Friday, March 26, 2010
ABC Officially Announces Romantically Challenged Premiere Date; TV Guide Network Acquires Weeds; Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows (Week of March 29, 2010)
The sitcom has a 6 episode order and the series finished the tapings for this season last Thursday (March 18). The episodes will air April 19, 26, May 3, and 17. But that's only 4 episodes. On May 10 there is a two-hour Dancing with the Stars scheduled, so Romantically Challenged is not on that date but perhaps one of the episodes might air on a special night (like Wednesday with ABC Comedy Wednesday?). Or just saved for next season, if it gets picked-up. We'll let you know as soon as we now, but we are so happy this show has a premiere date! And for you fans of The Big Bang Theory, that series will be in REPEATS on April 19 and 26, so you can watch Romantically Challenged without missing that series!
Romantically Challenged is an ensemble comedy about four friends trying to find love and happiness. Alyssa Milano stars as Rebecca, a very recently divorced mom of two who hasn't gone on a date since President Clinton was in office. Rebecca's best friend since childhood, Perry, is a romance-aholic who falls in love with women 20 minutes after meeting them. Perry lives with his BFF Shawn, a struggling writer who has depended on Perry for financial stability since the turn of the century. Rounding out the group is Rebecca's younger sister Lisa, a sweet kindergarten teacher who tries to hurt every man before he can hurt her. The series stars Alyssa Milano as Rebecca, Kyle Bornheimer as Perry, Josh Lawson as Shawn and Kelly Stables as Lisa.
Stay with us for more info on this series, but make sure you watch the show on April19 and the other dates! It is going to be GREAT!!
The acclaimed comedy series Weeds will be available for the first time ever on basic cable exclusively on TV Guide Network beginning in September 2010. Produced by Lionsgate Television in association with Tilted Productions, Weeds is executive produced and created by Emmy Award winner Jenji Kohan and stars Mary-Louise Parker who earned a Golden Globe award for her series role as a suburban mom who deals pot to make ends meet after the death of her husband. TV Guide Network has acquired rights to air all episodes in the first five seasons of the series, as well as the show's future episodes, including its sixth season which is currently in production.
Weeds, which was acquired through Lionsgate's Debmar-Mercury subsidiary, is the third major award-winning scripted series TV Guide Network has acquired over the past nine months. As TV Guide Network repositions itself as an entertainment programming destination, it will be debuting new, high-profile premium series beginning this summer. In June, the network will premiere Curb Your Enthusiasm, the groundbreaking improvisational comedy series created by and starring legendary producer Larry David. In Fall 2010, the network will launch a revamped primetime schedule including strips of Weeds, Curb Your Enthusiasm and Ugly Betty.
Currently the TV Guide Network schedule consists of sitcom Just Shoot Me! weeknights at 6, Punk'd at various times, Ugly Betty Saturdays at 7, American Idol Rewind on weekends, VH-1 repeats of My Fair Brady, movies and more.
It's Friday, so it is time for "Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows" for the coming week. This is where we list what sitcom stars are appearing on talk shows for the coming week, the stars are both current and past sitcom stars (but we won't cover movie stars like Tom Hanks or John Travolta, since they won't be talking about their past sitcoms likely), so this is for all sitcom fans of all eras!
For the week of March 29-April 2, 2010, we have many current sitcom stars and past sitcom stars on TV talk shows! So get your DVR's (or whatever you use) ready! Ready? Here is all what you need to know for the coming week!
Monday, March 29, 2010
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds) - Kevin stops by to chat on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 12:05am ET.
- Joel McHale (Community) - Joel stops by The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am ET on CBS.
- Kelsey Grammer (Cheers/Frasier/Hank) - Kelsey gives an interview for LIVE! with Regis & Kelly so check your local listings for time and channel.
- Raven Symone (Cosby Show/Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/That's So Raven) - Raven stops by The Wendy Williams Show in this repeat from last month. Check local listings or watch it on BET at 12am.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
- Clark Duke (Hearts Afire) - This former child sitcom star stops by Lopez Tonight at 11pm ET on TBS but he is now on Greek and theatrical movies, but who knows he might mention his start on sitcoms like last week on ABC's Jimmy Kimmel Live!
- Atticus Shaffer (The Middle) - The little guy stops by The Bonnie Hunt Show. Check local listings for time and channel.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Former sitcom star stops by NBC's Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm.
- Valerie Bertinelli (One Day at a Time/Hot in Cleveland) - She stops to talk to Joy on The Joy Behar Show on HLN at 9pm.
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
- Tyler Perry (House of Payne/Meet the Browns) - Tyler stops by THREE talk shows! First he stops by LIVE! with Regis & Kelly (check local listings for time/channel), then he is off to do the 10am hour of NBC's Today show, then finally stay up for the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on NBC at 12:35am ET.
- Wanda Sykes (Old Christine) - Wanda will be on Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on CBS at 12:35am ET.
- John Corbett (United States of Tara) - John chats with Ellen on The Ellen DeGeneres Show so check your local listings for time and channel.
- Thomas Haden Church (Wings) - Thomas stops by The Bonnie Hunt Show, so check local listings for time and channel.
