Monday, March 22, 2010
Nick at Nite April 2010 Highlights; Ritter Rules Created to Help Prevent Aortic Health Issues, Join Facebook Page
Highlights wise, the weekend of April 3-4 will see some movies air. On Saturday, April 3 from 9-11pm ET/PT (and again on Sunday, April 4 from 7-9pm), the movie What A Girl Wants airs. The movie is about a 17-year old free spirit Daphne Reynolds (Amanda Bynes), raised by her equally free-spirited mother, goes to England to meet her father, who turns out to be a wealthy aristocrat (Colin Firth). Daphne then must struggle with a snobby half-sister and with following the social obligations expected of her while maintaining her own identity. Also airing is an encore of the movie Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging on Sunday, April 4 from 9-11pm ET/PT.
Finally, an all-new episode of Glenn Martin, DDS will air Monday, April 12 at 8pm. A special airing of that episode will also air on Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 8pm. I do not have episode details yet, but it seems it will be a Tax Day related episode since it is airing on Tax Day. Stay with us for more.
For now, view the full Nick at Nite April 2010 schedule and highlights.
As you all know here John Ritter passed away in 2003 of a torn aorta and a large aneurysm, but he was treated for a heart attack, and died later that night. In a lawsuit that followed his death, the family's lawyers claimed his life could have been saved. After John passed away, his widow, actress Amy Yasbeck, started looking for information on the condition that killed him. She began searching online and making connections with people who've been affected by similar heart conditions.
Since then, Amy has created the John Ritter Foundation for Aortic Health (which we have mentioned many times here and we here at SitcomsOnline are big supporters of) and campaigns for greater public awareness of the disease with The Thoracic Aortic Disease (TAD) Coalition.
Amy Yasbeck was on the CBS morning program The Early Show last week announcing "The Ritter Rules." The rules will help people with detection and treatment of the disease. Dr. Dianna Milewicz, of the University of Texas Medical School, who developed "The Ritter Rules" also appeared on the broadcast. View the video of this interview, especially if you missed it.
And next week (March 31), the Foundation will have a new design to its website. Recently, the Foundation joined Facebook, and as of this writing, has over 840 fans already. And many people are being helped and guided who have this condition or knows someone who does! It is just amazing. Amy is personally assisting everyone! John's name is going into a good cause and is going to save many lives for years to come! What better way to preserve John Ritter's memory! PLEASE be a fan of The John Ritter Foundation for Aortic Health on Facebook! It really is making a difference and I'm so proud to promote this!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, January 17
The Middle - "Pitch Imperfect" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Axl begins to panic when he realizes that he only has four months of college left before he graduates, and he hasn’t sent out any job resumes – something he should have started when he was a junior. Meanwhile, Brad agrees to lead Sue’s no-cut a cappella group as they enter a music competition, and Brick desperately asks for Frankie and Mike’s advice when girlfriend Cindy tells him that he reads too much, and if he doesn’t stop, she’ll break up with him.
American Housewife - "Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Oliver tells his parents that he’s so embarrassed by their modest house that he’d rather not have a birthday party at all. Katie decides to teach him a lesson by ambushing him with a surprise party at home with all his wealthy friends.
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Best of Orlando" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Louis is named “Small Businessman of the Year,” Jessica is overflowing with pride and invites everyone they know to join them at the awards ceremony. But when Louis forgets to thank Jessica during his acceptance speech, he suffers the repercussions at home. Meanwhile, Eddie, Emery and Grandma start their own clothing line and quickly discover the challenges of running their own small business.
The Real O'Neals - "The Real Acceptance" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Kenny and Brett officially become a couple, Kenny starts to think of plan on how he should break the news to his parents. Meanwhile, Jimmy surprises everyone when he scores a high SAT score, forcing Eileen to hold up her end of a deal that she had previously made and takes Jimmy car shopping.
New Girl - "Cece's Boys" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jess tries to find a new vice principal, she discovers that she has a real problem when it comes to making decisions. Meanwhile, Cece enlists Jess and Reagan to help her recruit new models, and the guys are in for a surprise when they enjoy a day at the spa.
The Mick - "The Fire" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Mickey tries to quit smoking. Meanwhile, Ben meets a new friend.
Teachers - "First Day Back" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
As the teachers return from summer break, Ms. Watson tries an ultra premium online dating service and Ms. Snap learns that she’s been given the worst group of kids in school. Mrs. Adler is assigned to a mobile classroom.
Tuesday, January 17
- Katy Mixon (American Housewife/Mike & Molly) - Catch Katy on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Billy Eichner (Difficult People) - Billy is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Patrick Warburton (Crowded/Rules of Engagement/Less Than Perfect) - Patrick stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York.
- Anders Holm (Workaholics) - Anders is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Rory Scovel (Ground Floor) - Rory appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/Life with Louie/The Louie Show) - Louie drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother/Stark Raving Mad/Doogie Howser, M.D.) - Neil joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym visits Cleveland on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.