Tuesday, August 03, 2010
CTS's fall 2010 line-up starts September 6 and will have the return of sitcoms! Last fall they only had one sitcom -- Family Matters. CTS will add Full House to the schedule every weeknight at 7pm starting September 6 leading into a comedy wheel at 7:30pm with Family Ties on Mondays, The Wonder Years on Tuesdays, Happy Days on Wednesdays, Gilligan's Island on Thursdays, and The Brady Bunch on Fridays. At 8pm every weeknight will now have The Cosby Show which will lead into another comedy wheel at 8:30pm with The Nanny on Mondays, Mad About You on Tuesdays, Laverne & Shirley on Wednesdays, The Hogan Family on Thursdays, and The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air on Fridays. Wow! Nice to see sitcoms return! Drama wise, The Waltons and 7th Heaven return airing weekdays at 4pm & 5pm leading into The Michael Coren Show at 6. Leaving the line-up are Little House on the Prairie and Father Dowling Mysteries. This schedule is for all three CTS stations in Calgary, Edmonton and Ontario. The rest of the line-up is filled with originals, religious and ministry programming.
Next up we have DejaView's Fall 2010 schedule. DejaView will have series such as Hawaii Five-0, The Golden Girls, Designing Women, and Barney Miller starting Monday, August 30. Missing from the fall schedule are Silver Spoons, Cosby Show, One Day at a Time, Facts of Life, Saved by the Bell, and The Rockford Files. However, DejaView staples Three's Company, All in the Family, Who's the Boss?, Roseanne, Coach will remain.
Then we have the TVtropolis Fall 2010 Schedule. TVtropolis of course was known as PRIME previously. Their line-up features a mix of sitcoms, game shows, reality series, and more. They are a sister station to DejaView. Coming to the network this fall are Grace Under Fire, The Nanny, Just Shoot Me!and The Golden Girls. Mainstays That '70s Show, Frasier, Family Guy, Friends, and King of Queens remain, but Seinfeld, Married with Children, and Everybody Loves Raymond are off the line-up.
We don't have the SUN TV Fall 2010 schedule yet, but SUN TV currently airs My Secret Identity, Caroline in the City, Dear John, Taxi, Dave's World, Old Christine, George Lopez, Alfred Hitchcock Presents, Super Dave and Jimmy Kimmel Live. View SUN TV's current schedule and we hope to have the Fall 2010 schedule posted on our message board shortly.
TV Land Canada is now no more and has turned into Comedy Gold! The network launched yesterday (Aug. 2) and have a good mix of American and Canadian comedies. Some shows from TV Land Canada will migrate over to Comedy Gold, including Canadian comedy The Red Green Show. Orher Canadian comedies airing are Bizzare and Ready Or Not. Migrating over to Comedy Gold are also a few TV Land Canada mainstays, such as The Andy Griffith Show, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, and The Phil Silvers Show. Joining the schedule will be Full House, Designing Women, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, Newhart, The Bob Newhart Show, and Murphy Brown.
View the full Comedy Gold Fall 2010 Schedule.
Finally, when we get the SUN TV Fall 2010 schedule and the Teletoon Retro schedule it will be posted on our message board with the help of members like Sal from Canada. So keep checking that thread and feel free to discuss and look at other Canadian fall schedules there (like CTV and CITY-TV)!
Moving on, we have coverage of the TCA Summer 2010 Press Tour and today cable network FX has its own day. The other cable networks will not get an entire day like this as they go on Aug. 6-7, but FX gets their own day. First up was the executive session with John Landgraf, President & GM of FX Network. He announced that they are picking up original comedy Louie for a 2nd season of 13 episodes. It will be returning at its same night and time next season. Landgraf said that he hopes to have six to eight different original comedies on the air annually in the near future. John on Damages leaving FX: "The season that just aired is the last season that will air on FX. We are co-producers. DirecTV was willing to underwrite it, but they wanted it exclusively. It was the best and only way for Damages to move forward." New dramas to premiere are Terriers and Lights Out. FX has done well with four new series this year: The League, Archer, Justified, and Louie. DVR ratings have been great for Louie and lifted the series 66% from its live ratings in week four. However, John says "I think anybody who sits in this chair as an exec who tells you that they wish the DVR had never been invented is lying. As a consumer, I love it. We lose up to 25% of the saleable audience of our shows." View live coverage from Mike of TVTango.com and feel free to ask questions!
