Sunday, September 12, 2010
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Week 14, week of Aug. 30-Sept. 5)
- The Simpsons (Fox) 2 episodes - A repeat did 3.54 million and a 1.5 18-49 rating at 8pm, bit lower than usual due to Labor Day weekend. A 7:30pm repeat led into the 8pm repeat doing 2.61 million and a 1.0 18-49 rating.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - 3.28 million and a 1.4 18-49 rating for a repeat at 8:30, down some from usual due to the holiday weekend.
- Family Guy (Fox) 2 episodes - Two repeats did 3.77/4.06 million and a 1.7/1.8 18-49 rating...also down from normal summer numbers.
- American Dad! (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm did just 2.15 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating. The regular 9:30pm airing is not airing currently.
Tonight you can watch encores of Fox's animated comedies from 8-10 tonight following NFL coverage. ABC airs repeats of two episodes of America's Funniest Home Videos and one Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Then it will be an all-new The Gates at 10pm. NBC will air the season premiere of Football Night in America followed by the first Sunday night NFL game of the season between the Cowboys and Redskins. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by Sunday edition of Big Brother 12 and then repeats from 9-11 with Undercover Boss at 9 and CSI: Miami at 10.
Coming Week Preview (Sept. 13-18):
For Monday, on ABC, it's the season finale of steady performer The Bachelor Pad from 8-10pm with hosts Chris Harrison and Melissa Rycroft and the season finale of Dating in the Dark at 10pm. NBC will have a repeat of America's Got Talent from 8-10 followed by a new Dateline at 10. On Fox, Lie to Me is all-new on its time of 9pm right after a House repeat. CBS is in repeats with their comedies and CSI: Miami while The CW has season premieres of 90210 and Gossip Girl from 8-10.
On Tuesday, ABC will have a two episode season finale of Wipeout from 8-10pm and the special Last Witness at 10. NBC has a new Minute to Win It at 8, then the penultimate episode of America's Got Talent at 9, leading into the season premiere of Parenthood at 10. Fox is in repeats with two Glee repeats. The CW has the season premieres of One Tree Hill and Life Unexpected. And once again CBS is in repeats with their regular Tuesday, but 10pm will have the special Fashion's Night Out 2010. Cable is good on Tuesdays too with a new episode of the multi-camera sitcom Melissa & Joey at 8 on ABC Family and the two-episode season finale of spy drama Covert Affairs starring the sexy Piper Perabo on USA Network from 9-11pm.
On Wednesday, Fox has the two-hour season finale of MasterChef from 8-10. NBC has the two-hour season finale of America's Got Talent from 8-10 followed by the series preview of upcoming Friday drama Outlaw at 10. ABC has repeats of the comedies and Castle Wednesday at 10pm. CBS will have the season premiere of Survivor: Nicaragua at 8 leading into the two-hour finale of Big Brother 12 from 9-11. The CW has an all-new episode of reality series America's Next Top Model at 8pm followed by week two for drama Hellcats at 9.
On Thursday, ABC will have a special Thursday repeat of Wipeout followed by the thrilling two-hour season finale repeat of Grey's Anatomy from 9-11pm. Fox will have a two-hour repeat of Fringe. CBS has a mini-marathon of encores of The Big Bang Theory from 8-10pm, followed by the normal The Mentalist repeat. NBC has two repeats of The Office from 8-9 then the two-hour season premiere of The Apprentice at 10. And The CW has an all-new Vampire Diaries at 8 leading into episode two of Nikita at 9.
On Friday, ABC has a repeat of Wife Swap at 8, followed by a repeat of ratings hit Primetime: What Would You Do? at 9pm, followed by a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has a two-hour Dateline from 8-10 followed the Friday premiere of new drama Outlaw at 10, which will be the pilot episode that aired Wednesday. CBS will have repeats of Medium and CSI: NY leading into the finale of Flashpoint at 10. Fox has repeats of Human Target & The Good Guys. The CW will have encores of Hellcats and Nikita.
On Saturday, its slow as usual. CBS has a crime repeat leading into two new hours of 48 Hours Mystery from 9-11. Fox will have its usual crime reality with Cops and AMW. ABC has Saturday Night College Football coverage. NBC has an encore of The Apprentice from 8-10 and then a repeat of Parenthood.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.