Monday, January 25, 2010
Daily Half-Hour Sitcoms
American Dad! *WEEKENDS ONLY* (Twentieth Television)
Curb Your Enthusiasm (Warner Bros.)
Entourage (Warner Bros.)
How I Met Your Mother (Twentieth Television)
Meet the Browns (Debmar-Mercury)
The New Adventures of Old Christine (Warner Bros.)
Weekly Hour Dramas
Brothers and Sisters (Disney-ABC)
The Closer (Warner Bros.)
Criminal Minds (CBS)
Heartland (Genesis International)
Stargate: Universe (MGM)
Ugly Betty (Disney-ABC)
Cash Cab (MGM)
Real Housewives (NBC Universal)
True Hollywood Story (Debmar-Mercury)
Nate Berkus Show (Sony Pictures Television)
The Jeremy Kyle Show (Debmar-Mercury) (test run summer 2010)
Steve and Chris (Program Partners)
America's Court with Judge Kevin Ross (Entertainment Studios)
Judge Bryan Superior Court (All Media Partners)
Judge Heck (Trifecta)
Judge Karen's Court (Litton Entertainment)
Swift Justice with Nancy Grace (CBS Television Distribution)
Don't Forget the Lyrics! (Twentieth Television)
Tooned In (Trifecta)
Remember this is what is being offered. Some of these entries have not gotten clearances, but as soon as they do, we'll let you know. Discuss this update on our message board. Stay with us!
Latest clearances for Fall 2010:
Twentieth Television will launch Don't Forget the Lyrics! on the Fox-owned TV stations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Houston and Washington, D.C. It also will air on MyNetwork TV in primetime, paired with Twentieth's Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? on Tuesday nights, replacing Deal or No Deal, which is likely ending after this season. Don't Forget the Lyrics! will also have a run on Viacom-owned cable network VH1 (Fifth Grader airs on Viacom's CMT).
Debmar-Mercury has cleared E!'s True Hollywood Story in more than 65% of the country for a fall 2010 launch. Stations from the Fox, CBS, Weigel, Sunbeam, Capitol, Scripps, Raycom and Landmark broadcast groups have picked up the show, with clearances secured in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago. Debmar-Mercury has selected key episodes out of the more than 500 that exist. About 180 episodes have been chosen, It will run as a one-hour daily strip weekdays.
As promised, I'll give you the full updates on what the networks will do this Wednesday when President Obama gives his first State of the Union speech. We will cover each time zone, so you all will know what to expect!
First up is ABC. ABC will now not air an all-new [scrubs] now on a special night of Wednesday at 8pm due to the State of the Union plans. Instead a repeat of Modern Family will air instead. So, for the east/central, ABC will air Modern Family and The Middle repeats at 8/7 central. Then ABC will air the ABC News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response at 9/8c through 10:30/9:30c. A repeat of Cougar Town will air at a special time of 10:30/9:30c.
For the mountain time zone, the ABC News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response will air at 7:00pm MT followed by a repeat of Cougar Town at 8:30pm MT. Modern Family and The Middle repeats will follow at a special hour of 9pm MT.
Finally for the Pacific time zone, ABC News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response will air live at 6pm PT. From 7:30pm through 8:30pm PT, local programming will air. Comedy repeats will air in their normal times with The Middle, Modern Family and Cougar Town from 8:30pm-10pm PT. Local programming will air at 10pm PT though. View our recap of what we just said for ABC.
Next up is CBS. For the east/central time zones, repeats of Old Christine and Gary Unmarried will air in its normal 8/7 central hour. Then at 98 central, CBS News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response will air live. A repeat of Two and a Half Men will air at 10:30/9:30c on a special night.
For the mountain time zone, CBS News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response airs live at 7pm MT. Two and a Half Men will follow at 8:30pm MT, followed by repeats of Old Christine and Gary Unmarried at a special time from 9-10pm MT.
And finally for the Pacific time zone, CBS News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response airs live at 6pm PT. Local programming airs at 7:30pm PT following the speech. Old Christine and Gary Unmarried repeats air in their normal time periods of 8-9pm PT. A repeat of Two and a Half Men will air at 9:00pm PT on a special night, followed by another repeat of Gary Unmarried at 9:30pm PT. If the State of the Union does run long and ends at 11pm ET/8pm PT then in the Pacific time zone, Two and a Half Men/Gary Unmarried won't air in the 9pm PT hour. A repeat of Ghost Whisperer would then air instead. The 10pm PT hour will be programmed by local programming instead. View our recap of what we just said for CBS.
Moving to NBC, for the east/central time zone, a repeat of Mercy will air in its normal timeslot of 87 central, followed by NBC News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response. NBC has programmed it through 11/10c, so unlike ABC and CBS a comedy repeat will not air at 10:30/9:30c.
