Monday, January 25, 2010
Daily Half-Hour Sitcoms
American Dad! *WEEKENDS ONLY* (Twentieth Television)
Curb Your Enthusiasm (Warner Bros.)
Entourage (Warner Bros.)
How I Met Your Mother (Twentieth Television)
Meet the Browns (Debmar-Mercury)
The New Adventures of Old Christine (Warner Bros.)
Weekly Hour Dramas
Brothers and Sisters (Disney-ABC)
The Closer (Warner Bros.)
Criminal Minds (CBS)
Heartland (Genesis International)
Stargate: Universe (MGM)
Ugly Betty (Disney-ABC)
Cash Cab (MGM)
Real Housewives (NBC Universal)
True Hollywood Story (Debmar-Mercury)
Nate Berkus Show (Sony Pictures Television)
The Jeremy Kyle Show (Debmar-Mercury) (test run summer 2010)
Steve and Chris (Program Partners)
America's Court with Judge Kevin Ross (Entertainment Studios)
Judge Bryan Superior Court (All Media Partners)
Judge Heck (Trifecta)
Judge Karen's Court (Litton Entertainment)
Swift Justice with Nancy Grace (CBS Television Distribution)
Don't Forget the Lyrics! (Twentieth Television)
Tooned In (Trifecta)
Remember this is what is being offered. Some of these entries have not gotten clearances, but as soon as they do, we'll let you know. Discuss this update on our message board. Stay with us!
Latest clearances for Fall 2010:
Twentieth Television will launch Don't Forget the Lyrics! on the Fox-owned TV stations in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Houston and Washington, D.C. It also will air on MyNetwork TV in primetime, paired with Twentieth's Are You Smarter Than a Fifth Grader? on Tuesday nights, replacing Deal or No Deal, which is likely ending after this season. Don't Forget the Lyrics! will also have a run on Viacom-owned cable network VH1 (Fifth Grader airs on Viacom's CMT).
Debmar-Mercury has cleared E!'s True Hollywood Story in more than 65% of the country for a fall 2010 launch. Stations from the Fox, CBS, Weigel, Sunbeam, Capitol, Scripps, Raycom and Landmark broadcast groups have picked up the show, with clearances secured in New York, Los Angeles and Chicago. Debmar-Mercury has selected key episodes out of the more than 500 that exist. About 180 episodes have been chosen, It will run as a one-hour daily strip weekdays.
As promised, I'll give you the full updates on what the networks will do this Wednesday when President Obama gives his first State of the Union speech. We will cover each time zone, so you all will know what to expect!
First up is ABC. ABC will now not air an all-new [scrubs] now on a special night of Wednesday at 8pm due to the State of the Union plans. Instead a repeat of Modern Family will air instead. So, for the east/central, ABC will air Modern Family and The Middle repeats at 8/7 central. Then ABC will air the ABC News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response at 9/8c through 10:30/9:30c. A repeat of Cougar Town will air at a special time of 10:30/9:30c.
For the mountain time zone, the ABC News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response will air at 7:00pm MT followed by a repeat of Cougar Town at 8:30pm MT. Modern Family and The Middle repeats will follow at a special hour of 9pm MT.
Finally for the Pacific time zone, ABC News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response will air live at 6pm PT. From 7:30pm through 8:30pm PT, local programming will air. Comedy repeats will air in their normal times with The Middle, Modern Family and Cougar Town from 8:30pm-10pm PT. Local programming will air at 10pm PT though. View our recap of what we just said for ABC.
Next up is CBS. For the east/central time zones, repeats of Old Christine and Gary Unmarried will air in its normal 8/7 central hour. Then at 98 central, CBS News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response will air live. A repeat of Two and a Half Men will air at 10:30/9:30c on a special night.
For the mountain time zone, CBS News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response airs live at 7pm MT. Two and a Half Men will follow at 8:30pm MT, followed by repeats of Old Christine and Gary Unmarried at a special time from 9-10pm MT.
And finally for the Pacific time zone, CBS News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response airs live at 6pm PT. Local programming airs at 7:30pm PT following the speech. Old Christine and Gary Unmarried repeats air in their normal time periods of 8-9pm PT. A repeat of Two and a Half Men will air at 9:00pm PT on a special night, followed by another repeat of Gary Unmarried at 9:30pm PT. If the State of the Union does run long and ends at 11pm ET/8pm PT then in the Pacific time zone, Two and a Half Men/Gary Unmarried won't air in the 9pm PT hour. A repeat of Ghost Whisperer would then air instead. The 10pm PT hour will be programmed by local programming instead. View our recap of what we just said for CBS.
Moving to NBC, for the east/central time zone, a repeat of Mercy will air in its normal timeslot of 87 central, followed by NBC News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response. NBC has programmed it through 11/10c, so unlike ABC and CBS a comedy repeat will not air at 10:30/9:30c.
For the Mountain time zone, NBC News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response will air live at 7pm MT, followed by a repeat of Mercy at a special time of 9pm MT. And finally for the Pacific time zone, NBC News Special: President Obama's State of the Union Address and the Republican Response will air live at 6pm PT, followed by a repeat of Mercy at 8pm PT in its normal hour. The 9pm PT hour will be local programming, while the 10pm PT hour will be a repeat of Dateline NBC. View our recap of what we just said for NBC.
And finally for Fox, in the east/central they will air American Idol at a special time of 8/7 central, so Human Target will be preempted (but it will air on Tuesday, the night before, at 9/8 central). Fox's coverage of the State of the Union will follow at 9/8 central.
For the mountain time zone, the Fox news coverage of the State of the Union airs live at 7pm PT, followed by American Idol at a special time of 8:30-9:30pm MT. Local Programming will follow at 9:30pm MT. And for the Pacific time zone, Fox news coverage of the State of the Union airs live at 6pm PT. Local programming follows at 7:30pm Pt, then American Idol at 8pm PT, and more local programming in the 9pm PT hour. View our recap of what we just said for Fox.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.