Friday, March 26, 2010
ABC Officially Announces Romantically Challenged Premiere Date; TV Guide Network Acquires Weeds; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 29, 2010)
The sitcom has a 6 episode order and the series finished the tapings for this season last Thursday (March 18). The episodes will air April 19, 26, May 3, and 17. But that's only 4 episodes. On May 10 there is a two-hour Dancing with the Stars scheduled, so Romantically Challenged is not on that date but perhaps one of the episodes might air on a special night (like Wednesday with ABC Comedy Wednesday?). Or just saved for next season, if it gets picked-up. We'll let you know as soon as we now, but we are so happy this show has a premiere date! And for you fans of The Big Bang Theory, that series will be in REPEATS on April 19 and 26, so you can watch Romantically Challenged without missing that series!
Romantically Challenged is an ensemble comedy about four friends trying to find love and happiness. Alyssa Milano stars as Rebecca, a very recently divorced mom of two who hasn't gone on a date since President Clinton was in office. Rebecca's best friend since childhood, Perry, is a romance-aholic who falls in love with women 20 minutes after meeting them. Perry lives with his BFF Shawn, a struggling writer who has depended on Perry for financial stability since the turn of the century. Rounding out the group is Rebecca's younger sister Lisa, a sweet kindergarten teacher who tries to hurt every man before he can hurt her. The series stars Alyssa Milano as Rebecca, Kyle Bornheimer as Perry, Josh Lawson as Shawn and Kelly Stables as Lisa.
Stay with us for more info on this series, but make sure you watch the show on April19 and the other dates! It is going to be GREAT!!
The acclaimed comedy series Weeds will be available for the first time ever on basic cable exclusively on TV Guide Network beginning in September 2010. Produced by Lionsgate Television in association with Tilted Productions, Weeds is executive produced and created by Emmy Award winner Jenji Kohan and stars Mary-Louise Parker who earned a Golden Globe award for her series role as a suburban mom who deals pot to make ends meet after the death of her husband. TV Guide Network has acquired rights to air all episodes in the first five seasons of the series, as well as the show's future episodes, including its sixth season which is currently in production.
Weeds, which was acquired through Lionsgate's Debmar-Mercury subsidiary, is the third major award-winning scripted series TV Guide Network has acquired over the past nine months. As TV Guide Network repositions itself as an entertainment programming destination, it will be debuting new, high-profile premium series beginning this summer. In June, the network will premiere Curb Your Enthusiasm, the groundbreaking improvisational comedy series created by and starring legendary producer Larry David. In Fall 2010, the network will launch a revamped primetime schedule including strips of Weeds, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Ugly Betty.
Currently the TV Guide Network schedule consists of sitcom Just Shoot Me! weeknights at 6, Punk'd at various times, Ugly Betty Saturdays at 7, American Idol Rewind on weekends, VH-1 repeats of My Fair Brady, movies and more.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 29-April 2, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 29, 2010
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds) - Kevin stops by to chat on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:05am ET.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am ET on CBS.
- Kelsey Grammer (Cheers/Frasier/Hank) - Kelsey gives an interview for LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your local listings for time and channel.
- Raven Symone (Cosby Show/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/That's So Raven) - Raven stops by The Wendy Williams Show in this repeat from last month. Check local listings or watch it on BET at 12am.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
- Clark Duke (Hearts Afire) - This former child sitcom star stops by Lopez Tonight at 11pm ET on TBS but he is now on Greek and theatrical movies, but who knows he might mention his start on sitcoms like last week on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Atticus Shaffer (The Middle) - The little guy stops by The Bonnie Hunt Show. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Former sitcom star stops by NBC's Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm.
- Valerie Bertinelli (One Day at a Time/Hot in Cleveland) - She stops to talk to Joy on The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 9pm.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
- Tyler Perry (House of Payne/Meet the Browns) - Tyler stops by THREE talk shows! First he stops by LIVE! with Regis & Kelly (check local listings for time/channel), then he is off to do the 10am hour of NBC's Today show, then finally stay up for the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC at 12:35am ET.
- Wanda Sykes (Old Christine) - Wanda will be on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:35am ET.
- John Corbett (United States of Tara) - John chats with Ellen on The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your local listings for time and channel.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas stops by The Bonnie Hunt Show, so check local listings for time and channel.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
- Holly Robinson-Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/Like Family) - Holly and her daughter stop by the Today Show on NBC sometime between 7-9am ET.
Friday, April 2, 2010
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - He will be on Tavis Smiley on PBS but probably not talking about his former sitcom dad role. Check your local listings for time.
- Kelsey Grammer (Frasier/Cheers/Hank) - Kelsey stops by NBC's Today during the 10am hour.
- John Corbett (United States of Tara) - John stops by CBS's Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Tyler Perry (House of Payne/Meet the Browns) - The director stop by the Oprah Show. Check local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, September 29
Superstore - "Back to Work" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Jeff (recurring guest star Michael Bunin), the district manager from corporate, tells the Cloud 9 employees he is going to be around for the day to see what can improve in the store. Amy (America Ferrera) tries to impress him with a perfect day, but a workplace accident threatens her plan. Meanwhile, Glenn (Mark McKinney) tries to come off as a tough boss in front of Jeff, Jonah (Ben Feldman) attempts to help an unyielding Dina (Lauren Ash) win over the employees she betrayed in the strike and Mateo (Nico Santos) discovers something about Jeff in his pursuit to win him over.
The Good Place - "Jason Mendoza" (NBC, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Eleanor (Kristen Bell) faces her toughest test yet in her attempt to remain in hiding. Meanwhile, Michael (Ted Danson) enlists Tahani (Jameela Jamil) to help a fellow neighbor fulfill her true purpose.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Earworm Reverberation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Sheldon has a revelation when he realizes why a song was stuck in his head. Also, Amy invites Dave (Stephen Merchant) over for dinner despite their previously awkward date, and Wolowitz and Koothrappali become obsessed with a fan of their band, “Footprints on the Moon.”
Kevin Can Wait - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Kevin James stars as a newly retired police officer looking forward to spending carefree, quality time with his wife and three kids, only to find he faces tougher challenges at home than he ever did on the streets.
Better Things - "Woman Is the Something of the Something" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Sam gets really looked at.
Thursday, September 29
- Judith Light (Transparent/Phenom/Who's the Boss?) - Catch Judith on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tim Meadows (Son of Zorn/Marry Me/The Michael Richards Show) - Tim appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Max Greenfield (New Girl/Modern Men) - Max drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community), Dave Foley (Dr. Ken/NewsRadio) and Suzy Nakamura (Dr. Ken/Go On) - Ken, Dave and Suzy are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight. Ken will also be on Harry, so check your local listings.
- January Jones (The Last Man on Earth) - January stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Divorce/Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Holland Taylor (Two and a Half Men/The Powers That Be) - Holland talks about The Front Page on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Jamie-Lynn Sigler (Guys with Kids) - Jamie-Lynn is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.