Wednesday, December 09, 2009
It first launches on Logo with a marathon on New Year's Day (Friday, Jan. 1, 2010), from 6am-12am ET! That's 18 hours of kicking vampire butt! Buffy joins The L Word and Queer as Folk as other scripted dramas on Logo. Buffy will regularly air on Logo weeknights at 6pm & 7pm and also 2am & 3am starting Jan. 4. It will also air at various times on weekends, such as Fridays in primetime at 9pm & 10pm, and weekend mornings. Keep an eye out, because weekends are not the same every week...there will be a whole lotta Buffy, though!
As for MTV, the series premieres with an 8-hour marathon on Sunday, January 10, 2010 starting at 11am. Then it will regularly air on MTV weekdays at 11am starting Monday, January 11 following hours of Grounded for Life and Degrassi.
The airings on Logo and MTV mark the first time Buffy has been on cable since FX stopped airing the show last fall, when they had relegated to weekend mornings. Buffy aired on and off on FX from 2001-2008.
At the young age of 16, Buffy Summers was chosen to hunt vampires, demons, and the
forces of darkness. After the ordeal at Hemery High, Buffy Summers wound up at Sunnydale High. Joined with Willow Rosenberg and Alexander "Xander" Harris, and her watcher Giles, Buffy fights the challenges of High School and saves the world...a lot. Some of the guest stars over the years on Buffy included John Ritter, Nathan Fillion, and Ashanti.
There has been a few minor Nick at Nite changes that have recently happened. Since Monday (Dec. 7), the weekdays 6-7am hour is now Family Matters, as it was only airing Tuesdays and Thursdays before. The Nanny was airing Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays....but now Family Matters is fully on weekdays. Weekends remain the same with Family Matters in the 6am hour and The Nanny on Sundays in that hour. On Friday nights, Everybody Hates Chris will now air at 2am instead of 1:30am, as George Lopez encore will air in the 1am hour now. Previously it was The Nanny at 1am and Chris at 1:30am. And finally, Malcolm in the Middle late nights on weekends are now gone. They were airing Saturday and Sunday nights in the 1am hour, now we get another hour of The Nanny instead, now from 11pm-2am.
We previously mentioned that next week (Dec. 14), will have George Lopez air 9-11pm on Mon-Thurs, and as of now it is still happening. It is only for that week.
View the updated changes for Nick at Nite December 2009 and stay with us in the coming weeks for the January 2010 schedule and highlights!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, October 24
Kevin Can Wait - "Beat the Parents" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Kevin and Donna are thrilled when their son, Jack, makes friends with a boy from school, Grayden (Graydon Peter Yosowitz), however, when Donna and Kevin don’t hit it off with Grayden’s arrogant father, Vic (Ray Romano), and his pushy wife, Brandi (Lindsay Broad), they set out to sabotage the boys’ new friendship. Matt Romano guest stars as Vic’s second son, Braden.
Man with a Plan - "Pilot" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Golden Globe Award winner Matt LeBlanc stars as Adam, a contractor who starts spending more time with his three kids when his wife, Andi, goes back to work and discovers the truth all parents eventually realize—their little angels are maniacs.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Godmama Drama" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Oleg and Sophie’s plan to have Max and Caroline as Barbara’s godparents is derailed when Oleg’s domineering mother, Olga (Mercedes Ruehl), arrives from the Ukraine for the baby’s baptism and fires Max and Caroline from their godparent duties.
The Odd Couple - "Food Fight" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When Oscar learns that his favorite hangout, Langford’s, is in financial trouble, he impulsively asks Felix to help save it, without considering the disastrous consequences. Also, Felix tries to make his mark on the restaurant when the owner, Fred Langford (Fred Willard), puts him in charge for a few days.
Monday, October 24
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kate Micucci (Raising Hope/The Big Bang Theory) - Kate is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nico Tortorella (Younger) - Nico guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.