Sunday, August 09, 2009
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of July 27-August 2)
- Til Death (Fox) - A repeat at 7pm only mustered 1.61 million...but slightly up week-to-week once again. Slow climbs.
- The Simpsons (Fox) 3 episodes - We got triple dose of repeats this week with the regular 8pm airing getting 3.23 million, but a special 8:30pm repeat did way better at 4.24 million. 9:30 repeat did the most with 4.48 million.
- King of the Hill (Fox) - preempted.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 4.63 million for a repeat...the best of the bunch. 2.2 18-49 rating is excellent for a summer repeat these days.
- American Dad! (Fox) - Only 1.61 million for a repeat at 7:30...a bit lower than the previous week though and only held from the lead-in this time instead of building from it.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 4.72 million for a repeat airing, down a bit from previous week. 1.6 A18-49 rating was a tick down as well from previous week.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 5.13 million for a repeat airing, a bit higher than previous week and built on the lead-in in A18-49 with a 1.9 A18-49 rating.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.46 million for a repeat, up 400,000 or so from previous week. 2.8 A18-49 rating was also up a bit from previous week.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 8.39 million for a repeat is down some from previous week, despite the lead-in going up. 2.7 18-49 rating is excellent, but down a tick from previous week.
- Better Off Ted (ABC) - preempted...two episode season finale will air this week.
- Scrubs (ABC) - Just 1.56 million for a rare (and last) summer repeat.
- Old Christine (CBS) - Only 3.69 million for a repeat, down some from previous week but it did match the 1.0 A18-49 rating from previous week.
- Gary Unmarried (CBS) - Only 3.74 million but did build a bit in A18-49 from the lead-in doing a 1.1 rating again despite going down week-to-week a bit in viewers.
- The Office (NBC) - We don't have finals for Thursday yet, so these Thursday sitcom ratings are prelim. Prelim 2.92 million for a repeat at 9pm...down some from previous week's final number.
- 30 Rock (NBC) 2 episodes - Prelim 3.27 and 2.65 million for repeats at 8 and 9:30pm, both down in both time periods from previous week's final numbers.
- Parks & Recreation (NBC) - A repeat did just a prelim 2.76 million at 8:30pm...down a tad from previous week's final number.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 944,000 viewers. That was down from previous week's prelim numbers.
- The Game (The CW) - A repeat did a premim 998,000 viewers, also down from previous week's prelim numbers.
- Surviving Suburbia (ABC) - Prelim numbers show only 2.73 million for the last episode at 8pm, but up some from previous week's prelim numbers. This show is now done.
- The Goode Family (ABC) 2 episodes - Prelim numbers were even worse for the two episode finale of this show with 1.63 million for 8:30pm, that was down a bit from previous week's prelim numbers. Special 9:30pm finale did even worse with 1.48 million.
- According to Jim (ABC) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 2.09 million, up a lick from previous week's prelim rating at 9pm. As always, check out final numbers for Friday for these shows and all the Friday shows on our message board tomorrow.
Coming Week Preview (Aug. 10-16):
I'm only highlighting the broadcast notables this week. On Monday, ABC has night two of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire at 8pm leading into an all-new episode of Dating in the Dark at 9pm. NBC has an all-new Great American Road Trip at 8pm, followed by the NBC premiere of USA's Law & Order: Criminal Intent, and a new Dateline at 10pm. Fox has the 2009 Teen Choice Awards from 8-10pm.
On Tuesday ABC continues Who Wants to Be a Millionaire at 8pm with night three leading into the two episode season finale of comedy Better off Ted and the season premiere of Primetime: The Outsiders at 10pm. CBS is all-new with Big Brother 11 at 9pm, while NBC is new with a two-hour America's Got Talent from 9-11pm. Fox has Hell's Kitchen and More to Love on this night.
On Wednesday once again the pick is with ABC with Who Wants to Be a Millionaire at 8pm with night four leading into an all-new Wipeout at a special time of 9pm, followed by an all-new Primetime: Crime at 10pm. NBC has another America's Got Talent at 9pm leading into summer drama The Philanthropist at 10pm.
On Thursday we have night five (I went to this taping!) of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire at 8pm! It was so fun! And CBS has Big Brother 11 at 8pm on a repeat filled night.
For Friday, ABC has 20/20 at 10pm, while NBC has Dateline from 9-11pm. Fox has a two-hour all-new Mental from 8-10pm. And MyNetwork TV of course has WWE Friday Night Smackdown from 8-10!
Go read a book or go out on Saturday because it is so quiet. NBC has VISA U.S. Gymnastics Championships from 8-10 and Fox has what else--Cops and AMW.
Finally, next Sunday it is night six of Who Wants to Be a Millionaire on ABC at 8pm leading into Shark Tank and Defying Gravity from 9-11pm. CBS has Big Brother and There Goes the Neighborhood from 9-11pm, while NBC has Dateline and Merlin from 7-9pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, January 21
The Thundermans - "Better Off Wed" (Nickelodeon, 8:00PM ET/PT)
The kids learn that Dr. Colosso ruined their parents' wedding years earlier, and want to recreate Hank & Barb's dream day as their anniversary gift. However, Dr. Colosso remains a threat, and they must keep their plans a secret.
Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn - "Keeping Up with the Quadashians" (Nickelodeon, 8:30PM ET/PT)
After binge watching their favorite reality TV show, the Quads decide their lives are every bit as "reality TV" worthy, and decide to make a show of their own. Guest Stars: Maddie Ziegler, Mackenzie Ziegler
School of Rock - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" (Nickelodeon, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Tomika and Zack work on a love song together, leading to a moment that will change their friendship forever. Summer and Lawrence hang out together for the first time, and Freddy helps Mr. Finn with a problem.
Saturday, January 21
- Phylicia Rashad (The Cosby Show/Cosby) - Phylicia will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- NeNe Leakes (The New Normal) - Catch NeNe on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.