Friday, March 05, 2010
NBC Summer 2010 Plans; BET Re-Acquires In Living Color; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 8, 2010)
NBC announced the Emmy change along with premiere dates for the returning series America's Got Talent and Last Comic Standing, and two new scripted shows - the multi-camera comedy 100 Questions and the mystery Persons Unknown.
America's Got Talent will return featuring new judge Howie Mandel with a two-hour debut Tuesday, June 1 from 8-10pm, and a Wednesday edition premiering the following night (June 2) at 9pm. Talent then would be reduced to 9pm on Tuesdays starting June 8. It is unclear what will air at 8pm, but Law & Order repeats will air in the Tuesday 10pm hour. As for Wednesdays, Talent repeats will air at 8pm and Law & Order: SVU repeats at 10pm starting June 9.
Last Comic Standing, with new host Craig Robinson (The Office) also will return with a two-hour premiere Monday, June 7 from 8-10pm, then transition to its usual time slot at 9 pm Mondays. Repeats of Comic will air at 8pm starting the following week and new drama Persons Unknown will air at 10pm. Read more on that below.
Sitcom 100 Questions stars Charlotte Payne as a woman taking a 100-question dating-compatibility test, with each question causing her to recall a humorous story from her past. The show debuts at 8:30 pm Thursday, May 27 but will be airing alongside comedy repeats on Thursdays. Smells like a burn-off as it was originally slated for the regular season.
Drama Persons Unknown stars Alan Ruck and Jason Wiles and is about a group of strangers who come together to solve a puzzle. The drama debuts at 10 pm Monday, June 7 right after Last Comic Standing.
Encore episodes from Season 9 of Law & Order: Criminal Intent (which will premiere in the spring on USA Network,) will run on NBC starting at 10 pm Sunday, June 20 following repeats of Law & Order at 9pm. Dateline will usually air Sundays 7-9pm. Other Sunday programming has the half-hour special The Making of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which gives viewers a sneak peak of the Universal Orlando Resort's new theme park attraction, runs Sunday, June 6 at 7pm and the annual The Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular, which is set for Sunday, July 4 in the 9pm hour.
The two-hour adventure movie The Jensen Project, will air Friday, July 16 from 8-10pm. The usual Friday summer schedule will have Friday Night Lights at 8pm and Dateline from 9-11pm.
View the FULL NBC summer schedule in a list form.
Last night NBC had the birth of Jim and Pam's baby on The Office. It probably didn't match-up no where near the top TV sitcom births of all-time. Our friends at TVTango.com has a cool list of the top 10 TV births of all-time! See who made the cut at TVTango.com!
Also, while we're talking about NBC Thursday, their comedies are not as good now as they have been in the past and our friend Eric of JustMyShow.com has started a Facebook page to rally NBC to air its classic Thursday night lineup for one night! Yes, that means The Cosby Show, Family Ties, Cheers, Night Court and Hill Street Blues. WGN America aired that line-up (minus Night Court) for one night in September and it brought back such good memories! Be a fan of this Facebook page and maybe NBC will do it (yeah right, they are making terrible decisions so of course not).
In other news, BET has re-acquired the '90s sketch comedy series In Living Color. Actually, they quietly added the show last Saturday (Feb. 27) and are airing it every Saturday morning. The series will usually air on BET from 9am-12pm on Saturdays.
We did a special preview of a new blog feature here at SitcomsOnline called "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" last Saturday, now every Friday we will bring you the listings of Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows for the coming week starting today. To recap, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 8-12, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 8, 2010
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends) - Lisa stops by The Martha Stewart Show continuing her rounds for her NBC reality series that she is producing. Check local listings for time and channel.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
- Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) - He will be on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:05am ET on ABC discussing his ABC sitcom.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends) - She will be promoting her NBC produced series on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am ET on CBS. ALSO, she will be on The Oprah Winfrey Show. Check local listings for time and channe.
- Adhir Kaylan (Rules of Engagement) - Adhir will be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am ET on CBS.
- Andy Richter (various sitcoms) - Andy guest co-hosts with Kelly Ripa on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Betty White (Mary Tyler Moore Show/Golden Girls) - This is a repeat of her appearance on The Bonnie Hunt Show from February. Check local listings.
- Pat Harrington, Jr. (One Day at a Time) - He stops by The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV (Retirement Living TV) at 2pm ET.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
- Bill Engvall (The Bill Engvall Show) - Bill stops by The Bonnie Hunt Show. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Jack Klugman (The Odd Couple) - Jack stops to chat on The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV at 10pm ET.
- Conchata Ferrell (Two and a Half Men) - She also is a guest on The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV at 10pm ET.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/Valerie) - She will be on ABC's Good Morning America this morning at 7am ET.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - He drops by to see the ladies of The View at 11am ET/10am PT on ABC
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry guest co-hosts with Kelly Ripa on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly. Check your local listings for time and channel. He will also appear on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm on Comedy Central.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock) - This is a repeat appearance of him on The Bonnie Hunt Show from February. Check local listings.
- Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time) - She will be on Larry King Live on CNN at 9pm ET to discuss addiction.
- Nancy Dussault (Too Close for Comfort) - She stops by The Florence Henderson Show at 2pm on RLTV.
- James Avery (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - The sitcom star stops by The Florence Henderson Show at 2pm on RLTV.
- Marla Gibbs (The Jeffersons/227) - The legendary Marla Gibbs stops by the 10pm edition (encores at 1am ET) of The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV! There's no place this show, child!
Friday, March 12, 2010
- Jason Sudekis (The Cleveland Show/SNL) - He will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC at 12:35am ET.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker/Bored to Death)- He will be on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, but probably talking about Damages. Check local listings for time and channel.
Leave us comments on our message board or Tweet/Facebook us to let us know what you think of this new feature! We do listen!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 26
The Simpsons - "Dad Behavior" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer finds a new app that makes his life much easier and outsources his father-son bonding. Meanwhile, Grampa finds that he is about to be a father again.
Bob's Burgers - "Aquaticism" / "Ain't Miss Debatin'" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher children devise a scheme to keep it running. Meanwhile, Bob realizes that he could learn a thing or two from Linda’s customer service skills. Then, when Tina is recruited by the debate team, she finds unexpected success and an even more unexpected relationship. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to help fund a stop-motion movie focusing on a surprising subject matter.
Making History - "Chadwick's Angels" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In need of a victory, the trio heads back to the 1990s to give Dan another shot at his childhood dream: finishing the infamous “Bellybuster” ice cream sundae at a local parlor. As Deb bonds with the parlor’s owner, Chris is on a mission to save a life in honor of his late British friend. But all of their plans are derailed when Dan runs into the bully that tormented him.
Family Guy - "Peter's Lost Youth" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter gets jealous of Lois when she upstages him at a Red Sox fantasy baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home when Meg is left to babysit him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Find This Thing We Need To" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol makes a big discovery, enlisting Tandy and Erica to help her track down some answers. Meanwhile, Todd has a major breakthrough with Melissa.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.