Thursday, April 29, 2010
TBS's newest original sitcom stars Terry Crews (Everybody Hates Chris) and Essence Atkins (Half and Half) as Nick and Suzanne, a newly married couple whose blended family faces the challenges of everyday life. From dealing with the complexities of being newlyweds to weathering the storm of teenage children this series is packed with relatable moments for all families. Telma Hopkins (Family Matters, Bosom Buddies) plays Nick's mother, who isn't happy about his marriage nor her new role as grandmother. Keesha Sharp is Suzanne's best friend, who has a taste for men and the finer things in life. Comedian Christian Fennegan plays Nick's best friend and owner of a sports memorabilia store. And Ice Cube, who also serves as producer, plays a recurring role as Suzanne's SWAT officer brother.
Are We There Yet? airs after all-new episodes of Meet the Browns (Wednesdays 8-9pm). Repeats of House of Payne will follow Are We There Yet? in the 10pm hour for a full night of primetime comedy!
Next TBS presents a demonically funny new comedy -- Neighbors From Hell! The animated comedy will premiere on Monday, June 7 at 10 p.m. and it will air in between Family Guy repeats (9:30 and 10:30). The network's first original animated series follows the Hellmans, a family trying to blend in with the neighborhood while fulfilling a mission from Hell. The Hellman family are just your average demons trying to fit in while preventing humans from ruining their home -- hell! The series also has a 10 episode order.
And finally the fourth season of single camera sitcom My Boys will launch Sunday, July 25. The series will move to Sundays at 10:00PM. Last season it aired Tuesdays at 10:30PM. My Boys is a smart, relatable, contemporary comedy series about a group of friends who, with a healthy dose of sarcasm and wit, navigate the ups and downs of life and everything in between. They always make time to get together, drink beer, catch up, and support each other -- even while they’re cracking jokes. The fourth season has a 9 episode order.
Just last week we gave you details on TV One May 2010, now we have a bit of a schedule change. Beginning on Monday (May 3, 2010), the TV One weekday early evening programming block from 4pm-7pm will be changing until further notice. Basically Lincoln Heights' afternoon airing will be leaving the line-up. Lincoln Heights will continue to still air weekdays at 11pm and 2am. Since it is leaving afternoons, this makes way for Cedric the Entertainer Presents to return to the weekday regular schedule! Cedric will air weekdays in the 6pm hour, replacing an hour of Sanford & Son, which will slide to the 5pm hour. And that 5pm hour of Sanford & Son will be replacing an hour of Divorce Court, which will now move to 4pm replacing the Lincoln Heights afternoon airing.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.