Friday, January 22, 2010
Second High School Reunion Episode Scores for TV Land; Steve Harvey Now Host of Family Feud; State of the Union Airs Jan. 27
According to Nielsen Media Research, the second episode's installment of High School Reunion posted a 0.5 A25-54 rating (532,000 viewers among A25-54), up 56% in rating and 55% in viewers 25-54 over the season premiere (Jan. 13). Among the network's core A40-54 audience, the episode posted a 0.6 rating (322,000 viewers 40-54) increasing 54% in rating and 55% in viewers 40-54 over last week. The network averaged 788,000 total viewers for the second episode, up 38% versus the season premiere, with a median age of 44.
The eight-episode season from Next Entertainment and Warner Horizon Television is set on the beautiful island of Kauai and reunites former classmates from Las Vegas, Nevada’s Chaparral High School Class of 1989. This season makes High School Reunion history with three marriage proposals and an unforgettable wedding set against a beautiful Hawaiian backdrop. Yet with all the love in the air, old rivalries lurk in the shadows and some of the classmates have come to the reunion to settle scores with their high school nemeses, reveal secrets about their past, seek acceptance from their peers and hear long-sought-after apologies from their former classmates. The season finale will air Wednesday, March 3, 2010.
Family Feud is getting yet another new host. Current host John O'Hurley will be leaving at the end of the season. O'Hurley has been host since fall 2006. O'Hurley said in a statement that he decided to focus on his role in the touring production of the musical Chicago and a variety of business ventures. Replacing O'Hurley now will be former sitcom star Steve Harvey! He will take over starting Fall 2010, the 12th season of the revival.
Harvey, one of "The Original Kings of Comedy," is perhaps best known to audiences from his time starring in The Steve Harvey Show, which aired on The WB from 1996 to 2002. Harvey also hosts The Steve Harvey Morning Show, a nationally syndicated radio program that is heard daily by more than seven million listeners in more than 64 markets nationwide. He is also a special contributor to ABC's Good Morning America.
Family Feud returned to first-run syndication in Fall 1999 with host Louie Anderson. He was fired because he was bored and was replaced by Richard Karn in 2002. Karn left the show in 2006, replaced by O'Hurley, who will leave at the end of this season. Of course the original run of the series was hosted by the great Richard Dawson from 1976-85 on ABC. Then the series was revived once again from 1988-95, with the late Ray Combs as host for CBS and also syndication. Combs was fired in 1994, so Richard Dawson was brought back to host the 94-95 season. Combs committed suicide in 1996. And that's the history of Family Feud for you! They should have Dawson guest host a few times at least in 2010-11.
We wanted to cover the State of the Union plans for the networks today, but Fox and NBC still hasn't given us the plans for Mountain and Pacific timezones, so we will hold off until Monday for our report on that. View ABC and CBS's plans though for each time zone, that we posted on our message board. Stay with us on Monday for a full report right here.
President Obama's first State of the Union airs live on Wednesday (Jan. 27) from 9-10:30pm ET/6-7:30pm PT.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, October 26
The Goldbergs - "Stefan King" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Adam’s love of Stephen King inspires him to try his hand at horror writing. After learning the monster in Adam’s story is based off Beverly, she forces Adam to stay in on Halloween and rewrite it, hoping he depicts her as a better mother. Meanwhile, Erica is desperate to find a date to the costume dance and forces Barry go with her.
Speechless - "H-A-L-- HALLOWEEN" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy is upset the kids no longer want to participate in the family tradition of dressing up for Halloween. Maya tries to cheer up Jimmy by allowing him to do things he loves by taking things off the family “Dead to Me” list. Meanwhile, Ray recruits Dylan to help work the school’s haunted mansion while Kenneth is scared of losing his job when JJ gets drunk at a party. Even though Maya is furious, she is thrilled to see JJ having a “normal” life.
Modern Family - "Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Luke’s Halloween party isn’t the monster bash he dreamed of and is at risk of having the worst party of the year. Sensing trouble, the rest of the Dunphy’s realize all his party needs is a visit from Rod Skyhook, a little promotion and some adult supervision to get it started. Meanwhile at the Tucker-Pritchett home, Cam faces off with his Halloween nemesis while Lily and Mitchell try to save the day and work to keep him from going to the darkside. Finally, when Jay finds out that Manny is going to a party at the home of an old enemy, he enlists him to deliver a trick he will never forget.
black-ish - "The Purge" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After Junior embarrasses Dre during a basketball game, Dre decides to remind Junior of his master pranking skills so he’ll never challenge him again. Meanwhile, the neighborhood participates in a “mischief night” during Halloween where petty crimes become legal, and Ruby takes it too far with the kids.
Younger - "P Is for Pancake" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Kelsey dates a seemingly perfect guy, but Liza and Lauren think it’s too soon. At a party of doctors, Josh puts his relationship with Liza under the microscope.
Impastor - "Sins of the Past-or Part 2" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Dora’s and Alexa’s lives are both in jeopardy and Buddy must choose which one to save. Russell and Dora have a falling out. Schmidt is robbed.
You're the Worst - "The Seventh Layer" (FXX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Vernon and Paul take a road trip.
Wednesday, October 26
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Watch Joel on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Abbi Jacobson (Broad City) - Abbi visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She will also be on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Colton Dunn (Superstore), Lauren Ash (Superstore/Super Fun Night and Nico Santos (Superstore) - Colton, Lauren and Nico are guests on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Donald Glover (Atlanta/Community) - Donald appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - See what happens when Dr. Oz visits the set of Dr. Ken on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John talks about The Crown on CBS This Morning sometime between 7-9am.
- Boris Kodjoe (The Last Man on Earth/Second Time Around) - Boris joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Issa Rae (Insecure) - Issa is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Colin Hanks (Life in Pieces) - Colin talks about Life in Pieces on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Marisa Tomei (A Different World) - Marisa appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Betsy Brandt (Life in Pieces/The Michael J. Fox Show) - Betsy talks about Life in PieceS on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.