Sunday, August 09, 2009
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of July 27-August 2)
- Til Death (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm only mustered 1.61 million...but slightly up week-to-week once again. Slow climbs.
- The Simpsons (Fox) 3 episodes - We got triple dose of repeats this week with the regular 8pm airing getting 3.23 million, but a special 8:30pm repeat did way better at 4.24 million. 9:30 repeat did the most with 4.48 million.
- King of the Hill (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 4.63 million for a repeat...the best of the bunch. 2.2 18-49 rating is excellent for a summer repeat these days.
- American Dad! (Fox) - Only 1.61 million for a repeat at 7:30...a bit lower than the previous week though and only held from the lead-in this time instead of building from it.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 4.72 million for a repeat airing, down a bit from previous week. 1.6 A18-49 rating was a tick down as well from previous week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 5.13 million for a repeat airing, a bit higher than previous week and built on the lead-in in A18-49 with a 1.9 A18-49 rating.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.46 million for a repeat, up 400,000 or so from previous week. 2.8 A18-49 rating was also up a bit from previous week.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 8.39 million for a repeat is down some from previous week, despite the lead-in going up. 2.7 18-49 rating is excellent, but down a tick from previous week.
- Better Off Ted (ABC) - preempted...two episode season finale will air this week.
- Scrubs (ABC) - Just 1.56 million for a rare (and last) summer repeat.
- Old Christine (CBS) - Only 3.69 million for a repeat, down some from previous week but it did match the 1.0 A18-49 rating from previous week.
- Gary Unmarried (CBS) - Only 3.74 million but did build a bit in A18-49 from the lead-in doing a 1.1 rating again despite going down week-to-week a bit in viewers.
- The Office (NBC) - We don't have finals for Thursday yet, so these Thursday sitcom ratings are prelim. Prelim 2.92 million for a repeat at 9pm...down some from previous week's final number.
- 30 Rock (NBC) 2 episodes - Prelim 3.27 and 2.65 million for repeats at 8 and 9:30pm, both down in both time periods from previous week's final numbers.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat did just a prelim 2.76 million at 8:30pm...down a tad from previous week's final number.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 944,000 viewers. That was down from previous week's prelim numbers.
- The Game (The CW) - A repeat did a premim 998,000 viewers, also down from previous week's prelim numbers.
- Surviving Suburbia (ABC) - Prelim numbers show only 2.73 million for the last episode at 8pm, but up some from previous week's prelim numbers. This show is now done.
- The Goode Family (ABC) 2 episodes - Prelim numbers were even worse for the two episode finale of this show with 1.63 million for 8:30pm, that was down a bit from previous week's prelim numbers. Special 9:30pm finale did even worse with 1.48 million.
- According to Jim (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 2.09 million, up a lick from previous week's prelim rating at 9pm. As always, check out final numbers for Friday for these shows and all the Friday shows on our message board tomorrow.
Coming Week Preview (Aug. 10-16):
I'm only highlighting the broadcast notables this week. On Monday, ABC has night two of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire at 8pm leading into an all-new episode of Dating in the Dark at 9pm. NBC has an all-new Great American Road Trip at 8pm, followed by the NBC premiere of USA's Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and a new Dateline at 10pm. Fox has the 2009 Teen Choice Awards from 8-10pm.
On Tuesday ABC continues Who Wants to Be a Millionaire at 8pm with night three leading into the two episode season finale of comedy Better off Ted and the season premiere of Primetime: The Outsiders at 10pm. CBS is all-new with Big Brother 11 at 9pm, while NBC is new with a two-hour America's Got Talent from 9-11pm. Fox has Hell's Kitchen and More to Love on this night.
On Wednesday once again the pick is with ABC with Who Wants to Be a Millionaire at 8pm with night four leading into an all-new Wipeout at a special time of 9pm, followed by an all-new Primetime: Crime at 10pm. NBC has another America's Got Talent at 9pm leading into summer drama The Philanthropist at 10pm.
On Thursday we have night five (I went to this taping!) of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire at 8pm! It was so fun! And CBS has Big Brother 11 at 8pm on a repeat filled night.
