Wednesday, October 07, 2009
TV Land Acquires Raymond, Boston Legal for 2010, Borrows Home Improvement, Nanny; Nick at Nite Renews Glenn Martin
Everybody Loves Raymond will be shared with cable network TBS, which airs the series in daytime and will still do so next June. Boston Legal will premiere on TV Land in the first quarter of 2010, while Home Improvement is being borrowed from sister network Nick at Nite and will be either on both networks or will move to TV Land by first quarter 2010. My guess is that it will totally move to TV Land. Home Improvement also airs in the daytime on TBS, so TV Land will only have evening rights. The Nanny will also be borrowed from sister network Nick at Nite and will be either on both networks or will move to TV Land, but this won't happen until third quarter 2010...next fall. Boston Legal is currently not on cable besides the weekend play on WGN America, though ION Television does have broadcast weekday rights.
These four series represent a continued commitment to build TV Land PRIME, the network's primetime programming destination dedicated to 40-somethings - a vibrant group with unmatched purchasing power and living in the most dynamic stage of their lives with relationships at work, with family and with friends all thriving. All of the programming in TV Land PRIME is hand-picked to appeal to the attitudes, life stage and interests of this important demo.
Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite has ordered a second season of 20 episodes of stop-motion animated series Glenn Martin, DDS, the first television series from Michael Eisner's Tornante Animation. The animated comedy series chronicles the offbeat adventures of the Martin family as they crisscross America in their tricked-out RV, encountering an array of bizarre situations and colorful locals. Ranked as the number-one program on Nick at Nite last quarter, the show features an all-star voice cast that includes Kevin Nealon as Glenn Martin, Catherine O'Hara as Jackie Martin and Judy Greer as Wendy Park.
Glenn Martin, DDS ranks as Nick at Nite's number-one program among total viewers average with 2.1 million total viewers each week, in third quarter 2009. In its first week, Glenn Martin, DDS reached a total of 11.3 million viewers and averaged 2.6 million (P2+) total viewers per telecast (Monday-Thursday, Aug. 17-20, 8 p.m.-8:30 p.m. [all times ET/PT]), according to Nielsen. The series also ranked as ad-supported cable's number-one co-viewed entertainment series in prime time for the premiere week with 40% of Adults 18-49 watching with at least one kid per household. Forty percent of Adults 18-49 watched with at least one kid 2-11 per household.
Season one has featured celebrity appearances, including Wendie Malick and Betty White, and will soon feature Bret Michaels, Chrissie Hynde, Gene Simmons, Sean Hayes, Jim Parsons, Estelle Harris and Don Johnson, among others.
Recently, Nick at Nite added hit series Everybody Hates Chris and Malcolm in the Middle, strengthening its slate of popular hit family comedies including the Emmy Award-winning series George Lopez, Home Improvement, The Nanny and Roseanne.
Don't forget ABC Comedy Wednesday starting tonight at 8/7 central! Today's blog is sponsored by Cougar Town, airing 9:30/8:30 central on ABC Comedy Wednesday. Because 40 is the new 20!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 24
Last Man Standing - "Bad Heir Day" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Mike and Vanessa think it’s time for newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to move out, but when Chuck relays some unexpected news about Kyle’s absentee mom, Mike has second thoughts. Meanwhile, Eve tells Ryan that Boyd is making up stories about his Dad’s real job, because he’s embarrassed about being home-schooled.
Dr. Ken - "Clark's Big Surprise" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Ken accidentally finds out that Clark and Connor are planning their surprise wedding, he has to find a way to get everyone to come. But Damona finds out and to get Allison there, she tells her that Ken is going to surprise her by renewing their wedding vows. Guest performances from the Grammy Award-winning band, Train, featuring lead singer Pat Monahan and guitarist Jerry Becker.
Friday, March 24
- Sofia Black-D'Elia (The Mick) - Watch Sofia on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Tracy Morgan (30 Rock/The Tracy Morgan Show) - Tracy is on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Malin Akerman (Trophy Wife/Sin City Saints) - Malin appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Zach Galifianakis (Baskets) - Zach is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Laura Dern (Enlightened) - Laura appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jermaine Fowler (Superior Donuts) - Jermaine is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Michael Keaton (Working Stiffs/All's Fair) - Michael visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben are guests on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Martha Plimpton (The Real O'Neals/Raising Hope) - Martha appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Anthony chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Carl Reiner (The Dick Van Dyke Show) and Rob Reiner (All in the Family) - Carl and Rob are guests on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am. She also joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) and Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Jane and Lily talk about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brooklyn talks about Malibu Country on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Rhea Perlman (Cheers/Kirstie) - Rhea talks about Me and My Grandma on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emma Roberts (Scream Queens/Unfabulous) - Emma talks about The Blackcoat's Daughter on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Henderson (One on One) - Josh is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.