Wednesday, March 10, 2010
ABC Schedule Changes Includes Special Premiere for Jamie Oliver; Fox Summer 2010 Schedule, Cancels 24?
And the big news is since Castle won't be airing after an all-new Desperate Housewives on Sunday, March 21 at 10pm ET/PT, ABC has opted to air a special preview of food reality series Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution (because Brothers and Sisters' next scheduled episode would be the two-hour episode airing April 11 from 9-11pm, so it can't air on March 28)! The food reality series will then move to its regular night and time of Friday, March 26 at 9pm ET/PT. And the premiere episode will be its lead-in that night at 8pm, so the season premiere of Wife Swap will now air a week later on Friday, April 2 at 8pm ET/PT.
Two other quick notes, the upcoming two-part Castle episode with Dana Delaney (Desperate Housewives) guest starring will still get a Sunday airing, but it will be a repeat of part one of the two-part episode. The repeat will air Sunday, March 28 at 10pm ET/PT, following a scheduled repeat of Desperate Housewives. The Castle repeat replaces a scheduled repeat of Brothers and Sisters. The repeat of Castle will help the second part, which premieres the following night (March 29) following Dancing with the Stars. And the other schedule update is the annual airing of the half-hour special It's The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown and it will air Wednesday, March 31 at 8pm ET/PT leading into an all-new ABC Comedy Wednesday!
Check out the updates in a list form and you may discuss here, too.
Fox has announced its summer 2010 schedule and it is pretty much all-new. Fox's summer is scorching hot with the series preview and premiere of The Good Guys (previously it was named Code 58), the kick-off of So You Think You Can Dance's seventh season, the return of Lie to Me with new episodes, the seventh course of culinary competition Hell's Kitchen, all-new installments of mysterious drama Past Life, plus all-new episodes of Glee, Cops, America's Most Wanted, Sons of Tucson and Animation Domination.
The Good Guys, the new action-comedy from Matt Nix, will have a special preview Wednesday, May 19 at 8:00 PM ET/PT before American Idol and will then make its series premiere Monday, June 7 at 9:00 PM ET/PT. The series is an action-packed and comedic look at what happens when a washed-up, old-school cop (Bradley Whitford) and a by-the-book, modern-day detective (Colin Hanks) try to expose the big picture of small crime. Airing at 8:00 PM ET/PT, is the return of Lie to Me, as it continues its search for the truth when all-new episodes return to the schedule Mondays starting June 7. For some reason Lie to Me, will be in repeats in the actual season from April 28-May 12 (those are Wednesdays at 8:00 PM). On Memorial Day (Monday, May 31), Lie to Me will be a repeat and the pilot encore of The Good Guys is at 9pm, before they return with all-new episodes on June 7.
As previously announced So You Think You Can Dance, swings into summer with a two-hour premiere Thursday, May 27 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. Once the dance auditions conclude, weekly performance shows will air Tuesdays from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT, and weekly results shows will air Wednesdays at 9:00 PM ET.
Glee finishes its run of all-new episodes on Tuesdays at 9:00 PM ET/PT with its first season finale airing June 8. In addition, viewers can catch encore airings of all their favorite Glee episodes Wednesdays at 8:00 PM ET/PT beginning June 16.
Superstar chef Gordon Ramsay cranks up the ovens in Hell's Kitchen when the series returns for its seventh season with a tantalizing two-hour premiere Thursday, June 10 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. The cutthroat culinary competition will continue with two-hour episodes throughout the season.
Mysterious drama Past Life continues with a handful of its last original episodes beginning with a two-hour return on Friday, May 28 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT and its time period premiere Friday, June 4 at 8:00 PM ET/PT, before Bones repeats takes over starting June 18. House repeats will air at 9:00 PM ET/PT starting June 11.
On Saturdays a mixture of all-new and encore episodes of Cops and all-new episodes America's Most Wanted will air all summer, while Sunday nights feature a mix of encores and originals of 'Til Death, The Simpsons, The Cleveland Show, Family Guy, American Dad! and new comedy Sons of Tucson, which launches this Sunday (March 14 at 9:30) and will run through June.
View the Fox Summer 2010 schedule.
Variety is reporting that Fox will end 24 after this season, its eighth season. The studio and network execs declined comment -- but it's believed that the final decision will be made in the next day or two. The move is not a huge surprise as it has declined in ratings and quality, but still represents the end of an era for Fox.
But the cost of producing 24 has continued to increase, while ratings have dipped. A one-time critical darling, 24 has also received its share of knocks from critics this season. The studio is said to be considering shopping 24 to other networks -- but given the thriller's age and price-tag, it's believed interest from other outlets will be limited. Stay tuned for the official update, but it seems this show will end and will have time to do a true finale if Fox acts fast on a decision.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, October 22
Superstore - "Guns, Pills and Birds" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Amy (America Ferrera) assigns an uncomfortable Jonah (Ben Feldman) to the gun section of Cloud 9, Jonah abuses his right-to-refuse sale to anyone that causes concern, causing an open-carry protest to gather in the store. On principle, Glenn (Mark McKinney) attempts to purchase all of the store's morning-after pills, but finds himself in a moral dilemma when he can't afford them. Dina (Lauren Ash), Garrett (Colton Dunn) and Mateo (Nico Santos) hunt down a crow that has flown into the store.
The Thundermans - "Happy Heroween" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
It's a major Halloween storm outside, but inside Colosso keeps the family spooked by telling three scary stories that are sure to terrify even the bravest of superheroes.
School of Rock - "Welcome to My Nightmare" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Mr. Finn's class decides to celebrate Halloween in school after Principal Mullins, who hates the holiday, goes home sick. When she returns sooner than expected, they have to scramble to keep her from finding out the truth.
Saturday, October 22
- Jim J. Bullock (Too Close for Comfort) - Jim talks about touring the U.S. in Kinky Boots on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.