Friday, December 31, 2010
New Year's Eve 2010 and New Year's Day 2011 TV Marathons; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of January 3, 2011)
Some of the major TV stunts we mentioned already were ABC Family's two day America's Funniest Home Videos marathon from 11am-11pm today and 7am-1am tomorrow to start the year. Laughs is certainly the way to go! New multicast network Antenna TV launches later tonight with The Three Stooges airing through tomorrow and then Benny Hill. Meanwhile, the Me-TV Network showcases a "Day of Firsts" with first episodes of their series on New Year's Day. Local station in Chicago has a Three Stooges marathon today and an Andy Griffith Show marathon tomorrow to ring in the new year. TV Land has a Hot in Cleveland marathon from 8pm-11pm on New Year's Day followed by a special at 11pm. TV One will ring in the new year with Martin on New Year's Day Saturday for 24-hours starting at 6am. We mentioned that WPIX in New York will of course have their annual The Honeymooners marathon starting at 12 midnight tonight. CMT has a nice marathon weekend in store with The Dukes of Hazzard today, Dallas on New Year's Day and Green Acres on Sunday--all starting at 2pm ET! Yeehaw! BET says hello to 2011 with a New Year's Day marathon of The Game starting at 11am on Saturday and continues on Sunday (Jan. 2). Sister network Centric will have an In Living Color marathon today beginning at 6am and an A-Team marathon tomorrow starting at 11am on New Year's Day. IFC launches The Larry Sanders Show with a marathon tomorrow on New Year's Day starting at 6am. And ION gives us a marathon of Without a Trace starting at 3pm. All of these were mentioned on our regular news posts.
Some of the stuff we have not mentioned include another marathon of The Three Stooges, this time on AMC on New Year's Day starting at 9am. GMC has an All-Star marathon of 227 on New Year's Day starting at 9am with guest stars galore. A&E spends New Year's Eve with Criminal Minds for the last day of the year starting at 8am. USA Network has a House marathon starting 6am today and a NCIS marathon on New Year's Day, while Sleuth spends the last day of the year today with a Monk marathon starting at 6am. Syfy has its annual Twilight Zone marathon today starting at 8am and continues on New Year's Day as well! Reality wise, Chiller has a Fear Factor marathon on New Year's Day beginning at 6am. Universal HD will air a marathon of the short-lived drama Life is Wild starring Leah Pipes starting at 6am today. And it may be Friday today, but spend New Year's Eve with a marathon of Saturday Night Live from 7am-2am on VH-1! BBC America says hello to 2011 with a Doctor Who marathon on Saturday starting at 6am. TNT has a Law & Order marathon to start off 2011, while SOAPnet has an One Tree Hill marathon to kick-off the new year tomorrow. Animation wise, Boomerang has a Tom & Jerry marathon on New Year's Day starting at 6am. Good fun!
Other notable TV marathons include ABC's V block tomorrow night from 8pm-11pm and Discovery Channel will air The Deadliest Catch marathon today from 9am-11pm. Movie wise, AMC has the Back to the Future trilogy movie marathon starting at 10:30am this morning! Chiller has a Zombie movie marathon all-day today, while Encore has a Jaws movie franchise marathon today going on now through end of the day tomorrow. Hallmark Channel continues to air Christmas movies this weekend. Lifetime has a best of 2010 movie marathon starting at 11am with Sundays at Tiffany's. TCM has New Year's Eve with the Marx Brothers starting at 8pm. On Comedy Central, it's National Hangover Day tomorrow starting at 10:30am with funny movies.
Check out a full New Year's marathon list from our friends at TVTango.com.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Jan. 3-7, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, January 3, 2011
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Everybody Loves Raymond/Back to You) - Watch Patty on the return of all-new episodes of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am on ABC.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Catch Ron on an all-new Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Catch Lisa on a new Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:37am.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Watch Ray on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Zachary Levi (Less than Perfect) - Watch a repeat of Zachary on Conan on TBS at 11pm.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends/Joey/Top of the Heap/Vinnie & Bobby) - Catch Matt on an all-new Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am on ABC.
- Bob Saget (Full House/Raising Dad/Surviving Suburbia/Weeds) - Watch a repeat of Bob on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Cloris Leachman (Raising Hope/Phyllis/Mary Tyler Moore Show/Facts of Life) - Cloris will be on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show so check your listings or watch on BET at 12am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice/Arrested Development/Monty) - Watch Henry on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:37am.
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) - Watch Rico on an all-new The Ellen DeGeneres Show...check listings.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Watch Roseanne on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check listings.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch Jim on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- Mila Kunis (That '70s Show/Family Guy) -Watch Mila on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:37am.
- Michael J. Fox (Family Ties/Spin City) - Watch a repeat of Michael on ABC's The View at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Matt LeBlanc (Episodes/Friends/Joey/Top of the Heap/Vinnie & Bobby) - Watch Matt on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser MD) - Watch Neil co-host with Kelly Ripa on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly this morning, so check listings.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock/SNL) - Watch a repeat of Tina on ABC's The View at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, May 27
The Simpsons - "Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lonely Professor Fink uses science to turn himself into a man whom women find attractive. Then, overwhelmed by the attention, he invents an algorithm to perfectly pair the lonely men and women of Springfield, realizing that scientific exploration is his true love. Meanwhile, Marge, Bart, and Lisa visit Grampa for Valentine’s Day and try to rescue the old folks from a drug-induced hallucination that allows them to relive their happiest memories.
The Simpsons - "Gal of Constant Sorrow" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Bart accidentally sends a sweet homeless woman’s cart into the river, he allows her to live in his closet for a small fee. When Lisa discovers that the woman is an incredible folk singer, she offers her own closet and plans a concert, only to be disappointed by Hettie’s surprising substance abuse and violent nature. Meanwhile Homer tries to prove he’s handy, but accidentally traps the cat in the walls of the house.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "True Intentions" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Angela and Leslie are shocked when Jennifer confesses she has been keeping a secret.
Friday, May 27
- Maya Rudolph (Up All Night) - Watch Maya on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Rashida Jones (Angie Tribeca/Parks and Recreation/The Office) - Rashida visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also talks about Angie Tribeca on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Jason appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran is a guest on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Lizzy talks about Now You See Me 2 on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig appears on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Danica McKellar (The Wonder Years) - Danica talks about the Hallmark Channel original movie Wedding Bells on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Ernie Hudson (Grace and Frankie/The Last Precinct) - Ernie shares a fun flashback from the original Ghostbusters on People Now at 8:30am.
- Sam Waterson (Grace and Frankie) - Sam talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/TWo and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.