Monday, November 08, 2010
So all of that was for Thanksgiving weekend, but what about Christmas and New Year's? Well we have that for you today! From Monday, Dec. 20 through Friday, Dec. 24, spend Christmas week with Everybody Hates Chris each day that week from 1pm-6pm, preempting regular programming. Then on Christmas Day (Saturday, Dec. 25), spend the holiday with America's favorite family, the Huxtable family, in a marathon of The Cosby Show from 10am-8pm, which includes the two-hour special The Cosby Show: A Look Back at 6pm. The Cosby Show airs regularly on sister network Centric everyday.
And finally, ring in 2011 with a marathon of The Game! The sitcom will air Saturday, Jan. 1 from 9am-1am and continues on Sunday, Jan. 2 from 1pm-11pm! And remember this is a countdown to the new season of The Game, which returns after 2 years on Tuesday, Jan. 11 at 10pm.
NBC has canceled freshman drama Undercovers. As of now, seven episodes have aired, with possibly three more airing until Dec. 1 in its Wednesdays at 8pm timeslot. The series will wrap up production after its 13 episode order is fulfilled. The action-packed spy drama that proves once and for all that marriage is still the world's most dangerous partnership was from J.J. Abrams.
If all three of those scheduled episodes air, that would mean ten episodes will have aired, with three still on the shelf. NBC could burn those three off on Saturdays, like they are right now with the canceled Outlaw. As previously announced, The Sing-Off will air on Dec. 8 and 15 in this timeslot. NBC also announced that two airings of game show Minute to Win It will air in the timeslot on Dec. 22 and 29. NBC has not announced what will actually replace Undercovers, but it should happen on Jan. 5. NBC has plenty of mid-season series to come with dramas The Cape, Love Bites and Harry's Law along with comedies Friends with Benefits, The Paul Reiser Show, and Perfect Couples. NBC also has a new season of comedy Parks and Recreation, new seasons of reality series The Marriage Ref & Who Do You Think You Are and new reality series America's Next Great Restaurant. Perhaps NBC will just stick with Minute to Win It, however in this slot after its Dec. 22 and 29 airings (in addition to its holiday episode airings on Tuesdays at 8 on Dec. 7, 14 and 21). With three new mid-season comedies and a returning comedy to come, perhaps NBC expands its Thursday comedy block until 11pm? Still plenty of updates to come for NBC, as they are still in terrible shape.
Finally, as ABC and NBC are airing holiday themed short series during the month of December (Skating with the Stars for ABC and The Sing-Off & Minute to Win It for NBC), Fox has also announced a four-night event. Million Dollar Money Drop, the ultimate high-stakes game show, created and produced by Endemol, the masterminds behind Deal or No Deal, gives a team $1 million in cold, hard cash and all they have to do to keep it is correctly answer seven multiple-choice questions. Actor and comedian Kevin Pollak will host the suspense-filled game show premiering Monday, Dec. 20 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT and airing on four consecutive nights, Tuesday, Dec. 21 at 9:00 PM ET/PT, Wednesday, Dec. 22 at 9:00 PM ET/PT and Thursday, Dec. 23 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT on Fox. Additional airdates are to be announced (meaning based on if these four episodes do well or not).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, August 28
The Simpsons - "The Burns Cage" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Smithers is devastated by Burns’ lack of affection towards him, Homer makes it his mission to find him a boyfriend. Meanwhile, after Bart orchestrates the removal of the lead in the school’s stage production of “Casablanca,” Milhouse serves as a terrible understudy, which frustrates his co-star, Lisa.
The Simpsons - "Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
A new teacher arrives (guest voice Sofia Vergara) at Springfield Elementary, and a captivated Bart tries everything to win her over. Meanwhile, Homer decides to buy a new brand of “milk,” which causes early puberty, both for Bart (augmenting his wooing powers) and Lisa (whose small bout with acne opens her up to the world of makeup and popularity).
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Oolong Slayer" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When investigating a serial killer, Jake enlists Holt’s help in an attempt to solve the case off the radar. At the precinct, Rosa and Amy are forced to deal with demands from an old adversary and Terry discovers a new obsession.
Family Guy - "The Heartbreak Dog" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Meg begins working at a retirement community and starts stealing from the residents. Then Chris finds out and wants in on the heist. When the residents catch them, they blackmail them and force the thieves to listen to all of their boring stories.
The Last Man on Earth - "Fourth Finger" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
With little else to do, Tandy starts a prank war within the group. Meanwhile Todd establishes his dominance.
Monday, August 29
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Watch Tika on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also talks about Southside with You on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod is a guest on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Walton Goggins (Vice Principals) - Walton appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identiy) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12:05am on BET or on your local stations.
- Chris D'Elia, Ron Funches, Rick Glassman and Brent Morin - The cast of Undateable are guests on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Sally whips up a delicious Pea Pesto & Potatoes with Mario Batali on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie bakes up her Sicilian Love Cake for dessert on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tyler Labine (Deadbeat/Animal Practice/Mad Love/Sons of Tucson) - Tyler talks about Zoom on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril explains the surprising origins of his catchphrase “Bam!” on People Now at 8:30am.