Thursday, April 29, 2010
TBS's newest original sitcom stars Terry Crews (Everybody Hates Chris) and Essence Atkins (Half and Half) as Nick and Suzanne, a newly married couple whose blended family faces the challenges of everyday life. From dealing with the complexities of being newlyweds to weathering the storm of teenage children this series is packed with relatable moments for all families. Telma Hopkins (Family Matters, Bosom Buddies) plays Nick's mother, who isn't happy about his marriage nor her new role as grandmother. Keesha Sharp is Suzanne's best friend, who has a taste for men and the finer things in life. Comedian Christian Fennegan plays Nick's best friend and owner of a sports memorabilia store. And Ice Cube, who also serves as producer, plays a recurring role as Suzanne's SWAT officer brother.
Are We There Yet? airs after all-new episodes of Meet the Browns (Wednesdays 8-9pm). Repeats of House of Payne will follow Are We There Yet? in the 10pm hour for a full night of primetime comedy!
Next TBS presents a demonically funny new comedy -- Neighbors From Hell! The animated comedy will premiere on Monday, June 7 at 10 p.m. and it will air in between Family Guy repeats (9:30 and 10:30). The network's first original animated series follows the Hellmans, a family trying to blend in with the neighborhood while fulfilling a mission from Hell. The Hellman family are just your average demons trying to fit in while preventing humans from ruining their home -- hell! The series also has a 10 episode order.
And finally the fourth season of single camera sitcom My Boys will launch Sunday, July 25. The series will move to Sundays at 10:00PM. Last season it aired Tuesdays at 10:30PM. My Boys is a smart, relatable, contemporary comedy series about a group of friends who, with a healthy dose of sarcasm and wit, navigate the ups and downs of life and everything in between. They always make time to get together, drink beer, catch up, and support each other -- even while they’re cracking jokes. The fourth season has a 9 episode order.
Just last week we gave you details on TV One May 2010, now we have a bit of a schedule change. Beginning on Monday (May 3, 2010), the TV One weekday early evening programming block from 4pm-7pm will be changing until further notice. Basically Lincoln Heights' afternoon airing will be leaving the line-up. Lincoln Heights will continue to still air weekdays at 11pm and 2am. Since it is leaving afternoons, this makes way for Cedric the Entertainer Presents to return to the weekday regular schedule! Cedric will air weekdays in the 6pm hour, replacing an hour of Sanford & Son, which will slide to the 5pm hour. And that 5pm hour of Sanford & Son will be replacing an hour of Divorce Court, which will now move to 4pm replacing the Lincoln Heights afternoon airing.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 23
Kevin Can Wait - "Choke Doubt" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin brags about saving a man from choking after hearing how much attention his brother Kyle is receiving for saving a cat. Adam Ferrara guest stars as Bill, a man Kevin saves from choking, and “The Insider” correspondent Michael Yo guest stars as Tom, a morning show anchor who interviews Kyle.
Man with a Plan - "The Talk" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam and Andi have the dreaded “talk” with Teddy and Kate, their awkward approach makes the kids horribly uncomfortable.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Emergency Contractor" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline get home from their road trip, Caroline discovers she likes the dessert bar renovations as much as she likes Bobby (Christopher Gorham), the contractor on the job. Also, Max rushes to Randy’s side when she hears he’s in the hospital in New York City, and Sophie joins a mommy group that cares more about partying than baby talk.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Conjugal Conjecture" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Sheldon’s mother and Leonard's father share an evening together, everyone deals with an awkward morning the next day. Also, Penny’s family arrives for the wedding ceremony, including her anxiety-ridden mother, Susan (Katey Sagal), and her drug dealing brother, Randall (Jack McBrayer). Dean Norris guest stars as Colonel Williams, an Air Force Representative from the Department of Materiel Command. Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Judd Hirsch and Keith Carradine return.
Monday, January 23
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT, on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Free Agents) - Kathryn will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.