Tuesday, September 15, 2009
In other changes, Unsolved Mysteries will also air on Sunday mornings from 9-11am starting Oct. 11. This is in addition to its return to the daily line-up airing Mon-Wed at 2am starting Sept. 28, as we previously mentioned
View the full and update Spike TV Fall 2009 line-up.
We mentioned that TV Land will do anniversary stunts for The Brady Bunch and The Cosby Show, and now TV Land has given the full details.
TV Land breaks out the bubbly this September to celebrate the milestone anniversaries of two of television's most beloved and celebrated sitcoms, The Brady Bunch and The Cosby Show. The network will pay homage to Mike, Carol and the whole Brady clan for the 40th anniversary of the launch of the series and will also celebrate the 25th anniversary of The Huxtables joining the TV fray with marathons of the most memorable episodes from both series, including the premiere episodes. Additionally, TVLand.com will honor the two series' with content such as extensive photo galleries, video clips of classic moments from each show, games and trivia.
The network will honor the 40th anniversary of the day when this lovely lady met this fellow and they became The Brady Bunch almost 40 years to the day beginning Monday, September 21, 2009 through Friday from 7PM-9PM ET/PT and Saturday, September 26 & Sunday, September 27 from 10AM-6PM ET/PT. Tune in to some of the funniest episodes including the September 26, 1969 pilot featuring Mike and Carols wedding when Tiger destroys the cake and other classics like Cindy's missing Kitty Karry-All doll, Greg and Marcia competing for class president, Jan in a brunette wig, a family trip to the Grand Canyon and many more! TVLand.com gets in on the anniversary action with exclusive web content on The Brady Bunch microsite which includes photo galleries, games such as the "Marcia Brady Football Toss" and Brady trivia, as well as video clips of favorite Brady moments and beloved musical performances. Additionally, in partnership with the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation's Archive of American Television, interviews with the cast and Brady creator Sherwood Schwartz will be featured. Fans will also be able to follow Barry "Greg" Williams, Susan "Cindy" Olsen, Geri Reischl ("Fake Jan" of The Brady Bunch Variety Hour), Wendy Winans (BradyWorld.com) and author and Brady expert Lisa Sutton on Twitter as they "tweet" throughout the anniversary marathon week. Sutton will also contribute to blog entries during the week to discuss subjects such as "Where are they now?" and "Brady Collectibles."
The festivities honoring the Huxtables Silver 25th anniversary will air with a marathon of extra-special episodes of The Cosby Show highlighting memorable moments on Wednesday, September 23 from 9PM to Midnight ET/PT. From the pilot episode which originally premiered September 20, 1984 when Denise goes on a date with an older merchant marine -- much to Cliff's dismay -- to Theo's disastrous designer shirt knock-off home-sewn by his sister, to the unforgettable staircase family lip-synch performance of Ray Charles' classic, "Night Time Is The Right Time," for Grandma and Grandpa Huxtable's Anniversary, viewers are sure to have a smile on their face – especially after Rudy steals the show. The Cosby Show is also featured at TVLand.com with a Cliff Huxtable sweater gallery, favorite video clips from the show and Cosby trivia about the cast and the loveable characters they played.
Congrats to our friend Wendy of BradyWorld.com on being featured on the Brady Bunch anniversary! As for The Cosby Show, WGN America will be doing a much better tribute this coming Sunday, as we mentioned.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Sunday, October 23
The Simpsons - "Treehouse of Horror XXVI" (Fox, 7:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In an encore of last season’s Halloween episode, Sideshow Bob finally kills Bart, only to reanimate him; Homer wakes up with short-term memory loss; and Lisa, Bart, and Milhouse get super powers from radiation.
Bob's Burgers - "Teen-a-Witch" (Fox, 7:30PM ET/PT)
With Halloween quickly approaching, Tina reveals her brilliant idea that will finally win her first place in the annual costume contest. When Tammy steals her idea, Tina is forced to seek the help of Mr. Ambrose, who leads her to alternate and other-worldly methods of winning. Meanwhile, Bob is on a mission to figure out who is stealing his perfectly crafted pumpkins.
The Simpsons - "Trust But Clarify" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Lisa and Bart investigate Krusty’s suspicious new “Krustaceans” candy. Meanwhile, Homer wants a promotion at the nuclear plant and asks Marge to help him dress the part, and news anchor Kent Brockman struggles to find his feet in the changing media world.
Son of Zorn - "A Taste of Zephyria" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After learning how Zephyria is depicted in the media, Zorn attempts to teach Alan about his culture. Meanwhile, Edie wages war with her new neighbors over their talking garden gnome.
Family Guy - "Inside Family Guy" (Fox, 9:00PM ET/PT)
FAMILY GUY takes viewers behind the scenes of a regular “FAMILY GUY” production week, with James Woods as the guide. See the ins-and-outs of what goes into the making of a “FAMILY GUY” episode and watch the drama unfold as Peter is replaced and ends up in the office of Fox Television Group Chairmen and CEOs Dana Walden and Gary Newman to pitch his very own new series.
The Last Man on Earth - "Five Hoda Kotbs" (Fox, 9:30PM ET/PT)
A post-apocalyptic road trip has everyone at war with each other and Gail is really pushed to her breaking point.
Bizaardvark - "Spoiler Alert: Belissa Returns" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Paige and Frankie hit a writing slump and other bad things start happening to them, Paige begins to think they are cursed; Amelia and Dirk are at odds when the lifestyle Diva declutters the Dare Lair.
Sunday, October 23
- Patti LaBelle (Out All Night) - Catch Patti on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Ricky Gervais (The Office) - Watch Ricky on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. He also talks about Inferno on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am and on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Elijah Wood (Wilfred) - Elijah is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Ana Gasteyer (People of Earth/Lady Dynamite/Suburgatory) - Ana visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Nick Offerman (Parks and Recreation) - Nick stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ron Howard (Happy Days/The Andy Griffith Show) - Ron appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Zooey Deschanel (New Girl) - Zooey is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Chiklis (Daddio) - Michael drops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Jameela Jamil (The Good Place) - Jameela appears on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Aya Cash (You're the Worst) - Aya talks about You're the Worst on the AOL Build ShoW at 2pm. She will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will is a guest on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Mary Steenburgen (The Last Man on Earth/Ink) - Mary talks about The Last Man on Earth on NBC's Today in the 10am hour. She will also be on the AOL Build Show at 12:30pm.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna talks about Good Girls Revolt on People Now at 8:30am.
- James Brolin (Life in Pieces) - James is a guest on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.