Monday, December 21, 2009
The reason for the change is because come January Roseanne might spill over past 2am at times on TV Land, mainly 3-4am, due to the addition of Home Improvement. The Cosby Show airs on TV Land weeknights in the 2am hour and the 3am half-hour, but that half-hour will likely be removed since it will be on sister network Nick at Nite at the same time.
Somehow I think we have not heard the last on both TV Land and Nick at Nite January 2010, so stay with us as we receive updates. In fact, we still have to give you Nick at Nite January 2010 highlights. Hopefully we can give you that by this week.
Alaina Reed Hall who is best remembered for her role as Rose from the '80s sitcom 227 has passed away. Alaina passed away on Thursday (Dec. 17, 2009) after a battle with breast cancer. Prior to landing the role of Rose on 227, Alaina played Olivia, Gordon's younger sister, on Sesame Street for 12 years from 1976-1988. 227 aired on NBC from 1985-1990 and was taped in Los Angeles, while Sesame Street was taped in New York, so Alaina decided to leave Sesame Street due to the cross-country travel.
Alaina also guest starred on many other TV series such as Baby I'm Back, Herman's Head, Reading Rainbow, A Different World, Blossom, Friends, The Drew Carey Show, Lois & Clark, Between Brothers, The Steve Harvey Show, NYPD Blue, Ally McBeal, NewsRadio, Any Day Now, The Suite Life of Zack and Cody and ER. Alaina also had voice roles on two animated series, Sonic the Hedgehog and Where on Earth is Carmen San Diego? Alaina also was a co-star on a short lived sitcom for The WB in 1995 called Cleghorne! that also starred Ellen Clegorne, Garrett Morris and Sherri Shepherd. While she was known for her TV roles, she also appeared in a few big screen movies such as Death Becomes Her and Cruel Intentions.
Alaina will be deeply missed and I just wish 227 repeats were more prominent on television and DVD today. We had gotten word of her death on Friday from actor Shavar Ross, but were waiting on more details. Alaina was only 63.
And finally, as everyone probably knows already, Brittany Murphy has passed away. She was very young and the death is totally unexpected. She died in Los Angeles on Sunday (December 20, 2009) after suffering cardiac arrest in her bathroom, officials said. Brittany provided the voice of Luanne on the Fox animated series King of the Hill. While she was known more for her movie roles, Brittany got her start on television. She co-starred on the short-lived sitcom Drexell's Class in 1991-92. She also co-starred on the sitcom Almost Home in 1993, which was a follow-up series of The Torkelsons. Among her other TV roles were guest shots on Murphy Brown, Parker Lewis Can't Lose, Blossom, Party of Five, Frasier, Sister Sister, Boy Meets World, The Marshal, seaQuest DSV, Murder One, Nash Bridges, and Clueless. She got her big break on the big screen movie Clueless, which lead to movies such as Drop Dead Gorgeous, Girl Interrupted, Don't Say a Word, 8 Mile, Just Married, Uptown Girls, Sin City, Happy Feet, and more. She has a few films still yet to be released. She is gone way too soon, and she will be missed dearly by her TV and movie fans. Brittany was only 32.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, May 25
Lopez - "Lopez Gets Roasted" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
George agrees to be roasted before finding out his wife is legally tying up his jokes, leaving him without an act. Will he be able to change her mind or get out of the roast in time?
The Soul Man - "No Bingo, No Peace" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Mayor Saxby is purposely interrupting all aspects of the Ballentines' lives, including revoking Barton's Bingo permit. When Barton protests, it inspires Boyce to take action.
Schitt's Creek - "Lawn Signs" (Pop, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Some of Moira's lawn signs disappear; David and Alexis work to get David's boss out of trouble.
Wednesday, May 25
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Watch David on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Wil Wheaton (The Big Bang Theory) - Wil is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Sean Hayes (The Millers/Sean Saves the World/Will & Grace) - Sean talks about An Act of God on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Peter Scolari (Newhart/Bosom Buddies) - Peter visits New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril dishes up his famous banana cream pie on Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) and Kate Flannery (The Office) - Jane and Kate talk about See Jane Sing on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Sherri Shepherd (Less Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri talks about WE's Match Made in Heaven on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) - Melissa and the cast of Ghostbusters are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Mark Feuerstein (Good Morning, Miami) - Mark is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.