For Friday, ABC has 20/20 at 10pm, while NBC has Dateline from 9-11pm. Fox has a two-hour all-new Mental from 8-10pm. And MyNetwork TV of course has WWE Friday Night Smackdown from 8-10!
Go read a book or go out on Saturday because it is so quiet. NBC has VISA U.S. Gymnastics Championships from 8-10 and Fox has what else--Cops and AMW.
Finally, next Sunday it is night six of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire on ABC at 8pm leading into Shark Tank and Defying Gravity from 9-11pm. CBS has Big Brother and There Goes the Neighborhood from 9-11pm, while NBC has Dateline and Merlin from 7-9pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (February/March)
02/07 - Sabrina, the Teenage Witch - Sabrina Down Under
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 1 - School's Cool - Boy Crazy
02/07 - So Little Time - Volume 2 - About a Family - Hangin' Out
02/07 - 227 - The Complete First Season (Mill Creek)
02/07 - Vice Principals - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
02/14 - Beavis and Butt-Head - The Complete Collection
02/14 - Grace and Frankie - Season Two
02/28 - Fuller House - The Complete First Season
03/03 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - Now... In Living Color! (Blu-ray)
03/07 - The Jamie Foxx Show - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - Mama's Family - Mama's Favorites
03/07 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series - Flashback Edition (Blu-ray)
03/07 - What I Like About You - The Complete Second Season
03/07 - You Me Her - Season One
03/14 - Newhart - The Final (Eighth) Season
03/14 - Unbrekable Kimmy Schmidt - Season Two
03/21 - Master of None - Season One
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, March 25
Henry Danger - "Gas or Fail" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Captain Man finds himself trapped underground, Henry must devise a way to sneak out of his school's standardized testing to save Ray.
Game Shakers - "Llama Llama Spit Spit" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After the Game Shakers get kicked out of Fooders to make room for a guest who has his photo on the wall, Babe becomes determined to get their own photo up using any means necessary.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "To Be Invited or Not to Be" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
The quads make a new friend, an amazing inventor, but when not all of them get invited back to hang out again, they start to wonder why.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Better Late Than Never" (OWN, 9:00PM ET/PT)
A missed call leaves Danny and his family in a bad place.
Love Thy Neighbor - "Make Up or Make Out" (OWN, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Still upset with his friends, Danny takes the advice of his family.
Sunday, March 26
- Sanaa Lathan (Family Guy/The Cleveland Show/LateLine) - Catch Sanaa on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Chris on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Richard Dreyfuss (Your Family or Mine) - Richard appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) and Jane Fonda (Grace and Frankie) - Lily and Jane are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. They also chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Craig Ferguson (The Drew Carey Show) - Craig visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He will also be on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Rachel Dratch (Imaginary Mary) - Rachel is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Pete Holmes (Crashing) - Pete stops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Jenna Elfman (Imaginary Mary/1600 Penn/Accidentally on Purpose/Courting Alex/Dharma & Greg) - Jenna appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Ron Funches (Powerless/Undateable) - Ron is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Kaitlin Olson (The Mick/It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia) - Kaitlin drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Wendi McLendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi appears on a repeat of Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Lisa Kudrow (Friends/The Comeback) - Lisa is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Mark Consuelos (Alpha House/Hope & Faith) - Mark guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Tahj Mowry, Derek Theler and Jean-Luc Bilodeau (Baby Daddy) - Tahj, Derek and Jean-Luc are guests on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Vanessa Bell Calloway (Rhythm & Blues) - Vanessa is a guest on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- June Diane Raphael (Grace and Frankie) - June talks about Grace and Frankie on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Melissa McCarthy (Mike & Molly/Samantha Who?) and Ben Falcone (Joey) - Melissa and Ben talk TV Land's Nobodies on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Brooklyn Decker (Grace and Frankie/Friends with Better Lives) - Brookyln stops by People Now at 8:30am.
- Marcia Gay Harden (Trophy Wife) - Marcia opens up about her favorite part of being in the 50 Shades movies on People Now at 8:30am. \
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Tracee dishes about her Golden Globe win on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 2am on BET or on your local stations.