Friday, April 09, 2010
Nick at Nite Ends Chris Marathon Early; ABC 2010 Season Finale Dates; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of April 12, 2010)
There are some additional one-time changes for the rest of the weekend, too. On Saturday (April 10), Everybody Hates Chris will air in the 9pm hour instead of Nickelodeon programming. The Nanny will be expanded to 10pm-1am, replacing an hour of George Lopez from 10-11pm. The 3am hour of Everybody Hates Chris will be replaced Family Matters, which will air 3-5am on the night. Chris will remain the 2am hour, though. And then on Sunday (April 11), George Lopez is expanded to 9-11pm, replacing the 9pm hour of Everybody Hates Chris. Airing from 11pm-2am will be The Nanny, as it is expanded and replacing an hour of Malcolm in the Middle from 1-2am on this night. Finally, 2-5am will be another expanded Family Matters, as Everybody Hates Chris is preempted in the 2am hour.
Strange schedule changes, but as of now they are for this weekend only. View these changes in a list form.
ABC has announced most of their season finale dates for the 2009-2010 season. The first finale is the series finale of Ugly Betty next Wednesday (April 14) at 10pm. Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution will have its season finale on Friday, April 23 at 9pm. Then the rest of the finales will be during May sweep. First up is Private Practice on Thursday, May 13 at 10pm. The ABC Sunday night line-up of America's Funniest Home Videos, Extreme Makeover: Home Edition, Desperate Housewives and Brothers & Sisters will have their finales on Sunday, May 16 from 7-11pm! The very next night (Monday, May 17) the season finale of surging hit Castle will air at 10pm. On Tuesday, May 18 we see the season finale of V at 10pm following part one of the LOST series finale at 9pm. On Wednesday, May 19, ABC Comedy Wednesday will have their season finales from 8:30-10p featuring The Middle, Modern Family, and Cougar Town. On the last Thursday of the season, on Thursday, May 20, ABC presents a two-hour season finale of Grey's Anatomy from 9-11pm! Then on Sunday, May 23, ABC devotes the entire night to LOST, as it concludes its run. From 7-9pm will be a recap/clip show followed by the two-hour series finale from 9-11pm. Dancing with the Stars wraps up season ten on Monday, May 24 at 8pm and the two-hour grand finale on Tuesday, May 25 from 9-11pm! And finally ABC ends FLASHFORWARD with a thrilling season finale on Thursday, May 27 at 8pm.
Season finale dates for Romantically Challenged, Happy Town, and Wife Swap were not announced yet. And 20/20 is new all-year.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of April 12-16, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, April 12, 2010
- Jenna Elfman (Accidentally on Purpose/Dharma & Greg/Courting Alex) - Jenna stops by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- Kathy Kinney (The Drew Carey Show) - Kathy stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace/In the Motherhood) - Megan will stop by LIVE! with Regis & Kelly. Check your local listings.
- Carol Burnett (Carol Burnett Show/Mama's Family) - She stops to chat and cook on The Rachel Ray Show. Check your local listings.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - The former TV dad stops by Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm ET.
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - The hilarious actors stops by Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35am ET on NBC.
- Kelly Ripa (Hope & Faith) - Kelly will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC at 12:35am ET. And her appearance from March on Late Show with David Letterman will repeat on CBS at 11:35pm ET.
- Holly Robinson-Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper) - She will be a guest on The Tavis Smiley Show on PBS. Check your listings for time/channel!
- Rico Rodriguez (Modern Family) - The funny kid appears on ABC's The View! 11am ET/10am PT/CT on ABC.
- Michael J. Fox (Family Ties/Spin City) - The legendary actor stops by LIVE! with Regis & Kelly. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - He stops by ABC's The View at 11am ET/10am PT/CT.
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/The Hogan Family) - Valerie heads to The Wendy Williams Show. Check your listings or watch at 12am on BET.
Wednesday, April 14, 2010
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock) - Tracy stops by The Tonight Show with Jay Leno on NBC at 11:35pm.
- Alyssa Milano (Romantically Challenged/Who's the Boss?) - Alyssa will be on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC at 12:05am to promote her new ABC sitcom premiering April 19 at 9:30pm.
