Wednesday, April 28, 2010
8th TV Land Awards Scores Nearly 2 Million Viewers, Best Since 2004; What I Like About You Returns to ABC Family After 3 Weeks
The 8th Annual TV Land Awards averaged 1.7 million viewers, up 53% over last year's show. Among the network's target Adults 25-54 audience, the telecast earned a 0.7 A25-54 rating and 735,000 viewers A25-54, up 35% in rating and +38% in viewers 25-54 versus 2009's show. Among TV Land's core A40-54 demo, the network posted a 1.1 A40-54 rating and 596,000 viewers A40-54, up 33% in both rating and viewers 40-54 over last year's show. And among Women 25-54, TV Land earned a 0.7 W25-54 rating and 387,000 W25-54 watched, up 57% in rating and 56% in W25-54 over 2009's show.
Celebrities from television, film and music came out for the unforgettable show. Appearances included Billy Crystal, Jay Leno, Paula Abdul, Betty White, Jane Leeves, Wendie Malick, Bob Newhart, Ryan O'Neal and more. Honorees included the cast of Everybody Loves Raymond (Impact Award), Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner (Legend Award), the cast of Bosom Buddies including Tom Hanks (Anniversary Award), cast members from Glee (Future Classic Award), Charlie's Angels (Pop Culture Award), The Love Boat (Fan Favorite Award) and legendary punk rock band Blondie (Icon Award.) Giving a nod to Future Classic Award winner Glee, the show concluded with a performance by TV Land's very own Glee Club Choir fronted by David Hasselhoff and Marilu Henner performing their own rendition of the song that started the Glee pop culture phenomenon, Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'."
What I Like About You is returning to ABC Family next week after three weeks off the schedule. The Amanda Bynes sitcom will return beginning Monday, May 3, 2010, airing weekdays in the 9am half-hour replacing Grounded for Life. Now, this is not a big deal for Grounded for Life, as recently started airing weekdays in the 4:00 p.m. hour as well.
What I Like About You was airing in the 4:00 p.m. hour up until April 12, when an extra Gilmore Girls was added, but then ABC Family quickly replaced that airing with Grounded for Life.
Keep track of ABC Family schedule changes by clicking on the ABC Family label below.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 19
Son of Zorn - "The Quest for Craig" (Fox, 7:00M ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Craig runs off to get some perspective on his relationship with Edie, a road trip ensues to bring him back. Meanwhile, Alan’s Zephyrian legs actually make him popular at school, but his desperation to fit in seriously puts off his lady.
The Simpsons - "Trust but Clarify" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
The Simpsons - "The Cad and the Hat" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Bart betrays Lisa, he has to deal with his guilt – literally. Meanwhile, Springfield is in awe when Homer is revealed to be a chess savant.
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 8:30M ET/PT)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Family Guy - "The Finer Strings" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The guys decide to form a string quartet, but Peter doesn’t make the cut. Meanwhile, Brian is forced to be Carter’s seeing eye dog and enjoys the life of luxury a little too much.
Bob's Burgers - "There's No Business Like Mr. Business Business" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Gayle’s (guest star Megan Mullally) cat, Mr. Business, secures pet agent Ian Amberson (guest star John Oliver), Bob finds out that Linda may have been helping to fund the cat’s career. Ever the skeptic, Bob is prepared to shut it down, but learns that Mr. Business could be on the verge of his big break.
Sunday, February 19
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Catch Michael on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.