Friday, January 29, 2010
Back to our lead story, Nick at Nite has announced their February 2010 highlights. The regular schedule will remain the same as it is now, which is pretty strong in the ratings. One change they made last weekend and will occur this weekend as well is that on Friday and Saturday nights from 2-4am Everybody Hates Chris gets an extra hour for some reason, preempting the 3am hour of Family Matters. This change isn't listed beyond this weekend, but that can change. Nothing else is changing.
As for highlights of stunts, Nick at Nite will present a week-long The Nanny marathon in time for Valentine's Day! The marathon starts Monday, Feb. 8 and will last into Valentine's night on Sunday, Feb. 14. The marathon airs from 11pm-6am ET/PT for these seven nights. It's seven nights of love with Fran and family! The Nanny star Fran Drescher hosts "Valentine Schmalentine." During "Valentine Schmalentine," Drescher invites viewers into her "boudoir" as she shares her expertise on love, dating, romance and relationships, as well as her favorite clips from the series. Elsewhere, the last two Sundays of February will have movies on Nick at Nite. The Nickelodeon original movie School Gyrlz will air on Sunday, Feb. 21 at 7pm leading into the big screen movie Drumline from 8pm-10:30pm. And on Sunday, Feb. 28, Nick at Nite will air the classic comedy movie Uncle Buck from 8pm-10:30pm. Other than all that, it is a pretty quiet month for Nick at Nite. Original animated comedy Glenn Martin continues to air Mondays at 8pm.
View the full Nick at Nite February 2010 schedule and highlights.
CBS has ordered more editions of its long running reality franchises Survivor and The Amazing Race for the 2010-2011 season.
Survivor will return with two more editions, marking the 21st and 22nd installments of broadcast television's longest-running reality competition series. The series' 20th edition, Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains, premieres with a special two-hour episode on Thursday, Feb. 11 from 8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT.
CBS has also ordered the 17th edition of the seven-time Emmy Award-winning reality series The Amazing Race, hosted by Phil Keoghan. The 17th cycle will likely air in Fall 2010. The Amazing Race 16th edition returns Sunday, Feb. 14 at8:00 PM, ET/PT.
And finally, CBS has not officially put out a press release on this, but they have ordered a sixth season of Monday night sitcom How I Met Your Mother for the 2010-11 season. CBS did announce that Jennifer Lopez will guest star in an episode airing this March. Lopez will play Anita Appleby, a no-nonsense author of self-help books that teach women how to train men into relationship machines through the power of denial. When Robin tells Anita how Barney acts toward women, she makes it her mission to "break" him.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 3
Henry Danger - "Dodging Danger" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Henry uses his new super power to compete in a Dodge-A-Leen tournament, Ray, Schwoz, and Charlotte go undercover to teach Henry a lesson.
Monday, December 5
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Watch Will on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. He chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jason Bateman (Arrested Development/The Hogan Family/It's Your Move) - Jason visits The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gael García Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Steve Agee (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Steve appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- The Cast of Fuller House - The cast of Fuller House are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Miss Piggy (The Muppets) - Miss Piggy and Harry perform Deck the Halls on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Meredith Hagner (Search Party/Men at Work) - Meredith is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren appears on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. talks about Office Christmas Party on the AOL Build Show at 3pm. He will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. He can also be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 9:50am.
- Bradley Whitford (Happyish/Trophy Wife) - Bradley is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Josh McDermitt (Retired at 35) - Josh can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10:45am.
- Erinn Hayes (Kevin Can Wait/Guys with Kids/Worst Week) - Erinn talks about Kevin Can Wait on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.