Friday, March 05, 2010
NBC Summer 2010 Plans; BET Re-Acquires In Living Color; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 8, 2010)
NBC announced the Emmy change along with premiere dates for the returning series America's Got Talent and Last Comic Standing, and two new scripted shows - the multi-camera comedy 100 Questions and the mystery Persons Unknown.
America's Got Talent will return featuring new judge Howie Mandel with a two-hour debut Tuesday, June 1 from 8-10pm, and a Wednesday edition premiering the following night (June 2) at 9pm. Talent then would be reduced to 9pm on Tuesdays starting June 8. It is unclear what will air at 8pm, but Law & Order repeats will air in the Tuesday 10pm hour. As for Wednesdays, Talent repeats will air at 8pm and Law & Order: SVU repeats at 10pm starting June 9.
Last Comic Standing, with new host Craig Robinson (The Office) also will return with a two-hour premiere Monday, June 7 from 8-10pm, then transition to its usual time slot at 9 pm Mondays. Repeats of Comic will air at 8pm starting the following week and new drama Persons Unknown will air at 10pm. Read more on that below.
Sitcom 100 Questions stars Charlotte Payne as a woman taking a 100-question dating-compatibility test, with each question causing her to recall a humorous story from her past. The show debuts at 8:30 pm Thursday, May 27 but will be airing alongside comedy repeats on Thursdays. Smells like a burn-off as it was originally slated for the regular season.
Drama Persons Unknown stars Alan Ruck and Jason Wiles and is about a group of strangers who come together to solve a puzzle. The drama debuts at 10 pm Monday, June 7 right after Last Comic Standing.
Encore episodes from Season 9 of Law & Order: Criminal Intent (which will premiere in the spring on USA Network,) will run on NBC starting at 10 pm Sunday, June 20 following repeats of Law & Order at 9pm. Dateline will usually air Sundays 7-9pm. Other Sunday programming has the half-hour special The Making of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which gives viewers a sneak peak of the Universal Orlando Resort's new theme park attraction, runs Sunday, June 6 at 7pm and the annual The Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular, which is set for Sunday, July 4 in the 9pm hour.
The two-hour adventure movie The Jensen Project, will air Friday, July 16 from 8-10pm. The usual Friday summer schedule will have Friday Night Lights at 8pm and Dateline from 9-11pm.
View the FULL NBC summer schedule in a list form.
Last night NBC had the birth of Jim and Pam's baby on The Office. It probably didn't match-up no where near the top TV sitcom births of all-time. Our friends at TVTango.com has a cool list of the top 10 TV births of all-time! See who made the cut at TVTango.com!
Also, while we're talking about NBC Thursday, their comedies are not as good now as they have been in the past and our friend Eric of JustMyShow.com has started a Facebook page to rally NBC to air its classic Thursday night lineup for one night! Yes, that means The Cosby Show, Family Ties, Cheers, Night Court and Hill Street Blues. WGN America aired that line-up (minus Night Court) for one night in September and it brought back such good memories! Be a fan of this Facebook page and maybe NBC will do it (yeah right, they are making terrible decisions so of course not).
In other news, BET has re-acquired the '90s sketch comedy series In Living Color. Actually, they quietly added the show last Saturday (Feb. 27) and are airing it every Saturday morning. The series will usually air on BET from 9am-12pm on Saturdays.
We did a special preview of a new blog feature here at SitcomsOnline called "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" last Saturday, now every Friday we will bring you the listings of Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows for the coming week starting today. To recap, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 8-12, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 8, 2010
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends) - Lisa stops by The Martha Stewart Show continuing her rounds for her NBC reality series that she is producing. Check local listings for time and channel.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
- Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) - He will be on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:05am ET on ABC discussing his ABC sitcom.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends) - She will be promoting her NBC produced series on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am ET on CBS. ALSO, she will be on The Oprah Winfrey Show. Check local listings for time and channe.
- Adhir Kaylan (Rules of Engagement) - Adhir will be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am ET on CBS.
- Andy Richter (various sitcoms) - Andy guest co-hosts with Kelly Ripa on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Betty White (Mary Tyler Moore Show/Golden Girls) - This is a repeat of her appearance on The Bonnie Hunt Show from February. Check local listings.
- Pat Harrington, Jr. (One Day at a Time) - He stops by The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV (Retirement Living TV) at 2pm ET.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
- Bill Engvall (The Bill Engvall Show) - Bill stops by The Bonnie Hunt Show. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Jack Klugman (The Odd Couple) - Jack stops to chat on The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV at 10pm ET.
- Conchata Ferrell (Two and a Half Men) - She also is a guest on The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV at 10pm ET.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/Valerie) - She will be on ABC's Good Morning America this morning at 7am ET.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - He drops by to see the ladies of The View at 11am ET/10am PT on ABC
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry guest co-hosts with Kelly Ripa on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly. Check your local listings for time and channel. He will also appear on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm on Comedy Central.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock) - This is a repeat appearance of him on The Bonnie Hunt Show from February. Check local listings.
- Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time) - She will be on Larry King Live on CNN at 9pm ET to discuss addiction.
- Nancy Dussault (Too Close for Comfort) - She stops by The Florence Henderson Show at 2pm on RLTV.
- James Avery (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - The sitcom star stops by The Florence Henderson Show at 2pm on RLTV.
- Marla Gibbs (The Jeffersons/227) - The legendary Marla Gibbs stops by the 10pm edition (encores at 1am ET) of The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV! There's no place this show, child!
Friday, March 12, 2010
- Jason Sudekis (The Cleveland Show/SNL) - He will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC at 12:35am ET.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker/Bored to Death)- He will be on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, but probably talking about Damages. Check local listings for time and channel.
Leave us comments on our message board or Tweet/Facebook us to let us know what you think of this new feature! We do listen!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, October 21
Last Man Standing - "Trick or Treat" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It’s Halloween and the Baxter family is excited for their annual party, except for Mike who’s reluctantly tasked with choosing the theme. In hopes of turning everyone against the holiday, Mike decides that maybe if the whole family has to dress up like each other they’ll end up making fun of one another. Eve dresses up like Mandy and Mandy dresses down like Eve, Kristin and Ryan swap roles, and Mike shows up to the party as… Donald Trump!? The impersonating turns into bickering but in the end, the Baxters come together to support Vanessa as she learns that she’s being laid off.
Dr. Ken - "D.K.'s Korean Ghost Story" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
On Halloween, Allison is disappointed the holiday doesn’t seem to scare Dave anymore, meaning her little boy is growing up, perhaps too fast. But that might change after D.K. tells a scary Korean gwishin (ghost) story. The Park family, as well as the gang at Welltopia, bring the story to life playing the various gwishins.
Tyler Perry's For Better or Worse - "Jack" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Marcus deals with the loss of one of his former teammates.
Friday, October 21
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Matthew on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah talks about Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 1:15pm.
- Lindsay Sloane (The Odd Couple/The Stones/Mr. Rhodes) - Lindsay visits Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) and Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Tom and Ron will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian talks about King Cobra on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Netflix's Good Girls Revolt on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jennifer Grey (Red Oaks/It's Like, You Know...) - Jennifer joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Thomas Lennon (The Odd Couple/Sean Saves the World/Reno 911!) and Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Thomas and Jason are guests on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Red Oaks/Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.