Wednesday, November 10, 2010
The 13-episode series stars former Friends star Lisa Kudrow and was created by Kudrow and Sex and the City creator Michael Patrick King. The 2005 series was about a former sitcom star trying to make her way back in show business, and without much luck. Lisa Kudrow, was also nominated for an Emmy for the role.
The series will be paired with Sundance's newest reality show Girls Who Like Boys Who Like Boys, which will premiere Tuesday, Dec. 7 at 10:30pm ET. That series examines relationships between women and their gay best friends.
Conan O'Brien's new TBS talk show was a hit with young viewers for its premiere on Monday night, delivering an audience with a projected median age of just 30 (compared to the median age of 59 for The Tonight Show). Conan - which featured guests Seth Rogen, Lea Michele and Jack White - was watched by 2,451,000 adults 18-34; 3,285,000 adults 18-49; and 4,155,000 total viewers. The series beat both Late Show with David Letterman and The Tonight Show with Jay Leno in all categories (including hammering both in adults 18-49 by wide margins). Conan also beat Comedy Central's The Daily Show and The Colbert Report in the hour. Conan was second overall in late night to ABC's Nightline, which had a 3.7 metered market rating, to Conan's 2.8 metered market rating, but the new talk show was by far the best in adults 18-49.
O'Brien has a strong following among younger viewers, and social media has proven to be a key way for him to connect with his fans. Conan welcomed guests Tom Hanks, Jack McBrayer and Soundgarden last night. Upcoming guests include Jon Hamm, Fistful of Mercy and Charlyne Yi tonight; and Michael Cera, Julie Bowen and Jon Dore on Thursday. Conan airs Mon-Thurs at 11:00pm ET on TBS.
Meanwhile, Lopez Tonight moved to 12am on Monday. TBS's Lopez Tonight, starring George Lopez, opened its second year Monday with outstanding deliveries of adults 18-34 (571,000) and adults 18-49 (883,000). The series had a 1.1 metered market rating, coming short of other 12am entries: Jimmy Kimmel Live (1.7), Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson (1.4) and Late Night with Jimmy Fallon (1.2).
Overall, Monday's premiere – which featured Grammy®-winning musical artist and actress Janet Jackson, musical guest Rooney and online sensation Antoine Dodson – was watched by 1,352,000 total viewers in its new later timeslot. Last night, Lopez was joined by Oscar®-winning actor Jamie Foxx, Glee star Jayma Mays and San Francisco Giants infielder Freddy Sanchez. Upcoming guests include Howie Mandel and Juliette Lewis tonight and Denzel Washington, Hilary Duff and Russell Peters on Thursday. Lopez Tonight airs Mon-Thurs nights at 12 midnight ET.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.