Thursday, April 29, 2010
TBS's newest original sitcom stars Terry Crews (Everybody Hates Chris) and Essence Atkins (Half and Half) as Nick and Suzanne, a newly married couple whose blended family faces the challenges of everyday life. From dealing with the complexities of being newlyweds to weathering the storm of teenage children this series is packed with relatable moments for all families. Telma Hopkins (Family Matters, Bosom Buddies) plays Nick's mother, who isn't happy about his marriage nor her new role as grandmother. Keesha Sharp is Suzanne's best friend, who has a taste for men and the finer things in life. Comedian Christian Fennegan plays Nick's best friend and owner of a sports memorabilia store. And Ice Cube, who also serves as producer, plays a recurring role as Suzanne's SWAT officer brother.
Are We There Yet? airs after all-new episodes of Meet the Browns (Wednesdays 8-9pm). Repeats of House of Payne will follow Are We There Yet? in the 10pm hour for a full night of primetime comedy!
Next TBS presents a demonically funny new comedy -- Neighbors From Hell! The animated comedy will premiere on Monday, June 7 at 10 p.m. and it will air in between Family Guy repeats (9:30 and 10:30). The network's first original animated series follows the Hellmans, a family trying to blend in with the neighborhood while fulfilling a mission from Hell. The Hellman family are just your average demons trying to fit in while preventing humans from ruining their home -- hell! The series also has a 10 episode order.
And finally the fourth season of single camera sitcom My Boys will launch Sunday, July 25. The series will move to Sundays at 10:00PM. Last season it aired Tuesdays at 10:30PM. My Boys is a smart, relatable, contemporary comedy series about a group of friends who, with a healthy dose of sarcasm and wit, navigate the ups and downs of life and everything in between. They always make time to get together, drink beer, catch up, and support each other -- even while they’re cracking jokes. The fourth season has a 9 episode order.
Just last week we gave you details on TV One May 2010, now we have a bit of a schedule change. Beginning on Monday (May 3, 2010), the TV One weekday early evening programming block from 4pm-7pm will be changing until further notice. Basically Lincoln Heights' afternoon airing will be leaving the line-up. Lincoln Heights will continue to still air weekdays at 11pm and 2am. Since it is leaving afternoons, this makes way for Cedric the Entertainer Presents to return to the weekday regular schedule! Cedric will air weekdays in the 6pm hour, replacing an hour of Sanford & Son, which will slide to the 5pm hour. And that 5pm hour of Sanford & Son will be replacing an hour of Divorce Court, which will now move to 4pm replacing the Lincoln Heights afternoon airing.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 20
Kevin Can Wait - "Neighborhood Watch" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Donna’s cousin, Irene (Claire Coffee), comes to visit with her chatty husband, Stuart (Alexander Chaplin), Kevin concocts an elaborate plan to avoid spending time with them by forming a neighborhood watch group with his buddies, including his neighbor, Rootger (Bas Rutten).
Man with a Plan - "Kate's First Date" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Kate is asked out on her first date, Adam can’t curb his overprotective ways. Also, Don enlists Lowell’s help to buy the perfect anniversary gift for Marcy.
Superior Donuts - "Trust Me" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Arthur is reluctant to let Franco make the shop’s bank deposit, Franco accuses his boss of not trusting him. Also, James regrets confiding in Randy after she shares an embarrassing secret about him with other cops at the station.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Jessica Shmessica" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bobby (Christopher Gorham) invites Caroline to a party to meet his family, she is eager to make a good impression but isn’t prepared for the torch that his mother and sisters still carry for Bobby’s ex-girlfriend. Also, Caroline’s nerves are even more frayed when the diner gang decides to tag along. Guest stars include Nora Dunn as Bobby’s mother, Teresa, and Kerri Kenney-Silver as his sister, Denise.
Monday, February 20
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.