Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Sister network FamilyNet TV will air The New Flipper! That series was a one-hour revival series that aired 30 years later. It aired from 1995-2000 and it is remembered mainly for featuring (in its first two seasons) the gorgeous Jessica Alba before she was a star! The series lasted four seasons and 88 episodes (like the original series), with the first two seasons airing in first-run syndication and the last two seasons airing on PAX TV (now known as ION Television). All episodes are available on Hulu but have not been released on DVD. This version of Flipper will air on FamilyNet TV weekdays at 4pm (so yes it is odd that it will go up against the original Flipper on sister net ALN), replacing an hour of Black Beauty (which will now only air Sunday nights from 2-4am ET). The New Flipper will be in between Merv Griffin's Crosswords (3-4pm) and Lou Grant (5-7pm). There are no other changes to the FamilyNet line-up.
Believe it or not, our good buddy Eric of JustMyShow.com has a new podcast up! At long last, one of his most wanted guests...William Katt, star of The Greatest American Hero, joins Just My Show to talk about the world's most reluctant superhero and his comic book company. And if that is not enough for you, there is a special surprise appearance by The Greatest American Hero's Faye Grant and also Stunt Coordinator Dennis "Danger" Madalone! Are you walking on air after reading that? Head on over there to listen to this podcast!
Finally, V returns next Tuesday on ABC, but tonight there is a recap of the first four episodes at 10:06pm ET on ABC. Hurry and catch up before they return next Tuesday!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, February 19
Son of Zorn - "The Quest for Craig" (Fox, 7:00M ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Craig runs off to get some perspective on his relationship with Edie, a road trip ensues to bring him back. Meanwhile, Alan’s Zephyrian legs actually make him popular at school, but his desperation to fit in seriously puts off his lady.
The Simpsons - "Trust but Clarify" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
The Simpsons - "The Cad and the Hat" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Bart betrays Lisa, he has to deal with his guilt – literally. Meanwhile, Springfield is in awe when Homer is revealed to be a chess savant.
Son of Zorn - "All Hail Son of Zorn" (Fox, 8:30M ET/PT)
Seeing an opportunity to get Linda’s old job back, Zorn increases Sanitation Solutions’ business by tapping into the Zephyrian market. Alan tries to win Layla back by becoming Prom King – with Zorn’s help.
Family Guy - "The Finer Strings" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The guys decide to form a string quartet, but Peter doesn’t make the cut. Meanwhile, Brian is forced to be Carter’s seeing eye dog and enjoys the life of luxury a little too much.
Bob's Burgers - "There's No Business Like Mr. Business Business" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Gayle’s (guest star Megan Mullally) cat, Mr. Business, secures pet agent Ian Amberson (guest star John Oliver), Bob finds out that Linda may have been helping to fund the cat’s career. Ever the skeptic, Bob is prepared to shut it down, but learns that Mr. Business could be on the verge of his big break.
Sunday, February 19
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Catch Michael on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.