Friday, October 22, 2010
Full House Back On Nick at Nite; Me-TV Remembers Billingsley, Bosley; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of October 25, 2010)
TeenNick will air its last Full House airing this Sunday (Oct. 24) from 6am-9am. Starting Oct. 25, the timeslots will be replaced by an hour each of True Jackson VP, Zoey 101 and Drake & Josh.
It looks like we are not getting any national tribute marathons in memory of Barbara Billingsley or Tom Bosley, but of course Me-TV in Chicago will remember both greats with classic marathons this weekend! Me-TV Chicago is paying tribute to Barbara Billingsley, best known as June Cleaver from Leave it to Beaver, and Tom Bosley, who played Richie's dad Howard Cunningham on Happy Days, with special marathons this weekend.
Tune in this Saturday from 1-7 PM CT for "A Tribute to Barbara Billingsley" with select episodes of Leave it to Beaver. On Sunday from 1-7PM CT, Me-TV will air "A Tribute to Tom Bosley" with a Happy Days marathon.
Leave it to Beaver episodes airing are: "Ward's Baseball," "Wally and Dudley," "In the Soup," "Beaver's Long Night," "Lumpy's Car Trouble," "Wally's License," "Beaver, the Hero," "The Party Spoiler," "More Blessed to Give," "The Credit Card," "Lumpy's Scholarship" and "Family Scrapbook."
Happy Days episodes airing are: "Hardware Jungle," "Breaking Up Is Hard To Do," "Be the First On Your Block," "Richie's Car," "Howard's 45th Fiasco," "Marion Rebels," "Grandpa's Visit," "Richie Almost Dies," "Fonzie for the Defense," "Married Strangers," "The Hucksters" and "Father and Son."
Barbara Billingsley died on Saturday, October 16 and Tom Bosley died on Tuesday, October 19. Me-TV Chicago is on Comcast 223 in Chicago, RCN 14, WOW 17 (city), WOW 19 (suburbs), AT&T U-verse 23, DIRECTV 23 and Dish Network 23, all in the Chicago area only.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of Oct. 25-29, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, October 25, 2010
- Molly Shannon (Kath & Kim/SNL) - Catch Molly on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC at 12:37am.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - Catch John on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am on ABC.
- Danny DeVito (Taxi/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Watch Danny on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Michael J. Fox (Family Ties/Spin City) - Catch Michael on The TODAY Show on NBC sometime between 7-9am.
- Judith Light (Who's the Boss?/Ugly Betty) - Catch Judith also on the TODAY Show on NBC.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - Catch the legendary star on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC at 12:06am.
- Paul Reiser (Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Catch Paul on Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, so check your listings for time.
- Jon Cryer (Two and a Half Men) - Watch Jon on Lopez Tonight on TBS at 11pm.
- Debbie Allen (A Different World) -Watch Debbie on The Mo'nique Show at 11pm on BET.
- Sherri Shepherd (Sherri/Less than Perfect) - Catch Sherri on an all-new Joy Behar Show at 9pm on HLN.
- Michael J. Fox (Family Ties/Spin City) - Catch Michael on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - Catch the funnymany on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason appears on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Brandy (Moesha/Thea) - Catch Brandy on The Talk at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT on CBS.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock/SNL) - Catch Tina on The TODAY Show on NBC sometime between 7-9am.
The Goldbergs - "Lame Gretzky" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Even though he is terrible, Adam tries his best at ice hockey and hopes to impress Murray. Likewise, Murray works hard to show he enjoys watching Adam make home movies. Later, after starting a fight on the ice during a game, Adam gets suspended from playing hockey and admits to Murray his real intentions. Meanwhile, Beverly drives Erica crazy about her S.A.T.s.
Trophy Wife - "The Wedding - Part One" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Kate finds Pete’s old wedding videos with Diane and Jackie, she realizes she robbed herself of that special memory by eloping and is now determined to have a redo and plans her dream wedding. Meanwhile, Diane decides to take her relationship with Russ Bradley Morrison public and Jackie struggles to tell Bert she’s dating Sad Steve. A star-studded episode with Megan Mullally (“Will & Grace”), Dennis Haysbert (“24”), and Nat Faxon (“Ben and Kate”) guest starring.
New Girl - "Fired Up" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jess hires, then must immediately fire Coach as her school's new volleyball coach. Meanwhile, Schmidt gets sued and enlists Nick and a procedural television-loving Winston to represent him at the deposition. Also, Cece catches the eye of a much younger man.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Nancy Brugdom" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Charles asks Jake to be the best man at his wedding, a role that requires Jake to be supportive in important wedding decisions, ranging from cake tasting to floral arrangements. Meanwhile, Terry, Amy and Gina support each other as they start a new extreme diet and Holt helps Rosa make a sincere apology.
About a Boy - "About a Grandfather" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Will (David Walton) attempts a much-needed boy’s night out with Andy (Al Madrigal), but complications arise, leaving Will to reach out to Marcus (Benjamin Stockham) in hopes of salvaging the evening. When Andy later becomes available, he attempts to track down Will, but instead winds up bonding over the joys of parenting with Fiona (Minnie Driver). Meanwhile, Andy and his reluctant wife Laurie (guest star Annie Mumolo) solicit Will to be godfather to their son Jonah.
Growing Up Fisher - "The Date From Hell-nado" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Father and son, Mel (J.K. Simmons) and Henry (Eli Baker), push each other to ask out women in their building, only to discover the women they’re pursuing are mother and daughter (guest stars Constance Zimmer and Isabela Moner). Meanwhile, Joyce (Jenna Elfman), lost at sea on her first date since the separation, panics and crashes Katie’s (Ava Deluca-Verley) date at a carnival, resulting in an impromptu mother-daughter double date.
Cougar Town - "Too Good to Be True" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Travis starts an open mic night at Coffee Bucks, but things go awry when Andy tries to do stand-up comedy. Tom's daughter, Haylee (guest star Julianna Guill), comes to visit, and Grayson and Jules decide to play along when they discover that Tom's been lying to Haylee in order to make himself sound cool.
The Game - "Rules of the Street" (BET, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Malik undergoes therapy for his injured arm; Tasha faces a difficult decision as she approaches her first trimester.
Let's Stay Together - "Date My Wife, Please" (BET, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Charles encourages Stacy to go out with Dr. Sutton; Jamal and Tasha try to get the twins into a prestigious pre-school.
Tuesday, March 11
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Catch Jason on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Lance Gross (Tyler Perry's House of Payne) - Lance appears on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristen Schaal (Bob's Burgers/Flight of the Conchords) - Kristen visits The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Weeds) - Kevin stops by The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Jennie discusses her new book, Deep Thoughts from a Hollywood Blonde, on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.