Friday, October 22, 2010
Full House Back On Nick at Nite; Me-TV Remembers Billingsley, Bosley; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 25, 2010)
TeenNick will air its last Full House airing this Sunday (Oct. 24) from 6am-9am. Starting Oct. 25, the timeslots will be replaced by an hour each of True Jackson VP, Zoey 101 and Drake & Josh.
It looks like we are not getting any national tribute marathons in memory of Barbara Billingsley or Tom Bosley, but of course Me-TV in Chicago will remember both greats with classic marathons this weekend! Me-TV Chicago is paying tribute to Barbara Billingsley, best known as June Cleaver from Leave it to Beaver, and Tom Bosley, who played Richie's dad Howard Cunningham on Happy Days, with special marathons this weekend.
Tune in this Saturday from 1-7 PM CT for "A Tribute to Barbara Billingsley" with select episodes of Leave it to Beaver. On Sunday from 1-7PM CT, Me-TV will air "A Tribute to Tom Bosley" with a Happy Days marathon.
Leave it to Beaver episodes airing are: "Ward's Baseball," "Wally and Dudley," "In the Soup," "Beaver's Long Night," "Lumpy's Car Trouble," "Wally's License," "Beaver, the Hero," "The Party Spoiler," "More Blessed to Give," "The Credit Card," "Lumpy's Scholarship" and "Family Scrapbook."
Happy Days episodes airing are: "Hardware Jungle," "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do," "Be the First On Your Block," "Richie's Car," "Howard's 45th Fiasco," "Marion Rebels," "Grandpa's Visit," "Richie Almost Dies," "Fonzie for the Defense," "Married Strangers," "The Hucksters" and "Father and Son."
Barbara Billingsley died on Saturday, October 16 and Tom Bosley died on Tuesday, October 19. Me-TV Chicago is on Comcast 223 in Chicago, RCN 14, WOW 17 (city), WOW 19 (suburbs), AT&T U-verse 23, DIRECTV 23 and Dish Network 23, all in the Chicago area only.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Oct. 25-29, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, October 25, 2010
- Molly Shannon (Kath & Kim/SNL) - Catch Molly on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC at 12:37am.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - Catch John on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am on ABC.
- Danny DeVito (Taxi/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Watch Danny on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Michael J. Fox (Family Ties/Spin City) - Catch Michael on The TODAY Show on NBC sometime between 7-9am.
- Judith Light (Who's the Boss?/Ugly Betty) - Catch Judith also on the TODAY Show on NBC.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - Catch the legendary star on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC at 12:06am.
- Paul Reiser (Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Catch Paul on Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, so check your listings for time.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Watch Jon on Lopez Tonight on TBS at 11pm.
- Debbie Allen (A Different World) -Watch Debbie on The Mo'nique Show at 11pm on BET.
- Sherri Shepherd (Sherri/Less than Perfect) - Catch Sherri on an all-new Joy Behar Show at 9pm on HLN.
- Michael J. Fox (Family Ties/Spin City) - Catch Michael on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - Catch the funnymany on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason appears on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brandy (Moesha/Thea) - Catch Brandy on The Talk at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT on CBS.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock/SNL) - Catch Tina on The TODAY Show on NBC sometime between 7-9am.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, November 25
The Middle - "Thanksgiving VI" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
The Hecks agree to forgo Thanksgiving after Frankie finds out that she’s out of a job until January and must pick up a holiday position, which requires her to work on Thanksgiving in order to make ends meet. Much to her dismay, she ends up once again having to portray an overworked 19th century woman back at Heritage Village during the Harvest Feast and finds herself going face-to-face with Sheila (Faith Ford), a woman who definitely takes her job too seriously. Meanwhile, Sue goes back to work at Spudsy’s over her holiday break in the hopes that she’ll once again run into Logan – the dreamy Abercrombie guy, Axl finds himself in foreign territory when he starts becoming emotional over how his life has turned out, and Mike and Brick find themselves needing to find a bonding experience when the electricity goes out at the house and they are forced to interact with each other.
The Goldbergs - "A Goldberg Thanksgiving" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
As a bet, Beverly challenges Erica to participate in Jazzercise after she thinks her mom’s obsession is lame. When she wins, Erica decides to opt out of celebrating Thanksgiving, so Beverly must find a way to win her daughter back to celebrate the holiday with the family. Meanwhile, uncle Marvin shows up for his annual visit to the Goldberg home and unexpectedly bonds with Adam, which annoys Murray.
Modern Family - "Three Turkeys" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Phil is cooking Thanksgiving dinner this year with Luke as his sous chef, and Claire has no confidence in them and prepares a secret turkey of her own as backup. Meanwhile, Jay and Gloria had plans to spend the holiday away, but when the trip gets canceled last minute, they decide not to tell anyone, which quickly becomes the worst idea ever since the family dinner gets suddenly moved to their house, and it turns into a mad scramble to cover their tracks. And Mitch is tired of always being the bad cop, so when Lily refuses to wear a nice dress to dinner, he forces Cameron to deal with it, and he comes up with a very unconventional approach.
black-ish - "30 Something" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Things begin to fall apart, in more ways than one, when Dre hurts himself playing basketball right before his 40th birthday. He hands the planning of his big party over to his much younger, hipper assistant, fearing he really is getting too old to be cool. Bow and Ruby face off over who can get Dre the best gift, and the kids try to figure out what to give their dad for his special day.
Talia in the Kitchen - "After the Storm" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Will steals Talia's spices, she hides from the hurricane.until a mysterious boy discovers her.
Wednesday, November 25
- Nathan Lane (Encore! Encore!/Charlie Lawrence) - Watch Nathan on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jay Duplass (Togetherness/Transparent) - Jay appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Vanessa Lachey (Truth Be Told/Dads) - Vanessa and FABLife stylists put audience members to the test with a Thanksgiving preparation trivia challenge and turkey bowling competition for prizes on FABLife, so check your local listings.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo talks about the fight against cancer in children and her Thanksgiving tribute to her dear friend Robin Williams on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Greg Evigan (My Two Dads) - Greg and his daughter Briana talk about the new Hallmark Channel original movie Once Upon a Holiday on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John O'Hurley (Seinfeld/The Mullets) - John talks about The National Dog Show on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo appears on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly talk about starring in the upcoming holiday movie Angel of Christmas on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Candace Cameron Bure (Full House) - Candace is tentatively scheduled to appear on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Maura Tierney (NewsRadio) - Maura appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.