Monday, March 22, 2010
Nick at Nite April 2010 Highlights; Ritter Rules Created to Help Prevent Aortic Health Issues, Join Facebook Page
Highlights wise, the weekend of April 3-4 will see some movies air. On Saturday, April 3 from 9-11pm ET/PT (and again on Sunday, April 4 from 7-9pm), the movie What A Girl Wants airs. The movie is about a 17-year old free spirit Daphne Reynolds (Amanda Bynes), raised by her equally free-spirited mother, goes to England to meet her father, who turns out to be a wealthy aristocrat (Colin Firth). Daphne then must struggle with a snobby half-sister and with following the social obligations expected of her while maintaining her own identity. Also airing is an encore of the movie Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging on Sunday, April 4 from 9-11pm ET/PT.
Finally, an all-new episode of Glenn Martin, DDS will air Monday, April 12 at 8pm. A special airing of that episode will also air on Thursday, April 15, 2010 at 8pm. I do not have episode details yet, but it seems it will be a Tax Day related episode since it is airing on Tax Day. Stay with us for more.
For now, view the full Nick at Nite April 2010 schedule and highlights.
As you all know here John Ritter passed away in 2003 of a torn aorta and a large aneurysm, but he was treated for a heart attack, and died later that night. In a lawsuit that followed his death, the family's lawyers claimed his life could have been saved. After John passed away, his widow, actress Amy Yasbeck, started looking for information on the condition that killed him. She began searching online and making connections with people who've been affected by similar heart conditions.
Since then, Amy has created the John Ritter Foundation for Aortic Health (which we have mentioned many times here and we here at SitcomsOnline are big supporters of) and campaigns for greater public awareness of the disease with The Thoracic Aortic Disease (TAD) Coalition.
Amy Yasbeck was on the CBS morning program The Early Show last week announcing "The Ritter Rules." The rules will help people with detection and treatment of the disease. Dr. Dianna Milewicz, of the University of Texas Medical School, who developed "The Ritter Rules" also appeared on the broadcast. View the video of this interview, especially if you missed it.
And next week (March 31), the Foundation will have a new design to its website. Recently, the Foundation joined Facebook, and as of this writing, has over 840 fans already. And many people are being helped and guided who have this condition or knows someone who does! It is just amazing. Amy is personally assisting everyone! John's name is going into a good cause and is going to save many lives for years to come! What better way to preserve John Ritter's memory! PLEASE be a fan of The John Ritter Foundation for Aortic Health on Facebook! It really is making a difference and I'm so proud to promote this!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.