Sunday, September 20, 2009
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of Sept 7-13)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - preempted.
- King of the Hill (Fox) 2 episodes - The final two episodes on Fox did 6.26 and 6.04 million after NFL. Not bad, could be better. 18-49 rating was decent of a 3.0 and 2.9.
- Family Guy (Fox) - Repeat only did 4.98 million and a below normal 2.4 18-49 rating.
- American Dad! (Fox) - Repeat only did 4.02 million and a 1.9 18-49 rating.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) 2 episodes - 4.09 million for a repeat airing in its normal 8pm slot, but it was delayed to 8:41pm in the east/central due to Tennis US Open. A repeat at 8:30pm airing at a delayed 9:11pm did 4.78 million...both were down from previous week. Season premiere tomorrow!
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - Only 6.62 million for a repeat on at a delayed time of 9:41pm in the east/central. Season premiere is tomorrow for this show as well!
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 6.64 million for a repeat at a delayed time of 10:12pm in the east/central. 2.2 18-49 rating is below normal, but the weird time in the east/central is the reason for that. Season premiere is tomorrow. Can it do a series high of a 5.0 or more in 18-49? We shall see.
- Old Christine (CBS) - Only 4.2 million for a repeat. The season premiere is this Wednesday but it will have a tough time vs. a special Dancing with the Stars: The Results Show on a special night and time.
- Gary Unmarried (CBS) - 4.01 million for a repeat of this sitcom. I am not sure why this show was brought back.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - The season premiere did only 4.89 million, that is down 29% from its series premiere in April. It was also down 30% in 18-49 from its series premiere. This show is going to have a tough time.
- The Office (NBC) - A solid season premiere doing 8.21 million and a 4.1 18-49 rating, but that also was down from last year's season premiere of 9.39 million and a much better 4.9 18-49 rating. I think the show has peaked.
- Community (NBC) - The series premiere got off to a promising start with 7.91 million and a 3.8 18-49 rating, holding a good portion of its lead-in. If it can maintain these numbers for the next few weeks, NBC will take it...but the competition gets much much harder this week. This premiere however was down from 30 Rock's season premiere of 8.73 million last year, but that was Sarah Palin affected.
- The Office (NBC) - Encore of Thursday's season premiere only did a prelim 1.9 million, not good.
- Community (NBC) - Encore of Thursday's premiere only did 1.64 million...also not good.
See you next week for the new season!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (April/May)
04/04 - Diff'rent Strokes - The Complete Fifth Season
04/11 - Father Knows Best - Season Five
04/11 - Schitt's Creek - The Complete Third Season
04/11 - Silicon Valley - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
04/11 - Veep - The Complete Fifth Season
05/02 - Red, White and Blue Collar Sitcoms - Make TV Great Again
05/09 - ALF - The Complete DVD Collection
05/09 - Divorce - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
05/09 - The Wayans Bros. - The Complete Second Season
05/16 - The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, May 23
Downward Dog - "Boundaries" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Nan installs an automatic dog door so she can take away Jason’s key but still keep him as Martin’s dog walker, Martin is convinced he can suddenly open doors with his mind, and the new-found power goes to his head. Meanwhile at work, Nan’s boss is unable to understand the new ad campaign Nan sold to the corporate bosses, and he spirals into confusion.
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "The Bank Job" / "Crime & Punishment" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
As Jake and Rosa continue their search for a bank-robbing operation with Lieutenant Hawkins (guest star Gina Gershon), they realize there’s more to her team than meets the eye. After discovering a dangerous secret, they call for back-up from Holt and Pimento (guest star Jason Mantzoukas). Meanwhile, Boyle objects to Gina’s new boyfriend (guest star Ryan Phillipe). Then, Jake and Rosa are framed for a crime they didn’t commit, it’s up to the Nine-Nine to find a way to bust them out.
Great News - "Carol Has a Bully" (NBC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Carol (Andrea Martin) has a midterm she must pass in order to keep her internship. Katie (Briga Heelan) needs to choose between helping her mom and focusing on her hacking story, which she can't seem to crack. Meanwhile, Greg's (Adam Campbell) wealthy estranged grandmother (guest star Christina Pickles) pays a visit to the office. Chuck (John Michael Higgins) finds her cold and cruel, but almost immediately falls in love with her.
Great News - "Carol's Eleven" (NBC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Katie (Briga Heelan) makes a huge discovery about the story she's been chasing and, with the help of Carol (Andrea Martin) and the rest of the staff, concocts a scheme to get the story out. Greg (Adam Campbell) struggles with balancing his conflicting loyalties to his family, co-workers and conscience.
Mann & Wife - "Mann, Shut Yo Mouth" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Struggling to solve a tough case, an exhausted Daniel falls asleep and wakes up in a 70's blaxploitation cop show.
Tuesday, May 23
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Catch Terry on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Rob Huebel (Trasparent/Burning Love) - Rob appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Al Madrigal (About a Boy/Welcome to The Captain/Gary Unmarried), Andrew Santino (I'm Dying Up Here/Sin City Saints) and Erik Griffin (I'm Dying Up Here) - Al, Andrew and Erik are guests on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ari Graynor (I'm Dying Up Here/Bad Teacher) - Ari stops by Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Nick Kroll (The League/Cavemen) - Nick visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Ben Falcone (Nobodies/A to Z/Joey) - Ben drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Abigail Breslin (Scream Queens) - Abigail appears on LIVE! with Kelly and Ryan, so check your listings.
- Mayim Bialik (The Big Bang Theory/Blossom) - Mayim talks about her new book Girling Up: How to Be Strong, Smart and Spectacular and The Big Bang Theory on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- William Shatner ($#*! My Dad Says) - William is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Kyle Chandler (What About Joan?) - Kyle teams up with Clinton Kelly to grill up a great entrée on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Nicole Byer ( Loosely Exactly Nicole) - Nicole is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- The Love Boat Cast - The cast of The Love Boat reunites on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Debra Messing (Will & Grace) - Debra chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Zoe Lister-Jones (Life in Pieces/Friends with Better Lives/Whitney) - Zoe talks about her new comedy Band Aid on the AOL Build Show 1pm.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie talks about Beat Shazam on AOL Build Show 4pm.