Wednesday, April 28, 2010
8th TV Land Awards Scores Nearly 2 Million Viewers, Best Since 2004; What I Like About You Returns to ABC Family After 3 Weeks
The 8th Annual TV Land Awards averaged 1.7 million viewers, up 53% over last year's show. Among the network's target Adults 25-54 audience, the telecast earned a 0.7 A25-54 rating and 735,000 viewers A25-54, up 35% in rating and +38% in viewers 25-54 versus 2009's show. Among TV Land's core A40-54 demo, the network posted a 1.1 A40-54 rating and 596,000 viewers A40-54, up 33% in both rating and viewers 40-54 over last year's show. And among Women 25-54, TV Land earned a 0.7 W25-54 rating and 387,000 W25-54 watched, up 57% in rating and 56% in W25-54 over 2009's show.
Celebrities from television, film and music came out for the unforgettable show. Appearances included Billy Crystal, Jay Leno, Paula Abdul, Betty White, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick, Bob Newhart, Ryan O'Neal and more. Honorees included the cast of Everybody Loves Raymond (Impact Award), Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner (Legend Award), the cast of Bosom Buddies including Tom Hanks (Anniversary Award), cast members from Glee (Future Classic Award), Charlie's Angels (Pop Culture Award), The Love Boat (Fan Favorite Award) and legendary punk rock band Blondie (Icon Award.) Giving a nod to Future Classic Award winner Glee, the show concluded with a performance by TV Land's very own Glee Club Choir fronted by David Hasselhoff and Marilu Henner performing their own rendition of the song that started the Glee pop culture phenomenon, Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'."
What I Like About You is returning to ABC Family next week after three weeks off the schedule. The Amanda Bynes sitcom will return beginning Monday, May 3, 2010, airing weekdays in the 9am half-hour replacing Grounded for Life. Now, this is not a big deal for Grounded for Life, as recently started airing weekdays in the 4:00 p.m. hour as well.
What I Like About You was airing in the 4:00 p.m. hour up until April 12, when an extra Gilmore Girls was added, but then ABC Family quickly replaced that airing with Grounded for Life.
Keep track of ABC Family schedule changes by clicking on the ABC Family label below.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.