Tuesday, October 05, 2010
Currently, Will & Grace is airing on cable on Lifetime and come Sept. 2013 Lifetime can still air it, as Logo's four-year deal is not exclusive. We are not sure when Lifetime's contract is up, but they can renew it...so it doesn't mean with it coming to Logo in Sept. 2013 that they won't air it anymore. We'll know I guess closer to the start date on Logo.
Logo airs series such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but this is the first real sitcom they have acquired. Hopefully more will come. Will & Grace takes place in New York City and follows the lives of Will Truman (Eric McCormack), a gay man and mostly-uptight attorney, and his best friend Grace Adler (Debra Messing), a mostly-frantic straight woman who runs her own interior design firm.
Will & Grace stars Emmy® Award-Winners Eric McCormack, Debra Messing, Sean Hayes and Megan Mullally. Notable guest stars in the series include, Woody Harrelson, Harry Connick, Jr., Debbie Reynolds, Geena Davis, Gregory Hines, Bobby Cannavale, Minnie Driver, Cher, Patrick Dempsey, Lily Tomlin, among many others.
ABC has scheduled previous week encores of Grey's Anatomy on Thursdays at 8pm for at least the next two weeks (Nov. 7 and 14). This is happening because ABC pulled freshman drama My Generation after just two airings, as the second episode dropped over 30% to a 1.1 18-49 rating. 8 episodes have been completed for that series, so 6 are left to air. No word if ABC will put it on abc.com or burn them off later in the year. The series joins Fox's Lone Star in the cancelation column.
Back to Thursdays at 8, no word yet on what will be the actual replacement, but it could be reality series Secret Millionaire. At earliest, it would start Oct. 21. It doesn't look like that or upcoming new drama Body of Proof will be used on Fridays as originally planned. The next two Thursdays will have Grey's repeats at 8 leading into a new episode at 9. We'll let you know as soon as we do what will occur after those two weeks. Also, the My Generation pilot was set to repeat this Friday (Oct. 8) at 9pm ET/PT, but now will be replaced by an encore of tonight's episode of No Ordinary Family, which did good for its pilot encore last week. Watch this show...it is fun!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, August 27
Last Man Standing - "The Marriage Doctor" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Mike finds out future son-in-law Kyle fears meeting with the church’s new minister (guest star Bill Engvall), Mike tells Kyle to use him and Vanessa as a strong marriage example. But a recent argument ends up sending them to the minister instead. Meanwhile, Ryan helps Eve with her assignment to debate from the opposite side of her politically conservative beliefs.
Dr. Ken - "Korean Men's Club" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Ken, at the insistence of Allison, reluctantly joins a civics-minded community group – but it may not be what it seems. Randall Park (“Fresh Off the Boat”) guest stars as Gary Chon, the leader of the Korean Men’s Club group.
Saturday, August 27
- Kathy Garver (Family Affair) - Kathy reunites with her former co-star Johnny Whitaker on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Watch Tika on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also talks about Southside with You on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod is a guest on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- Walton Goggins (Vice Principals) - Walton appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Fred Savage (The Grinder/Working/The Wonder Years) - Fred guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identiy) - Jerry is a guest on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12:05am on BET or on your local stations.
- Chris D'Elia, Ron Funches, Rick Glassman and Brent Morin - The cast of Undateable are guests on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Sally Field (Gidget/The Flying Nun) - Sally whips up a delicious Pea Pesto & Potatoes with Mario Batali on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Valerie Bertinelli (Hot in Cleveland/One Day at a Time) - Valerie bakes up her Sicilian Love Cake for dessert on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Tyler Labine (Deadbeat/Animal Practice/Mad Love/Sons of Tucson) - Tyler talks about Zoom on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril explains the surprising origins of his catchphrase “Bam!” on People Now at 8:30am.