Friday, December 31, 2010
New Year's Eve 2010 and New Year's Day 2011 TV Marathons; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of January 3, 2011)
Some of the major TV stunts we mentioned already were ABC Family's two day America's Funniest Home Videos marathon from 11am-11pm today and 7am-1am tomorrow to start the year. Laughs is certainly the way to go! New multicast network Antenna TV launches later tonight with The Three Stooges airing through tomorrow and then Benny Hill. Meanwhile, the Me-TV Network showcases a "Day of Firsts" with first episodes of their series on New Year's Day. Local station in Chicago has a Three Stooges marathon today and an Andy Griffith Show marathon tomorrow to ring in the new year. TV Land has a Hot in Cleveland marathon from 8pm-11pm on New Year's Day followed by a special at 11pm. TV One will ring in the new year with Martin on New Year's Day Saturday for 24-hours starting at 6am. We mentioned that WPIX in New York will of course have their annual The Honeymooners marathon starting at 12 midnight tonight. CMT has a nice marathon weekend in store with The Dukes of Hazzard today, Dallas on New Year's Day and Green Acres on Sunday--all starting at 2pm ET! Yeehaw! BET says hello to 2011 with a New Year's Day marathon of The Game starting at 11am on Saturday and continues on Sunday (Jan. 2). Sister network Centric will have an In Living Color marathon today beginning at 6am and an A-Team marathon tomorrow starting at 11am on New Year's Day. IFC launches The Larry Sanders Show with a marathon tomorrow on New Year's Day starting at 6am. And ION gives us a marathon of Without a Trace starting at 3pm. All of these were mentioned on our regular news posts.
Some of the stuff we have not mentioned include another marathon of The Three Stooges, this time on AMC on New Year's Day starting at 9am. GMC has an All-Star marathon of 227 on New Year's Day starting at 9am with guest stars galore. A&E spends New Year's Eve with Criminal Minds for the last day of the year starting at 8am. USA Network has a House marathon starting 6am today and a NCIS marathon on New Year's Day, while Sleuth spends the last day of the year today with a Monk marathon starting at 6am. Syfy has its annual Twilight Zone marathon today starting at 8am and continues on New Year's Day as well! Reality wise, Chiller has a Fear Factor marathon on New Year's Day beginning at 6am. Universal HD will air a marathon of the short-lived drama Life is Wild starring Leah Pipes starting at 6am today. And it may be Friday today, but spend New Year's Eve with a marathon of Saturday Night Live from 7am-2am on VH-1! BBC America says hello to 2011 with a Doctor Who marathon on Saturday starting at 6am. TNT has a Law & Order marathon to start off 2011, while SOAPnet has an One Tree Hill marathon to kick-off the new year tomorrow. Animation wise, Boomerang has a Tom & Jerry marathon on New Year's Day starting at 6am. Good fun!
Other notable TV marathons include ABC's V block tomorrow night from 8pm-11pm and Discovery Channel will air The Deadliest Catch marathon today from 9am-11pm. Movie wise, AMC has the Back to the Future trilogy movie marathon starting at 10:30am this morning! Chiller has a Zombie movie marathon all-day today, while Encore has a Jaws movie franchise marathon today going on now through end of the day tomorrow. Hallmark Channel continues to air Christmas movies this weekend. Lifetime has a best of 2010 movie marathon starting at 11am with Sundays at Tiffany's. TCM has New Year's Eve with the Marx Brothers starting at 8pm. On Comedy Central, it's National Hangover Day tomorrow starting at 10:30am with funny movies.
Check out a full New Year's marathon list from our friends at TVTango.com.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Jan. 3-7, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, January 3, 2011
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Everybody Loves Raymond/Back to You) - Watch Patty on the return of all-new episodes of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am on ABC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Catch Ron on an all-new Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Catch Lisa on a new Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:37am.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Watch Ray on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Zachary Levi (Less than Perfect) - Watch a repeat of Zachary on Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends/Joey/Top of the Heap/Vinnie & Bobby) - Catch Matt on an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am on ABC.
- Bob Saget (Full House/Raising Dad/Surviving Suburbia/Weeds) - Watch a repeat of Bob on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cloris Leachman (Raising Hope/Phyllis/Mary Tyler Moore Show/Facts of Life) - Cloris will be on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show so check your listings or watch on BET at 12am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice/Arrested Development/Monty) - Watch Henry on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:37am.
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) - Watch Rico on an all-new The Ellen DeGeneres Show...check listings.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Watch Roseanne on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check listings.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Jim on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) -Watch Mila on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:37am.
- Michael J. Fox (Family Ties/Spin City) - Watch a repeat of Michael on ABC's The View at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends/Joey/Top of the Heap/Vinnie & Bobby) - Watch Matt on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser MD) - Watch Neil co-host with Kelly Ripa on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly this morning, so check listings.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock/SNL) - Watch a repeat of Tina on ABC's The View at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
How I Met Your Mother - "Daisy" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Marshall enlists Ted and Barney to help him figure out where Lily went when she left in the middle of their fight.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Soft Opening" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Business booms for Max and Caroline’s new cupcake walk-up window when word spreads about a shocking incident involving a rock star.
Mike & Molly - "Rich Man, Poor Girl" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Victoria brings home a new boyfriend and the entire family wonders if he’s finally “the one.”
Mom - "Belgian Waffles and Bathroom Privileges" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Christy has trouble accepting how much easier life is with Bonnie in the house. Meanwhile, Baxter sets up camp in the driveway.
Monday, March 10
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Watch Steve on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today between 7-9am. Finally, he chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Minnie Driver (About a Boy) - Minnie is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Weeds) - Kevin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Nia Long (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air), Zulay Henao (Love Thy Neighbor), Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) and Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs) - The cast of The Single Moms Club are guests on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Paul Scheer (The League) - Paul appears on The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Ray appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Krysten Ritter (Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Krysten talks about her new movie Veronica Mars on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie joins Clinton Kelly and prepares a savory layered dish with mushrooms and polenta and discusses her new book (Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde) on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey and Troy Gentile (The Goldbergs) - Wendi and Troy will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings. Wendi will also be on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Chris Lowell (Enlisted) - Chris talks about the new Veronica Mars movie on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He will also be on WPIX Morning News at 8:45AM in New York and on HuffPost Live.
- Jenna Elfman (Growing Up Fisher/1600 Penn/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- The Cast of Mixology - The cast of Mixology will be guests on Pop Sugar on TV Guide Network at 6pm and on the next day on their website at noon.
- Jason Ritter (The Class) - Jason appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/Silver Spoons) - Jason visits NBC's Today between 7-9am.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer is a guest on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.