For the Mountain time zone, NBC News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response will air live at 7pm MT, followed by a repeat of Mercy at a special time of 9pm MT. And finally for the Pacific time zone, NBC News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response will air live at 6pm PT, followed by a repeat of Mercy at 8pm PT in its normal hour. The 9pm PT hour will be local programming, while the 10pm PT hour will be a repeat of Dateline NBC. View our recap of what we just said for NBC.
And finally for Fox, in the east/central they will air American Idol at a special time of 8/7 central, so Human Target will be preempted (but it will air on Tuesday, the night before, at 9/8 central). Fox's coverage of the State of the Union will follow at 9/8 central.
For the mountain time zone, the Fox news coverage of the State of the Union airs live at 7pm PT, followed by American Idol at a special time of 8:30-9:30pm MT. Local Programming will follow at 9:30pm MT. And for the Pacific time zone, Fox news coverage of the State of the Union airs live at 6pm PT. Local programming follows at 7:30pm Pt, then American Idol at 8pm PT, and more local programming in the 9pm PT hour. View our recap of what we just said for Fox.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November/December)
10/07 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Classic Christmas Episodes
10/07 - The Flying Nun - The Complete First and Second Seasons (Mill Creek)
10/07 - The Middle - The Complete Fifth Season (Warner Archive)
10/07 - The Office - The Complete Series
10/07 - The Wonders Years - Season One
10/10 - The Wonder Years - The Complete Series - TARGET="_blank">Read Our Review / The Signature Edition / Seasons 1-3
10/14 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Third Season
10/14 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Eleventh Season
10/21 - Married with Children - Seasons 5 and 6 (Mill Crek)
10/21 - The Soul Man - The Complete Second Season
10/21 - Square Pegs - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
10/28 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Series
11/04 - Hot in Cleveland - Season Five
11/04 - Napoleon Dynamite - The Complete Animated Series
11/04 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Complete Series
11/11 - Dads - The Complete Series
11/11 - Family Ties - The Complete Series
11/11 - My Favorite Martian - Best of Collection
11/11 - Taxi - The Complete Series
11/11 - Wings - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/18 - King of the Hill - The Complete Seventh Season / The Complete Eighth Season
11/25 - Better Off Ted - The Complete Second Season
12/02 - Happy Days - The Sixth Season
12/09 - Barney Miller - The Complete Sixth Season
12/09 - The Jeffersons - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mister Ed - The Complete Series
12/09 - Mork & Mindy - The Fourth Season / The Complete Series
12/16 - The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis - The Final (Fourth) Season
12/23 - My Favorite Martian - Season Two - Collector's Edition
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 20
The Big Bang Theory - "The Expedition Approximation" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Sheldon and Raj test whether they could survive a dark-matter research expedition in a salt mine by simulating the conditions in a steam tunnel. Meanwhile, Leonard and Penny seek advice from Wolowitz and Bernadette after they fight about money.
The Millers - "Movin' Out (Carol's Song) (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Carol begins her search for a new apartment, causing Nathan and Debbie to race each other to find her a place that is the farthest away from each of them. During the course of her house-hunting, Carol meets and develops an instant bond with Kip Finkle, her new best friend. Emmy Award winner Sean Hayes joins the cast as Kip Finkle.
American Dad - "Blonde Ambition" (TBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Hayley decides she might get more attention if she becomes a blonde, while Steve and Stan search for a new home for the Smiths.
When her efforts to save the planet prove hopeless, Hayley decides that she might get more attention if she becomes a blonde. Meanwhile, Stan and Steve go on a mission to find a new home for the Smiths.
Monday, October 20
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Watch Jason on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Casey Wilson (Marry Me/Happy Endings) - Casey stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jim Rash (Community) - Jim visits The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tori Spelling (Mystery Girls) - Tori stops by LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings. She also discusses her show True Tori on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She can be heard on the Howard Stern Show on SiriusXM channel 100.
- Lena Dunham (Girls) - Lena chats on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- Tom Lennon (Reno 911!/Sean Saves the World) - Tom is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly) - Melissa appears NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check listings.
- The Cast of The Wonder Years - Danica McKellar, Fred Savage and Josh Saviano reunite on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Kirk Cameron (Growing Pains/Kirk) - Kirk talks about bringing faith and family back to the holidays in his new film Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jim Gaffigan (My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim talks about his book (Food: A Lovey Story) on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Clark Gregg (The New Adventures of Old Christine) - Clark chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 12:30pm. He can be heard on Morning Mash-Up on SiriusXM Hits 1 channel 2 at at 9:45am.
- Scott Foley (The Goodwin Games/A.U.S.A.) - Scott chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Michael Rapaport (The War at Home) - Michael is a guest on HuffPost Live at 2:30pm.
- Jonathan Kite (2 Broke Girls) - Jonathan talks about 2 Broke Girls on Arise TV at 7pm on Centric.
- Katey Sagal (Marry Me/8 Simple Rules/Married with Children) - Katey appears on The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 2am on BET.
- Billy Gardell (Mike & Molly) - Mike will be on PIX11 Morning News on WPIX in New York at 8:50am.