Friday, January 22, 2010
Second High School Reunion Episode Scores for TV Land; Steve Harvey Now Host of Family Feud; State of the Union Airs Jan. 27
According to Nielsen Media Research, the second episode's installment of High School Reunion posted a 0.5 A25-54 rating (532,000 viewers among A25-54), up 56% in rating and 55% in viewers 25-54 over the season premiere (Jan. 13). Among the network's core A40-54 audience, the episode posted a 0.6 rating (322,000 viewers 40-54) increasing 54% in rating and 55% in viewers 40-54 over last week. The network averaged 788,000 total viewers for the second episode, up 38% versus the season premiere, with a median age of 44.
The eight-episode season from Next Entertainment and Warner Horizon Television is set on the beautiful island of Kauai and reunites former classmates from Las Vegas, Nevada’s Chaparral High School Class of 1989. This season makes High School Reunion history with three marriage proposals and an unforgettable wedding set against a beautiful Hawaiian backdrop. Yet with all the love in the air, old rivalries lurk in the shadows and some of the classmates have come to the reunion to settle scores with their high school nemeses, reveal secrets about their past, seek acceptance from their peers and hear long-sought-after apologies from their former classmates. The season finale will air Wednesday, March 3, 2010.
Family Feud is getting yet another new host. Current host John O'Hurley will be leaving at the end of the season. O'Hurley has been host since fall 2006. O'Hurley said in a statement that he decided to focus on his role in the touring production of the musical Chicago and a variety of business ventures. Replacing O'Hurley now will be former sitcom star Steve Harvey! He will take over starting Fall 2010, the 12th season of the revival.
Harvey, one of "The Original Kings of Comedy," is perhaps best known to audiences from his time starring in The Steve Harvey Show, which aired on The WB from 1996 to 2002. Harvey also hosts The Steve Harvey Morning Show, a nationally syndicated radio program that is heard daily by more than seven million listeners in more than 64 markets nationwide. He is also a special contributor to ABC's Good Morning America.
Family Feud returned to first-run syndication in Fall 1999 with host Louie Anderson. He was fired because he was bored and was replaced by Richard Karn in 2002. Karn left the show in 2006, replaced by O'Hurley, who will leave at the end of this season. Of course the original run of the series was hosted by the great Richard Dawson from 1976-85 on ABC. Then the series was revived once again from 1988-95, with the late Ray Combs as host for CBS and also syndication. Combs was fired in 1994, so Richard Dawson was brought back to host the 94-95 season. Combs committed suicide in 1996. And that's the history of Family Feud for you! They should have Dawson guest host a few times at least in 2010-11.
We wanted to cover the State of the Union plans for the networks today, but Fox and NBC still hasn't given us the plans for Mountain and Pacific timezones, so we will hold off until Monday for our report on that. View ABC and CBS's plans though for each time zone, that we posted on our message board. Stay with us on Monday for a full report right here.
President Obama's first State of the Union airs live on Wednesday (Jan. 27) from 9-10:30pm ET/6-7:30pm PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, September 26
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
Kevin Can Wait - "Sleep Disorder" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin rearranges the house to his liking after his buddies convince him that Donna makes all their decisions and has taken over the house for her own benefit. Also, Kendra enlists her Uncle Kyle (Gary Valentine) to help toughen up Chale.
Monday, September 26
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Watch Zach on on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Code Black on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Kal Penn (We Are Men/How I Met Your Mother) - Kal is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Norm stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Johnny Pemberton (Son of Zorn) - Johnny is a guest on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Margaret Cho (All-American Girl) - Margaret appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jaleel White (Family Matters/Grown Ups) - Jaleel is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Patton Oswalt (The Goldbergs/The King of Queens) - Patton visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Whoopi Goldberg (Whoopi/Bagdad Cafe) - Whoopi drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs live on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am. She also talks about her new album on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton talks about Younger on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of Younger) - Sutton Foster, Debi Mazar, Hilary Duff, Nico Tortorella, Peter Hermann, Miriam Shor and Molly Bernard are guests on the AOL Build Show at 2:15pm.