Wednesday, December 09, 2009
It first launches on Logo with a marathon on New Year's Day (Friday, Jan. 1, 2010), from 6am-12am ET! That's 18 hours of kicking vampire butt! Buffy joins The L Word and Queer as Folk as other scripted dramas on Logo. Buffy will regularly air on Logo weeknights at 6pm & 7pm and also 2am & 3am starting Jan. 4. It will also air at various times on weekends, such as Fridays in primetime at 9pm & 10pm, and weekend mornings. Keep an eye out, because weekends are not the same every week...there will be a whole lotta Buffy, though!
As for MTV, the series premieres with an 8-hour marathon on Sunday, January 10, 2010 starting at 11am. Then it will regularly air on MTV weekdays at 11am starting Monday, January 11 following hours of Grounded for Life and Degrassi.
The airings on Logo and MTV mark the first time Buffy has been on cable since FX stopped airing the show last fall, when they had relegated to weekend mornings. Buffy aired on and off on FX from 2001-2008.
At the young age of 16, Buffy Summers was chosen to hunt vampires, demons, and the
forces of darkness. After the ordeal at Hemery High, Buffy Summers wound up at Sunnydale High. Joined with Willow Rosenberg and Alexander "Xander" Harris, and her watcher Giles, Buffy fights the challenges of High School and saves the world...a lot. Some of the guest stars over the years on Buffy included John Ritter, Nathan Fillion, and Ashanti.
There has been a few minor Nick at Nite changes that have recently happened. Since Monday (Dec. 7), the weekdays 6-7am hour is now Family Matters, as it was only airing Tuesdays and Thursdays before. The Nanny was airing Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays....but now Family Matters is fully on weekdays. Weekends remain the same with Family Matters in the 6am hour and The Nanny on Sundays in that hour. On Friday nights, Everybody Hates Chris will now air at 2am instead of 1:30am, as George Lopez encore will air in the 1am hour now. Previously it was The Nanny at 1am and Chris at 1:30am. And finally, Malcolm in the Middle late nights on weekends are now gone. They were airing Saturday and Sunday nights in the 1am hour, now we get another hour of The Nanny instead, now from 11pm-2am.
We previously mentioned that next week (Dec. 14), will have George Lopez air 9-11pm on Mon-Thurs, and as of now it is still happening. It is only for that week.
View the updated changes for Nick at Nite December 2009 and stay with us in the coming weeks for the January 2010 schedule and highlights!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.