Tuesday, February 02, 2010
TV Land Announces March Changes to Accomodate Everybody Loves Raymond; ABC Family Picks-Up Melissa and Joey Sitcom
There are also some changes happening before the March 18 schedule. Bewitched will still air weeknights in the 5pm hour starting March 1, but it will launch on Feb. 28 now with a block from 1pm-5pm. And the Bewitched "Better Living Through Magic" weekend marathon scheduled for March 20-21, is now 11am-7pm instead of 11am-11pm because of the Raymond launch, which will be March 18-21 (Thursday and Friday from 9pm-12am and Sat-Sun from 9pm-1am).
And late last week we told you about some TV Land February changes, now they have added one more. Effective Sunday, Feb. 21, the Sunday night late night line-up has changed. Brady Bunch and Little House on the Prairie will be removed from 4am-6am and will be replaced by a block of Three's Company, which is on now for all seven days of the week in late nights now. This means Brady Bunch and Little House on the Prairie are off the schedule totally. See the full February 2010 update.
And to get the full details on March, view the updated TV Land March 2010 schedule.
ABC Family has picked-up a new original sitcom titled Melissa & Joey. The series has been given a 10-episode order and is scheduled to premiere later in 2010. Melissa & Joey is a half-hour multi-cam comedy with Melissa Joan Hart and Joey Lawrence executive producing and starring that finds Hart portraying Mel, the grown-up former wild child of a political family who is now a local politician herself. When her sister ends up in prison and brother-in-law flees after a scandal hits, Mel must take responsibility for her teenaged niece Lennox and pre-adolescent nephew Ryder. Spread too thin to manage by herself, help comes in the unlikely form of Joe (Lawrence) who, desperate for a job, moves in and becomes the family's "manny." David Kendall & Bob Young are executive producers and writers; Paula Hart also serves as executive producer.
Melissa Joan Hart has a long history on the network, and she and Joey recently starred in the network's original movie, My Fake Fiance, which broke records for the network last year. They have fantastic chemistry and are just so relatable to our viewers. We knew we wanted to get them together again, and developed this comedy specifically with them in mind, ABC Family says.
ABC Family has only one other original sitcom still airing and that's the single camera sitcom 10 Things I Hate About You. Their other original sitcoms like Roommmates and Ruby and the Rockits didn't do well in the ratings. Melissa & Joey join the recent pick-ups of two all-new original series, but those are dramas -- Huge and Pretty Little Liars. Both are also ordered for 10 episodes each and will launch later in 2010 as well.
Huge, based on author Sasha Paley's book of the same name, is being developed by Winnie Holzman (My So-Called Life, Once & Again) and daughter Savannah Dooley. Holzman will be executive producer on the premiere episode, and will serve as consultant for the remainder of the episodes. Dooley will serve as producer on the series. Alloy Entertainment's Bob Levy and Leslie Morgenstein will serve as executive producers; Robin Schiff (ABC Family's 10 Things I Hate About You) will serve as a consulting producer. Funny, heartbreaking and provocative, Huge follows the lives of six teens and the staff at a weight-loss camp, as they look beneath the surface to discover their true selves and the truth about each other.
Pretty Little Liars follows four estranged best friends who are reunited one year after their best friend and queen bee of the group, Alison, goes missing only to discover they are receiving messages from an anonymous "A" who knows all their secrets. The drama stars Lucy Hale (Privileged) as Aria, Troian Bellisario (Navy NCIS) as Spencer, Ashley Benson (Eastwick) as Hanna and Shay Mitchell as Emily. Also starring are Laura Leighton (Melrose Place) and Nia Peeples (The Young and the Restless). Additionally, Bianca Lawson (The Vampire Diaries) has been cast in a recurring role as Maya. Warner Horizon and Alloy Entertainment are producing; Bob Levy, Leslie Morgenstein and Marlene King are executive-producing.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.