Monday, January 11, 2010
The executive session was held at 12pm PT with Peter Rice (chairman of Fox) and Kevin Reilly (entertainment president of Fox) and that is why our blog was delayed today (more on the delay of this session in a bit). Among the announcements are that Glee has been given an early pick up for 2010-2011 season. And prior to the second season premiere, there will be a multi-part reality special on the show to find three new cast members. Fox has picked-up The X Factor to air starting Fall 2011. Simon Cowell, who created and launched The X Factor in the U.K. in 2004, will serve as both executive producer and judge on the U.S. version, which will be produced by Syco Television and FremantleMedia North America. He signed the contract right on stage, hence the reason for the delay of this session! Cowell will however leave American Idol at the end of the current season that starts tomorrow, so he can focus on this show fully. Fox has committed to American Idol for at least three more years. And will Paula Abdul join The X Factor? Cowell says, "I've gone on record, I adore Paula. Whatever happens, I will be working with her in some capacity..." No judges info has been announced yet for this show.
Upcoming summer drama Code 58 starring Bradley Whitford and Colin Hanks will premiere on Wednesday, May 12 at 8pm and will also air May 19 at 8pm before moving to Mondays at 9pm in the summer starting June 7. The series has an order for 13 episodes. The Simpsons reached a milestone episode last night with episode 450, now America's Most Wanted will reach its 1000th episode on Saturday, March 6, followed by episode 100 of Bones on Thursday, April 8, while Family Guy will reach episode 150 on Sunday, May 2.
Reilly mentioned Fox wants to do a comedy night that is non-animated. Perhaps Tuesdays next fall?
After the executive session we have a lunch break and writing break sponsored by Animation Domination from 12:45pm-2:15pm PT. Then Fox will have more panels of their series. At 2:15pm PT the panel is handed over to upcoming new midseason drama Past Life. On hand are stars Kelli Giddish, Nicholas Bishop, and Ravi Patel, along with executive producers David Hudgins & Lout Pitt. At 3pm PT there is a break sponsored by America's Most Wanted's 1000th episode, and host/executive producer John Walsh will be available for interviews (along with co-exec producer Steve Katz). Then at 3:30pm PT the final panel of the day belongs to 24. On hand will be stars Kiefer Sutherland, Cherry Jones, Mary Lynn Rajskub, Annie Wersching, Freddie Prinze Jr., Katee Sackhoff, Mykelti Williamson, Chris Diamantopoulos, and John Boyd along with co-executive producer Howard Gordon. Then later tonight from 7-10 PT it is the Fox Winter 2010 All-Star Party at the Villa Sorriso in Pasadena!
To recap Fox's midseason, Human Target launches this coming Sunday at 8pm and then will air Wednesday at 9pm for episode two before moving to Wednesdays at 8pm starting Jan. 27. 24 launches its season also on Sunday from 9-11pm and two more hours on Monday from 9-11pm before settling into its regular Mondays at 8pm slot. A new season of Kitchen Nightmares starts Friday, Jan. 29 at 9pm. New drama Past Life premieres Thursday, Feb. 11 from 8-10pm before moving to its regular 9m slot the following week. Fringe will then return on Thursday, April 1 at 9pm. New sitcom Sons Tucson launches Sunday, March 14 and will air at 9:30pm on Sundays, as American Dad! goes on hiatus. As of now, Glee will return on a new night of Tuesday starting April 13 at 9pm, but this was before Our Little Genius was pulled, so who knows it might return a week or two earlier than planned. Fox hasn't announced what will air Tuesdays at 9pm starting in February. Lie to Me still doesn't have a return date, so that night could be possible, but in the exec session, Reiley says it could return in spring.
Moving to regular news, TBS has made some time shifts to their schedule that started today. Due to the TCA press tour, we couldn't get this out to you a bit earlier, so we apologize. Like Hallmark's changes that began today, TBS won't be removing anything...just shifting timeslots. The biggest change is My Name is Earl leaving early evenings from 7-8pm and will move to late nights from 12-1am. Seinfeld is once again back in the 7pm hour. According to Jim and House of Payne will not have full hours anymore in the afternoons, but one airing will remain in the afternoon as the other airings of each move to mornings. The Office remains at 6:30pm, the only sitcom that launched this past fall that will remain in its slot. There are more time shifts as well, such as Raymond and King of Queens back to late afternoons/early evenings and a third airing of Fresh Prince in the mornings. Just what we need, right?
View the full TBS schedule, along with stunts, that starts TODAY!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.