Wednesday, March 10, 2010
ABC Schedule Changes Includes Special Premiere for Jamie Oliver; Fox Summer 2010 Schedule, Cancels 24?
And the big news is since Castle won't be airing after an all-new Desperate Housewives on Sunday, March 21 at 10pm ET/PT, ABC has opted to air a special preview of food reality series Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution (because Brothers and Sisters' next scheduled episode would be the two-hour episode airing April 11 from 9-11pm, so it can't air on March 28)! The food reality series will then move to its regular night and time of Friday, March 26 at 9pm ET/PT. And the premiere episode will be its lead-in that night at 8pm, so the season premiere of Wife Swap will now air a week later on Friday, April 2 at 8pm ET/PT.
Two other quick notes, the upcoming two-part Castle episode with Dana Delaney (Desperate Housewives) guest starring will still get a Sunday airing, but it will be a repeat of part one of the two-part episode. The repeat will air Sunday, March 28 at 10pm ET/PT, following a scheduled repeat of Desperate Housewives. The Castle repeat replaces a scheduled repeat of Brothers and Sisters. The repeat of Castle will help the second part, which premieres the following night (March 29) following Dancing with the Stars. And the other schedule update is the annual airing of the half-hour special It's The Easter Beagle, Charlie Brown and it will air Wednesday, March 31 at 8pm ET/PT leading into an all-new ABC Comedy Wednesday!
Check out the updates in a list form and you may discuss here, too.
Fox has announced its summer 2010 schedule and it is pretty much all-new. Fox's summer is scorching hot with the series preview and premiere of The Good Guys (previously it was named Code 58), the kick-off of So You Think You Can Dance's seventh season, the return of Lie to Me with new episodes, the seventh course of culinary competition Hell's Kitchen, all-new installments of mysterious drama Past Life, plus all-new episodes of Glee, Cops, America's Most Wanted, Sons of Tucson and Animation Domination.
The Good Guys, the new action-comedy from Matt Nix, will have a special preview Wednesday, May 19 at 8:00 PM ET/PT before American Idol and will then make its series premiere Monday, June 7 at 9:00 PM ET/PT. The series is an action-packed and comedic look at what happens when a washed-up, old-school cop (Bradley Whitford) and a by-the-book, modern-day detective (Colin Hanks) try to expose the big picture of small crime. Airing at 8:00 PM ET/PT, is the return of Lie to Me, as it continues its search for the truth when all-new episodes return to the schedule Mondays starting June 7. For some reason Lie to Me, will be in repeats in the actual season from April 28-May 12 (those are Wednesdays at 8:00 PM). On Memorial Day (Monday, May 31), Lie to Me will be a repeat and the pilot encore of The Good Guys is at 9pm, before they return with all-new episodes on June 7.
As previously announced So You Think You Can Dance, swings into summer with a two-hour premiere Thursday, May 27 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. Once the dance auditions conclude, weekly performance shows will air Tuesdays from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT, and weekly results shows will air Wednesdays at 9:00 PM ET.
Glee finishes its run of all-new episodes on Tuesdays at 9:00 PM ET/PT with its first season finale airing June 8. In addition, viewers can catch encore airings of all their favorite Glee episodes Wednesdays at 8:00 PM ET/PT beginning June 16.
Superstar chef Gordon Ramsay cranks up the ovens in Hell's Kitchen when the series returns for its seventh season with a tantalizing two-hour premiere Thursday, June 10 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT. The cutthroat culinary competition will continue with two-hour episodes throughout the season.
Mysterious drama Past Life continues with a handful of its last original episodes beginning with a two-hour return on Friday, May 28 from 8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT and its time period premiere Friday, June 4 at 8:00 PM ET/PT, before Bones repeats takes over starting June 18. House repeats will air at 9:00 PM ET/PT starting June 11.
On Saturdays a mixture of all-new and encore episodes of Cops and all-new episodes America's Most Wanted will air all summer, while Sunday nights feature a mix of encores and originals of 'Til Death, The Simpsons, The Cleveland Show, Family Guy, American Dad! and new comedy Sons of Tucson, which launches this Sunday (March 14 at 9:30) and will run through June.
View the Fox Summer 2010 schedule.
Variety is reporting that Fox will end 24 after this season, its eighth season. The studio and network execs declined comment -- but it's believed that the final decision will be made in the next day or two. The move is not a huge surprise as it has declined in ratings and quality, but still represents the end of an era for Fox.
But the cost of producing 24 has continued to increase, while ratings have dipped. A one-time critical darling, 24 has also received its share of knocks from critics this season. The studio is said to be considering shopping 24 to other networks -- but given the thriller's age and price-tag, it's believed interest from other outlets will be limited. Stay tuned for the official update, but it seems this show will end and will have time to do a true finale if Fox acts fast on a decision.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, March 26
The Simpsons - "Dad Behavior" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Homer finds a new app that makes his life much easier and outsources his father-son bonding. Meanwhile, Grampa finds that he is about to be a father again.
Bob's Burgers - "Aquaticism" / "Ain't Miss Debatin'" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
When Tina learns that the aquarium is in danger of closing, the Belcher children devise a scheme to keep it running. Meanwhile, Bob realizes that he could learn a thing or two from Linda’s customer service skills. Then, when Tina is recruited by the debate team, she finds unexpected success and an even more unexpected relationship. Meanwhile, Louise and Gene convince their parents to help fund a stop-motion movie focusing on a surprising subject matter.
Making History - "Chadwick's Angels" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
In need of a victory, the trio heads back to the 1990s to give Dan another shot at his childhood dream: finishing the infamous “Bellybuster” ice cream sundae at a local parlor. As Deb bonds with the parlor’s owner, Chris is on a mission to save a life in honor of his late British friend. But all of their plans are derailed when Dan runs into the bully that tormented him.
Family Guy - "Peter's Lost Youth" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Peter gets jealous of Lois when she upstages him at a Red Sox fantasy baseball camp. Meanwhile, Stewie runs away from home when Meg is left to babysit him.
The Last Man on Earth - "Find This Thing We Need To" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Carol makes a big discovery, enlisting Tandy and Erica to help her track down some answers. Meanwhile, Todd has a major breakthrough with Melissa.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.