Monday, August 16, 2010
Nick at Nite Fall 2010 Schedule Has My Wife & Kids; TVLand.com Has Best Month Ever, While They Test The Nanny Overnight for 5 Days
As for the rest of the regular schedule, the question was if The Nanny will still remain on Nick at Nite since it started airing on sister network TV Land in August. The answer is, yes, The Nanny will be on both networks...but they will not overlap. The Nanny will remain in its 11pm hour every night on Nick at Nite, with another hour in late night at 4am. The Nanny is slated to air on TV Land in September weeknights in the 8pm hour and 1am hour (and weekends from 1:30am-3:30am), so it is not against Nick at Nite. The rest of the Nick at Nite schedule still has Everybody Hates Chris at 9 and George Lopez at 10, but Malcolm in the Middle will now be at 12am. An encore of George Lopez remains in the 1am hour leading into My Wife & Kids at 2 (1am hour on weekends will be The Nanny, though). In the 3am hour, it's another hour of Everybody Hates Chris leading into the aforementioned hour of The Nanny at 4am. This means Family Matters will now be early mornings only from 5am-7am. every morning.
It's a pretty straight forward schedule and the flow is very good, I think, with mostly every slot scheduled for 7 days a week. As you know, The Cosby Show's contract with TV Land/Nick at Nite is expiring, so it will be off the line-up. As we mentioned, WGN America will also lose the series come September, but another network has picked it up and we will announce that soon! Glenn Martin, DDS will start its second season in September as well, airing Friday nights at 10:30pm! More info on that will come soon.
For now, view the Nick at Nite Fall 2010 schedule and highlights. And stay tuned tomorrow for another all-new cable fall schedule!
June 2010 was a record-breaking month for TVLand.com as it witnessed the best month ever in the site's history! Fueled by the premiere of TV Land's new original sitcom Hot in Cleveland on June 16, TVLand.com doubled its prior month's audience and saw a 62% increase versus last year. The site offered exclusive and hilarious multi-media content featuring the sitcom's stars Valerie Bertinelli, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick and Betty White as well as behind-the-scenes set tours, video interviews, character bios, cast and episode photo galleries and much more.
Additionally, June 16 also marked the site's re-launch with a new look and feel. On that day, TVLand.com experienced its most-visited day ever for the site – more than twice its prior record for unique visitors. Video content from Hot in Cleveland resulted in TVLand.com streaming almost 8 million videos in June – double-digit increases versus May 2010 and last year's consumption level. TVLand.com generated 923K (source: comScore Media Metrix) unique visitors for the month of June 2010, which was up 108% versus May 2010 and 62% versus year-ago levels making it the best month ever for the site.
In other TV Land news, they will be airing five nights of The Nanny in late night to test the waters I guess. Saturday, August 21 and Sunday, August 22, 2010 from 3:30am-6am (in addition to the regular 1:30am-3:30am airings) and Monday, August 23; Tuesday, August 24 and Wednesday, August 25, 2010 from 2am-6am (in addition to the regular 1-2am airings). The Nanny regularly airs on TV Land weeknights 8-9pm & 1-2am and weekends from 1:30am-3:30am.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.