Sunday, June 28, 2009
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 15-21)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - 3.84 million for a repeat is again lower than the previous week's repeat...though a 1.8 18-49 rating is not bad for summer.
- King of the Hill (Fox) 2 episodes - A 7pm repeat did just 1.64 million and a 8:30 repeat did better with 3.3 million, but still both timeslots were down from previous week's repeats.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 4.19 million for a repeat...lower than the previous week again, but a 2.2 18-49 rating was good enough to win its timeslot.
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 episodes - Only 1.89 million for a repeat at 7:30, but the normal airing at 9:30pm did 3.61 million for a repeat, and up some from previous week. 1.8 18-49 rating is decent retention from lead-in.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 4.72 million for a repeat airing, much lower than what Big Bang Theory repeats do here in the 8pm slot. An OK 1.5 18-49 rating.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 4.66 million for a repeat airing, lower than previous week when it was Mother airing in the 8:30pm slot.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 8.69 million for a repeat down close to two million from previous week's repeat. I guess they were watching Jon & Kate Plus Eight on TLC as that did 10.6 million.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 7.23 million for a repeat is decent but down from previous week. 2.3 18-49 rating out of the 2.5 from the lead-in is great retention...everything else is similar to what Rules did in this slot so far.
- Better Off Ted (ABC) - A new episode following The Superstars didn't do well, with only 1.83 million and a 0.8 18-49 rating. Not good. Maybe it only works with Scrubs? Even with the low ratings, this is an excellent comedy.
- Old Christine (CBS) - Just 4.41 million for a repeat...but up a tad again from previous week.
- Gary Unmarried (CBS) - Just 4.23 million for a repeat, but also up some from previous week.
- The Office (NBC) 2 episodes - Only 3.14 and 3.04 million for repeats in the 8pm hour...down some from previous week's repeat at 8:30 and 9.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - Preempted for Jackson/Fawcett specials.
- Samantha Who? (ABC) - A new episode did OK for summer doing 3.44 million, but 18-49 rating of 1.0 should be better. Still a mistake not bringing this show back...it would work in a good comedy block.
- In the Motherhood (ABC) - Only 2.46 million for a burn-off episode...all things considered, could have been worse. Well 0.7 18-49 is not good.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 983,000 viewers. That was down a bit from previous week's prelim... but who cares, this show is canceled anyway.
- The Game (The CW) - A repeat did 971,000 prelim viewers for this canceled sitcom as well...but down from previous week's prelim.
- Surviving Suburbia (ABC) - Prelim numbers show only 2.76 million for an all-new episode at 8pm, but up from previous week's prelim.
- The Goode Family (ABC) - Prelim numbers were even worse for an all-new episode of this show with 1.81 million, but still up some from previous week's prelim numbers. Check out final numbers for Friday for these shows and all the Friday shows on our message board tomorrow.
Coming Week Preview (June 29-July 5):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with new episodes of The Bachelorette from 8-10pm and Here Come the Newlyweds at 10pm. NBC has yet another Dateline at 10pm. On cable among the highlights we have a new episode of Secret Life of the American Teenager and Make It or Break It on ABC Family starting at 8pm, new episodes of The Closer and Raising the Bar on TNT starting at 9, WWE Raw on USA Network, Jon & Kate Plus 8 on TLC, VH1's reality series Rock of Love Charm School & New York Goes to Work, and Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List at 10pm on Bravo.
On Tuesday, ABC has a 90-minute episode of The Superstars at 8pm followed by a new episode of the hilarious comedy Better off Ted at 9:30pm and an all-new episode of Primetime: Family Secrets at 10pm. NBC has a one-hour America's Got Talent at 9, while The CW is airing Hitched or Ditched. On cable, among the highlights are Deadliest Catch and After the Catch on Discovery starting at 9pm, TNT has dramas Hawthorne, and Saving Grace starting at 9pm, MTV has Paris Hilton's My New BFF at 10, TLC has new series 18 Kids and Counting & The Little Couple, BET has Tina & Toya at 10pm, Bravo has an all-new NYC Prep at 9pm, Oxygen has Tori & Dean Home Sweet Hollywood at 10, The Cleaner at 10 on A&E, and FX has an all-new Rescue Me at 10pm.
On Wednesday, the best show of the summer is Wipeout and it airs at 8pm, followed by I Survived a Japanese Game Show at 9pm, and at 10pm the third season premiere of the interesting Primetime: Crime. NBC will have America's Got Talent at 9 and a new episode of The Philanthropist at 10. Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance. On cable, among the highlights are new episodes of Meet the Browns on TBS starting at 10pm, Food has Bobby Flay at 9, Discovery has an all-new primetime including Pitchmen at 10pm, MTV has Real World Cancun at 10, The Fashion Show is on Bravo at 10, and also at 10pm is Tattoo Highway on A&E.
