Monday, November 08, 2010
So all of that was for Thanksgiving weekend, but what about Christmas and New Year's? Well we have that for you today! From Monday, Dec. 20 through Friday, Dec. 24, spend Christmas week with Everybody Hates Chris each day that week from 1pm-6pm, preempting regular programming. Then on Christmas Day (Saturday, Dec. 25), spend the holiday with America's favorite family, the Huxtable family, in a marathon of The Cosby Show from 10am-8pm, which includes the two-hour special The Cosby Show: A Look Back at 6pm. The Cosby Show airs regularly on sister network Centric everyday.
And finally, ring in 2011 with a marathon of The Game! The sitcom will air Saturday, Jan. 1 from 9am-1am and continues on Sunday, Jan. 2 from 1pm-11pm! And remember this is a countdown to the new season of The Game, which returns after 2 years on Tuesday, Jan. 11 at 10pm.
NBC has canceled freshman drama Undercovers. As of now, seven episodes have aired, with possibly three more airing until Dec. 1 in its Wednesdays at 8pm timeslot. The series will wrap up production after its 13 episode order is fulfilled. The action-packed spy drama that proves once and for all that marriage is still the world's most dangerous partnership was from J.J. Abrams.
If all three of those scheduled episodes air, that would mean ten episodes will have aired, with three still on the shelf. NBC could burn those three off on Saturdays, like they are right now with the canceled Outlaw. As previously announced, The Sing-Off will air on Dec. 8 and 15 in this timeslot. NBC also announced that two airings of game show Minute to Win It will air in the timeslot on Dec. 22 and 29. NBC has not announced what will actually replace Undercovers, but it should happen on Jan. 5. NBC has plenty of mid-season series to come with dramas The Cape, Love Bites and Harry's Law along with comedies Friends with Benefits, The Paul Reiser Show, and Perfect Couples. NBC also has a new season of comedy Parks and Recreation, new seasons of reality series The Marriage Ref & Who Do You Think You Are and new reality series America's Next Great Restaurant. Perhaps NBC will just stick with Minute to Win It, however in this slot after its Dec. 22 and 29 airings (in addition to its holiday episode airings on Tuesdays at 8 on Dec. 7, 14 and 21). With three new mid-season comedies and a returning comedy to come, perhaps NBC expands its Thursday comedy block until 11pm? Still plenty of updates to come for NBC, as they are still in terrible shape.
Finally, as ABC and NBC are airing holiday themed short series during the month of December (Skating with the Stars for ABC and The Sing-Off & Minute to Win It for NBC), Fox has also announced a four-night event. Million Dollar Money Drop, the ultimate high-stakes game show, created and produced by Endemol, the masterminds behind Deal or No Deal, gives a team $1 million in cold, hard cash and all they have to do to keep it is correctly answer seven multiple-choice questions. Actor and comedian Kevin Pollak will host the suspense-filled game show premiering Monday, Dec. 20 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT and airing on four consecutive nights, Tuesday, Dec. 21 at 9:00 PM ET/PT, Wednesday, Dec. 22 at 9:00 PM ET/PT and Thursday, Dec. 23 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT on Fox. Additional airdates are to be announced (meaning based on if these four episodes do well or not).
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February)
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - Season Five
02/03 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Final (Sixth) Season
02/03 - Maude - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek) / The Complete Series Available 3/17 (Shout! Factory)
02/03 - The Wonder Years - Season Two
02/10 - Mama's Family - The Complete Sixth Season
02/10 - Nurse Jackie - Season Six (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, February 28
Henry Danger - "Caved In" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Henry, Charlotte, and Ray's plans for a day of fun are derailed when Jasper accidentally triggers the emergency lockdown mode for Junk-N-Stuff and the Man Cave, trapping everyone inside.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Piggy, Piggy, Piggy & Dawn" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Dawn wants to change up the Quads' puppet routine for the talent show and finally win first place, but gets frustrated after always being outvoted by her brothers.
Bella and the Bulldogs - "That's My Tri-Five!" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bella encourages Sophie and Pepper to recruit a new girl to fill the void she left behind on the cheerleading squad. Bella begins to question her friendship with the girls when the girls succeed in replacing her all too well.
Saturday, February 28
- John Travolta (Welcome Back, Kotter) - Watch John on a primetime encore of the Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special on ABC at 8pm. Special appearances include Neil Patrick Harris, Mila Kunis, Jennifer Aniston, John Krasinski, J.K. Simmons and Kevin Hart.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Watch Steve on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Aziz drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Joshua Molina (Sports Night) - Joshua appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cathy Ladman (Caroline in the City) - Cathy visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Juliette Lewis (I Married Dora) - Juliette talks about ABC's Secrets & Lies on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Lisa Kudrow (The Comeback/Friends) - Lisa chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on The Better Show, so check your local listings.
- Larry David (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Larry talks about Fish in the Dark on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Alan Alda (M*A*S*H) - Alan appears on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Sean Giambrone (The Goldbergs) - Sean talks about his hit comedy series on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mo'Nique (The Parkers) - Mo'Nique will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.