Friday, March 12, 2010
Centric Adds A-Team, Proud Family Weekend Stunts; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 15, 2010)
The following weekend (March 20-21), Centric will air a block of the animated comedy The Proud Family! That series has aired on and off on sister network BET since January 2009. The series is actually a Disney Channel original and aired on Disney from 2001-2005. Anyway, Centric doesn't air the series as a regular, so this is indeed a special marathon. The stunt will air Saturday, March 20 from 12pm-6pm and again Sunday, March 21 from 9am-3pm. Stay with us if they ever add any regular airings for this show, but for now enjoy this special stunt!
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 15-19, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 15, 2010
- Todd Bridges (Diff'rent Strokes) - Todd stops by the Today show on NBC during the 9am hour promoting his new book, Killing Willis. And then later on he heads to CNN to go on Larry King Live at 9pm ET.
- Toni Collette (United States of Tara) - Ms. Collette stops by NBC's Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:35am ET.
- Dominic Fumusa (Nurse Jackie) - Dominic gives some party recipes on The Martha Stewart Show. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Portia de Rossi (Better off Ted) - Portia and her wife Ellen DeGeneres are both on Oprah, check local listing for time and channel. This is a repeat from November.
- Jason Alexander (Seinfeld) - Jason stops by The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV at 2pm ET in this repeat.
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
- Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains) - He will be on the Today show during the 10am hour on NBC during a Hollywood Heartthrobs week segment.
- Betty White (Mary Tyler Moore Show/Golden Girls) - Betty will be on NBC's The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm ET probably discussing her upcoming appearance on SNL in May.
- Todd Bridges (Diff'rent Strokes) - Todd will be on two shows. First, The Wendy Williams Show to discuss his book. Check local listings and it will also air nationally on BET at 12am ET. And then also The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 9pm ET.
- Mackenzie Phillips (One Day at a Time) - She stops by ABC's Good Morning America to talk about her new book sometime between 7-9am ET on ABC.
- Peter Mark Richman (Three's Company) - He played Chrissy's father on Three's Company and appeared on many other classic series (but mostly dramas), he stops by The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV (Retirement Living TV) at 10pm ET.
Wednesday, March 17, 2010
- Alan Thicke (Growing Pains) - The previous day his co-star Kirk Cameron was on, now this TV dad will stop by the Today show during the 10am hour part of Hollywood Heartthrobs week.
- Josh Hopkins (Cougar Town) - This is a repeat from last week, but watch Josh again on Jimmy Kimmel Live! on ABC at 12:05am ET.
- Ty Burrell (Modern Family) - The hilarious Ty Burrell will drop by The Ellen DeGeneres Show to bring laughs, check local listings for time and channel.
- Betty White (Mary Tyler Moore Show/Golden Girls) - Betty stops by to chat on Larry King Live at 9pm ET on CNN.
- Tina Louise (Gilligan's Island) - Tina stops by Encore with John Palmer on RLTV at 12pm ET.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
- Toni Collette (United States of Tara) - Ms. Collette stops by LIVE! with Regis & Kelly this morning. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Peter Facinelli (Nurse Jackie) - Peter drops by and we discover a new dish on The Martha Stewart Show but you'll have to check your local listings for time and channel..
- Tim Conway (McHale's Navy/Carol Burnett Show) - The legendary Tim Conway stops by the 10pm edition (encores at 1am ET) of The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV! But this is a repeat.
Friday, March 19, 2010
- Edie Falco (Nurse Jackie) - Edie will be on LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your local listings for time an channel.
- Toni Collette (United States of Tara) - Ms. Collette cooks up a healthy meal on The Martha Stewart Show. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Ted Danson (Cheers/Becker/Bored to Death) - He will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, on NBC at 12:35am ET but probably talking about Damages.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends) - Lisa stops by The Bonnie Hunt Show to talk about her NBC reality series she is producing. Check local listings.
- Norman Lear (legendary producer) - The legendary Norman Lear appears on The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV at 2pm ET on this repeat.
- Carl Reiner (Dick Van Dyke Show) - Another legend goes on The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV, this time the 10pm ET edition.
- Susan Sullivan (Dharma & Greg) - Susan also appears on The Florence Henderson Show on RLTV at 10pm ET to discuss her impressive TV resume.
