Tuesday, August 03, 2010
CTS's fall 2010 line-up starts September 6 and will have the return of sitcoms! Last fall they only had one sitcom -- Family Matters. CTS will add Full House to the schedule every weeknight at 7pm starting September 6 leading into a comedy wheel at 7:30pm with Family Ties on Mondays, The Wonder Years on Tuesdays, Happy Days on Wednesdays, Gilligan's Island on Thursdays, and The Brady Bunch on Fridays. At 8pm every weeknight will now have The Cosby Show which will lead into another comedy wheel at 8:30pm with The Nanny on Mondays, Mad About You on Tuesdays, Laverne & Shirley on Wednesdays, The Hogan Family on Thursdays, and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air on Fridays. Wow! Nice to see sitcoms return! Drama wise, The Waltons and 7th Heaven return airing weekdays at 4pm & 5pm leading into The Michael Coren Show at 6. Leaving the line-up are Little House on the Prairie and Father Dowling Mysteries. This schedule is for all three CTS stations in Calgary, Edmonton and Ontario. The rest of the line-up is filled with originals, religious and ministry programming.
Next up we have DejaView's Fall 2010 schedule. DejaView will have series such as Hawaii Five-0, The Golden Girls, Designing Women, and Barney Miller starting Monday, August 30. Missing from the fall schedule are Silver Spoons, Cosby Show, One Day at a Time, Facts of Life, Saved by the Bell, and The Rockford Files. However, DejaView staples Three's Company, All in the Family, Who's the Boss?, Roseanne, Coach will remain.
Then we have the TVtropolis Fall 2010 Schedule. TVtropolis of course was known as PRIME previously. Their line-up features a mix of sitcoms, game shows, reality series, and more. They are a sister station to DejaView. Coming to the network this fall are Grace Under Fire, The Nanny, Just Shoot Me!and The Golden Girls. Mainstays That '70s Show, Frasier, Family Guy, Friends, and King of Queens remain, but Seinfeld, Married with Children, and Everybody Loves Raymond are off the line-up.
We don't have the SUN TV Fall 2010 schedule yet, but SUN TV currently airs My Secret Identity, Caroline in the City, Dear John, Taxi, Dave's World, Old Christine, George Lopez, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Super Dave and Jimmy Kimmel Live. View SUN TV's current schedule and we hope to have the Fall 2010 schedule posted on our message board shortly.
TV Land Canada is now no more and has turned into Comedy Gold! The network launched yesterday (Aug. 2) and have a good mix of American and Canadian comedies. Some shows from TV Land Canada will migrate over to Comedy Gold, including Canadian comedy The Red Green Show. Orher Canadian comedies airing are Bizzare and Ready Or Not. Migrating over to Comedy Gold are also a few TV Land Canada mainstays, such as The Andy Griffith Show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and The Phil Silvers Show. Joining the schedule will be Full House, Designing Women, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Newhart, The Bob Newhart Show, and Murphy Brown.
View the full Comedy Gold Fall 2010 Schedule.
Finally, when we get the SUN TV Fall 2010 schedule and the Teletoon Retro schedule it will be posted on our message board with the help of members like Sal from Canada. So keep checking that thread and feel free to discuss and look at other Canadian fall schedules there (like CTV and CITY-TV)!
Moving on, we have coverage of the TCA Summer 2010 Press Tour and today cable network FX has its own day. The other cable networks will not get an entire day like this as they go on Aug. 6-7, but FX gets their own day. First up was the executive session with John Landgraf, President & GM of FX Network. He announced that they are picking up original comedy Louie for a 2nd season of 13 episodes. It will be returning at its same night and time next season. Landgraf said that he hopes to have six to eight different original comedies on the air annually in the near future. John on Damages leaving FX: "The season that just aired is the last season that will air on FX. We are co-producers. DirecTV was willing to underwrite it, but they wanted it exclusively. It was the best and only way for Damages to move forward." New dramas to premiere are Terriers and Lights Out. FX has done well with four new series this year: The League, Archer, Justified, and Louie. DVR ratings have been great for Louie and lifted the series 66% from its live ratings in week four. However, John says "I think anybody who sits in this chair as an exec who tells you that they wish the DVR had never been invented is lying. As a consumer, I love it. We lose up to 25% of the saleable audience of our shows." View live coverage from Mike of TVTango.com and feel free to ask questions!
Then it was show panels. Dramas were in the morning. First up was Sons of Anarchy. On hand were Kurt Sutter, Charlie Hunnam, Ron Perlman, Katey Sagal, Maggie Siff, Mark Boone Jr., Theo Rossi and Dayton Callie. Then a panel for the upcoming new fall drama Terriers was next. Immediately following that panel was new mid-season drama Lights Out. Then it was off to lunch before comedies took over. The first comedy panel was It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Then we had panels each for The League and Archer. Weird that drama Justified and comedy Louie didn't get a panel.
Last week we gave you FX's Fall 2010 schedule, so if you have not seen that yet please do so!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 26
The Simpsons - "Dad Behavior" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer finds a new app that makes his life much easier and outsources his father-son bonding. Meanwhile, Grampa finds that he is about to be a father again.
Bob's Burgers - "Aquaticism" / "Ain't Miss Debatin'" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher children devise a scheme to keep it running. Meanwhile, Bob realizes that he could learn a thing or two from Linda’s customer service skills. Then, when Tina is recruited by the debate team, she finds unexpected success and an even more unexpected relationship. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to help fund a stop-motion movie focusing on a surprising subject matter.
Making History - "Chadwick's Angels" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In need of a victory, the trio heads back to the 1990s to give Dan another shot at his childhood dream: finishing the infamous “Bellybuster” ice cream sundae at a local parlor. As Deb bonds with the parlor’s owner, Chris is on a mission to save a life in honor of his late British friend. But all of their plans are derailed when Dan runs into the bully that tormented him.
Family Guy - "Peter's Lost Youth" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter gets jealous of Lois when she upstages him at a Red Sox fantasy baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home when Meg is left to babysit him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Find This Thing We Need To" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol makes a big discovery, enlisting Tandy and Erica to help her track down some answers. Meanwhile, Todd has a major breakthrough with Melissa.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.