Sunday, July 04, 2010
Summer is in session and it's repeats galore mainly for sitcoms. We will be back with our normal weekly report with the first four nights numbers and analysis in the fall, but we still will have our regular how the sitcoms did all summer long, along with a coming week preview! Here are our summer ratings:
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for Week 4, week of June 21-27)
- Sons of Tucson (Fox) - A new episode at its new time of 7pm did 1.34 million and only a 0.5 18-49 rating for series lows and even lower than previous week.
- The Simpsons (Fox) - A repeat did 3.95 million and a 1.8 18-49 rating. Up from previous week as there was animation as its lead-in.
- The Cleveland Show (Fox) - 3.54 million and a 1.7 18-49 rating for a repeat, up some from previous week but didn't built from the lead-in as it did previous week.
- Family Guy (Fox) - A repeat did 4.44 million and a 2.2 18-49 rating. Down some in viewers from previous week but up a tenth in 18-49.
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 episodes - A repeat at 7:30pm did just 1.67 million and a 0.6 18-49 rating. The regular 9:30pm airing did 3.88 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating for a repeat, up from previous week.
Tonight you can catch an all-new Sons of Tucson at 7pm on Fox followed by encores of Fox's animated comedies from 7:30-10 tonight. ABC airs repeats of America's Funniest Home Videos and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. Then it will be an encore of Jimmy Kimmel Live's Twilight Saga: Total Eclipse of the Heart at 9pm, as Scoundrels is preempted and The Gates is a repeat. NBC will have a two-hour Dateline followed by Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular at 9 and then the NBC premiere of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. CBS has a new 60 Minutes at 7pm followed by repeats of I Get That a Lot & Cold Case and then at 10pm Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular.
Coming Week Preview (July 5-10):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with new episodes of The Bachelorette from 8-10pm and True Beauty at 10pm. NBC will have a new two-hour Last Comic Standing from 9-11pm, with a new episode of drama Persons Unknown at 8pm. On Fox, they have a repeat of Lie to Me at 8pm followed by an all-new The Good Guys at 9pm. CBS and The CW are in repeats with their regular line-ups, which includes sitcoms on CBS.
On Tuesday, ABC will have all-new episode of the hilarious Wipeout, then an all-new episode of the high stakes game show Downfall and the season premiere of Primetime: Family Secrets at 10. NBC has a new Losing it with Jillian and a two-hour America's Got Talent from 9-11pm. Fox has an all-new two-hour Hell's Kitchen starting at 8pm. And once again CBS and The CW are in repeats.
On Wednesday, Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance. NBC has the return of game show Minute to Win It at 8, then a new America's Got Talent at 9pm followed by a repeat of Law & Order: Special Victims Unit. ABC has repeats of the comedies and Castle Wednesday at 10pm, its new summer home. CBS will have repeats of How I Met Your Mother and Rules of Engagement followed by regular repeats, same goes true for The CW. TV Land will have the fourth episode of Hot in Cleveland at 10pm guest starring Huey Lewis and Amy Yasbeck.
On Thursday, ABC will have the last special new Thursday Wipeout followed by episode three of the surprisingly good Rookie Blue and then docudrama Boston Med. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm, but one-hour only. CBS has the season premiere of Big Brother 12 at 8pm, followed by normal crime repeats. NBC is in repeats with a marathon of Community and The CW is also in repeats.
On Friday, ABC has new Wife Swap at 8, followed by a repeat of Primetime: What Would You Do? at 9pm, followed by a new 20/20 at 10. NBC has a new Friday Night Lights and a two-hour Dateline. CBS has a new two-hour Flashpoint starting at 9pm. Fox and The CW are in repeats.
On Saturday, its slow as usual. CBS has a two-hour premiere of new series Th Bridge from 8-10pm followed by 48 Hours Mystery at 10pm. Fox will have its usual crime reality with Cops and AMW. ABC is in repeats, with episode two encores of Scoundrels & The Gates from 9-11pm. NBC is in repeats which includes a repeat of TV movie Secrets of the Mountain from 8-10.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, January 19
The Big Bang Theory - "The Romance Calibration" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Penny feels that Leonard is taking her for granted, she decides to go on a spa weekend with Amy. Also, Wolowitz and Koothrappali try to fix a squeaky floorboard in the baby’s room.
The Great Indoors - "Mason Blows Up" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jack tries to reassert his dominance as a reporter after Mason scores an investigative coup that turns him into an overnight celebrity. Also, Clark’s low self-esteem causes him to give Emma relationship advice about other guys instead of asking her out himself
Mom - "Good Karma and the Big Weird" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bonnie encourages Christy to pursue Marjorie’s charming nephew, Nick, despite the fact that he’s been declared off limits. Chris Pratt, husband of MOM star Anna Faris, guest stars as Nick, Marjorie’s nephew.
Life in Pieces - "Tailgate Spiral Souvenir Seating" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Colleen and Matt host the family tailgate party at the L.A. Rams game, they invite former NFL quarterback Kurt Warner to spice up their so far dismal event. Also, Tim’s in danger of missing the game when Sophia makes him take her to the restroom and they get sidetracked returning to their seats; Joan and Jen try to sneak into seats closer to the field; and Greg wins a chance to participate in a halftime contest involving a football toss.
Baskets - "Freaks" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Chip has to decide between a tarp and snacks.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.