Leave us comments on our message board or Tweet/Facebook us to let us know what you think of this new feature! We do listen!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, March 28
The Middle - "Look Who's Not Talking" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Although excited about finding a new discount store that sells oddly shaped fruits and vegetables, Frankie is devastated when Axl refuses to talk to her or even answer her texts after inadvertently admitting how she feels about April in front of him. Meanwhile, Brick develops a new quirky tick in the form of a repetitive phrase and lands in detention, and Brad surprises Sue by coming out for a weekend visit at her college.
American Housewife - "Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Oliver tells his parents that he’s so embarrassed by their modest house that he’d rather not have a birthday party at all. Katie decides to teach him a lesson by ambushing him with a surprise party at home with all his wealthy friends.
American Housewife - "The Man Date" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Greg is delighted to finally have made a friend in Westport, fellow history buff Stan (guest star Timothy Omundson), but Katie isn’t as happy, especially since Stan is married to her nemesis, Chloe Brown Mueller (Jessica St. Clair).
Fresh Off the Boat - "The Taming of the Dads" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
To celebrate their one-year anniversary, Eddie reluctantly agrees to take Alison to the see a modern remake of Romeo and Juliet. But when Louis and Alison’s dad bond over their love of Shakespeare and crash their date, Alison wonders if she and Eddie’s relationship has lost its spark. Meanwhile, Jessica gets called for jury duty and campaigns to be the “Jury Boss,” and Emery and Evan struggle with the responsibilities of raising a Tamagotchi digital pet.
New Girl - "San Diego" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jess continues to stay with her dad (guest star Rob Reiner) in Portland, they unexpectedly help one another with their love lives. Meanwhile, Nick turns to a reluctant Aly for help with his relationship with Reagan, and Schmidt contemplates using his first name.
The Mick - "The Bully" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The tables are turned when a cyber bully targets Sofia, leading Mickey to come up with a plan for revenge. Meanwhile, Jimmy teaches Chip and Ben how to be self-sufficient, resulting in a painful disaster.
Trial & Error - "Right-Hand Man" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A new piece of evidence emerges that leads Josh (Nicholas D'Agosto) an unlikely, and dangerous, new suspect: Larry's (John Lithgow) brother-in-law, Jeremiah Jefferson Davis. Meanwhile, the case takes another turn when the search for the murder weapon leads Dwayne (Steven Boyer) to find a dismembered human arm.
Trial & Error - "Secrets & Lies" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
As Josh (Nicholas D'Agosto) focuses on his new suspect, Larry (John Lithgow) insists on taking a lie-detector test to help prove his innocence, but the results drop a bombshell on the case and the family. Dwayne (Steven Boyer) briefly becomes a hometown celebrity as the man who found an arm in the lake, and the team gets a surprising new benefactor.
The Detour - "The Heat" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
The Parkers settle into a seemingly normal New York City routine but are being surveilled by federal agents who see more than they had suspected they would see.
Mann & Wife - "Take Me to the Mann" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The new Lieutenant arrives at the precinct, and everyone soon learns that she and Hobbs have a romantic past; A cable installer confuses Toni for singer Tamela Mann.
Mann & Wife - "Pressured by the Mann" (Bounce TV, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Toni faces a moral dilemma when the administrators at her school decide to change the students' standardized test results; Hobbs' mother brings her new fiance for a visit.
Tuesday, March 28
- Alec Baldwin (30 Rock) - Catch Alec on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Hank Azaria (The Simpsons/Free Agents/Herman's Head) - Hank visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge/The Drew Carey Show) - Kate appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Adam Pally (Making History/The Mindy Project/Happy Endings) - Adam drops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Kevin James (Kevin Can Wait/The King of Queens) - Kevin is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Chelsea Handler (Are You There, Chelsea?) - Chelsea drops by LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Randall Park (Fresh Off the Boat) - Randall appears on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Busy Philipps (Cougar Town) - Busy guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke reveals what it’s really like being a child star, plus, the truth behind her struggles with anxiety and depression on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Todd Grinnell (One Day at a Time/Four Kings) - Todd appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard talks about Shots Fired on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- George Lopez (Lopez/George Lopez) - George chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Melissa Peterman (Baby Daddy/Reba) - Melissa share her recipe for Mexican pizza on People Now at 8:30am.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) and Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Jenna and Rachel talk about Imaginary Mary on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.