Thursday, April 1, 2010
- Holly Robinson-Peete (Hangin' with Mr. Cooper/Like Family) - Holly and her daughter stop by the Today Show on NBC sometime between 7-9am ET.
Friday, April 2, 2010
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - He will be on Tavis Smiley on PBS but probably not talking about his former sitcom dad role. Check your local listings for time.
- Kelsey Grammer (Frasier/Cheers/Hank) - Kelsey stops by NBC's Today during the 10am hour.
- John Corbett (United States of Tara) - John stops by CBS's Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:35am on CBS.
- Tyler Perry (House of Payne/Meet the Browns) - The director stop by the Oprah Show. Check local listings.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/02 - Benson - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Halloween Episodes Collection
09/02 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Season Nine
09/02 - The League - The Complete Season Five
09/02 - New Girl - The Complete Season Three
09/02 - Soap - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/02 - What's Happening!! - Season 1 (Mill Creek) / Season 2 / Seasons 1 & 2
09/09 - The Goldbergs - The Complete First Season
09/11 - Growing Up Fisher - Season One
09/16 - About a Boy - Season One
09/16 - Awkward - Season 3
09/16 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray/DVD)
09/16 - South Park - Season 17 (Blu-ray)
09/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season One
09/23 - How I Met Your Mother - The Ninth and Legendary Final Season / The Complete Series
09/23 - Mama's Family - The Complete Fifth Season / The Complete Collection
09/23 - Modern Family - The Complete Fifth Season
09/23 - Mom - The Complete First Season
09/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 1 (MPI)
09/30 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Fourth Season
Other TV Series:
09/02 - Grey's Anatomy - The Complete Tenth Season
09/09 - Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
09/16 - CSI: Crime Scene Investigation - The Fourteenth Season
09/16 - Castle - The Complete Sixth Season
09/23 - Nashville - The Complete Second Season
09/23 - Scandal - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, October 2
Bad Judge - "Pilot" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Rebecca Wright (Kate Walsh) knows how to have a good time, but she also happens to be one of L.A.’s toughest and most respected criminal court judges. She has a reputation for unorthodox behavior in the courtroom, including creative rulings and saying exactly what’s on her mind. Her private life, on the other hand, is anything but innocent. While there’s no shortage of male admirers who would love to spend time with her, she’s not ready to settle down.
A to Z - "A Is for Acquaintances" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
This is the A-to-Z story of Andrew (Ben Feldman) and Zelda (Cristin Milioti) — a pair that almost wasn’t — and all that happened from the day they met. When a computer glitch sends her a total mismatch, she’s asked to come in for an interview at the internet dating site where Andrew works, and this is where it all begins. Andrew and Zelda meet for the first time and despite their differences, sparks fly. She thinks it’s chance. He thinks it’s fate and is convinced she’s the shimmering girl in the silver dress he saw several years earlier.
- "Sanders Again" (Nick at Nite, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Aaron's imaginary friend "Sanders" comes back, Stephanie is worried that she is spending too much time working. After reading up on the subject, Stephanie makes sure Sanders feels welcomed, until he crosses the line.
See Dad Run - "See Dad Ruin Joe's Teacher" (Nick at Nite, 8:30PM ET/PT)
David inadvertently encourages Joe's favorite teacher to follow his dream of writing, but when David discovers he doesn't cut it as a "beat poetry" substitute, he must find a way to get the teacher back or risk disappointing Joe.
Dog with a Blog - "Howloween 2: the Final Reckoning" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bennett and Ellen overhear Stan talking; the kids go into damage control and try to convince their parents that the house is haunted.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets World: of Terror" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
While Auggie braves the monster under his bed, Riley survives a sleep over at Maya's with her grandmother and pet ferret; Farkle faces the ultimate terror: softball.
Jessie - "The Runaway Bride of Frankenstein" (Disney Channel, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The Halloween Festival takes a scary turn when Brooks proposes to Jessie and she learns that none of the Ross kids approve.
Thursday, October 2
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne) - Catch Johnny on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Melissa Fumero (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Melissa stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/I'm a Big Girl Now) - Martin visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The College Years) - Mario appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu will be on HuffPost Live at 4:30pm.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ana Gasteyer (Suburgatory) - Ana can be heard on Wake Up with Taylor on Sirius XM Stars channel 109 sometime between 6-9am. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET
- John Mulaney (Mulaney) - John talks about his new show Mulaney on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Kate Walsh (Bad Judge) - Kate discusses her new show Bad Judge on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 10am hour.
- Cristin Milioti (A to Z/How I Met Your Mother) - Cristin chats about her new show A to Z on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She can also be heard on Covino & Rich on SiriusXM Indie radio channel 102 at 2pm.
- Nasim Pedrad (Mulaney - Nasim talks about her new show Mulaney on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Sheryl Lee Ralph (Instant Mom/Moesha/It's a Living) - Sheryl will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.
- Tom Arnold (Tom/The Tom Show/Roseanne) - Tom is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Freddie Prinze Jr. (Freddie) - Freddie appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.