Thursday, June 24, 2010
This news was reported on Stu's Show interview on Shokus Internet Radio, where the cast of Leave it to Beaver (to promote their complete series DVD out next week) and Shout! Factory producer Brian Ward were on hand and Brian announced to host Stuart Shostak that Shout! Factory has acquired the DVD rights to All in the Family! Boy the way Glenn Miller played, indeed! Stay with us for more news on DVDs this Saturday on our weekly Digital Digest feature!
Moving on to some summer network notes, ABC will finally air the season finale of addicting entrepreneur series Shark Tank on Thursday, July 15 at 8pm. The episode was slated to air in February, but was preempted due to the Haiti Earthquake relief special. Then starting July 22, you can catch repeats of Shark Tank all-summer long on Thursdays at 8pm. Could this be a sign that ABC might order a second season for sometime next season? It looks good to me for those sharks! We will certainly let you know.
Meanwhile, the last 2 episodes of struggling drama happy town will air online soon. It will not air on television. The series was pulled from the schedule last week and Castle repeats on Wednesdays is starting two weeks earlier than planned (now June 30 instead of July 14). Still no word on if and when ABC will air the remaining episodes of sitcoms Better Off Ted, Hank, and Romantically Challenged along with drama The Deep End. Perhaps a few of those will air and maybe the rest online? We'll let you know.
Moving on to NBC, effective Monday (June 28), struggling summer drama Persons Unknown will air now at 8pm instead of 10pm. As a result, NBC will now expand Last Comic Standing to two-hours to 9-11pm. As of now, this change is for the next two weeks only, but if it does even slightly better than the line-up now, I'm sure NBC will keep this line-up for the rest of both of the series' run. Last Comic Standing is only doing modestly in the ratings.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, July 25
Jessie - "Space Out" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Ravi scores a trip to outer space for his birthday with Jessie and the Ross kids; when Ravi remains on Earth, the trip takes a startling turn.
Girls Meets World - "Girl Meets Father" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
It's time for the Matthews' annual trip to Coney Island for roller coasters and family bonding; this year, Riley would rather go to the school dance; while processing his daughter's adolescence, Cory also deals with giving Maya an ``F.''
Dog with a Blog - "Pod People From Pasadena" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Avery's been chosen to create a float for the town parade and enlists her father's help; after watching a movie, Chloe's convinced that her family has been taken over by aliens and that the float is a spaceship.
Friday, July 25
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris and the rest of the cast of Guardians of the Galaxy on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on Tavis Smiley on PBS, so check your local listings.
- John Stamos (Full House/Jake in Progress) - John appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Mike Vogel (Grounded for Life) - Mike stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Mary McCormack (Welcome to the Family) - Mary is part of the guest panel on a repeat of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney is part of the guest panel on a repeat of Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Kelsey Grammer (Partners/Frasier/Cheers) - Kelsey chats about his upcoming FX series Partners on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) and Nat Faxon (Married/Ben and Kate) - Judy and Nat talk about their new FX series Married on Wake Up on Taylor on SiriusXM Stars Channel 109 sometime between 7-10am.
- Mary Lynn Rajskub (How to Be a Gentleman) - Mary Lynn is a guest on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:35am. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. Finally, she is a guest on Arise TV at 3pm.
- Fran Drescher (The Nanny/Happily Divorced) - Fran will be on HuffPost Live.