Tuesday, November 10, 2009
The CW, ABC Make Pick-Ups, Cancelations, New Premieres; JustMyShow Interviews Susan Olsen (Cindy Brady) on Her New Book
As for ABC, they have picked-up 5 additional episodes of the forgotten, bringing the total to 18 episodes for the Tuesday crime drama. That is excellent news for the Christian Slater crime drama. The show has been pretty consistent each week in the ratings, though it still needs to do better. Looks like the forgotten is safe until March at least. 10 episodes are likely to air by December's end. Episode 8 airs next week, as the show is preempted this week for a CMA special called In the Spotlight with Robin Roberts. Episodes 9 and 10 are likely to air the first two weeks of December (Dec. 1 and 8). The news wasn't as good though for ABC's Wednesday night 10pm drama, Eastwick. ABC will not produce any more than 13 episodes, but all 13 will air. 7 episodes have aired thus far and episode 8 isn't scheduled until Nov. 25 due to special programming airing the next two weeks. It is too bad, as the show was pretty good. The only other new series yet to hear its fate is sitcom Hank, but I think it will be pulled very soon and might not even get a chance to air all 13 episodes. It's scheduled to air next on Nov. 18 at 8pm.
And finally, ABC is not going to launch new Kathy Griffin hosted dance show Let's Dance on Nov. 23 at 9:30pm (following the final performance show of Dancing with the Stars) after all. Instead ABC will launch a feel-good reality series from the creator of Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. The series is Find My Family, as you saw the promo last night on ABC. ABC has a six episode order for the series, while Let's Dance had a five episode order. It is unclear if all six will air in Nov/Dec, but we will keep you posted.
ABC has said they will keep us posted on the rescheduled day and time period for Let's Dance, so it is not totally dead. It's just delayed due to a hard time finding quality celebrities. Personally, I think Find My Family is a better fit for the holidays, as that series follows the stories of people desperate to find a long-lost relative, friend, or lover. If you all remember ABC launched both Extreme Makeover and Extreme Makeover: Home Edition as specials in December 2002 and 2003 respectively and got huge ratings before turning them into series. Tim Green and Lisa Joyner host. We will keep you posted on the message boards for complete airing schedule for this series and check back with us also for the rescheduled day and time period for Let's Dance. I'm guessing summer 2010? ABC mid-season 2010 should be announced soon (which includes the launch date for Lost), so stay with us for that!
Our friend Eric of JustMyShow.com is back with a new podcast, that is pretty groovy! It's been called one of the worst shows in the history of TV. Susan Olsen (AKA Cindy Brady) is here to talk to JustMyShow.com about the subject of her new book (Love to Love You Bradys), the short lived Brady Bunch Variety Hour as well as the original series The Brady Bunch you grew up watching. Plus Susan gives us bonus audio on the porn rumors and the radio incident. If you want to hear that "story," you'll have to head on over to JustMyShow.com's Susan Olsen podcast!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.