Thursday, July 22, 2010
CBS Orders New Talk Show, Pulls The Bridge, ABC's Shark Tank Delayed Again; Logo Picks-Up Off-Net Nip/Tuck Starting October 2010
The co-hosts - moms with children ranging in age from infant to adult - will swap stories, challenge each other on issues and engage the studio audience and viewers at home about events in the headlines and their own homes through the lens of motherhood. Show segments will include guest interviews with entertainers and newsmakers, live remotes from the field and personal home footage shot by the co-hosts themselves.
The show was developed by Gilbert, who also serves as executive producer. The new talk show will replace CBS daytime soap opera As the World Turns, which will end its long run in September.
In other CBS updates, they have pulled the Canadian drama series The Bridge from the schedule after a very low 0.3 18-49 rating this past Saturday. Crime repeats will take over, with Cold Case airing the next few weeks. As a result of this change, CBS will remove Cold Case repeats on Sundays at 10pm with repeats of The Good Wife airing instead for the next three Sundays. Then CBS will start CSI: Miami on Sunday, Aug. 15 as it settles into its new night this fall. Also, CSI: NY will settle into its new Friday at 9pm fall slot starting Aug. 13.
As we first reported, ABC has delayed the return of Shark Tank for a second time. The series was going to return next Thursday (July 29) but now ABC has pulled that because Wipeout is doing so well on Thursdays into summer drama Rookie Blue. However, Wipeout will not be all-new episodes on Thursdays now, so repeats will air on Thursdays for the rest of the summer. Wipeout's last Thursday all-new episode is tonight, but not to fret Wipeout will be all-new on its normal night and time of Tuesdays at 8pm for the rest of the summer still! Originally Shark Tank was set to return on July 15 but ABC added two more all-new Wipeout Thursday airings. So what will happen to Shark Tank? As of this writing, it has not been re-scheduled yet. ABC only has one episode left to air, though. Wife Swap has its season finale on Friday, Aug. 13, so perhaps Shark Tank can air Fridays at 8pm starting Aug. 20 for the last few weeks of summer (with the new episode plus a few repeats)? Sounds possible, so stay with us for info!
Logo announced that it has acquired the off-cable syndication rights to the groundbreaking dramatic series Nip/Tuck in a 4-year licensing agreement with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution. This deal marks the premiere for the series in syndication. The agreement includes all 100 episodes spanning the complete seven seasons of the Golden Globe(R) Award-winning and multiple Emmy(R) Award-nominated drama.
Set to premiere this October (2010), Nip/Tuck will run in three-episode stacks on one night during primetime, with a new stack of episodes each week. The series will be presented sequentially. The series aired on FX from 2003-2010, with the series ending this past March. Logo has set a tentative premiere date of Friday, October 8, 2010 for the series.
Nip/Tuck stars Dylan Walsh, Julian McMahon, John Hensley, Roma Maffia, Kelly Carlson and Joely Richardson. Notable guest stars in the series include Alec Baldwin, Bradley Cooper, Portia de Rossi, Rosie O'Donnell, Jennifer Coolidge, Brooke Shields, Oliver Platt and Joan Rivers, among many others.
The series joins other off-network series on the network such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, RENO 911, The L Word, and Queer as Folk. And speaking of Buffy, there will be a Labor Day marathon on Labor Day (Sept. 6) from 10:30am-5:30pm.
And speaking of Fall 2010, on Monday we are starting our annual Fall schedules barrage! We will start it off with TV Land September 2010, though that is not considered their fall line-up, TV Land will re-add two sitcoms that are coming back in new deals, while one sitcom will expire. So we will bring that to you on Monday and hopefully some info on the Fall schedule (which likely starts in October). Tweet us your guesses of what you think the two sitcoms are!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.