Friday, July 16, 2010
NBC Fall 2010 Premiere Dates, CW Orders Sitcom from Canada; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of July 19, 2010)
In addition, NBC again launches the NFL season with NFL Kickoff on Thursday, September 9 at 8pm ET when the defending Super Bowl champion New Orleans Saints host the Minnesota Vikings in a rematch of last year's NFC Championship Game. Sunday Night Football and Football Night in America officially debut on Sunday, September 12 when the Washington Redskins host the Dallas Cowboys.
View the full NBC premiere week schedule. With the announcement for NBC, now only CBS is left to announce their fall 2010 premiere dates...so stay with us for that!
Summer is about to get a lot hotter when The CW unleashes 18 To Life, the hit Canadian comedy series about a modern-day Romeo and Juliet. The network will air all 12 half-hour episodes from the premiere season of 18 To Life on Tuesday nights beginning August 3, with back-to-back episodes airing at 9:00 and 9:30 p.m. ET.
In the premiere episode of 18 To Life, when Tom and Jessie - 18-year-old next-door neighbors who have grown up together – run off and get married, their warring families are forced to become one in this hilarious multi-generational half-hour about relationships, true love, and who takes out the garbage. The series explores intimate relationships in combustible combinations as husband-wife, mom-dad, and in-laws all struggle to influence the newlyweds and control the extended family's destiny. Tom and Jessie move into his parents' attic and their marriage becomes public property, creating an endless string of challenges for the couple. As this new love blooms audaciously amidst the two settled marriages, it stirs up new frictions and old passions in both sets of parents.
18 To Life stars Stacey Farber (Degrassi: The Next Generation) and Michael Seater (Life With Derek) as the young lovers, along with Peter Keleghan, Al Goulem, Ellen David, and Angela Asher (Degrassi: The Next Generation) as the parents, as well as Jesse Rath, and Tiio Horn.
It certainly is the summer of Canadian series as ABC has Rookie Blue and The Gates, CBS has The Bridge and Flashpoint, and NBC has Persons Unknown. Previously, 18 To Life was being co-developed with ABC, but they passed. The show, which has just begun production on its second season in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, airs in Canada on CBC Television. The series is distributed internationally by ITV Studios Global Entertainment.
If the show does well, The CW would likely air that second season.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of July 19-23, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, July 19, 2010
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends) - Catch Lisa on this repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Catch Steve on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Larry Hagman (I Dream of Jeannie) - Catch the classic actor on HLN's The Joy Behar Show at 9pm.
- Cobie Smulders (How I Met Your Mother) - Catch Cobie on a repeat of The Bonnie Hunt Show, so check your listings.
- Cast of The Game - Catch the sitcom cast on a repeat of The Mo'nique Show at 11pm on BET
- Christine Lakin (Step by Step) - Christine is the sidekick on Craig Kilborn's new talk show The Kilborn File airing on a few Fox stations today and every weekday
- Steve Carell (The Office) - Catch Steve on Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Zach Braff ([scrubs]) - The hilarious Zach Braff is on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35am on NBC.
- Jemaine Clement (Flight of the Conchords) - Catch Jemaine again on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35am on NBC.
- Jackee Harry (Sister Sister/227) - Catch Jackee on BET's The Mo'nique Show at 11pm on BET.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny) - Watch Fran on this REPEAT of The Bonnie Hunt Show, so check your local listings.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Catch Jerry on a REPEAT of The Oprah Show check your local listings.
- Carol Burnett (Carol Burnett Show/Mama's Family) - This is a repeat of Carol on The Rachel Ray Show so check your listings.
Wednesday, July 21, 2010
- Steve Carell (The Office) - The busy Carell visits NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35am.
- Holly Robinson-Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper) - Catch Holly on Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Kevin Connolly (Entourage/Unhappily Ever After) - Watch Kevin on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly but you have to check your local listings.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker) - The great Ted Danson visits Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family/Back to You) - Watch the hilarious Ty Burrell again on a REPEAT of The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your local listings.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Catch Wilmer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:06am on ABC.
- Kevin Connolly (Entourage/Unhappily Ever After) - Watch Kevin on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC at 12:35am.
- Tiffani Thiessen (Saved by the Bell) - Catch Tiffani on TBS's Lopez Tonight at 11pm on TBS.
- Bianca Kajlich (Rules of Engagement) - Catch Bianca on The Early Show between 7-9am on CBS.
- Mindy Kaling (The Office) - Catch Mindy on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Dania Ramirez (Entourage) - Watch Dania on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or check your local listings.
- Susie Essman (Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Watch Susie co-host on ABC's The View at 11am ET/10am CT/PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 26
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Bob's Burgers - "They Serve Horses, Don't They?" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After a tip from Jimmy Pesto (guest voice Jay Johnston), Bob secures a new meat provider who claims to save clients money on every order. The Belchers quickly realize that the situation is too good to be true, as they find themselves involved in a full-blown investigation, led by Hugo (guest voice Ken Marino) and Ron (guest voice Ron Lynch). Will Bob crack under the pressure or will he lead the investigators to a huge victory?
The Simpsons - "Havana Wild Weekend" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When the Retirement Castle and the V.A. Hospital can’t solve Grampa’s health issues, the Simpsons decide to take a family trip to Cuba to get him cheap medical care.
The Simpsons - "There Will Be Buds" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer gets roped into coaching the kids’ lacrosse team with Milhouse’s dad, Kirk, who is in desperate need of a friend. When Kirk gets too clingy, Homer vents about how much of a loser he is. Kirk overhears his rant and disappears, right when the team needs him most: the championship game.
Family Guy - "The Boys in the Band" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Stewie and Brian form a children’s band that quickly rises to fame until they let a girl get between them and drive the band apart. Meanwhile, Peter and Lois insist that Chris gets a job so he takes a job managing Quagmire’s sex life as his personal assistant.
Family Guy - "Bookie of the Year" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Brian and Lois decide it’s time for Chris to work out his anger management issues by taking up a sport. Chris surprises everyone and becomes a star baseball pitcher, which turns Peter into a gambling father, as he bets on his son’s baseball games. Meanwhile, Stewie, Brian and Frank Sinatra Jr. attempt to open an Italian restaurant .
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.