Sunday, September 12, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Week 14, week of Aug. 30-Sept. 5)
- The Simpsons (Fox) 2 episodes - A repeat did 3.54 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating at 8pm, bit lower than usual due to Labor Day weekend. A 7:30pm repeat led into the 8pm repeat doing 2.61 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - 3.28 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8:30, down some from usual due to the holiday weekend.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 episodes - Two repeats did 3.77/4.06 million and a 1.7/1.8 18-49 rating...also down from normal summer numbers.
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did just 2.15 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating. The regular 9:30pm airing is not airing currently.
Tonight you can watch encores of Fox's animated comedies from 8-10 tonight following NFL coverage. ABC airs repeats of two episodes of America's Funniest Home Videos and one Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Then it will be an all-new The Gates at 10pm. NBC will air the season premiere of Football Night in America followed by the first Sunday night NFL game of the season between the Cowboys and Redskins. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by Sunday edition of Big Brother 12 and then repeats from 9-11 with Undercover Boss at 9 and CSI: Miami at 10.
Coming Week Preview (Sept. 13-18):
For Monday, on ABC, it's the season finale of steady performer The Bachelor Pad from 8-10pm with hosts Chris Harrison and Melissa Rycroft and the season finale of Dating in the Dark at 10pm. NBC will have a repeat of America's Got Talent from 8-10 followed by a new Dateline at 10. On Fox, Lie to Me is all-new on its time of 9pm right after a House repeat. CBS is in repeats with their comedies and CSI: Miami while The CW has season premieres of 90210 and Gossip Girl from 8-10.
On Tuesday, ABC will have a two episode season finale of Wipeout from 8-10pm and the special Last Witness at 10. NBC has a new Minute to Win It at 8, then the penultimate episode of America's Got Talent at 9, leading into the season premiere of Parenthood at 10. Fox is in repeats with two Glee repeats. The CW has the season premieres of One Tree Hill and Life Unexpected. And once again CBS is in repeats with their regular Tuesday, but 10pm will have the special Fashion's Night Out 2010. Cable is good on Tuesdays too with a new episode of the multi-camera sitcom Melissa & Joey at 8 on ABC Family and the two-episode season finale of spy drama Covert Affairs starring the sexy Piper Perabo on USA Network from 9-11pm.
On Wednesday, Fox has the two-hour season finale of MasterChef from 8-10. NBC has the two-hour season finale of America's Got Talent from 8-10 followed by the series preview of upcoming Friday drama Outlaw at 10. ABC has repeats of the comedies and Castle Wednesday at 10pm. CBS will have the season premiere of Survivor: Nicaragua at 8 leading into the two-hour finale of Big Brother 12 from 9-11. The CW has an all-new episode of reality series America's Next Top Model at 8pm followed by week two for drama Hellcats at 9.
On Thursday, ABC will have a special Thursday repeat of Wipeout followed by the thrilling two-hour season finale repeat of Grey's Anatomy from 9-11pm. Fox will have a two-hour repeat of Fringe. CBS has a mini-marathon of encores of The Big Bang Theory from 8-10pm, followed by the normal The Mentalist repeat. NBC has two repeats of The Office from 8-9 then the two-hour season premiere of The Apprentice at 10. And The CW has an all-new Vampire Diaries at 8 leading into episode two of Nikita at 9.
On Friday, ABC has a repeat of Wife Swap at 8, followed by a repeat of ratings hit Primetime: What Would You Do? at 9pm, followed by a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has a two-hour Dateline from 8-10 followed the Friday premiere of new drama Outlaw at 10, which will be the pilot episode that aired Wednesday. CBS will have repeats of Medium and CSI: NY leading into the finale of Flashpoint at 10. Fox has repeats of Human Target & The Good Guys. The CW will have encores of Hellcats and Nikita.
On Saturday, its slow as usual. CBS has a crime repeat leading into two new hours of 48 Hours Mystery from 9-11. Fox will have its usual crime reality with Cops and AMW. ABC has Saturday Night College Football coverage. NBC has an encore of The Apprentice from 8-10 and then a repeat of Parenthood.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.