Friday, July 30, 2010
The executive session was next with Jeff Gaspin (Chairman, NBC Universal Television Entertainment) and Angela Bromstad (President of NBC Primetime Entertainment and Universal Media Studios). We will be back with updates from this shortly. NBC announced updates to its new fall schedule including an early premiere for Parenthood, which will follow the last Tuesday airing of America's Got Talent on Tuesday, September 14 at 10 p.m. ET. Likewise, NBC will preview its new Friday drama series Outlaw -- starring Jimmy Smits -- right after the season finale of America's Got Talent on Wednesday, September 15 at 10 p.m. ET. After its preview, Outlaw will now premiere in its regular day and time of Fridays at 10 p.m. ET on Friday, September 17. In addition, The Apprentice will now premiere a week earlier on Thursday, September 16 and now two-hours from 9-11 p.m. ET. Elsewhere, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit will debut this season now with a two-hour edition as well on Wednesday, September 22 from 9-11 p.m. ET, so the premiere of new companion drama Law & Order: Los Angeles will be moved back by one week to Wednesday, September 29 at 10 p.m. ET.
Rob Lowe (Brothers & Sisters, The West Wing) will become a new series regular on NBC's Parks and Recreation, reprising his former guest-starring role as energetic state auditor Chris Traeger when the comedy series returns in mid-season 2010-11. Elsewhere on NBC comedies, the cast of NBC's 30 Rock will perform a special live episode from famed studio 8H on Thursday, October 14 at 8:30 p.m. ET. In the series' first live episode, two versions will be telecast -- one live for the East Coast and one for the West Coast. The first show will be telecast at 8:30-9 p.m. (ET) for the East and the cast will perform the same episode for a new broadcast at 11:30 p.m.- 12 a.m. (ET) for the West. COME ON BACK FOR FURTHER UPDATES!
After a writing break, it was on to more panels with NBC's new Law & Order spin-off (just what we need), Law & Order: Los Angeles. Star Skeet Ulrich, along with executive producers Rene Balcer, Blake Masters, and Dick Wolf were present. The next panel was for USA Network's upcoming series Facing Kate with stars Sarah Shahi, Michael Trucco, Baron Vaughn, Virginia Williams, along with creator Michael Sardo and executive producer Steve Stark. Lunch was next with Phil Griffin, President of MSNBC.
After lunch, there was a panel for NBC's upcoming new comedy Outsourced with stars Diedrich Bader, Pippa Black, Parvesh Cheena, Sacha Dhawan, Rebecca Hazlewood, Rizwan Manji, Anisha Nagarajan, and Ben Rappaport along with executive producer Robert Borden and director Ken Kwapis. A short break was next with The Biggest Loser's Ali Vincent, Season 5 Winner. Then there was a panel for NBC's upcoming Friday drama Outlaws with stars Jesse Bradford, Carly Pope, David Ramsey, Jimmy Smits, and Ellen Woglom, along with executive producers John Eisendrath & David Kissinger. Then there was another short break, this time with Top Chef: Just Desserts, which premieres on Bravo on Wednesday, Sept. 15 at 10pm.
A panel for the upcoming NBC crime drama Chase was next with stars Kelli Giddish, Cole Hauser, Jesse Metcalfe, Amaury Nolasco, and Rose Rollins, along with executive producers Jennifer Johnson & Jonathan Littman. Two Syfy series had panels next: Hunting Hollywood and Destination Truth. Syfy was followed by a short panel for NBC's upcoming reality series School Pride, followed by a panel for The 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards/Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. The day concludes with the all-star party. Come on back for any breaking updates. And stay tuned Sunday for ABC's portion of the TCA Summer 2010 press tour!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of August 2-6, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, August 2, 2010
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Catch "Sheldon" himself on TBS late night talk show Lopez Tonight at 11pm.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Amy on a REPEAT of The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your listings.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny) - This is also a REPEAT, but catch Fran on The Ellen DeGeneres Show again and check your listings to see when it is on.
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is the sidekick on Craig Kilborn's new talk show The Kilborn File airing on a few Fox stations today and every weekday. Guests are not announced in advance.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Catch the legendary Betty White on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development/Larry Sanders Show/The Ropers) - The wonderful Jeffrey Tambor is on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Wendie Malick (Hot in Cleveland/Big Day/Just Shoot Me!) - It's one Wendie to another Wendy, as Wendie Malick appears on The Wendy Williams Show on BET at 12am or check your local station.
- Molly Shannon (Kath & Kim) - Catch Molly on The Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, but you need to check listings for time.
- George Lopez (George Lopez) - Catch George on a REPEAT of The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser) - Catch Doogie, I mean Neil, on the CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - The bombshell is on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Catch Eric on a REPEAT of The Rachel Ray Show so check your local station.
- Garry Shandling (Larry Sanders Show/It's Garry Shandling's Show) - Catch Gary on The Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, check your listings for time.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Catch the stunning Jennie Garth on TODAY Show on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 23
Kevin Can Wait - "Choke Doubt" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin brags about saving a man from choking after hearing how much attention his brother Kyle is receiving for saving a cat. Adam Ferrara guest stars as Bill, a man Kevin saves from choking, and “The Insider” correspondent Michael Yo guest stars as Tom, a morning show anchor who interviews Kyle.
Man with a Plan - "The Talk" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam and Andi have the dreaded “talk” with Teddy and Kate, their awkward approach makes the kids horribly uncomfortable.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Emergency Contractor" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline get home from their road trip, Caroline discovers she likes the dessert bar renovations as much as she likes Bobby (Christopher Gorham), the contractor on the job. Also, Max rushes to Randy’s side when she hears he’s in the hospital in New York City, and Sophie joins a mommy group that cares more about partying than baby talk.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Conjugal Conjecture" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Sheldon’s mother and Leonard's father share an evening together, everyone deals with an awkward morning the next day. Also, Penny’s family arrives for the wedding ceremony, including her anxiety-ridden mother, Susan (Katey Sagal), and her drug dealing brother, Randall (Jack McBrayer). Dean Norris guest stars as Colonel Williams, an Air Force Representative from the Department of Materiel Command. Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Judd Hirsch and Keith Carradine return.
Monday, January 23
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT, on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Free Agents) - Kathryn will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.