Monday, November 08, 2010
So all of that was for Thanksgiving weekend, but what about Christmas and New Year's? Well we have that for you today! From Monday, Dec. 20 through Friday, Dec. 24, spend Christmas week with Everybody Hates Chris each day that week from 1pm-6pm, preempting regular programming. Then on Christmas Day (Saturday, Dec. 25), spend the holiday with America's favorite family, the Huxtable family, in a marathon of The Cosby Show from 10am-8pm, which includes the two-hour special The Cosby Show: A Look Back at 6pm. The Cosby Show airs regularly on sister network Centric everyday.
And finally, ring in 2011 with a marathon of The Game! The sitcom will air Saturday, Jan. 1 from 9am-1am and continues on Sunday, Jan. 2 from 1pm-11pm! And remember this is a countdown to the new season of The Game, which returns after 2 years on Tuesday, Jan. 11 at 10pm.
NBC has canceled freshman drama Undercovers. As of now, seven episodes have aired, with possibly three more airing until Dec. 1 in its Wednesdays at 8pm timeslot. The series will wrap up production after its 13 episode order is fulfilled. The action-packed spy drama that proves once and for all that marriage is still the world's most dangerous partnership was from J.J. Abrams.
If all three of those scheduled episodes air, that would mean ten episodes will have aired, with three still on the shelf. NBC could burn those three off on Saturdays, like they are right now with the canceled Outlaw. As previously announced, The Sing-Off will air on Dec. 8 and 15 in this timeslot. NBC also announced that two airings of game show Minute to Win It will air in the timeslot on Dec. 22 and 29. NBC has not announced what will actually replace Undercovers, but it should happen on Jan. 5. NBC has plenty of mid-season series to come with dramas The Cape, Love Bites and Harry's Law along with comedies Friends with Benefits, The Paul Reiser Show, and Perfect Couples. NBC also has a new season of comedy Parks and Recreation, new seasons of reality series The Marriage Ref & Who Do You Think You Are and new reality series America's Next Great Restaurant. Perhaps NBC will just stick with Minute to Win It, however in this slot after its Dec. 22 and 29 airings (in addition to its holiday episode airings on Tuesdays at 8 on Dec. 7, 14 and 21). With three new mid-season comedies and a returning comedy to come, perhaps NBC expands its Thursday comedy block until 11pm? Still plenty of updates to come for NBC, as they are still in terrible shape.
Finally, as ABC and NBC are airing holiday themed short series during the month of December (Skating with the Stars for ABC and The Sing-Off & Minute to Win It for NBC), Fox has also announced a four-night event. Million Dollar Money Drop, the ultimate high-stakes game show, created and produced by Endemol, the masterminds behind Deal or No Deal, gives a team $1 million in cold, hard cash and all they have to do to keep it is correctly answer seven multiple-choice questions. Actor and comedian Kevin Pollak will host the suspense-filled game show premiering Monday, Dec. 20 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT and airing on four consecutive nights, Tuesday, Dec. 21 at 9:00 PM ET/PT, Wednesday, Dec. 22 at 9:00 PM ET/PT and Thursday, Dec. 23 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT on Fox. Additional airdates are to be announced (meaning based on if these four episodes do well or not).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (August)
08/04 - The Comeback - The Complete Series
08/04 - I Love Lucy - Ultimate Season 2 (Blu-ray)
08/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - Season Three
08/11 - The Jeffersons - Season Eight
08/11 - Maude - The Complete Second Season
08/11 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fourth Season
08/11 - The Jeff Foxworthy Show - The COmplete Series (Mill Creek)
08/18 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fifth Season
08/18 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Final (Fourth) Season
08/25 - King of the Hill - The Complete 11th Season
08/25 - The Mindy Project - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, August 4
The Last Man on Earth - "Alive in Tucson" / "The Elephant in the Room" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
THE LAST MAN ON EARTH chronicles the life and adventures of an average guy – and humanity’s last hope – who discovers what life is like when no one is telling you what you can and cannot do. The year is 2020, and after a deadly virus has swept the planet, only one man is left on earth: Phil Miller (Forte). He used to be just an average guy who loved his family and hated his job. Now, in his RV, Phil searches the country for other survivors. He has traveled to every city, every town and every outpost in the United States, Mexico and Canada, and has found no one. As he returns to his hometown of Tucson, Phil comes to the realization that he is almost certainly the last living being on the face of the earth. Then, Phil meets Carol, who may be the last woman on earth. At the very least, she’s the most annoying woman on earth. As Phil arrives at the painful realization that the fate of the world rests with them, Carol demands they wed before repopulating the earth.
Clipped - "The Gambler" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
When the guys learn that Buzzy is gambling with the money he'd set aside for his mother's medication, A.J. and Mo decide to lose a poker game to him on purpose, but it isn't as easy to convince Ben to do the right thing. Danni, Charmaine, and Joy make up the Doyle Sisters for a wedding and discuss what makes for a strong marriage, which causes Joy questions her relationship with Bart.
Playing House - "Hello, Old Friend" (USA Network, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Season Premiere)
Maggie, Emma and Charlotte pose for an awkward family picture; Bruce and his mother prepare a traditional family recipe.
Playing House - "Sleepless in Pinebrook" (USA Network, 10:30PM ET/PT)
The Property Brothers make over Maggie's body; Emma creates an online dating profile for Maggie; Bruce and Zach spend time with Charlotte.
Tuesday, August 4
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Catch Mr. Warmth on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Craig Robinson (Mr. Robinson/The Office) - Craig appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC, on the AOL Build Show and on SI Now.
- Michael Ian Black (The Jim Gaffigan Show/Ed) - Michael is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Josh Charles (Sports Night) - Josh visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Denis Leary (Sex&Drugs&Rock&Roll/The Job) - Denis stops by Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ron Funches (Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Tom Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) - Tom will be on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jessica St. Clair (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/In the Motherhood) and Lennon Parham (Playing House/Best Friends Forever/Accidentally on Purpose) - Jessica and Lennon talk about Playing House on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. Jessica will also be on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason talks about the film The End of the Hour on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy talks about how he almost walked away from Hollywood before landing the leading role on his hit sitcom and what really happened at his first shoot with co-star Melissa McCarthy on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Christopher Meloni (Surviving Jack/The Fanelli Boys) - Christopher is a guest on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Tim Bagley (Mr. Robinson/Web Therapy/Will & Grace) - Tim talks about his new series Mr. Robinson on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod appears on the AOL Build Show.
- Brandy Norwood (The Game/Moesha) - Brandy talks about her incognito NYC subway performance and her exciting new role on Broadway's Chicago on a repeat of Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Fuller House/Full House) - Candace talks about her new book Dancing Through Life: Steps of Courage and Conviction on Fox & Friends on Fox News Channel sometime between 6-9am. She also guest co-hosts The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.