Thursday, June 24, 2010
This news was reported on Stu's Show interview on Shokus Internet Radio, where the cast of Leave it to Beaver (to promote their complete series DVD out next week) and Shout! Factory producer Brian Ward were on hand and Brian announced to host Stuart Shostak that Shout! Factory has acquired the DVD rights to All in the Family! Boy the way Glenn Miller played, indeed! Stay with us for more news on DVDs this Saturday on our weekly Digital Digest feature!
Moving on to some summer network notes, ABC will finally air the season finale of addicting entrepreneur series Shark Tank on Thursday, July 15 at 8pm. The episode was slated to air in February, but was preempted due to the Haiti Earthquake relief special. Then starting July 22, you can catch repeats of Shark Tank all-summer long on Thursdays at 8pm. Could this be a sign that ABC might order a second season for sometime next season? It looks good to me for those sharks! We will certainly let you know.
Meanwhile, the last 2 episodes of struggling drama happy town will air online soon. It will not air on television. The series was pulled from the schedule last week and Castle repeats on Wednesdays is starting two weeks earlier than planned (now June 30 instead of July 14). Still no word on if and when ABC will air the remaining episodes of sitcoms Better Off Ted, Hank, and Romantically Challenged along with drama The Deep End. Perhaps a few of those will air and maybe the rest online? We'll let you know.
Moving on to NBC, effective Monday (June 28), struggling summer drama Persons Unknown will air now at 8pm instead of 10pm. As a result, NBC will now expand Last Comic Standing to two-hours to 9-11pm. As of now, this change is for the next two weeks only, but if it does even slightly better than the line-up now, I'm sure NBC will keep this line-up for the rest of both of the series' run. Last Comic Standing is only doing modestly in the ratings.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, July 28
2 Broke Girls - "And the Icing on the Cake" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Deke invites Max’s friends over for a gathering at his dumpster, Caroline learns an enormous secret about his background.
Mom - "Jail Jail and Japanese Porn" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Christy puts her new relationship ahead of friends and family, Bonnie has to pick up the slack. Academy Award winner Octavia Spencer returns as Regina. Nick Zano returns as David.
Mike & Molly - "They Shoot Asses, Don't They?" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mike decides he needs to live every day like it’s his last after being shot during a robbery. As a result, he tells Carl it’s time for him to quit the police force.
Two and a Half Men - "Clank, Clank, Drunken Skank" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Walden starts partying with Jenny and her hot friends. Meanwhile, Alan and Lyndsey’s illicit affair is jeopardized.
Monday, July 28
- Will Arnett (The Millers/Up All Night/Arrested Development) - Watch Will on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rachelle Lefevre (Life on a Stick/Big Wolf on Campus) - Rachelle visits on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/Carpoolers) - T.J. is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon drops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Roseanne Barr (Roseanne) - Roseanne appears on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi talks about Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke interviews Queen on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Swoosie Kurtz (Mike & Molly/Love, Sidney) - Swoosie is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Don Rickles (C.P.O. Sharkey/Daddy Dearest) - Mr. Warmth appears on Larry King Now at 2/5pm PT/ET on Ora.tv and Hulu.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony joins the Plugged In panel on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement) - Wendi is a guest on a repeat of The Better Show, so check your local listings.