Thursday, June 24, 2010
This news was reported on Stu's Show interview on Shokus Internet Radio, where the cast of Leave it to Beaver (to promote their complete series DVD out next week) and Shout! Factory producer Brian Ward were on hand and Brian announced to host Stuart Shostak that Shout! Factory has acquired the DVD rights to All in the Family! Boy the way Glenn Miller played, indeed! Stay with us for more news on DVDs this Saturday on our weekly Digital Digest feature!
Moving on to some summer network notes, ABC will finally air the season finale of addicting entrepreneur series Shark Tank on Thursday, July 15 at 8pm. The episode was slated to air in February, but was preempted due to the Haiti Earthquake relief special. Then starting July 22, you can catch repeats of Shark Tank all-summer long on Thursdays at 8pm. Could this be a sign that ABC might order a second season for sometime next season? It looks good to me for those sharks! We will certainly let you know.
Meanwhile, the last 2 episodes of struggling drama happy town will air online soon. It will not air on television. The series was pulled from the schedule last week and Castle repeats on Wednesdays is starting two weeks earlier than planned (now June 30 instead of July 14). Still no word on if and when ABC will air the remaining episodes of sitcoms Better Off Ted, Hank, and Romantically Challenged along with drama The Deep End. Perhaps a few of those will air and maybe the rest online? We'll let you know.
Moving on to NBC, effective Monday (June 28), struggling summer drama Persons Unknown will air now at 8pm instead of 10pm. As a result, NBC will now expand Last Comic Standing to two-hours to 9-11pm. As of now, this change is for the next two weeks only, but if it does even slightly better than the line-up now, I'm sure NBC will keep this line-up for the rest of both of the series' run. Last Comic Standing is only doing modestly in the ratings.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, September 2
New Girl - "Cruise" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jess and Nick invite the gang along with them on a cruise they booked while still together as a couple. Coach tries to suppress his fear of boating, Schmidt attempts to win back Cece and Winston tries to mend Jess and Nick’s fractured relationship.
The Mindy Project - "Danny and Mindy" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Mindy thinks she’s met the man of her dreams after he writes a description of their encounter in a New York newspaper, leading to a surprising reveal.
Sullivan & Son - "A Kiss Is Just Never a Kiss" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Steve goes all out to impress an exciting new woman, with the help of Melanie. Meanwhile, Hank's doctor prescribes him testosterone, but a mishap leads to a "juiced up" Hank.
Tuesday, September 2
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Catch Allison on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- David Koechner (The Office/Hank) - David stops by @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- George Lopez (Saint George/George Lopez) - George appears on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Albert Tsai (Trophy Wife) - Albert is a guest on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Seth Green (Dads/Greg the Bunny) - Seth talks about his new film The Identical on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Brooklyn Decker (Friends with Better Lives) - Tune in to see Brooklyn on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Keke Palmer (True Jackson, VP) - Keke is a guest on The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.