Monday, November 15, 2010
Premiere Date for CMT Sitcom Working Class with Ed Asner; KCDO Denver No Longer RTV, But Remains Classic TV
Working Class, starring Ed Asner and Melissa Peterman, makes its network debut Friday, January 28 at 8:00 p.m., ET/PT, followed by a special second, all-new episode at 8:30 p.m., ET/PT. Working Class stars Melissa Peterman as a single mom, Carli, who tries to give her kids a better life by moving them to an upscale suburb. She quickly finds that making the transition to "the good life" is harder than she thought. TV legend Ed Asner stars as the cranky, misanthropic neighbor and co-worker, Hank; while TV newcomer and Broadway vet, Steve Kazee, plays Carli's ladies-man brother. The series has a 12 episode order.
Hosted by Pauly Shore, CMT's new series, Meet the In-Laws premieres Friday, January 21 at 9:00 p.m., ET/PT and will move to its regular timeslot of Friday nights at 8:30 p.m. ET on Friday, February 4 following sitcom Working Class. Meet the In-Laws follows two lovebirds from differing backgrounds who agree to move in to the home of their fiancée's parents. While there, the son or daughter-in-law must live by the house rules and participate in family activities and meals in an attempt to acclimate to their new family dynamic. Shore adds his comedic flare to the series by delivering his commentary throughout each episode. The series has a 10 episode order.
Viewer favorite My Big Redneck Wedding will return for a fourth season immediately following the premiere of Meet the In-Laws on Friday, January 21 at 9:30 p.m., ET/PT. The show will then move to its regular timeslot of Friday evenings at 9:00 p.m. ET on Friday, February 4 following Working Class and Meet the In-Laws. Comedian Tom Arnold is back to host this all-new season of My Big Redneck Wedding, which follows couples who are not afraid of professing their love to each other in redneck style, with over-the-top, down-home wedding celebrations.
As of November 1, Denver station KCDO (channel 3) is no longer an RTV (Retro Television) affiliate after being one for over a year. We mentioned back in June that they added more classic TV in addition to the RTV programs, but now they are not an RTV station. The good news is that they are still airing classic TV with programming from the 60s-80s. They will have programs from CBS Paramount still and now also Sony Pictures Television, including Hawaii Five-0, Mission: Impossible, The Odd Couple, The Streets of San Francisco, Star Trek, The Monkees, Charlie's Angels, Fantasy Island, Get Smart, The Beverly Hillbillies, and more, all mixed in the schedule with various infomercials and a package of movies. However, over time KCDO hopes to cut back on vintage programming and add more locally produced content, so enjoy this while it lasts.
Thanks to reader Jeff Herman for keeping us updated on this.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.