Friday, March 19, 2010
Spike TV April 2010 Has 'The Unit'; Brady Bunch Special Collection at Illinois State University; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 22, 2010)
In other Spike TV April 2010 schedule news, CSI: NY will now air weekdays from 9am-12pm, followed by the original CSI from 12pm-4pm, followed by originals, then The Unit at 6pm. A mix of originals, CSI and The Unit is at 7pm. In late night, CSI is on some nights at 1am (original encores other nights), 2am now has a mix of Star Trek: Voyager and The Shield, with Unsolved Mysteries moving to 3am but sharing the hour on some nights with Disorderly Conduct: Video on Patrol.
"The Brady Bunch Special Collection" is now at the University Archives at Illinois State University Milner Library in Normal, Illinois.
The Collection was created in January 2010 by Susan Olsen (who played Cindy Brady) and her creative partner Ted Nichelson, when they donated an extensive array of Brady Bunch artifacts which include photographs, slides, scripts, newspaper clippings, magazines, scenic designs, and relevant memorabilia.
The Illinois State University Archives and Special Collections is one of the leading archival institutions in the United States and houses more the 35,000 items. Susan has already donated many items such as letters, scripts, clippings, photos, schedules, audio tapes, etc. The Brady Bunch has had a monumental role in shaping American pop culture and this Collection will ensure that its legacy endures long into the future. They would like to develop an authoritative archive devoted to the Bradys. Fans can contribute to this collection as well. Contact Toni Tucker at the university if you have any items to contribute! Groovy!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 22-26, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 22, 2010
- Betty White (Mary Tyler Moore/Golden Girls) - Betty stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your local listings for time and channel.
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie gives an interview for CBS's The Early Show sometime between 7-9am.
- Ed Asner (Mary Tyler Moore Show, etc.) - Ed stops by Encore with John Palmer on RLTV at 6:30pm.
- Betty Garrett (Laverne & Shirley) - Betty stops by The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV at 2pm ET in this repeat.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family) - The sultry sitcom star will be on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm ET on NBC.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric stops by Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am ET on ABC!
- Clark Duke (Hearts Afire) - This former child sitcom star is now on Greek and theatrical movies, but who knows he might mention his start on sitcoms on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:05am ET since he hasn't been on many talk shows yet.
- Jane Krakowski (30 Rock) - "Krakow" stops by NBC's Today Show in the 10am hour.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
- Tina Fey (30 Rock) - Tina stops by the Late Show with David Letterman on CBS at 11:35pm ET.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Even though Bryan won't likely be mentioning his past sitcom but we will mention he will be on Late Show with David Letterman on CBS at 11:35pm ET.
- Eden Sher, Atticus Shaffer, Charlie McDermott (The Middle) - The kids from the hilarious ABC sitcom stop by TWO of ABC's morning shows first on Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am ET and then The View at 11am ET/10am PT.
- Adrienne Barbeau (Maude) - She stops by Encore with John Palmer on RLTV at 8:30pm ET and encores at 11:30pm ET.
Thursday, March 25, 2010
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Lizzy stops by Last Call With Carson Daly on NBC at 1:35am ET.
Friday, March 26, 2010
- Sofia Vergara (Modern Family) - Yes, this is a repeat, but watch as she will be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your local listings for time and channel.
- Neil Patrick Harris (Doogie Howser/How I Met Your Mother) - This is a REPEAT from November, but catch him on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly again. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - He will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, on NBC at 12:35am ET but probably not talking about his former sitcom dad role.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 27
The Big Bang Theory - "The Dependence Transcedence" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Tensions rise when the boys struggle to complete their government project on time and Sheldon tries an energy drink to stay awake. Also, Penny and Amy go to a “party” at Bert (Brian Posehn) the geologist’s house, and Kooothrappali learns Bernadette’s true feelings about her pregnancy when they clean out the future baby room. Dean Norris returns as Air Force Representative Colonel Williams.
Man with a Plan - "Assisted Living" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam's parents visit unannounced, they reveal surprising plans for their future living arrangements. Emmy Award winner Swoosie Kurtz and Stacy Keach guest star as Bev and Joe, Adam and Don’s parents.
Superior Donuts - "Takin' It to the Streets" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Franco and Sweatpants discover their new landlord, Fawz, wants to convert their apartment building into luxury condos, they decide to organize a protest. Also, Randy realizes she needs to be nicer to James in order to get a good recommendation for her sergeant’s exam.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Dad Day Afternoon" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Han’s new therapist suggests that Max needs to confront her “daddy issues” and fear of intimacy, she reluctantly heads to Rhode Island to track down her birth father with the diner gang in tow. Also, Oleg is up in arms when Sophie wants him to help out around the house.
Monday, February 27
- Keri Russell (Running Wilde) - Watch Keri on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Slink Johnson (Black Jesus) - Slick is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh appears on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo. He also talks about The Arrangement on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- David Hyde Pierce (Frasier) - David chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Leighton Meester (Making History) - Leighton stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Holly Robinson Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/For Your Love) - Holly visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- John Lithgow (Trial & Error/Twenty Good Years/3rd Rock from the Sun) - John talks about Trial & Error on NBC's Today in the 9am hour and on the AOL Build Show at 1:30pm.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Billy dishes on how This is Us is following in Mike & Molly’s footsteps – and why both shows are so beloved on People Now at 8:30am.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) and Craig Robinson (The Office) - Lisa and Craig talk about their new film Table 19 on the AOL Build Show at 2:30pm.
- Sinbad (A Different World/The Sinbad Show) - Sinbad is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Bradley Whitford (Trophy Wife) - Bradley visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Craig Robinson (The Office/Mr. Robinson) - Craig appears on The Real, so check your local listings.