Wednesday, March 10, 2010
ABC Schedule Changes Includes Special Premiere for Jamie Oliver; Fox Summer 2010 Schedule, Cancels 24?
And the big news is since Castle won't be airing after an all-new Desperate Housewives on Sunday, March 21 at 10pm ET/PT, ABC has opted to air a special preview of food reality series Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution (because Brothers and Sisters' next scheduled episode would be the two-hour episode airing April 11 from 9-11pm, so it can't air on March 28)! The food reality series will then move to its regular night and time of Friday, March 26 at 9pm ET/PT. And the premiere episode will be its lead-in that night at 8pm, so the season premiere of Wife Swap will now air a week later on Friday, April 2 at 8pm ET/PT.
Two other quick notes, the upcoming two-part Castle episode with Dana Delaney (Desperate Housewives) guest starring will still get a Sunday airing, but it will be a repeat of part one of the two-part episode. The repeat will air Sunday, March 28 at 10pm ET/PT, following a scheduled repeat of Desperate Housewives. The Castle repeat replaces a scheduled repeat of Brothers and Sisters. The repeat of Castle will help the second part, which premieres the following night (March 29) following Dancing with the Stars. And the other schedule update is the annual airing of the half-hour special It's The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown and it will air Wednesday, March 31 at 8pm ET/PT leading into an all-new ABC Comedy Wednesday!
Check out the updates in a list form and you may discuss here, too.
Fox has announced its summer 2010 schedule and it is pretty much all-new. Fox's summer is scorching hot with the series preview and premiere of The Good Guys (previously it was named Code 58), the kick-off of So You Think You Can Dance's seventh season, the return of Lie to Me with new episodes, the seventh course of culinary competition Hell's Kitchen, all-new installments of mysterious drama Past Life, plus all-new episodes of Glee, Cops, America's Most Wanted, Sons of Tucson and Animation Domination.
The Good Guys, the new action-comedy from Matt Nix, will have a special preview Wednesday, May 19 at 8:00 PM ET/PT before American Idol and will then make its series premiere Monday, June 7 at 9:00 PM ET/PT. The series is an action-packed and comedic look at what happens when a washed-up, old-school cop (Bradley Whitford) and a by-the-book, modern-day detective (Colin Hanks) try to expose the big picture of small crime. Airing at 8:00 PM ET/PT, is the return of Lie to Me, as it continues its search for the truth when all-new episodes return to the schedule Mondays starting June 7. For some reason Lie to Me, will be in repeats in the actual season from April 28-May 12 (those are Wednesdays at 8:00 PM). On Memorial Day (Monday, May 31), Lie to Me will be a repeat and the pilot encore of The Good Guys is at 9pm, before they return with all-new episodes on June 7.
As previously announced So You Think You Can Dance, swings into summer with a two-hour premiere Thursday, May 27 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. Once the dance auditions conclude, weekly performance shows will air Tuesdays from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT, and weekly results shows will air Wednesdays at 9:00 PM ET.
Glee finishes its run of all-new episodes on Tuesdays at 9:00 PM ET/PT with its first season finale airing June 8. In addition, viewers can catch encore airings of all their favorite Glee episodes Wednesdays at 8:00 PM ET/PT beginning June 16.
Superstar chef Gordon Ramsay cranks up the ovens in Hell's Kitchen when the series returns for its seventh season with a tantalizing two-hour premiere Thursday, June 10 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. The cutthroat culinary competition will continue with two-hour episodes throughout the season.
Mysterious drama Past Life continues with a handful of its last original episodes beginning with a two-hour return on Friday, May 28 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT and its time period premiere Friday, June 4 at 8:00 PM ET/PT, before Bones repeats takes over starting June 18. House repeats will air at 9:00 PM ET/PT starting June 11.
On Saturdays a mixture of all-new and encore episodes of Cops and all-new episodes America's Most Wanted will air all summer, while Sunday nights feature a mix of encores and originals of 'Til Death, The Simpsons, The Cleveland Show, Family Guy, American Dad! and new comedy Sons of Tucson, which launches this Sunday (March 14 at 9:30) and will run through June.
View the Fox Summer 2010 schedule.
Variety is reporting that Fox will end 24 after this season, its eighth season. The studio and network execs declined comment -- but it's believed that the final decision will be made in the next day or two. The move is not a huge surprise as it has declined in ratings and quality, but still represents the end of an era for Fox.
But the cost of producing 24 has continued to increase, while ratings have dipped. A one-time critical darling, 24 has also received its share of knocks from critics this season. The studio is said to be considering shopping 24 to other networks -- but given the thriller's age and price-tag, it's believed interest from other outlets will be limited. Stay tuned for the official update, but it seems this show will end and will have time to do a true finale if Fox acts fast on a decision.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.