Monday, December 21, 2009
The reason for the change is because come January Roseanne might spill over past 2am at times on TV Land, mainly 3-4am, due to the addition of Home Improvement. The Cosby Show airs on TV Land weeknights in the 2am hour and the 3am half-hour, but that half-hour will likely be removed since it will be on sister network Nick at Nite at the same time.
Somehow I think we have not heard the last on both TV Land and Nick at Nite January 2010, so stay with us as we receive updates. In fact, we still have to give you Nick at Nite January 2010 highlights. Hopefully we can give you that by this week.
Alaina Reed Hall who is best remembered for her role as Rose from the '80s sitcom 227 has passed away. Alaina passed away on Thursday (Dec. 17, 2009) after a battle with breast cancer. Prior to landing the role of Rose on 227, Alaina played Olivia, Gordon's younger sister, on Sesame Street for 12 years from 1976-1988. 227 aired on NBC from 1985-1990 and was taped in Los Angeles, while Sesame Street was taped in New York, so Alaina decided to leave Sesame Street due to the cross-country travel.
Alaina also guest starred on many other TV series such as Baby I'm Back, Herman's Head, Reading Rainbow, A Different World, Blossom, Friends, The Drew Carey Show, Lois & Clark, Between Brothers, The Steve Harvey Show, NYPD Blue, Ally McBeal, NewsRadio, Any Day Now, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and ER. Alaina also had voice roles on two animated series, Sonic the Hedgehog and Where on Earth is Carmen San Diego? Alaina also was a co-star on a short lived sitcom for The WB in 1995 called Cleghorne! that also starred Ellen Clegorne, Garrett Morris and Sherri Shepherd. While she was known for her TV roles, she also appeared in a few big screen movies such as Death Becomes Her and Cruel Intentions.
Alaina will be deeply missed and I just wish 227 repeats were more prominent on television and DVD today. We had gotten word of her death on Friday from actor Shavar Ross, but were waiting on more details. Alaina was only 63.
And finally, as everyone probably knows already, Brittany Murphy has passed away. She was very young and the death is totally unexpected. She died in Los Angeles on Sunday (December 20, 2009) after suffering cardiac arrest in her bathroom, officials said. Brittany provided the voice of Luanne on the Fox animated series King of the Hill. While she was known more for her movie roles, Brittany got her start on television. She co-starred on the short-lived sitcom Drexell's Class in 1991-92. She also co-starred on the sitcom Almost Home in 1993, which was a follow-up series of The Torkelsons. Among her other TV roles were guest shots on Murphy Brown, Parker Lewis Can't Lose, Blossom, Party of Five, Frasier, Sister Sister, Boy Meets World, The Marshal, seaQuest DSV, Murder One, Nash Bridges, and Clueless. She got her big break on the big screen movie Clueless, which lead to movies such as Drop Dead Gorgeous, Girl Interrupted, Don't Say a Word, 8 Mile, Just Married, Uptown Girls, Sin City, Happy Feet, and more. She has a few films still yet to be released. She is gone way too soon, and she will be missed dearly by her TV and movie fans. Brittany was only 32.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, May 5
The Big Bang Theory - "The Line Substitution Solution" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Sheldon hires Stuart to spend the day with Amy when he’d rather go to a movie screening. Also, Leonard’s mother, Beverly (Christine Baranski), comes to town and Penny struggles to make a connection with her.
The Odd Couple - "An Oscar Named Desire" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Oscar and Charlotte hit a speed bump when they hesitate to take their relationship to the next level. Also, Felix attempts to overcome his fear of dogs with Teddy’s help when Emily regains custody of Biscuit.
Mom - "Pure Evil and a Free Piece of Cheesecake" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Christy learns she made the Dean’s List at school, she is disappointed by Bonnie’s lackluster response. Richard Schiff guest stars as Robert, Bonnie’s fantasy co-worker.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Ten Inches" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline need more space for their renovated dessert bar, they’re willing to do just about anything to convince Angie (Lisa Lampanelli), the brash owner of the pizza place next door, to rent them her back office.
Thursday, May 5
- Rob Lowe (The Grinder/Parks and Recreation) - Catch Rob on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Dana Carvey (One of the Boys) - Dana appears on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also talks about First Impressions on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and in the 9am hour.
- Zach Woods (Silicon Valley/Playing House/The Office) - Zach is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Louis C.K. (Louie) - Louis stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Mary Elizabeth Ellis (The Grinder/Perfect Couples/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Mary appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Morris Chestnut (Out All Night) - Morris visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Geena Davis (The Geena Davis Show/Buffalo Bill) - Geena gives highlights of this year's Bentonville Film Festival on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Sarah Jessica Parker (Sex and the City/Square Pegs) - Sarah is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Mario chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Alyssa Milano (Who's the Boss?/Romantically Challenged) - Alyssa is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Eric Stonestreet (Modern Family) - Eric appears on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET and on the AOL Build Show at 3pm.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.