Friday, January 29, 2010
Back to our lead story, Nick at Nite has announced their February 2010 highlights. The regular schedule will remain the same as it is now, which is pretty strong in the ratings. One change they made last weekend and will occur this weekend as well is that on Friday and Saturday nights from 2-4am Everybody Hates Chris gets an extra hour for some reason, preempting the 3am hour of Family Matters. This change isn't listed beyond this weekend, but that can change. Nothing else is changing.
As for highlights of stunts, Nick at Nite will present a week-long The Nanny marathon in time for Valentine's Day! The marathon starts Monday, Feb. 8 and will last into Valentine's night on Sunday, Feb. 14. The marathon airs from 11pm-6am ET/PT for these seven nights. It's seven nights of love with Fran and family! The Nanny star Fran Drescher hosts "Valentine Schmalentine." During "Valentine Schmalentine," Drescher invites viewers into her "boudoir" as she shares her expertise on love, dating, romance and relationships, as well as her favorite clips from the series. Elsewhere, the last two Sundays of February will have movies on Nick at Nite. The Nickelodeon original movie School Gyrlz will air on Sunday, Feb. 21 at 7pm leading into the big screen movie Drumline from 8pm-10:30pm. And on Sunday, Feb. 28, Nick at Nite will air the classic comedy movie Uncle Buck from 8pm-10:30pm. Other than all that, it is a pretty quiet month for Nick at Nite. Original animated comedy Glenn Martin continues to air Mondays at 8pm.
View the full Nick at Nite February 2010 schedule and highlights.
CBS has ordered more editions of its long running reality franchises Survivor and The Amazing Race for the 2010-2011 season.
Survivor will return with two more editions, marking the 21st and 22nd installments of broadcast television's longest-running reality competition series. The series' 20th edition, Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, premieres with a special two-hour episode on Thursday, Feb. 11 from 8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT.
CBS has also ordered the 17th edition of the seven-time Emmy Award-winning reality series The Amazing Race, hosted by Phil Keoghan. The 17th cycle will likely air in Fall 2010. The Amazing Race 16th edition returns Sunday, Feb. 14 at8:00 PM, ET/PT.
And finally, CBS has not officially put out a press release on this, but they have ordered a sixth season of Monday night sitcom How I Met Your Mother for the 2010-11 season. CBS did announce that Jennifer Lopez will guest star in an episode airing this March. Lopez will play Anita Appleby, a no-nonsense author of self-help books that teach women how to train men into relationship machines through the power of denial. When Robin tells Anita how Barney acts toward women, she makes it her mission to "break" him.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.