Friday, July 30, 2010
The executive session was next with Jeff Gaspin (Chairman, NBC Universal Television Entertainment) and Angela Bromstad (President of NBC Primetime Entertainment and Universal Media Studios). We will be back with updates from this shortly. NBC announced updates to its new fall schedule including an early premiere for Parenthood, which will follow the last Tuesday airing of America's Got Talent on Tuesday, September 14 at 10 p.m. ET. Likewise, NBC will preview its new Friday drama series Outlaw -- starring Jimmy Smits -- right after the season finale of America's Got Talent on Wednesday, September 15 at 10 p.m. ET. After its preview, Outlaw will now premiere in its regular day and time of Fridays at 10 p.m. ET on Friday, September 17. In addition, The Apprentice will now premiere a week earlier on Thursday, September 16 and now two-hours from 9-11 p.m. ET. Elsewhere, Law & Order: Special Victims Unit will debut this season now with a two-hour edition as well on Wednesday, September 22 from 9-11 p.m. ET, so the premiere of new companion drama Law & Order: Los Angeles will be moved back by one week to Wednesday, September 29 at 10 p.m. ET.
Rob Lowe (Brothers & Sisters, The West Wing) will become a new series regular on NBC's Parks and Recreation, reprising his former guest-starring role as energetic state auditor Chris Traeger when the comedy series returns in mid-season 2010-11. Elsewhere on NBC comedies, the cast of NBC's 30 Rock will perform a special live episode from famed studio 8H on Thursday, October 14 at 8:30 p.m. ET. In the series' first live episode, two versions will be telecast -- one live for the East Coast and one for the West Coast. The first show will be telecast at 8:30-9 p.m. (ET) for the East and the cast will perform the same episode for a new broadcast at 11:30 p.m.- 12 a.m. (ET) for the West. COME ON BACK FOR FURTHER UPDATES!
After a writing break, it was on to more panels with NBC's new Law & Order spin-off (just what we need), Law & Order: Los Angeles. Star Skeet Ulrich, along with executive producers Rene Balcer, Blake Masters, and Dick Wolf were present. The next panel was for USA Network's upcoming series Facing Kate with stars Sarah Shahi, Michael Trucco, Baron Vaughn, Virginia Williams, along with creator Michael Sardo and executive producer Steve Stark. Lunch was next with Phil Griffin, President of MSNBC.
After lunch, there was a panel for NBC's upcoming new comedy Outsourced with stars Diedrich Bader, Pippa Black, Parvesh Cheena, Sacha Dhawan, Rebecca Hazlewood, Rizwan Manji, Anisha Nagarajan, and Ben Rappaport along with executive producer Robert Borden and director Ken Kwapis. A short break was next with The Biggest Loser's Ali Vincent, Season 5 Winner. Then there was a panel for NBC's upcoming Friday drama Outlaws with stars Jesse Bradford, Carly Pope, David Ramsey, Jimmy Smits, and Ellen Woglom, along with executive producers John Eisendrath & David Kissinger. Then there was another short break, this time with Top Chef: Just Desserts, which premieres on Bravo on Wednesday, Sept. 15 at 10pm.
A panel for the upcoming NBC crime drama Chase was next with stars Kelli Giddish, Cole Hauser, Jesse Metcalfe, Amaury Nolasco, and Rose Rollins, along with executive producers Jennifer Johnson & Jonathan Littman. Two Syfy series had panels next: Hunting Hollywood and Destination Truth. Syfy was followed by a short panel for NBC's upcoming reality series School Pride, followed by a panel for The 62nd Annual Primetime Emmy Awards/Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. The day concludes with the all-star party. Come on back for any breaking updates. And stay tuned Sunday for ABC's portion of the TCA Summer 2010 press tour!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of August 2-6, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, August 2, 2010
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Catch "Sheldon" himself on TBS late night talk show Lopez Tonight at 11pm.
- Amy Poehler (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Amy on a REPEAT of The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your listings.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny) - This is also a REPEAT, but catch Fran on The Ellen DeGeneres Show again and check your listings to see when it is on.
