Friday, December 24, 2010
2010 Christmas Eve and Christmas Day TV Marathons/Movies; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of December 27, 2010)
Some of the major TV stunts we mentioned already were ABC Family's 25 Days of Christmas concluding today and tomorrow after 25 days. That is our pick of course! TV Land's 11th Annual Merrython starts tonight and runs into tomorrow with classic holiday episodes of many TV series! TV One will also celebrate the holidays with holiday episodes tonight starting at 7pm and tomorrow morning and afternoon! Yesterday we mentioned that ReelzChannel will have an 11-hour Brothers & Sisters marathon with the first 11 episodes. Centric will have a Sister, Sister marathon today beginning at 9am and a Proud Family marathon starting at 12 noon on Christmas Day.
Some of the stuff we have not mentioned are Boomerang's Christmas Party starting at 4pm today with many holiday animated episodes and specials! MTV has a short That '70s Show block starting at 4pm. WE tv spends Christmas Day with The Golden Girls starting at 6pm. BET has a Girlfriends marathon tomorrow starting at 9am and on Sunday they will give us a marathon of The Jamie Foxx Show starting at 12 noon. Syfy has a Star Trek: The Next Generation marathon today starting at 8am. Logo has a Buffy the Vampire Slayer marathon on Christmas Day beginning at 7:30am. And hello angels, spend Christmas Day with the '70s classic series Charlie's Angels with a marathon on Christmas Day on Universal HD starting at 6am!
Other notable TV marathons include Bravo's Real Housewives of New Jersey marathon tomorrow and both A&E and ION will air Criminal Minds marathons today. BBC America will showcase Doctor Who today starting at midnight. GMC will give us 24 straight hours of The Yule Log starting tonight. On local TV, of course KTLA has an Antenna TV preview on Sunday from 1pm-4pm PT, that we mentioned. But a station in Hartford, CT (WCCT) will have Christmas episodes of Paramount classics on Christmas Day from 4pm-8pm with The Brady Bunch, Family Ties, Laverne & Shirley, Happy Days and Cheers.
Movie wise, for the 14th year in a row Turner will have its annual A Christmas Story (1983) 24-hour movie marathon on TBS from 8pm tonight through 8pm Christmas night! There are some others on the other networks doing holiday movie marathons for large amount of encores as well. FX is planning to run the movie Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who starting at 4pm today lasting to 7pm Christmas Day. AMC will have two movie marathons. Today they will air the 1954 classic White Christmas and Miracle on 34th Street. Then all day tomorrow they will air the 1988 film Scrooged starting at 10am. Spike TV will spend today and tomorrow with a Star Wars movie marathon starting at 9am. Comedy Central's 13 Days of Christmas continues today starting at 1:30pm. While other networks such as TCM, Lifetime, WGN America, Hallmark Channel, and USA Network have movie marathons today. Lifetime and Hallmark continue holiday movie marathons on Christmas Day, with TNT and Syfy also joining the movie fun on Christmas Day. Hallmark Movie Channel will air a McBride movie marathon on Christmas Day and a Jane Doe movie marathon the following day.
Check out a full holiday marathon list from our friends at TVTango.com, which even includes holiday episodes of series airing on their normal time.
Stay tuned this time next week for our annual look at marathons on New Year's Eve and New Year's Day! Join us then!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Dec. 27-31, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, December 27, 2010
- Jack McBrayer (30 Rock) - Watch Jack on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Dan Lauria (The Wonder Years) - Catch Dan on an all-new Good Morning America on ABC sometime between 7-9am.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogier Howser MD) - Catch Neil on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - Watch a repeat of Sofia The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Catch Jerry on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Watch a repeat of Julie on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker/Bored to Death/Help Me Help You) - Ted will be on a repeat of The Rachel Ray Show so check your listings.
- Danny DeVito (Taxi/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Watch Danny on a repeat of the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:37am.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - Watch a repeat of Mario on The Ellen DeGeneres Show...check listings.
- Ray Romano (Everybody Loves Raymond) - Catch Ray on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Dick Van Dyke (The Dick Van Dyke Show) - Watch Dick on a repeat of Late Late Show with Craig Ferugson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Watch a repeat of Jim on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check listings.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock/SNL) - Watch a repeat of Tina on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jane Kaczmarek (Malcolm in the Middle/Help Me Help You) -Watch Jane on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show, so check your listings or watch on cable on BET at 12am ET.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.