Monday, November 08, 2010
So all of that was for Thanksgiving weekend, but what about Christmas and New Year's? Well we have that for you today! From Monday, Dec. 20 through Friday, Dec. 24, spend Christmas week with Everybody Hates Chris each day that week from 1pm-6pm, preempting regular programming. Then on Christmas Day (Saturday, Dec. 25), spend the holiday with America's favorite family, the Huxtable family, in a marathon of The Cosby Show from 10am-8pm, which includes the two-hour special The Cosby Show: A Look Back at 6pm. The Cosby Show airs regularly on sister network Centric everyday.
And finally, ring in 2011 with a marathon of The Game! The sitcom will air Saturday, Jan. 1 from 9am-1am and continues on Sunday, Jan. 2 from 1pm-11pm! And remember this is a countdown to the new season of The Game, which returns after 2 years on Tuesday, Jan. 11 at 10pm.
NBC has canceled freshman drama Undercovers. As of now, seven episodes have aired, with possibly three more airing until Dec. 1 in its Wednesdays at 8pm timeslot. The series will wrap up production after its 13 episode order is fulfilled. The action-packed spy drama that proves once and for all that marriage is still the world's most dangerous partnership was from J.J. Abrams.
If all three of those scheduled episodes air, that would mean ten episodes will have aired, with three still on the shelf. NBC could burn those three off on Saturdays, like they are right now with the canceled Outlaw. As previously announced, The Sing-Off will air on Dec. 8 and 15 in this timeslot. NBC also announced that two airings of game show Minute to Win It will air in the timeslot on Dec. 22 and 29. NBC has not announced what will actually replace Undercovers, but it should happen on Jan. 5. NBC has plenty of mid-season series to come with dramas The Cape, Love Bites and Harry's Law along with comedies Friends with Benefits, The Paul Reiser Show, and Perfect Couples. NBC also has a new season of comedy Parks and Recreation, new seasons of reality series The Marriage Ref & Who Do You Think You Are and new reality series America's Next Great Restaurant. Perhaps NBC will just stick with Minute to Win It, however in this slot after its Dec. 22 and 29 airings (in addition to its holiday episode airings on Tuesdays at 8 on Dec. 7, 14 and 21). With three new mid-season comedies and a returning comedy to come, perhaps NBC expands its Thursday comedy block until 11pm? Still plenty of updates to come for NBC, as they are still in terrible shape.
Finally, as ABC and NBC are airing holiday themed short series during the month of December (Skating with the Stars for ABC and The Sing-Off & Minute to Win It for NBC), Fox has also announced a four-night event. Million Dollar Money Drop, the ultimate high-stakes game show, created and produced by Endemol, the masterminds behind Deal or No Deal, gives a team $1 million in cold, hard cash and all they have to do to keep it is correctly answer seven multiple-choice questions. Actor and comedian Kevin Pollak will host the suspense-filled game show premiering Monday, Dec. 20 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT and airing on four consecutive nights, Tuesday, Dec. 21 at 9:00 PM ET/PT, Wednesday, Dec. 22 at 9:00 PM ET/PT and Thursday, Dec. 23 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT on Fox. Additional airdates are to be announced (meaning based on if these four episodes do well or not).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April)
04/05 - 10 Items or Less - The Complete Series
04/05 - Episodes - The Fourth Season
04/05 - The Odd Couple (2015) - Season One
04/12 - Family Matters - The Complete Sixth Season
04/12 - Grace and Frankie - Season One
04/12 - Welcome to Sweden - The Complete Second Season
04/19 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
04/19 - Veep - The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
04/26 - The Beverly Hillbillies - The Official First Season
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Six
04/26 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series
04/26 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Second Season
04/29 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, April 29
Bunk'd - "Bride and Doom" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The campers learn about the ghost that haunts Kikiwaka; a camp wedding may be the way to rid the camp of her spirit.
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck in the Mother's Day Gift" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Instead of including the rest of her siblings, Harley decides to go solo on her Mother's Day Gift idea.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "It's a Woman's World" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Leslie and Joseph make assumptions about the other's job.
Friday, April 29
- Don Cheadle (House of Lies/The Golden Palace) - Watch Don on repeats of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC and The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Amanda Peet (Togetherness/Bent) - Amanda is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Garry Marshall (Creator of Happy Days/Laverne & Shirley/Mork & Mindy) - Garry talks about Mother's Day on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Nia Long (Uncle Buck/The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Nia talks about Keanu on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Dave Coulier (Fulller House/Full House) - David is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Geena Davis (The Geena Davis Show/Buffalo Bill) - Geena and Susan Sarandon reunite to celebrate the 25th anniversary of Thelma & Louise on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu talks about Changing Normal on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Tia Mowry-Hardict (Instant Mom/The Game/Sister, Sister) - Tia is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Ariana Neal (Nicki) - Ariana appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) and Jason Sudeikis (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Jennifer and Jason talk about Mother's Day on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.