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is the sidekick on Craig Kilborn's new talk show The Kilborn File airing on a few Fox stations today and every weekday. Guests are not announced in advance.
- Betty White (Hot in Cleveland/The Golden Girls/Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Catch the legendary Betty White on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Jeffrey Tambor (Arrested Development/Larry Sanders Show/The Ropers) - The wonderful Jeffrey Tambor is on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Wendie Malick (Hot in Cleveland/Big Day/Just Shoot Me!) - It's one Wendie to another Wendy, as Wendie Malick appears on The Wendy Williams Show on BET at 12am or check your local station.
- Molly Shannon (Kath & Kim) - Catch Molly on The Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, but you need to check listings for time.
- George Lopez (George Lopez) - Catch George on a REPEAT of The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Doogie Howser) - Catch Doogie, I mean Neil, on the CBS Early Show sometime between 7-9am.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family/Knights of Prosperity/Hot Properties) - The bombshell is on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Catch Eric on a REPEAT of The Rachel Ray Show so check your local station.
- Garry Shandling (Larry Sanders Show/It's Garry Shandling's Show) - Catch Gary on The Tavis Smiley Show on PBS, check your listings for time.
- Jennie Garth (What I Like About You) - Catch the stunning Jennie Garth on TODAY Show on NBC.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, October 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Fetal Kick Catalyst" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Penny is surprised to learn she has fans of her performance in “Serial Ape-ist” when she attends Van Nuys Comic Con with Leonard. Also, Amy hosts a Sheldon-style brunch at Penny’s apartment, and Wolowitz makes an impulsive purchase when he starts stressing out about the baby on the way.
The Great Indoors - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Joel McHale stars as Jack, a renowned adventure reporter for an outdoor magazine who must adapt to the times when he becomes the new desk-bound boss to a group of millennials in the digital department of the publication.
Mom - "High-Tops and Brown Jacket" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie and Adam’s relationship is tested when he moves in with her and Christy for a few weeks. Also, Christy learns the hard way that it may be a mistake to try and meet men with Jill.
Life in Pieces - "Annulled Roommate Pill Shower" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Heather and Tim enlist Clementine’s unusual parents, Mary-Lynn (Megan Mullally) and Spencer (Nick Offerman), to help convince Clementine and Tyler to annul their unexpected marriage. Also, Tommy moves in with Colleen, to the chagrin of her roommate, Dougie (Fortune Feimster); John and Joan run into “complications” after John takes the wrong dose of his daily pill; and Jen and Greg keep a secret from the family.
Superstore - "Halloween Theft" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Dina (Lauren Ash) throws a wrench in everyone's Halloween plans when something goes missing from the store and declares that no employee can leave until someone confesses to stealing. Amy (America Ferrera) is determined to find out who is responsible because she doesn't want to miss trick-or-treating with her daughter and Mateo (Nico Santos) prepares for his secret date with Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin). Meanwhile, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) struggle to bond until they discover they have more in common than they thought. Garrett (Colton Dunn) has a difficult time defending himself during the store-wide investigation.
The Good Place - "Most Improved Player" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Michael (Ted Danson) has a private meeting with Eleanor (Kristen Bell). Meanwhile, Chidi (William Jackson Harper), who has been harboring a secret, contemplates what to do.
Better Things - "Scary Fun" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam makes a point.
Thursday, October 27
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Catch Martin on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Mary-Louise Parker (Weeds) - Mary-Louise visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Lauren Lapkus (Clipped/Are You There, Chelsea?) - Lauren is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on Chelsea on Netflix. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today in the 10am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Nathan Lane (Modern Family/Charlie Lawrence/Encore! Encore!), John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) and John Slattery (Maggie) - They talk about Broadway's The Front Page on The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Miley Cyrus (Hannah Montana) - Miley is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Eva Longoria (Telenovela) - Eva appears on The Wendy Williams Show, so check your local listings.
- Angelique Cabral (Life in Pieces/Enlisted) - Angelique talks about Life in Pieces on the AOL Build Show at 11am.