On Thursday, ABC will have new episodes of sitcoms Samantha Who & In the Motherhood at 8pm. NBC will have a new episode of drama The Listener at 10pm. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm. On cable, among the highlights are WWE Superstars on WGN America, new night for Wedding Day on TNT at 8pm, MTV has a new 16 and Pregnant at 10, TLC has a new American Chopper at 9, TV Land has She's Got the Look at 9pm and Southern Belles: Louisville at 10 on SOAPnet.
On Friday, ABC has new episodes of Surviving Suburbia and The Goode Family in the 8pm hour and later a new 20/20 at 10pm. NBC has a burn-off of Chopping Block followed by two-hours of Dateline. Fox will air a new Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader at 8 followed by the new night for Mental at 9. MNT is airing WWE Smackdown. Cable wise, among the highlights are The Soup at 10pm on E! and Degrassi on The N at 8.
On Saturday, it's slower than even usual with the 4th of July. NBC is airing a burn-off of Kings at 8 followed by Macy's 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular at 9. ABC has the a burn-off episode of Eli Stone at 10pm, while CBS has burn-off of Harper's Island 9pm and the Boson Pops Fireworks Spectacular at 10. Fox is new with Cops and AMW. Cable wise, CMT has Can You Duet & The Singing Bee at 8 and Nick has iCarly and True Jackson at 8.
And next Sunday, NBC will have a new Dateline at 7pm, leading into a an episode of Merlin at 8. Cable wise, among the highlights are TBS's Comedy Festival at 10pm, Lifetime's new season of Army Wives at 10pm, Kendra and Denise Richards at 10 on E!, Brooke Knows Best on VH1, Jesse James is a Dead Man on Spike at 10, Hannah Montana, Sonny With a Chance and JONAS on Disney starting at 8pm, and Bridezillas on WE tv.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Wednesday, December 7
The Goldbergs - "Globetrotters" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Adam attends a Globetrotters game, he falls in love with the “theatrics” of the team and tries doing his own tricks on the court. But when he cuts together a video that makes Barry look like he lost a game to Adam and his friends, Barry demands a rematch, culminating in an epic battle at the school gym. Meanwhile, it’s Murray’s 50th birthday, and, despite his protests, Beverly throws yet another surprise party for him but gets more than she bargained for.
Speechless - " S-L--SLED H-O--HOCKEY" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
JJ instantly wants to join a sled hockey team made up entirely of people with disabilities, but Jimmy is not thrilled and thinks it’s dangerous. Meanwhile, Maya takes a CPR class with Kenneth, and she sees how popular he is and realizes that she needs to be nicer in order to keep him as JJ’s aide.
Modern Family - "A Tale of Three Cities" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After recent trips take the Dunphys to New York; Mitch, Cam and Lily to the Midwest; and Jay, Gloria, Manny and Joe to Juarez, Mexico; the Pritchett-Dunphy-Tucker clan reunites.
black-ish - "Nothing but Nepotism" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Bow urges Dre to use his connections and secure Zoey a fellowship, but he doesn’t want his daughter relying on nepotism. When Bow finds Zoey a place at the hospital, Dre balks at the idea and successfully pulls some strings at Teen Vogue. Meanwhile, Junior loses his first job at an arcade pizza joint that the twins love after he reports their unclean practices to corporate, and they shut it down.
Younger - "Pigeons, Parrots, and Storks" (TV Land, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Liza and Josh’s future together is thrown into question after having opposing reactions to a near miss.
Impastor - "The Neighbor's Wife" (TV Land, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Buddy deals with the shocking arrival of Alexa’s husband. Dora makes a frightening discovery. Schmidt’s engagement party takes an unexpected turn.
Wednesday, December 7
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - Watch T.J on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lily Tomlin (Grace and Frankie/Malibu Country) - Lily appears on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Melissa Rauch (The Big Bang Theory) - Melissa is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am and LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jane Lynch (Angel from Hell) and Kate Flannery (The Office) - Jane and Kate give a musical performance on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor/Zoe, Duncan, Jack and Jane) and Mircea Monroe (Impastor/Episodes) - Michael and Mircea are guests on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Jennifer and the cast of Office Christmas Party are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Aimee Carrero (Young & Hungry) - Aimee appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emmanuelle is a guest on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. She will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET. She can be heard on The Morning Mash Up on SiriusXM at 10am.