Friday, July 30, 2010
The executive session was next with Jeff Gaspin (Chairman, NBC Universal Television Entertainment) and Angela Bromstad (President of NBC Primetime Entertainment and Universal Media Studios). We will be back with updates from this shortly. NBC announced updates to its new fall schedule including an early premiere for Parenthood, which will follow the last Tuesday airing of America's Got Talent on Tuesday, September 14 at 10 p.m. ET. Likewise, NBC will preview its new Friday drama series Outlaw -- starring Jimmy Smits -- right after the season finale of America's Got Talent on Wednesday, September 15 at 10 p.m. ET. After its preview, Outlaw will now premiere in its regular day and time of Fridays at 10 p.m. ET on Friday, September 17. In addition, The Apprentice will now premiere a week earlier on Thursday, September 16 and now two-hours from 9-11 p.m. ET. Elsewhere, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit will debut this season now with a two-hour edition as well on Wednesday, September 22 from 9-11 p.m. ET, so the premiere of new companion drama Law & Order: Los Angeles will be moved back by one week to Wednesday, September 29 at 10 p.m. ET.
Rob Lowe (Brothers & Sisters, The West Wing) will become a new series regular on NBC's Parks and Recreation, reprising his former guest-starring role as energetic state auditor Chris Traeger when the comedy series returns in mid-season 2010-11. Elsewhere on NBC comedies, the cast of NBC's 30 Rock will perform a special live episode from famed studio 8H on Thursday, October 14 at 8:30 p.m. ET. In the series' first live episode, two versions will be telecast -- one live for the East Coast and one for the West Coast. The first show will be telecast at 8:30-9 p.m. (ET) for the East and the cast will perform the same episode for a new broadcast at 11:30 p.m.- 12 a.m. (ET) for the West. COME ON BACK FOR FURTHER UPDATES!
After a writing break, it was on to more panels with NBC's new Law & Order spin-off (just what we need), Law & Order: Los Angeles. Star Skeet Ulrich, along with executive producers Rene Balcer, Blake Masters, and Dick Wolf were present. The next panel was for USA Network's upcoming series Facing Kate with stars Sarah Shahi, Michael Trucco, Baron Vaughn, Virginia Williams, along with creator Michael Sardo and executive producer Steve Stark. Lunch was next with Phil Griffin, President of MSNBC.
After lunch, there was a panel for NBC's upcoming new comedy Outsourced with stars Diedrich Bader, Pippa Black, Parvesh Cheena, Sacha Dhawan, Rebecca Hazlewood, Rizwan Manji, Anisha Nagarajan, and Ben Rappaport along with executive producer Robert Borden and director Ken Kwapis. A short break was next with The Biggest Loser's Ali Vincent, Season 5 Winner. Then there was a panel for NBC's upcoming Friday drama Outlaws with stars Jesse Bradford, Carly Pope, David Ramsey, Jimmy Smits, and Ellen Woglom, along with executive producers John Eisendrath & David Kissinger. Then there was another short break, this time with Top Chef: Just Desserts, which premieres on Bravo on Wednesday, Sept. 15 at 10pm.
A panel for the upcoming NBC crime drama Chase was next with stars Kelli Giddish, Cole Hauser, Jesse Metcalfe, Amaury Nolasco, and Rose Rollins, along with executive producers Jennifer Johnson & Jonathan Littman. Two Syfy series had panels next: Hunting Hollywood and Destination Truth. Syfy was followed by a short panel for NBC's upcoming reality series School Pride, followed by a panel for The 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards/Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. The day concludes with the all-star party. Come on back for any breaking updates. And stay tuned Sunday for ABC's portion of the TCA Summer 2010 press tour!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of August 2-6, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, August 2, 2010
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Catch "Sheldon" himself on TBS late night talk show Lopez Tonight at 11pm.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Amy on a REPEAT of The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your listings.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny) - This is also a REPEAT, but catch Fran on The Ellen DeGeneres Show again and check your listings to see when it is on.
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is the sidekick on Craig Kilborn's new talk show The Kilborn File airing on a few Fox stations today and every weekday. Guests are not announced in advance.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Catch the legendary Betty White on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development/Larry Sanders Show/The Ropers) - The wonderful Jeffrey Tambor is on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Wendie Malick (Hot in Cleveland/Big Day/Just Shoot Me!) - It's one Wendie to another Wendy, as Wendie Malick appears on The Wendy Williams Show on BET at 12am or check your local station.
- Molly Shannon (Kath & Kim) - Catch Molly on The Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, but you need to check listings for time.
- George Lopez (George Lopez) - Catch George on a REPEAT of The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser) - Catch Doogie, I mean Neil, on the CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - The bombshell is on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Catch Eric on a REPEAT of The Rachel Ray Show so check your local station.
- Garry Shandling (Larry Sanders Show/It's Garry Shandling's Show) - Catch Gary on The Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, check your listings for time.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Catch the stunning Jennie Garth on TODAY Show on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, February 24
Last Man Standing - "Take Me to Church" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa become increasingly worried their daughters don’t attend church anymore, so they decide to take it upon themselves to make church more interesting for everyone involved. When Ryan has Kyle as his guest on his podcast, they don’t expect their wives to hear their conversation.
Dr. Ken - "Allison Finds a Lump" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
During a self-exam, Allison finds a suspicious lump in her breast, causing Ken and the HMO gang to rally around her for support while she anxiously waits for the doctor’s diagnosis. Meanwhile, Dave has questions for how he will portray the character he’s playing in the school play, and Pat and Damona share an unexpected moment.
Stuck in the Middle - "Stuck in a Slushy War" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
A slushy war breaks out when Harley's Slushy Shack faces new competition.
Friday, February 24
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Charlie Lawrence/Encore! Encore!) - Watch Nathan on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Allison Williams (Girls) - Allison visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Zosia Mamet (Girls) - Zosia is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne) - Johnny is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Hayley Orrantia (The Goldbergs) - Hayley gives a musical performance on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kenan Thompson (Kenan & Kel) - Kenan appears on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.