- Michael J. Fox (Family Ties/Spin City) - Michael will appear on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and then in late night on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35am on NBC.
- Amy Yasbeck (Wings) - Amy stops by The Doctors show to chat about Aortic Dissection, which caused the death of her husband the late great John Ritter. Check your listings on when to watch!
Thursday, April 15, 2010
- David Duchovony (Californication) - David will be on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:05am ET and also earlier in the day he will appear on The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - A repeat of Tina's appearance on Late Show with David Letterman from last month will air at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - John stops by to talk to the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am PT.
- Aziz Ansari (Parks & Recreation/[scrubs]) - Aziz stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, check local listings for time and channel.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock) - Tracy chats it up on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart on Comedy Central at 11pm.
Friday, April 16, 2010
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock) - Tracy is making the rounds promoting his movie, this time on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly (check listings) and also on NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35am on NBC.
- David Duchovny (Californication) - David this will appear on The Bonnie Hunt Show so check your listings!
- Michael J. Fox (Family Ties/Spin City) - Michael will chat on The Rachel Ray Show, check your local listings for time and channel.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - This is a repeat from early March but if you missed it, catch him on Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Craig Robinson (The Office) - This is a repeat from a few weeks ago when Craig appeared on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:05am.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, January 24
The Middle - "A Tough Pill to Swallow" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When a devastated Sue discovers that she has been kicked out of college because she forgot to renew her financial aid, Mike tries to come to her rescue and convince a tough college bursar to reinstate her. Meanwhile, having only taken oral liquid medication all of his life, a frustrated Frankie does everything in her power to teach Brick how to swallow a pill when he gets an ear infection; and Hutch becomes angry with Axl after he keeps driving the Winnebago without permission to Orson to visit new girlfriend April – leaving Hutch without any means of transportation to get to class.
American Housewife - "Art Show" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Anna-Kat draws a super plus-sized portrait of Katie for the school art show, Katie sets out to retrieve it by any means necessary. Meanwhile, with Katie away, Doris is left in charge of Oliver and Taylor. She’s determined to whip them into shape with her Tiger Mom skills, but she may have met her match.
Fresh Off the Boat - "Coming From America" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Louis flies the entire family to Taiwan in an effort to make things right with Gene (Ken Jeong). Upon meeting Gene’s beautiful fiancé, Margaret, and seeing the wonderful life he has built for himself, Louis questions whether his life in Orlando is just as great as it could be in Taiwan. Meanwhile, Jessica takes Eddie, Emery and Evan to her favorite childhood locales, including Dihua Street and Shilin Night Market.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Match" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Jimmy recruits a reluctant Kenny to join his wrestling team for a one-time match, a surprise victory gives him the confidence to join the team full time to become the first, openly gay athlete at St. Barklays. Kenny’s newfound stardom makes Jimmy feel a bit replaced, but when an opponent refuses to wrestle his brother, Jimmy puts his feelings aside and rallies the team around Kenny. Meanwhile, Pat injures his back trying to help Eileen prepare for a weekend getaway, but things only get worse when she tries to be the perfect caregiver to impress VP Murray but fails miserably.
New Girl - "The Hike" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
While on a day hike, Jess and Robby (guest star Nelson Franklin) discover something unexpected about their relationship. Also, Winston throws a surprise welcome home party for Aly (guest star Nasim Pedrad). Meanwhile, Schmidt and Cece fail to impress their new neighbors.
The Mick - "The Master" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
All hell breaks loose, as the kids fight over who will take the master bedroom. Also, Mickey pursues a wealthy businessman who quickly discovers that she is not the prize he thought she was.
Teachers - "Stranger Danger" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
There’s a trespasser at Fillmore and a new security guard is hired. Ms. Snap and Ms. Bennigan hold a “Women Empowering Women” workshop, Mrs. Adler takes stranger danger too far, and Ms. Watson purchases a male safety dummy.
Tuesday, January 24
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Catch Retta on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Claudia O'Doherty (Love) - Claudia is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John talks about Patriots Day on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette visits Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jennifer Esposito (Samantha Who?/Spin City) - Jennifer appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina talks about the new Netflix series One Day at a Time on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.