Wednesday, November 24, 2010
As for the regular schedule, it looks like The Steve Harvey Show is no longer airing on the regular schedule starting next week (Nov. 29). The sitcom was airing weekdays in the 1pm hour, but now at least for next week, we see encores of the new The Steve Harvey Project airing in the hour. The schedule looks like this for series: Miami Vice at 6am, The A-Team at 7am, Soul Train at noon, an encore of The Steve Harvey Project at 1pm, back-to-back The Cosby Show at 2pm, Flick Central Movie at 3, back-to-back The Jamie Foxx Show at 5pm, another encore of The Steve Harvey Project at 6pm, various BET original encores at 7pm, back-to-back The Cosby Show at 8pm, an all-new The Steve Harvey Project at 9pm, back-to-back In Living Color at 10pm, another Soul Train at 11pm, back-to-back The Jamie Foxx Show at 12am, back-to-back The Cosby Show at 1am, back-to-back In Living Color at 2am, Flick Central movie encore at 3am, and The A-Team at 5am.
Stay tuned early tomorrow for tomorrow's blog, as we give you the full rundown of the Thanksgiving marathons on TV this Thanksgiving weekend! Tune in tonight for all-new Thanksgiving episodes of ABC's Laugh on Wednesday (The Middle/Better With You/Modern Family/Cougar Town) starting at 8pm ET/PT!
While we only really report on The Hub's primetime sitcoms (Family Ties, The Wonder Years, Doogie Howser, Happy Days and Laverne & Shirley) and the classic Batman (which all air Mon-Thurs from 8pm-12am), we have some noteworthy updates for you.
Coming to The Hub on Christmas Day (Saturday, Dec. 25) is R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour: The Series, a half-hour, live-action children's anthological storytelling series, featuring the best-selling author of kids horror and the master of scary takes, R.L. Stine (Goosebumps). The series will debut with two new episodes back-to-back, "A Creature Was Stirring" (8 p.m. ET) and "The Dead Body" (8:30 p.m. ET).
Adding to the holiday festivities, The Hub will ring in the New Year (Saturday, Jan. 1) with the premiere of Dan Vs., a new, half-hour animated series featuring Dan, a lovable misanthrope who takes on different adversaries with his pal Chris, on a ceaseless quest for justice in various misadventures. The series premiere will include two new episodes, "New Mexico" (7 p.m. ET) and "The Ninja" (7:30 p.m. ET).
As previously announced, cast for Dan Vs. includes: Curtis Armstrong (Revenge of the Nerds), Dave Foley (The Kids in the Hall), Paget Brewster (Criminal Minds) and Family Ties stars Meredith Baxter & Michael Gross. That's right Baxer and Gross, together again, even if it is animated! You can watch them on Family Ties Mon-Thurs 8-9pm on The Hub.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 23
Kevin Can Wait - "Choke Doubt" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin brags about saving a man from choking after hearing how much attention his brother Kyle is receiving for saving a cat. Adam Ferrara guest stars as Bill, a man Kevin saves from choking, and “The Insider” correspondent Michael Yo guest stars as Tom, a morning show anchor who interviews Kyle.
Man with a Plan - "The Talk" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam and Andi have the dreaded “talk” with Teddy and Kate, their awkward approach makes the kids horribly uncomfortable.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Emergency Contractor" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline get home from their road trip, Caroline discovers she likes the dessert bar renovations as much as she likes Bobby (Christopher Gorham), the contractor on the job. Also, Max rushes to Randy’s side when she hears he’s in the hospital in New York City, and Sophie joins a mommy group that cares more about partying than baby talk.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Conjugal Conjecture" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Sheldon’s mother and Leonard's father share an evening together, everyone deals with an awkward morning the next day. Also, Penny’s family arrives for the wedding ceremony, including her anxiety-ridden mother, Susan (Katey Sagal), and her drug dealing brother, Randall (Jack McBrayer). Dean Norris guest stars as Colonel Williams, an Air Force Representative from the Department of Materiel Command. Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Judd Hirsch and Keith Carradine return.
Monday, January 23
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT, on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Free Agents) - Kathryn will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.