Monday, December 21, 2009
The reason for the change is because come January Roseanne might spill over past 2am at times on TV Land, mainly 3-4am, due to the addition of Home Improvement. The Cosby Show airs on TV Land weeknights in the 2am hour and the 3am half-hour, but that half-hour will likely be removed since it will be on sister network Nick at Nite at the same time.
Somehow I think we have not heard the last on both TV Land and Nick at Nite January 2010, so stay with us as we receive updates. In fact, we still have to give you Nick at Nite January 2010 highlights. Hopefully we can give you that by this week.
Alaina Reed Hall who is best remembered for her role as Rose from the '80s sitcom 227 has passed away. Alaina passed away on Thursday (Dec. 17, 2009) after a battle with breast cancer. Prior to landing the role of Rose on 227, Alaina played Olivia, Gordon's younger sister, on Sesame Street for 12 years from 1976-1988. 227 aired on NBC from 1985-1990 and was taped in Los Angeles, while Sesame Street was taped in New York, so Alaina decided to leave Sesame Street due to the cross-country travel.
Alaina also guest starred on many other TV series such as Baby I'm Back, Herman's Head, Reading Rainbow, A Different World, Blossom, Friends, The Drew Carey Show, Lois & Clark, Between Brothers, The Steve Harvey Show, NYPD Blue, Ally McBeal, NewsRadio, Any Day Now, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and ER. Alaina also had voice roles on two animated series, Sonic the Hedgehog and Where on Earth is Carmen San Diego? Alaina also was a co-star on a short lived sitcom for The WB in 1995 called Cleghorne! that also starred Ellen Clegorne, Garrett Morris and Sherri Shepherd. While she was known for her TV roles, she also appeared in a few big screen movies such as Death Becomes Her and Cruel Intentions.
Alaina will be deeply missed and I just wish 227 repeats were more prominent on television and DVD today. We had gotten word of her death on Friday from actor Shavar Ross, but were waiting on more details. Alaina was only 63.
And finally, as everyone probably knows already, Brittany Murphy has passed away. She was very young and the death is totally unexpected. She died in Los Angeles on Sunday (December 20, 2009) after suffering cardiac arrest in her bathroom, officials said. Brittany provided the voice of Luanne on the Fox animated series King of the Hill. While she was known more for her movie roles, Brittany got her start on television. She co-starred on the short-lived sitcom Drexell's Class in 1991-92. She also co-starred on the sitcom Almost Home in 1993, which was a follow-up series of The Torkelsons. Among her other TV roles were guest shots on Murphy Brown, Parker Lewis Can't Lose, Blossom, Party of Five, Frasier, Sister Sister, Boy Meets World, The Marshal, seaQuest DSV, Murder One, Nash Bridges, and Clueless. She got her big break on the big screen movie Clueless, which lead to movies such as Drop Dead Gorgeous, Girl Interrupted, Don't Say a Word, 8 Mile, Just Married, Uptown Girls, Sin City, Happy Feet, and more. She has a few films still yet to be released. She is gone way too soon, and she will be missed dearly by her TV and movie fans. Brittany was only 32.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August)
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/20 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 5th Season
07/26 - Family Matters - The Complete Seventh Season (WBShop.com)
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
08/02 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete First Season (WBShop.com)
08/09 - Maude - The Complete Final (Sixth) Season
08/23 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Three
08/23 - Superstore - Season One
08/23 - The Wonder Years - Complete Series (New Slipcase Version)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, August 23
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Paranoia" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Rosa enlists Jake to help change Terry’s disapproving opinion about her fast-moving relationship with Adrian Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). But their love for each other is put on hold when Pimento thinks someone from his past is trying to kill him.
New Girl - "Dress" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jess races to make alterations to Cece’s bridal dress, while Schmidt tries to keep his “wedding workshop” a secret at work, and Nick struggles to ask Reagan to be his date to the nuptials. Meanwhile, Winston and Aly (guest star Nasim Pedrad) try to keep their relationship on the down-low at work.
Bunk'd - "Griff Is in the House!" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The Ross kids trade their penthouse for Camp Kikiwaka for the summer only to to find a new counselor in the Woodchuck cabin.
Tuesday, August 23
- Donald Glover (Atlanta/Community) - Catch Donald on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Rami Malek (The War at Home) - Rami stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She also talks about Southside with You on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation) - Ben visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Riki Lindhome (Another Period) and Natasha Leggero (Another Period/Free Agents) - Riki and Natasha are guests on a repeat of Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Trevor Noah at 11pm.
- John Krasinski (The Office) - John appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Judy Greer (Married/Mad Love/Miss Guided) - Judy drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Jaime King (Gary Unmarried/The Class/Kitchen Confidential) - Jaime is a guest on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Patti appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Dave Coulier (Fuller House/Full House) - Dave co-hosts Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice) - Henry talks about Better Late Than Never on NBC's Today in the 10am hour, on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET, and on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Casey Wilson (Happy Endings/Marry Me) - Casey discusses Amazon's One Mississippi on the AOL Build Show at 3:15am.