy Ugly Betty.
Dancing with the Stars will continue to bring in theme weeks like it did last season with theme weeks such as TV theme week. The 1,000th Competitive Dance will air on Monday, April 18 (8pm-9:31pm), while the final performance show of the season (The Finals) will air on Monday, May 23 (8pm-9pm) and the grand finale will air the following night on Tuesday, May 24 from 9pm-11pm.
Still no further news on the Two and a Half Men/Charlie Sheen situation besides the strange interviews that Charlie Sheen has done the past few days. He has done radio shows, a live TMZ webcast, the TODAY show (for two days in a row), Piers Morgan Tonight, among others. Bits of his 20/20 interview has aired on Good Morning America (and on other ABC shows like World News and Nightline) the past two days, but you can see the full interview tonight at 10pm on ABC. This is the first network primetime interview. Most of what he says is comedic gold, but yes, he clearly has gone bananas. "Scoreboard doesn't lie" on that, Charlie.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, May 22
Angie Tribeca - "License to Drill" (TBS, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Geils lands in trouble when he helps a woman investigate whether her husband is having an affair.
Young & Hungry - "Young & Amnesia" (Freeform, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Gabi attempts to cure Josh's amnesia by re-creating the first time they met.
Baby Daddy - "Daddy's Girl" (Freeform, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Riley is confined to the couch; Ben struggles to answer Emma's questions about her mother.
Monday, May 22
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Watch Chelsea on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Bloodline on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Michaela Watkins (Casual/Trophy Wife) - Michaela is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Seaton Smith (Mulaney) - Seaton stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nicole Richie (Great News) - Nicole visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/The Parkers) - Kym guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tichina Arnold (Survivor's Remorse/Happily Divorced/Everybody Hates Chris/Martin) - Tichina appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Brenda Strong (The Help/Scorch) - Brenda talks about Supergirl on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss joins Clinton Kelly to whip up a delicious delight on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti performs a jazz song from her new album on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Loretta Devine and Lil Rel Howery (The Carmichael Show) - Loretta and Lil are guests on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Ellie Reed (Girlboss) - Ellie talks about Girlboss on the AOL Build Show at 5pm.