Wednesday, December 23, 2009
First off, ABC has decided to air repeats of Scrubs next Tuesday (Dec. 29) at 9pm and Tuesday, January 12 at 8pm. The first two episodes of the season will repeat on these dates. Scrubs will remain all-new at 9pm on Jan. 12 and two new episodes will air Tuesday, Jan. 5 at 8pm & 9pm. Better off Ted will still be new whenever it airs (except for that Friday, Jan. 1 at 9:30 airing). So through Jan. 12 now, Scrubs and Better off Ted will each have 9 new episodes aired. Both Scrubs and Better off Ted will be two new episodes on Jan. 19 and one each on Jan. 26 (since the State of the Union address is likely on Jan. 26), so by then it will be 12 new episodes of each. And the final episode of each (episode 13) could be used in the 8-9pm hour on Feb. 9 leading into LOST? Remember President Obama will have his first State of the Union address likely on Tuesday, Jan. 26 from 9-11pm ET, so they can't double pump the comedies on that night and LOST has its season premiere the following week on Tuesday, Feb. 2 from 9-11pm, but a clip show airs at 8pm that night, so no Scrubs/Ted then. I'm just guessing how they will use Scrubs and Better off Ted on Jan. 19 and 26 (and possibly Feb. 9), because ABC has only announced episode info through Jan. 12 for Tuesdays. But I think I'm right with the guesses here and I can certainly see the finales of both on Feb. 9 at 8pm, since ABC can't encore the two-hour premiere of LOST the following week. Starting Feb. 16 in the 8pm hour though I bet we will see previous week's LOST episodes encoring in the hour until Dancing with the Stars: The Results returns in mid-March. This is not official yet, but seems like the likely scenario for Tuesdays at 8pm. Also, ABC has yet to announce what will air Fridays at 9pm starting Feb. 12, since Shark Tank will have its season finale on Feb. 5.
A few weeks ago ABC announced what they will air Thursdays at 8pm until FLASHFORWARD returns March 4. ABC announced the series premiere of new drama The Deep End, which brings to life the tragedies and triumphs of five earnest twenty-something first-year associates fighting to stay afloat in one of Los Angeles' top law firms. The series premieres on Thursday, January 21 at 8:00pm ET/PT and will air for 6 weeks (through and including Feb. 25). The series has a 7 episode order, so maybe a two-hour finale on Feb. 25? ABC will use Jan. 14 at 8pm to re-air the fall finale of Grey's Anatomy leading into the return of the series at 9pm.
So ABC still has a lot to announce for mid-season, including the return date of Wife Swap and new series dates for Romantically Challenged, Happy Town, and the new Jamie Oliver reality series. So stay with us for any news on these!
The Hallmark Channel will have a new schedule effective Monday, Jan. 4, 2010. Kicking off the morning schedule now will be back-to-back Little House on the Prairie from 9-11am, replacing Golden Girls. 7th Heaven will return to the schedule as well airing weekdays at 11am and 12pm, as the 11am hour replaces more Golden Girls and the 12pm hour replaces Touched by an Angel. Then at 1pm Hallmark Channel has acquired America's Funniest Home Videos and will air it weekdays. This is the Bob Saget version from the early '90s. A Golden Girls two-hour block will follow from 2-4pm, leading into another hour of AFV at 4p. M*A*S*H follows but from 5-7pm, instead of the usual 5-8pm, as another hour of AFV airs at 7pm. In primetime, it will now be three episodes of Touched by an Angel from 8-11pm, followed by The Golden Girls from 11pm-1am. On Fridays, a movie airs from 9-11pm. Cheers closes the schedule from 1-4am, as the 3am hour replaces paid programming.
On weekends, 6-8am will be Little House on the Prairie leading into Jack Hanna's Animal Adventures from 8am-11am. Movies will air the rest of the day from 11am-3am. So missing from the regular schedule are Walker Texas Ranger, Murder She Wrote, Matlock, and I Love Lucy.
As for stunts, there will be an I Love Lucy weekend marathon on Saturday, Feb. 6 and Sunday, Feb. 7 from 11am-3am on Feb. 6 and 11am-1am on Feb. 7. There will be a lot of Skating specials in January and February as well. Stay with us for further updates, if anything changes.
Tonight on ABC it is an expanded Comedy Wednesday with encores of your favorite ABC Comedy Wednesday comedies! It first starts off with the holiday special How the Grinch Stole Christmas, followed by encores of The Middle, Modern Family, another The Middle, and back-to-back Cougar Town in the 10pm hour! And if that's not all, ABC Comedy Wednesday will air on Christmas Eve (Thursday, Dec. 24) as well! It will be an all holiday episode night starting with the animated special Disney Prep & Landing, then holiday episodes of The Middle, Modern Family and Cougar Town. If you have not seen these episodes, tune in! And if you have, watch them again...comedies are good! Laugh away the next two nights!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, March 23
Superstore - "Mateo's Last Day" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mateo (Nico Santos) faces complications with his transfer to a Cloud 9 Signature store, he becomes desperate to resolve his undocumented status. Meanwhile, Amy (America Ferrera) helps Glenn (Mark McKinney) battle an Internet troll, Jonah (Ben Feldman) and Cheyenne (Nichole Bloom) try to give Mateo legal counsel, and Dina (Lauren Ash) and Garrett (Colton Dunn) take issue with corporate.
Powerless - "I'm a Friend You" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emily (Vanessa Hudgens) learns that Jackie (Christina Kirk) is in need of some extra cash, she can't help but try and do what she can to help her out. Meanwhile, Van (Alan Tudyk) is on a witch hunt and has his eyes set on Teddy (Danny Pudi), Ron (Ron Funches) and Wendy (Jennie Pierson).
Baskets - "Circus" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Christine turns to Arby's after Chip joins the Russians.
Thursday, March 23
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Connie Britton (Spin City/The Fighting Fitzgeralds/Lost at Home) - Connie is a guest on a repeat of The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Whitney Cummings (Whitney) - Whitney visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Stephanie Beatriz (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Stephanie is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Matt LeBlanc (Man with a Plan/Episodes/Joey/Friends) - Matt visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings. He will also be on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- John Leguizamo (The Brothers Garcia) - John guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Zosia Mamet (Girls) - Zosia is a guest on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nick D'Agosto (Trial & Error) - Nick is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 11am.
- Woody Harrelson (Cheers) - Woody talks about Wilson on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Woody and Laura Dern will be on People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.