Thursday, July 22, 2010
CBS Orders New Talk Show, Pulls The Bridge, ABC's Shark Tank Delayed Again; Logo Picks-Up Off-Net Nip/Tuck Starting October 2010
The co-hosts - moms with children ranging in age from infant to adult - will swap stories, challenge each other on issues and engage the studio audience and viewers at home about events in the headlines and their own homes through the lens of motherhood. Show segments will include guest interviews with entertainers and newsmakers, live remotes from the field and personal home footage shot by the co-hosts themselves.
The show was developed by Gilbert, who also serves as executive producer. The new talk show will replace CBS daytime soap opera As the World Turns, which will end its long run in September.
In other CBS updates, they have pulled the Canadian drama series The Bridge from the schedule after a very low 0.3 18-49 rating this past Saturday. Crime repeats will take over, with Cold Case airing the next few weeks. As a result of this change, CBS will remove Cold Case repeats on Sundays at 10pm with repeats of The Good Wife airing instead for the next three Sundays. Then CBS will start CSI: Miami on Sunday, Aug. 15 as it settles into its new night this fall. Also, CSI: NY will settle into its new Friday at 9pm fall slot starting Aug. 13.
As we first reported, ABC has delayed the return of Shark Tank for a second time. The series was going to return next Thursday (July 29) but now ABC has pulled that because Wipeout is doing so well on Thursdays into summer drama Rookie Blue. However, Wipeout will not be all-new episodes on Thursdays now, so repeats will air on Thursdays for the rest of the summer. Wipeout's last Thursday all-new episode is tonight, but not to fret Wipeout will be all-new on its normal night and time of Tuesdays at 8pm for the rest of the summer still! Originally Shark Tank was set to return on July 15 but ABC added two more all-new Wipeout Thursday airings. So what will happen to Shark Tank? As of this writing, it has not been re-scheduled yet. ABC only has one episode left to air, though. Wife Swap has its season finale on Friday, Aug. 13, so perhaps Shark Tank can air Fridays at 8pm starting Aug. 20 for the last few weeks of summer (with the new episode plus a few repeats)? Sounds possible, so stay with us for info!
Logo announced that it has acquired the off-cable syndication rights to the groundbreaking dramatic series Nip/Tuck in a 4-year licensing agreement with Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution. This deal marks the premiere for the series in syndication. The agreement includes all 100 episodes spanning the complete seven seasons of the Golden Globe(R) Award-winning and multiple Emmy(R) Award-nominated drama.
Set to premiere this October (2010), Nip/Tuck will run in three-episode stacks on one night during primetime, with a new stack of episodes each week. The series will be presented sequentially. The series aired on FX from 2003-2010, with the series ending this past March. Logo has set a tentative premiere date of Friday, October 8, 2010 for the series.
Nip/Tuck stars Dylan Walsh, Julian McMahon, John Hensley, Roma Maffia, Kelly Carlson and Joely Richardson. Notable guest stars in the series include Alec Baldwin, Bradley Cooper, Portia de Rossi, Rosie O'Donnell, Jennifer Coolidge, Brooke Shields, Oliver Platt and Joan Rivers, among many others.
The series joins other off-network series on the network such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer, RENO 911, The L Word, and Queer as Folk. And speaking of Buffy, there will be a Labor Day marathon on Labor Day (Sept. 6) from 10:30am-5:30pm.
And speaking of Fall 2010, on Monday we are starting our annual Fall schedules barrage! We will start it off with TV Land September 2010, though that is not considered their fall line-up, TV Land will re-add two sitcoms that are coming back in new deals, while one sitcom will expire. So we will bring that to you on Monday and hopefully some info on the Fall schedule (which likely starts in October). Tweet us your guesses of what you think the two sitcoms are!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.