Then it was show panels. Dramas were in the morning. First up was Sons of Anarchy. On hand were Kurt Sutter, Charlie Hunnam, Ron Perlman, Katey Sagal, Maggie Siff, Mark Boone Jr., Theo Rossi and Dayton Callie. Then a panel for the upcoming new fall drama Terriers was next. Immediately following that panel was new mid-season drama Lights Out. Then it was off to lunch before comedies took over. The first comedy panel was It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Then we had panels each for The League and Archer. Weird that drama Justified and comedy Louie didn't get a panel.
Last week we gave you FX's Fall 2010 schedule, so if you have not seen that yet please do so!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, February 22
The Goldbergs - "So Swayze It's Crazy" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Adam sees his friend on television, he asks Beverly for her help to become an actor, so Beverly enlists his friend’s mom Edie, who is a kid talent agent in town. Unfortunately, Edie insists Adam can only get “nerd” roles, so Beverly goes on a quest to make Adam a teenage heartthrob. Meanwhile, Barry decides to embrace the punk lifestyle, and Murray attempts to become more involved in Erica’s life, but it backfires.
Speechless - "O-S-- OSCAR P-A-- PARTY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When the Dimeos throw their annual Oscar party with other special-needs families, Maya feels threatened by new mom Becca, who seems a little too perfect. Meanwhile, Jimmy encourages the fathers at the party to let loose while Ray tries to impress a girl by pretending to be someone he is not.
Modern Family - "Heavy Is the Head" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Despite their lofty hopes, Phil and Jay’s property investment might turn out to be a bust, forcing Phil to rethink his original dream. Meanwhile, Cam lands in the hospital due to a head injury and refuses to have an MRI thanks to a traumatic incident with a well when he was a child. Determined to finally impress Claire and keep her from re-gifting her birthday present, Gloria surprises her with a day of luxury at the office. However, after Claire had to implement some rather harsh budget cuts at work, a massage at her desk may not be sending the right message.
black-ish - "One Angry Man" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Dre is forced to participate in jury duty after Junior responds to the summons that was thrown away. The case is supposed to be open and shut, but when Dre sees that the defendant is a young African American, he feels a civic responsibility to give him a fair trial. Meanwhile, Bow decides to let the kids swear in the house since they are more open with her that way, but she and Ruby soon regret the decision.
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - "The Gang Tends Bar" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
It's Valentine's Day and Paddy's is packed with customers. Dennis implores the gang to do one day of actual work but everyone else is distracted by a mystery crate Cricket spotted in the alley. Eventually, the gang becomes convinced Dennis really wants them to work on their relationships and everyone shares their grievances without much resolution.
Man Seeking Woman - "Dolphin" (FXX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
When her mom becomes obsessed with Josh's wedding, Liz seeks out her estranged father (Peter Gallagher).
Schitt's Creek - "General Store" (Pop, 8:00PM ET/PT)
David comes up with a new business venture; Alexis adjusts to her first day of school.
Wednesday, February 22
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and George Clooney (The Facts of Life/Roseanne) - Tom and George are guests on a repeat of the 2012 Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Oscars special at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ariana Grande (Sam & Cat) - Ariana drops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly)- Billy appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about Ultimate Beastmaster on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2pm.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Demi Lovato (Sonny with a Chance) - Demi appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Matt Shively (The Real O'Neals/True Jackson, VP) - Matt is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Justin Bartha (The New Normal) - Justin joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth/The Cleveland Show) - Will talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. He will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 11:30am ET.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette dishes about the new season of SuperMansion on Crackle on The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.
- Mike Epps (Uncle Buck/Survivor's Remorse) - Mike is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Eva Longoria (Telenovela) - Eva chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Mark Consuelos (Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.