Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Full House in primetime will be just for two weeks, the week of Aug. 31 from 8pm-12am and the week of Sept. 8 from 8pm-10pm. It will move to its regular slot of 6-7am starting Sept. 8. One on One returns to the line-up and will air 8pm-12am starting week of Sept. 14. While One on One returns, Moesha will be leaving the schedule as its morning 8-9am airing will be replaced by more Zoey 101 and its late night block will be replaced by One on One from 4-6am. What I Like About You now will air 6-8pm and 2-4am, while That '70s Show remains from 12-2am. The rest of the schedule is filled with Nickelodeon and The N originals: Unfabulous, Zoey 101, Caitlin's Way, Radio Free Roscoe, The Assistants, The Best Years, True Jackson VP, and of course Degrassi: The Next Generation.
Weekends will have various programming and is different each week it seems. Marathons of True Jackson VP (Sept. 13 6am-6pm; Sept. 19 6am-6pm) and Degrassi: The Next Generation (Sept. 12 1pm-10pm; Sept. 13 6pm-11pm) are among the highlights.
Degrassi: The Next Generation will have a Labor Day (Monday, Sept. 7) marathon from 6am-12am. Degrassi: The Next Generation closes The N on its last weeknight as well on Friday, Sept. 25 with a marathon from 6am-12am. There will be a two-night late night block as well that week on Thursday night and Friday night from 2am-6am. And finally, Degrassi: The Next Generation closes The N on the weekend of Sept. 26-27 from 6pm-12am with two-hour episodes. Technically Sabrina the Teenage Witch will be the last show on The N at 5:30am before it turns into TeenNick on Sept. 28. Yes, the rotating wheel on Sundays at 5:30am continues with Clueless, Growing Pains, and Sabrina.
View the full The N September 2009 schedule and stay with us for updates on the transformation of The N to TeenNick! And also stay tuned for fall schedules for WGN America, BET, New York City local stations and more.
This September, A&E will expand Criminal Minds to 5 days a week! Right now it was just airing two nights a week in primetime but starting Monday, August 31 Criminal Minds will air weekdays at 1pm and 7pm ET/PT.
The weekday schedule will now look like this starting at 7am with Crossing Jordan, The Sopranos, American Justice, Cold Case Files, double shot of CSI: Miami at 11am & 12pm, Criminal Minds at 1, more The Sopranos, American Justice, Cold Case Files, another double shot of CSI: Miami at 5pm & 6pm, and Criminal Minds at 7pm. Original programming airs from 8pm-4am on weeknights.
Criminal Minds will continue to air on Friday and Sunday nights in primetime as well. CSI: Miami will continue to air on weekends and primetime as well, as well as The Sopranos. And finally, Criminal Minds will have a Labor Day (Sept. 7) marathon from 8am-8pm.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 23
Kevin Can Wait - "Choke Doubt" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin brags about saving a man from choking after hearing how much attention his brother Kyle is receiving for saving a cat. Adam Ferrara guest stars as Bill, a man Kevin saves from choking, and “The Insider” correspondent Michael Yo guest stars as Tom, a morning show anchor who interviews Kyle.
Man with a Plan - "The Talk" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam and Andi have the dreaded “talk” with Teddy and Kate, their awkward approach makes the kids horribly uncomfortable.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Emergency Contractor" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline get home from their road trip, Caroline discovers she likes the dessert bar renovations as much as she likes Bobby (Christopher Gorham), the contractor on the job. Also, Max rushes to Randy’s side when she hears he’s in the hospital in New York City, and Sophie joins a mommy group that cares more about partying than baby talk.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Conjugal Conjecture" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Sheldon’s mother and Leonard's father share an evening together, everyone deals with an awkward morning the next day. Also, Penny’s family arrives for the wedding ceremony, including her anxiety-ridden mother, Susan (Katey Sagal), and her drug dealing brother, Randall (Jack McBrayer). Dean Norris guest stars as Colonel Williams, an Air Force Representative from the Department of Materiel Command. Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Judd Hirsch and Keith Carradine return.
Monday, January 23
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT, on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Free Agents) - Kathryn will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.