Thursday, July 22, 2010
CBS Orders New Talk Show, Pulls The Bridge, ABC's Shark Tank Delayed Again; Logo Picks-Up Off-Net Nip/Tuck Starting October 2010
The co-hosts - moms with children ranging in age from infant to adult - will swap stories, challenge each other on issues and engage the studio audience and viewers at home about events in the headlines and their own homes through the lens of motherhood. Show segments will include guest interviews with entertainers and newsmakers, live remotes from the field and personal home footage shot by the co-hosts themselves.
The show was developed by Gilbert, who also serves as executive producer. The new talk show will replace CBS daytime soap opera As the World Turns, which will end its long run in September.
In other CBS updates, they have pulled the Canadian drama series The Bridge from the schedule after a very low 0.3 18-49 rating this past Saturday. Crime repeats will take over, with Cold Case airing the next few weeks. As a result of this change, CBS will remove Cold Case repeats on Sundays at 10pm with repeats of The Good Wife airing instead for the next three Sundays. Then CBS will start CSI: Miami on Sunday, Aug. 15 as it settles into its new night this fall. Also, CSI: NY will settle into its new Friday at 9pm fall slot starting Aug. 13.
As we first reported, ABC has delayed the return of Shark Tank for a second time. The series was going to return next Thursday (July 29) but now ABC has pulled that because Wipeout is doing so well on Thursdays into summer drama Rookie Blue. However, Wipeout will not be all-new episodes on Thursdays now, so repeats will air on Thursdays for the rest of the summer. Wipeout's last Thursday all-new episode is tonight, but not to fret Wipeout will be all-new on its normal night and time of Tuesdays at 8pm for the rest of the summer still! Originally Shark Tank was set to return on July 15 but ABC added two more all-new Wipeout Thursday airings. So what will happen to Shark Tank? As of this writing, it has not been re-scheduled yet. ABC only has one episode left to air, though. Wife Swap has its season finale on Friday, Aug. 13, so perhaps Shark Tank can air Fridays at 8pm starting Aug. 20 for the last few weeks of summer (with the new episode plus a few repeats)? Sounds possible, so stay with us for info!
Logo announced that it has acquired the off-cable syndication rights to the groundbreaking dramatic series Nip/Tuck in a 4-year licensing agreement with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution. This deal marks the premiere for the series in syndication. The agreement includes all 100 episodes spanning the complete seven seasons of the Golden Globe(R) Award-winning and multiple Emmy(R) Award-nominated drama.
Set to premiere this October (2010), Nip/Tuck will run in three-episode stacks on one night during primetime, with a new stack of episodes each week. The series will be presented sequentially. The series aired on FX from 2003-2010, with the series ending this past March. Logo has set a tentative premiere date of Friday, October 8, 2010 for the series.
Nip/Tuck stars Dylan Walsh, Julian McMahon, John Hensley, Roma Maffia, Kelly Carlson and Joely Richardson. Notable guest stars in the series include Alec Baldwin, Bradley Cooper, Portia de Rossi, Rosie O'Donnell, Jennifer Coolidge, Brooke Shields, Oliver Platt and Joan Rivers, among many others.
The series joins other off-network series on the network such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, RENO 911, The L Word, and Queer as Folk. And speaking of Buffy, there will be a Labor Day marathon on Labor Day (Sept. 6) from 10:30am-5:30pm.
And speaking of Fall 2010, on Monday we are starting our annual Fall schedules barrage! We will start it off with TV Land September 2010, though that is not considered their fall line-up, TV Land will re-add two sitcoms that are coming back in new deals, while one sitcom will expire. So we will bring that to you on Monday and hopefully some info on the Fall schedule (which likely starts in October). Tweet us your guesses of what you think the two sitcoms are!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.