Friday, October 22, 2010
Full House Back On Nick at Nite; Me-TV Remembers Billingsley, Bosley; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 25, 2010)
TeenNick will air its last Full House airing this Sunday (Oct. 24) from 6am-9am. Starting Oct. 25, the timeslots will be replaced by an hour each of True Jackson VP, Zoey 101 and Drake & Josh.
It looks like we are not getting any national tribute marathons in memory of Barbara Billingsley or Tom Bosley, but of course Me-TV in Chicago will remember both greats with classic marathons this weekend! Me-TV Chicago is paying tribute to Barbara Billingsley, best known as June Cleaver from Leave it to Beaver, and Tom Bosley, who played Richie's dad Howard Cunningham on Happy Days, with special marathons this weekend.
Tune in this Saturday from 1-7 PM CT for "A Tribute to Barbara Billingsley" with select episodes of Leave it to Beaver. On Sunday from 1-7PM CT, Me-TV will air "A Tribute to Tom Bosley" with a Happy Days marathon.
Leave it to Beaver episodes airing are: "Ward's Baseball," "Wally and Dudley," "In the Soup," "Beaver's Long Night," "Lumpy's Car Trouble," "Wally's License," "Beaver, the Hero," "The Party Spoiler," "More Blessed to Give," "The Credit Card," "Lumpy's Scholarship" and "Family Scrapbook."
Happy Days episodes airing are: "Hardware Jungle," "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do," "Be the First On Your Block," "Richie's Car," "Howard's 45th Fiasco," "Marion Rebels," "Grandpa's Visit," "Richie Almost Dies," "Fonzie for the Defense," "Married Strangers," "The Hucksters" and "Father and Son."
Barbara Billingsley died on Saturday, October 16 and Tom Bosley died on Tuesday, October 19. Me-TV Chicago is on Comcast 223 in Chicago, RCN 14, WOW 17 (city), WOW 19 (suburbs), AT&T U-verse 23, DIRECTV 23 and Dish Network 23, all in the Chicago area only.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Oct. 25-29, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, October 25, 2010
- Molly Shannon (Kath & Kim/SNL) - Catch Molly on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC at 12:37am.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - Catch John on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am on ABC.
- Danny DeVito (Taxi/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Watch Danny on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Michael J. Fox (Family Ties/Spin City) - Catch Michael on The TODAY Show on NBC sometime between 7-9am.
- Judith Light (Who's the Boss?/Ugly Betty) - Catch Judith also on the TODAY Show on NBC.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - Catch the legendary star on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC at 12:06am.
- Paul Reiser (Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Catch Paul on Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, so check your listings for time.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Watch Jon on Lopez Tonight on TBS at 11pm.
- Debbie Allen (A Different World) -Watch Debbie on The Mo'nique Show at 11pm on BET.
- Sherri Shepherd (Sherri/Less than Perfect) - Catch Sherri on an all-new Joy Behar Show at 9pm on HLN.
- Michael J. Fox (Family Ties/Spin City) - Catch Michael on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - Catch the funnymany on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason appears on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brandy (Moesha/Thea) - Catch Brandy on The Talk at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT on CBS.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock/SNL) - Catch Tina on The TODAY Show on NBC sometime between 7-9am.
SITCOMS AIRING TONIGHT (May 19)
The Cleveland Show - "Crazy Train / Wheel! of! Family!" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
After Freight Train (guest voice Craig Robinson) unexpectedly invites Cleveland to an upcoming lowrider convention, Dr. Fist (guest voice Bryan Cranston) reveals that Freight Train’s surprising amiability might be the result of dementia. Then, Cleveland and Donna become overwhelmed with the kids’ hectic schedules.
The Simpsons - "The Saga of Carl / Dangers on a Train" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
Homer, Moe, Lenny and Carl win $200,000 in the Springfield Lottery. But when Carl takes off to Iceland – his homeland – with all the winnings, the guys embark on a Nordic adventure to get the cash back. Then, Marge mistakes a swinging Ashley Madison-type website for a Dolly Madison-type cupcake site, not realizing it’s a destination for married people seeking liaisons. On the site, she meets the charming “Ben” (guest voice MacFarlane), who pursues her after they learn they share a love for a “Downton Abbey”-type TV series.
Family Guy - "Road to Vegas / No Country Club for Old Men" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
Stewie and Brian use Stewie’s time machine to go to Las Vegas for a Bette Midler concert, but chaos ensues when the machine malfunctions and creates alt-versions of the pair: a “lucky” version and an “unlucky” one. Then, the Griffins are invited to join the prestigious Barrington Country Club and, of course, get thrown out.
Good Luck Charlie - "Go Teddy!" (Disney Channel, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After learning the big cheer competition will be held in Hawaii, Teddy decides to join Kelsey on the cheerleading squad; Teddy bombs her cheer tryout and has to beg the coach to give her another chance; Amy asks Gabe and PJ to take Toby to park.
Austin & Ally - "Spas & Spices" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Trish gets a job at a spa and invites Ally for some treatments before an upcoming photo shoot; Austin agrees to pick up Ally's necklace for her, but things go awry when he drops it in a pot of chili that Dez is entering in a chili cook-off.
Veep - "Andrew" (HBO, 10:00PM ET/PT)
An allergic reaction shuts down budget negotiations; Amy and Gary worry about Selina seeing her ex-husband; Mike fields press inquiries.
Family Tree - "Treading the Boards" (HBO, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Tom and Pete learn about Harry's life from men at a regional theater.