Wednesday, November 10, 2010
The 13-episode series stars former Friends star Lisa Kudrow and was created by Kudrow and Sex and the City creator Michael Patrick King. The 2005 series was about a former sitcom star trying to make her way back in show business, and without much luck. Lisa Kudrow, was also nominated for an Emmy for the role.
The series will be paired with Sundance's newest reality show Girls Who Like Boys Who Like Boys, which will premiere Tuesday, Dec. 7 at 10:30pm ET. That series examines relationships between women and their gay best friends.
Conan O'Brien's new TBS talk show was a hit with young viewers for its premiere on Monday night, delivering an audience with a projected median age of just 30 (compared to the median age of 59 for The Tonight Show). Conan - which featured guests Seth Rogen, Lea Michele and Jack White - was watched by 2,451,000 adults 18-34; 3,285,000 adults 18-49; and 4,155,000 total viewers. The series beat both Late Show with David Letterman and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in all categories (including hammering both in adults 18-49 by wide margins). Conan also beat Comedy Central's The Daily Show and The Colbert Report in the hour. Conan was second overall in late night to ABC's Nightline, which had a 3.7 metered market rating, to Conan's 2.8 metered market rating, but the new talk show was by far the best in adults 18-49.
O'Brien has a strong following among younger viewers, and social media has proven to be a key way for him to connect with his fans. Conan welcomed guests Tom Hanks, Jack McBrayer and Soundgarden last night. Upcoming guests include Jon Hamm, Fistful of Mercy and Charlyne Yi tonight; and Michael Cera, Julie Bowen and Jon Dore on Thursday. Conan airs Mon-Thurs at 11:00pm ET on TBS.
Meanwhile, Lopez Tonight moved to 12am on Monday. TBS's Lopez Tonight, starring George Lopez, opened its second year Monday with outstanding deliveries of adults 18-34 (571,000) and adults 18-49 (883,000). The series had a 1.1 metered market rating, coming short of other 12am entries: Jimmy Kimmel Live (1.7), Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (1.4) and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (1.2).
Overall, Monday's premiere – which featured Grammy®-winning musical artist and actress Janet Jackson, musical guest Rooney and online sensation Antoine Dodson – was watched by 1,352,000 total viewers in its new later timeslot. Last night, Lopez was joined by Oscar®-winning actor Jamie Foxx, Glee star Jayma Mays and San Francisco Giants infielder Freddy Sanchez. Upcoming guests include Howie Mandel and Juliette Lewis tonight and Denzel Washington, Hilary Duff and Russell Peters on Thursday. Lopez Tonight airs Mon-Thurs nights at 12 midnight ET.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, April 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Cognition Regeneration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Leonard isn’t thrilled when Penny considers taking a new job offered by her ex-boyfriend, Zack (Brian Thomas Smith).
The Great Indoors - "The Heartbreaker" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack sets up a double date to get Eddie out of a post-divorce rut, but the night gets awkward when they run into Denise (Essence Atkins), Eddie’s ex-wife. Also, when Emma decides to breakup with her boyfriend, Greg (Andy Ridings), Clark is torn between making a move on her and salvaging his friendship with Greg.
Mom - "A Cricket and a Hedge Made of Gold" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Marjorie takes a break from the group, Bonnie becomes the go-to for everyone’s problems, and Christy tries to overcome a painful memory from her past.
Life in Pieces - "Ear Scorn Registry Manuscript" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen goes to Tim for help with an embarrassing ailment, she begs him not to tell the family. Also, Dougie (Fortune Feimster) enlists Joan to help her buy a gift for Matt and Colleen’s wedding; Heather gets jealous when her friends want to include Jen in their mommy group; and Professor Sinclair Wilde (Cary Elwes) encourages Joan to ask her family to read a draft of her book.
Superstore - "Ladies' Lunch" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
During the morning meeting, Glenn (Mark McKinney) accidentally tells the employees the real reason Amy (America Ferrera) has been late to work lately. Meanwhile, Dina (Lauren Ash) tries to cheer up Amy by kidnapping her for a "ladies' lunch." Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Garrett (Colton Dunn) invent a game to pass the time, tricking Glenn and Mateo (Nico Santos) in the process. Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) helps Amy take a fearless step with a dramatic new look.
Superstore - "Cheyenne's Wedding" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
It's Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) and Bo's (recurring guest star Johnny Pemberton) dream wedding, but not everything goes according to plan. Meanwhile, relationships unravel as Amy (America Ferrera) and Jonah (Ben Feldman) dodge relationship rumors. Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to change Jeff's (recurring guest star Michael Bunin) mind after learning of upcoming layoffs, Dina (Lauren Ash) talks her way into the wedding party and Mateo (Nico Santos) dodges Jeff throughout the wedding.
Thursday, April 27
- Julia Louis-Dreyfus (Veep/The New Adventures of Old Christine/Seinfeld) - Catch Julia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Thomas Middleditch (Silicon Valley) - Thomas stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Benjamin Hickey (The Big C/It's All Relative) - John visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America chats about Superstore on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Geoff Stults (Enlisted) - Geoff is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael plays Pyramid on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Perrey Reeves (Entourage) - Perrey makes a kale salad on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Courting Alex/Accidentally on Purpose/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Geena Davis (The Geena Davis Show/Buffalo Bill) - Geena talks about A League of Their Own on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Baryshnikov (Superior Donuts) - Anna talks about Superior Donuts on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.