Friday, March 05, 2010
NBC Summer 2010 Plans; BET Re-Acquires In Living Color; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 8, 2010)
NBC announced the Emmy change along with premiere dates for the returning series America's Got Talent and Last Comic Standing, and two new scripted shows - the multi-camera comedy 100 Questions and the mystery Persons Unknown.
America's Got Talent will return featuring new judge Howie Mandel with a two-hour debut Tuesday, June 1 from 8-10pm, and a Wednesday edition premiering the following night (June 2) at 9pm. Talent then would be reduced to 9pm on Tuesdays starting June 8. It is unclear what will air at 8pm, but Law & Order repeats will air in the Tuesday 10pm hour. As for Wednesdays, Talent repeats will air at 8pm and Law & Order: SVU repeats at 10pm starting June 9.
Last Comic Standing, with new host Craig Robinson (The Office) also will return with a two-hour premiere Monday, June 7 from 8-10pm, then transition to its usual time slot at 9 pm Mondays. Repeats of Comic will air at 8pm starting the following week and new drama Persons Unknown will air at 10pm. Read more on that below.
Sitcom 100 Questions stars Charlotte Payne as a woman taking a 100-question dating-compatibility test, with each question causing her to recall a humorous story from her past. The show debuts at 8:30 pm Thursday, May 27 but will be airing alongside comedy repeats on Thursdays. Smells like a burn-off as it was originally slated for the regular season.
Drama Persons Unknown stars Alan Ruck and Jason Wiles and is about a group of strangers who come together to solve a puzzle. The drama debuts at 10 pm Monday, June 7 right after Last Comic Standing.
Encore episodes from Season 9 of Law & Order: Criminal Intent (which will premiere in the spring on USA Network,) will run on NBC starting at 10 pm Sunday, June 20 following repeats of Law & Order at 9pm. Dateline will usually air Sundays 7-9pm. Other Sunday programming has the half-hour special The Making of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, which gives viewers a sneak peak of the Universal Orlando Resort's new theme park attraction, runs Sunday, June 6 at 7pm and the annual The Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular, which is set for Sunday, July 4 in the 9pm hour.
The two-hour adventure movie The Jensen Project, will air Friday, July 16 from 8-10pm. The usual Friday summer schedule will have Friday Night Lights at 8pm and Dateline from 9-11pm.
View the FULL NBC summer schedule in a list form.
Last night NBC had the birth of Jim and Pam's baby on The Office. It probably didn't match-up no where near the top TV sitcom births of all-time. Our friends at TVTango.com has a cool list of the top 10 TV births of all-time! See who made the cut at TVTango.com!
Also, while we're talking about NBC Thursday, their comedies are not as good now as they have been in the past and our friend Eric of JustMyShow.com has started a Facebook page to rally NBC to air its classic Thursday night lineup for one night! Yes, that means The Cosby Show, Family Ties, Cheers, Night Court and Hill Street Blues. WGN America aired that line-up (minus Night Court) for one night in September and it brought back such good memories! Be a fan of this Facebook page and maybe NBC will do it (yeah right, they are making terrible decisions so of course not).
In other news, BET has re-acquired the '90s sketch comedy series In Living Color. Actually, they quietly added the show last Saturday (Feb. 27) and are airing it every Saturday morning. The series will usually air on BET from 9am-12pm on Saturdays.
We did a special preview of a new blog feature here at SitcomsOnline called "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" last Saturday, now every Friday we will bring you the listings of Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows for the coming week starting today. To recap, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 8-12, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 8, 2010
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends) - Lisa stops by The Martha Stewart Show continuing her rounds for her NBC reality series that she is producing. Check local listings for time and channel.
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
- Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) - He will be on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:05am ET on ABC discussing his ABC sitcom.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends) - She will be promoting her NBC produced series on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am ET on CBS. ALSO, she will be on The Oprah Winfrey Show. Check local listings for time and channe.
