Friday, March 26, 2010
ABC Officially Announces Romantically Challenged Premiere Date; TV Guide Network Acquires Weeds; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 29, 2010)
The sitcom has a 6 episode order and the series finished the tapings for this season last Thursday (March 18). The episodes will air April 19, 26, May 3, and 17. But that's only 4 episodes. On May 10 there is a two-hour Dancing with the Stars scheduled, so Romantically Challenged is not on that date but perhaps one of the episodes might air on a special night (like Wednesday with ABC Comedy Wednesday?). Or just saved for next season, if it gets picked-up. We'll let you know as soon as we now, but we are so happy this show has a premiere date! And for you fans of The Big Bang Theory, that series will be in REPEATS on April 19 and 26, so you can watch Romantically Challenged without missing that series!
Romantically Challenged is an ensemble comedy about four friends trying to find love and happiness. Alyssa Milano stars as Rebecca, a very recently divorced mom of two who hasn't gone on a date since President Clinton was in office. Rebecca's best friend since childhood, Perry, is a romance-aholic who falls in love with women 20 minutes after meeting them. Perry lives with his BFF Shawn, a struggling writer who has depended on Perry for financial stability since the turn of the century. Rounding out the group is Rebecca's younger sister Lisa, a sweet kindergarten teacher who tries to hurt every man before he can hurt her. The series stars Alyssa Milano as Rebecca, Kyle Bornheimer as Perry, Josh Lawson as Shawn and Kelly Stables as Lisa.
Stay with us for more info on this series, but make sure you watch the show on April19 and the other dates! It is going to be GREAT!!
The acclaimed comedy series Weeds will be available for the first time ever on basic cable exclusively on TV Guide Network beginning in September 2010. Produced by Lionsgate Television in association with Tilted Productions, Weeds is executive produced and created by Emmy Award winner Jenji Kohan and stars Mary-Louise Parker who earned a Golden Globe award for her series role as a suburban mom who deals pot to make ends meet after the death of her husband. TV Guide Network has acquired rights to air all episodes in the first five seasons of the series, as well as the show's future episodes, including its sixth season which is currently in production.
Weeds, which was acquired through Lionsgate's Debmar-Mercury subsidiary, is the third major award-winning scripted series TV Guide Network has acquired over the past nine months. As TV Guide Network repositions itself as an entertainment programming destination, it will be debuting new, high-profile premium series beginning this summer. In June, the network will premiere Curb Your Enthusiasm, the groundbreaking improvisational comedy series created by and starring legendary producer Larry David. In Fall 2010, the network will launch a revamped primetime schedule including strips of Weeds, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Ugly Betty.
Currently the TV Guide Network schedule consists of sitcom Just Shoot Me! weeknights at 6, Punk'd at various times, Ugly Betty Saturdays at 7, American Idol Rewind on weekends, VH-1 repeats of My Fair Brady, movies and more.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 29-April 2, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 29, 2010
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds) - Kevin stops by to chat on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:05am ET.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am ET on CBS.
- Kelsey Grammer (Cheers/Frasier/Hank) - Kelsey gives an interview for LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your local listings for time and channel.
- Raven Symone (Cosby Show/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/That's So Raven) - Raven stops by The Wendy Williams Show in this repeat from last month. Check local listings or watch it on BET at 12am.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
- Clark Duke (Hearts Afire) - This former child sitcom star stops by Lopez Tonight at 11pm ET on TBS but he is now on Greek and theatrical movies, but who knows he might mention his start on sitcoms like last week on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Atticus Shaffer (The Middle) - The little guy stops by The Bonnie Hunt Show. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Former sitcom star stops by NBC's Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm.
- Valerie Bertinelli (One Day at a Time/Hot in Cleveland) - She stops to talk to Joy on The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 9pm.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
- Tyler Perry (House of Payne/Meet the Browns) - Tyler stops by THREE talk shows! First he stops by LIVE! with Regis & Kelly (check local listings for time/channel), then he is off to do the 10am hour of NBC's Today show, then finally stay up for the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC at 12:35am ET.
- Wanda Sykes (Old Christine) - Wanda will be on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:35am ET.
- John Corbett (United States of Tara) - John chats with Ellen on The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your local listings for time and channel.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas stops by The Bonnie Hunt Show, so check local listings for time and channel.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
- Holly Robinson-Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/Like Family) - Holly and her daughter stop by the Today Show on NBC sometime between 7-9am ET.
Friday, April 2, 2010
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - He will be on Tavis Smiley on PBS but probably not talking about his former sitcom dad role. Check your local listings for time.
- Kelsey Grammer (Frasier/Cheers/Hank) - Kelsey stops by NBC's Today during the 10am hour.
- John Corbett (United States of Tara) - John stops by CBS's Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Tyler Perry (House of Payne/Meet the Browns) - The director stop by the Oprah Show. Check local listings.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 1
The Big Bang Theory - "The Mommy Observation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Sheldon visits his Mom in Houston, he is forced to confront a new reality. Meanwhile, Raj’s “Murder Mystery” party starts some fights within the gang.
Mike & Molly - "Mike & Molly's Excellent Adventure" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Molly is determined to get Mike out of his routine and tells him to embrace doing anything they want in life.
Two and a Half Men - "Baseball. Boobs. Boobs. Baseball" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Alan lets Lyndsey’s boyfriend Larry set him up on a date. Meanwhile, Walden offers to help Nicole with her software project so she’ll have time to date him. Marion Ross makes a special appearance. Jeff Probst returns for a second special appearance.
Partners - "Doug Day Afternoon" (FX, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Marcus hires a former client and recently paroled ex-convict to work in the office, Allen suspects the once-criminal to have ulterior motives.
Partners - "How to Get a Head in Advertising" (FX, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Allen and Marcus decide to make a commercial for their practice, Allen's inflated ego takes the helm and creates a disaster.
Anger Management - "Charlie and the Temper of Doom" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Charlie struggles to control his anger after meeting a hot girl who doesn't date angry guys.
Anger Management - "Charlie Gets Trashed" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Charlie goes to war with his garbage man.
Monday, September 1
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Watch Jennifer on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC. There's a Friends reunion with Courteney Cox and Lisa Kudrow.
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt (3rd Rock from the Sun) - Joseph is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Derek Waters (Married to the Kellys) - Derek appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Judy Greer (Mad Love/Arrested Development/Miss Guided) - Tune in to see Judy on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kym Whitley (Young & Hungry/Animal Practice/Sparks) - Kym is a guest on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond - Patricia sells a treasure from The Middle on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Debi Mazar (Entourage/Working) - Debi and her husband, Gabriele Corcos, share their passion for Tuscan food and each other on a repeat of Katie, so check your local listings.
- Jane Leeves (Hot in Cleveland/Frasier/Throb) - Jane appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.