Friday, January 29, 2010
Back to our lead story, Nick at Nite has announced their February 2010 highlights. The regular schedule will remain the same as it is now, which is pretty strong in the ratings. One change they made last weekend and will occur this weekend as well is that on Friday and Saturday nights from 2-4am Everybody Hates Chris gets an extra hour for some reason, preempting the 3am hour of Family Matters. This change isn't listed beyond this weekend, but that can change. Nothing else is changing.
As for highlights of stunts, Nick at Nite will present a week-long The Nanny marathon in time for Valentine's Day! The marathon starts Monday, Feb. 8 and will last into Valentine's night on Sunday, Feb. 14. The marathon airs from 11pm-6am ET/PT for these seven nights. It's seven nights of love with Fran and family! The Nanny star Fran Drescher hosts "Valentine Schmalentine." During "Valentine Schmalentine," Drescher invites viewers into her "boudoir" as she shares her expertise on love, dating, romance and relationships, as well as her favorite clips from the series. Elsewhere, the last two Sundays of February will have movies on Nick at Nite. The Nickelodeon original movie School Gyrlz will air on Sunday, Feb. 21 at 7pm leading into the big screen movie Drumline from 8pm-10:30pm. And on Sunday, Feb. 28, Nick at Nite will air the classic comedy movie Uncle Buck from 8pm-10:30pm. Other than all that, it is a pretty quiet month for Nick at Nite. Original animated comedy Glenn Martin continues to air Mondays at 8pm.
View the full Nick at Nite February 2010 schedule and highlights.
CBS has ordered more editions of its long running reality franchises Survivor and The Amazing Race for the 2010-2011 season.
Survivor will return with two more editions, marking the 21st and 22nd installments of broadcast television's longest-running reality competition series. The series' 20th edition, Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, premieres with a special two-hour episode on Thursday, Feb. 11 from 8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT.
CBS has also ordered the 17th edition of the seven-time Emmy Award-winning reality series The Amazing Race, hosted by Phil Keoghan. The 17th cycle will likely air in Fall 2010. The Amazing Race 16th edition returns Sunday, Feb. 14 at8:00 PM, ET/PT.
And finally, CBS has not officially put out a press release on this, but they have ordered a sixth season of Monday night sitcom How I Met Your Mother for the 2010-11 season. CBS did announce that Jennifer Lopez will guest star in an episode airing this March. Lopez will play Anita Appleby, a no-nonsense author of self-help books that teach women how to train men into relationship machines through the power of denial. When Robin tells Anita how Barney acts toward women, she makes it her mission to "break" him.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March/April)
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, April 29
Henry Danger - "Stuck in Two Holes" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Whaaaat?!? Captain Man and Kid Danger are each stuck in a hole?!? Charlotte and Jasper better go help, 'cuz Schwoz is takin' a bean bath!
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "I Want My Mae B. Back" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After Mae starts to spend more time with her new boyfriend, Dawn begins to get jealous so enlists Nicky, Ricky, and Dicky to help separate them so that she can have her friend back.
Sunday, April 30
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- America Ferrera (Superstore) - America drops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ike Barinholtz (The Mindy Project) - Ike appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Joel McHale (The Great Indoors/Community) - Joel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jake Johnson (New Girl) - Jake visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Hank Azaria (Brockmire/The Simpsons/Free Agents) - Hank stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to the Captain/Gary Unmarried) - Al appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ashton Kutcher (The Ranch/Two and a Half Men/That '70s Show) - Ashton appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison teams up with Mario Batali to make a cheesy, decadent Gnocchi Al Telefono and dishes about her new Broadway show on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Charlie Hunnam (Undeclared) - Charlie will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11:15am.
- Nick Robinson (Melissa & Joey) - Nick talks about his new film Everything, Everything on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.