Wednesday, December 09, 2009
It first launches on Logo with a marathon on New Year's Day (Friday, Jan. 1, 2010), from 6am-12am ET! That's 18 hours of kicking vampire butt! Buffy joins The L Word and Queer as Folk as other scripted dramas on Logo. Buffy will regularly air on Logo weeknights at 6pm & 7pm and also 2am & 3am starting Jan. 4. It will also air at various times on weekends, such as Fridays in primetime at 9pm & 10pm, and weekend mornings. Keep an eye out, because weekends are not the same every week...there will be a whole lotta Buffy, though!
As for MTV, the series premieres with an 8-hour marathon on Sunday, January 10, 2010 starting at 11am. Then it will regularly air on MTV weekdays at 11am starting Monday, January 11 following hours of Grounded for Life and Degrassi.
The airings on Logo and MTV mark the first time Buffy has been on cable since FX stopped airing the show last fall, when they had relegated to weekend mornings. Buffy aired on and off on FX from 2001-2008.
At the young age of 16, Buffy Summers was chosen to hunt vampires, demons, and the
forces of darkness. After the ordeal at Hemery High, Buffy Summers wound up at Sunnydale High. Joined with Willow Rosenberg and Alexander "Xander" Harris, and her watcher Giles, Buffy fights the challenges of High School and saves the world...a lot. Some of the guest stars over the years on Buffy included John Ritter, Nathan Fillion, and Ashanti.
There has been a few minor Nick at Nite changes that have recently happened. Since Monday (Dec. 7), the weekdays 6-7am hour is now Family Matters, as it was only airing Tuesdays and Thursdays before. The Nanny was airing Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays....but now Family Matters is fully on weekdays. Weekends remain the same with Family Matters in the 6am hour and The Nanny on Sundays in that hour. On Friday nights, Everybody Hates Chris will now air at 2am instead of 1:30am, as George Lopez encore will air in the 1am hour now. Previously it was The Nanny at 1am and Chris at 1:30am. And finally, Malcolm in the Middle late nights on weekends are now gone. They were airing Saturday and Sunday nights in the 1am hour, now we get another hour of The Nanny instead, now from 11pm-2am.
We previously mentioned that next week (Dec. 14), will have George Lopez air 9-11pm on Mon-Thurs, and as of now it is still happening. It is only for that week.
View the updated changes for Nick at Nite December 2009 and stay with us in the coming weeks for the January 2010 schedule and highlights!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January/February)
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One / Review
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two / Review
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, February 20
Kevin Can Wait - "Neighborhood Watch" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Donna’s cousin, Irene (Claire Coffee), comes to visit with her chatty husband, Stuart (Alexander Chaplin), Kevin concocts an elaborate plan to avoid spending time with them by forming a neighborhood watch group with his buddies, including his neighbor, Rootger (Bas Rutten).
Man with a Plan - "Kate's First Date" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Kate is asked out on her first date, Adam can’t curb his overprotective ways. Also, Don enlists Lowell’s help to buy the perfect anniversary gift for Marcy.
Superior Donuts - "Trust Me" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Arthur is reluctant to let Franco make the shop’s bank deposit, Franco accuses his boss of not trusting him. Also, James regrets confiding in Randy after she shares an embarrassing secret about him with other cops at the station.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Jessica Shmessica" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Bobby (Christopher Gorham) invites Caroline to a party to meet his family, she is eager to make a good impression but isn’t prepared for the torch that his mother and sisters still carry for Bobby’s ex-girlfriend. Also, Caroline’s nerves are even more frayed when the diner gang decides to tag along. Guest stars include Nora Dunn as Bobby’s mother, Teresa, and Kerri Kenney-Silver as his sister, Denise.
Monday, February 20
- Jason Jones (The Detour) - Watch Jason on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Norm Macdonald (The Norm Show/A Minute with Stan Hooper) - Norm is a guest on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Keke Palmer (Scream Queens/True Jackson, VP) - Keke appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Patricia Heaton (The Middle/Back to You/Everybody Loves Raymond) - Patricia chats on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - NeNe guest co-hosts The Real, so check your local listings.
- Mike Farrell, Loretta Swit and Jamie Farr (M*A*S*H) - Mike, Loretta and Jamie are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Anne-Marie Johnson (What's Happening Now!!) - Anne-Marie discusses diversity at the Oscars on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Adam Scott (Parks and Recreation) - Adam joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Rosie Perez (Search Party) - Rosie is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Regina Hall (Grandfathered) - Regina appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Louie Anderson (Baskets/The Louie Show/Life with Louie) - Louie is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.