Friday, March 12, 2010
Centric Adds A-Team, Proud Family Weekend Stunts; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 15, 2010)
The following weekend (March 20-21), Centric will air a block of the animated comedy The Proud Family! That series has aired on and off on sister network BET since January 2009. The series is actually a Disney Channel original and aired on Disney from 2001-2005. Anyway, Centric doesn't air the series as a regular, so this is indeed a special marathon. The stunt will air Saturday, March 20 from 12pm-6pm and again Sunday, March 21 from 9am-3pm. Stay with us if they ever add any regular airings for this show, but for now enjoy this special stunt!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 15-19, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 15, 2010
- Todd Bridges (Diff'rent Strokes) - Todd stops by the Today show on NBC during the 9am hour promoting his new book, Killing Willis. And then later on he heads to CNN to go on Larry King Live at 9pm ET.
- Toni Collette (United States of Tara) - Ms. Collette stops by NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35am ET.
- Dominic Fumusa (Nurse Jackie) - Dominic gives some party recipes on The Martha Stewart Show. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Portia de Rossi (Better off Ted) - Portia and her wife Ellen DeGeneres are both on Oprah, check local listing for time and channel. This is a repeat from November.
- Jason Alexander (Seinfeld) - Jason stops by The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV at 2pm ET in this repeat.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
- Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains) - He will be on the Today show during the 10am hour on NBC during a Hollywood Heartthrobs week segment.
- Betty White (Mary Tyler Moore Show/Golden Girls) - Betty will be on NBC's The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm ET probably discussing her upcoming appearance on SNL in May.
- Todd Bridges (Diff'rent Strokes) - Todd will be on two shows. First, The Wendy Williams Show to discuss his book. Check local listings and it will also air nationally on BET at 12am ET. And then also The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 9pm ET.
- Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time) - She stops by ABC's Good Morning America to talk about her new book sometime between 7-9am ET on ABC.
- Peter Mark Richman (Three's Company) - He played Chrissy's father on Three's Company and appeared on many other classic series (but mostly dramas), he stops by The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV (Retirement Living TV) at 10pm ET.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
- Alan Thicke (Growing Pains) - The previous day his co-star Kirk Cameron was on, now this TV dad will stop by the Today show during the 10am hour part of Hollywood Heartthrobs week.
- Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) - This is a repeat from last week, but watch Josh again on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC at 12:05am ET.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family) - The hilarious Ty Burrell will drop by The Ellen DeGeneres Show to bring laughs, check local listings for time and channel.
- Betty White (Mary Tyler Moore Show/Golden Girls) - Betty stops by to chat on Larry King Live at 9pm ET on CNN.
- Tina Louise (Gilligan's Island) - Tina stops by Encore with John Palmer on RLTV at 12pm ET.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
- Toni Collette (United States of Tara) - Ms. Collette stops by LIVE! with Regis & Kelly this morning. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Peter drops by and we discover a new dish on The Martha Stewart Show but you'll have to check your local listings for time and channel..
- Tim Conway (McHale's Navy/Carol Burnett Show) - The legendary Tim Conway stops by the 10pm edition (encores at 1am ET) of The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV! But this is a repeat.
Friday, March 19, 2010
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie will be on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your local listings for time an channel.
- Toni Collette (United States of Tara) - Ms. Collette cooks up a healthy meal on The Martha Stewart Show. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker/Bored to Death) - He will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, on NBC at 12:35am ET but probably talking about Damages.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends) - Lisa stops by The Bonnie Hunt Show to talk about her NBC reality series she is producing. Check local listings.
- Norman Lear (legendary producer) - The legendary Norman Lear appears on The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV at 2pm ET on this repeat.
- Carl Reiner (Dick Van Dyke Show) - Another legend goes on The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV, this time the 10pm ET edition.
- Susan Sullivan (Dharma & Greg) - Susan also appears on The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV at 10pm ET to discuss her impressive TV resume.
Leave us comments on our message board or Tweet/Facebook us to let us know what you think of this new feature! We do listen!
SITCOMS AIRING TONIGHT (May 22)
The Middle - "The Graduation" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
As graduation day approaches, tension begins to build between Frankie and Axl when he ignores her requests for answers about the graduation party she's planning for his special day. Meanwhile, Sue hopes that the sixth time's the charm as she once again attempts to pass her driver's test; and during his final days of elementary school, a forgetful Brick is reminded by Vice Principal Dunlap (Marion Ross) that he's the class historian and is responsible for putting together a slideshow highlighting the last four years of school for the school assembly.
Modern Family - "Mistery Date" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Claire takes Manny and Luke along to Alex's academic decathlon for the weekend, Phil attempts to throw together a boys' night at the house, inviting a fellow Bulldog alum (guest star Matthew Broderick) he just met -- but their wires are definitely crossed. Meanwhile, the pressure is on for Alex at the decathlon, Manny and Luke bar mitzvah hop at the hotel trying to find a cute girl, and Cam and Mitch arrange for quite the surprise baby gift for Jay and Gloria.
Modern Family - "Goodnight, Gracie" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Season Finale)
Everyone flies down to Florida to be with Phil after his mom's passing. Claire helps Phil with Gracie's last wish for Frank, and the kids reflect on the gifts grandma left for them. Gloria has to contend with an outstanding arrest warrant in Florida, Cam finds himself fitting right into an elderly women's group at Frank's retirement community, and Jay runs into a pivotal person from his past. Read our review.
How to Live with Your Parents (for the Rest of Your Life) - "How to Live with Your Parents for the Rest of Your Life" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Max stressing out over the opening of his second comedy club, and a lawsuit that comes with it, Max and Polly are butting heads - with Max eating anything in sight to calm his nerves. Meanwhile, Polly helps Julian figure out his feelings for his new girlfriend.