- Adhir Kaylan (Rules of Engagement) - Adhir will be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am ET on CBS.
- Andy Richter (various sitcoms) - Andy guest co-hosts with Kelly Ripa on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Betty White (Mary Tyler Moore Show/Golden Girls) - This is a repeat of her appearance on The Bonnie Hunt Show from February. Check local listings.
- Pat Harrington, Jr. (One Day at a Time) - He stops by The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV (Retirement Living TV) at 2pm ET.
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
- Bill Engvall (The Bill Engvall Show) - Bill stops by The Bonnie Hunt Show. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Jack Klugman (The Odd Couple) - Jack stops to chat on The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV at 10pm ET.
- Conchata Ferrell (Two and a Half Men) - She also is a guest on The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV at 10pm ET.
Thursday, March 11, 2010
- Valerie Harper (Rhoda/Valerie) - She will be on ABC's Good Morning America this morning at 7am ET.
- Eric McCormack (Will & Grace) - He drops by to see the ladies of The View at 11am ET/10am PT on ABC
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry guest co-hosts with Kelly Ripa on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly. Check your local listings for time and channel. He will also appear on The Daily Show with Jon Stewart at 11pm on Comedy Central.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock) - This is a repeat appearance of him on The Bonnie Hunt Show from February. Check local listings.
- Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time) - She will be on Larry King Live on CNN at 9pm ET to discuss addiction.
- Nancy Dussault (Too Close for Comfort) - She stops by The Florence Henderson Show at 2pm on RLTV.
- James Avery (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - The sitcom star stops by The Florence Henderson Show at 2pm on RLTV.
- Marla Gibbs (The Jeffersons/227) - The legendary Marla Gibbs stops by the 10pm edition (encores at 1am ET) of The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV! There's no place this show, child!
Friday, March 12, 2010
- Jason Sudekis (The Cleveland Show/SNL) - He will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC at 12:35am ET.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker/Bored to Death)- He will be on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly, but probably talking about Damages. Check local listings for time and channel.
Leave us comments on our message board or Tweet/Facebook us to let us know what you think of this new feature! We do listen!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, April 30
Bob's Burgers - "Like Gene for Chocolate" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Gene learns that the formula for his favorite chocolate has changed, he works with the head of the company in an attempt to remedy the situation. Meanwhile, Bob gets wrapped up in one of Teddy’s less-than-perfect plans.
Bob's Burgers - "Thelma & Louise Except Thelma Is Linda" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
After Louise gets in trouble at school, Linda is forced to meet with Mr. Frond (guest voice David Herman) and potentially could lose her hard-earned position as the Wagstaff bake sale leader. When she finds out that her daughter was actually trying to help another student, Linda is torn between following school policy or her own moral code.
The Simpsons - "Looking for Mr. Goodbart" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bart gets in trouble on Grandparents Day at school and is forced to hang out with Skinner’s mother as punishment. After spending time with various grandmas in the neighborhood, he learns the benefits of hanging out with the elderly, but eventually recognizes the dangers of taking advantage of them. Meanwhile, Peekimon Get has taken over the town of Springfield.
Making History - "Night Cream" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
With the ever-present threat of losing tenure looming over him, Chris reaches out to John Hancock and Samuel Adams to help spice things up in the classroom in 2017. Meanwhile, Deb's dream of re-opening Chadwick's ice cream parlor is finally coming to fruition, but Dan has a few marketing ideas of his own.
Family Guy - "The Peter Principal" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter becomes the temporary principal at the high school, and Meg uses his new power to get even with her bullies. Meanwhile, Brian and Stewie open a bed & breakfast that quickly turns into a brothel.
The Last Man on Earth - "The Big Day" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Tandy and Gail face off in a major disagreement, on which the whole group must weigh in, and Carol is forced to choose a side. Meanwhile, Melissa, Todd and Erica each have major milestone moments.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.
- Jodie Sweetin (Hollywood Darlings/Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.