Sunday, June 14, 2009
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of June 1-7)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - 4.1 million for a repeat is lower than the previous week's repeat.
- King of the Hill (Fox) 2 episodes - A 7pm repeat did just 1.76 million and a 8:30 repeat did better with 3.76 million, but both timeslots were down from previous week's repeats.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 4.84 million for a repeat...lower than the previous week, just like the other Sunday animation.
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 episodes - Only 2.27 million for a repeat at 7:30, but the normal airing at 9:30pm did 4.23 million for a repeat.
- The Big Bang Theory 8PM (CBS) - 6.5 million for a repeat...down some from previous week.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 5.8 million for a repeat airing, lower than previous week.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 9.52 million for a repeat is great, but down over a half million from previous week's repeat.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 7.81 million for its first regular scheduled 9:30pm airing but it was down from previous week's Rules of Engagement repeat, though it was the same really since the lead-in was down as well.
- Old Christine (CBS) - Just 3.91 million for a repeat...down from previous week.
- Gary Unmarried (CBS) - Just 3.87 million for a repeat. I still don't think CBS needs this sitcom hour on Wednesdays...it would be better of use on Sundays.
- The Office (NBC) - Only 3.49 million for a repeat in its normal 9pm slot...but expected.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - Only 3.1 million for a repeat, at least retention wasn't that bad from the lead-in.
- Old Christine (CBS) - Two special repeats in the 8pm hour did better than the regular Wednesday even! 4.59 and 4.84 million...go figure.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 930,000 viewers. Up a bit from previous week's prelim, but this show is canceled anyway.
- The Game (The CW) - A repeat did 989,000 prelim viewers for this canceled sitcom as well...down a tad from previous week's prelim. This should have been brought back for another year I think.
- Surviving Suburbia (ABC) - Prelim numbers show only 2.87 million for an all-new episode at 8pm.
- The Goode Family (ABC) - Prelim numbers were even worse for an all-new episode of this show with a series low of 1.82 million. Look for this to be pulled this week.
- Samantha Who? (ABC) 2 episodes - Two repeats did just a prelim 2.38 million average for the hour, up a tad from previous week. Look for final Friday ratings for all of these sitcoms on our message board when available.
Coming Week Preview (June 15-21):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with new episodes of The Bachelorette from 8-10pm and Here Come the Newylweds at 10pm. NBC will have a two-hour of the crazy I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here at 8pm followed by yet another Dateline at 10pm. On cable among the highlights we have a new episode of Around the World for Free on WGN America at 9pm, Greek on ABC Family at 8pm, new episodes of The Closer and Raising the Bar on TNT starting at 9, WWE Raw on USA Network, Jon & Kate Plus 8 on TLC, VH1's reality series Rock of Love Charm School, New York Goes to Work & Gotti's Way, and Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List at 10pm on Bravo.
On Tuesday, ABC could have Jimmy Kimmel Live! Game Night at 8pm followed by game 6 of the NBA Finals, ONLY IF Orlando wins game 5 tonight. If they don't, look for comedy repeats and the final episode of Cupid. CBS will have an episode of 48 Hours at 10pm. NBC has another I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here at 8. Fox and The CW at 9pm will have Mental on Fox and The CW airing Hitched or Ditched. On cable, among the highlights are Deadliest Catch and After the Catch on Discovery starting at 9pm, TNT has a full night of premieres of Wedding Day, Hawthorne, and Saving Grace starting at 8pm, MTV has Paris Hilton's My New BFF at 10, TLC has new series 18 Kids and Counting & The Little Couple, BET has College Hill at 10pm, Bravo has an all-new The Real Housewives of New Jersey at 10pm, Oxygen has Tori & Dean Home Sweet Hollywood at 10, and FX has an all-new Rescue Me at 10pm.
On Wednesday, the best show of the summer is Wipeout and it airs at 8pm, followed by the season premiere of I Survived a Japanese Game Show at 9pm, and at 10pm the final episode of The Unusuals. NBC will have yet another I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance. On cable, among the highlights are new episodes of Meet the Browns on TBS starting at 10pm, Food has Bobby Flay at 9, Discovery has an all-new primetime including MythBusters at 9pm, Comedy Central has a new RENO 911 at 10:30pm, MTV has Real World Road Rules at 10, MonsterQuest on History at 9, Top Chef Masters is on Bravo at 10, and also at 10pm is Ultimate Fighter on Spike.
On Thursday, ABC will have Game 7 of the NBA Finals between Orlando and the L.A. Lakers starting at 8:30pm ET, with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night at 8pm, all if necessary. NBC will have another episode of I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here at 8pm, and later in the night a new episode of drama The Listener at 10pm. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm. On cable, among the highlights are WWE Superstars on WGN America, Burn Notice on USA at 9 followed by Royal Pains at 10, Comedy Central has a new Tosh.0 at 10pm, MTV has a new 16 and Pregnant at 10, TLC has a new American Chopper at 9, TV Land has She's Got the Look at 9pm, The Real Housewives of Orange County at 9 & The Fashion Show at 10 on Bravo, and Southern Belles: Louisville at 10 on SOAPnet.
On Friday, ABC has new episodes of Surviving Suburbia and The Goode Family in the 8pm hour and later a new 20/20 at 10pm. NBC has a burn-off of Chopping Block followed by two-hours of Dateline. Fox will air a new Don't Forget the Lyrics at 8, and MNT is airing WWE Smackdown. Cable wise, among the highlights are Whale Wars on Animal Planet at 9, What Not to Wear & Say Yes to the Dress on TLC and The Soup on E! at 10.
On Saturday, it's slow as usual with NBC airing a burn-off of Kings at 8. ABC has the a burn-off episode of Eli Stone at 10pm, while CBS has burn-off of Harper's Island 9pm. Fox is new with Cops and AMW. Cable wise, Spike has a new The Ultimate Fighter at 9.
And next Sunday, ABC will have the first part of the mini-series Impact from 9-11pm. CBS has 60 Minutes at 7pm. NBC will have a new Dateline at 7pm, leading into the two-hour premiere of Merlin from 8-10. Cable wise, among the highlights are Lifetime's new season of Army Wives at 10pm, Law & Order Criminal Intent and In Plain Sight on USA at 9 & 10, Kendra and Denise Richards at 10 on E!, Daisy of Love & Brooke Knows Best on VH1, Gene Simmons Family Jewels & Hammertime on A&E, Ultimate Knockouts & Spike Guys Choice on Spike starting at 9, JONAS on Disney at 8:30, and Bridezillas on WE tv.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Saturday, December 10
Saturday, December 10
- Dennis Haskins (Saved by the Bell/Saved by the Bell: The New Class) - Dennis will be featured on Oprah: Where Are They Now? at 10pm ET/PT on OWN.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Watch Jennifer Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) - Bryan is a guest on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. He also chats about the film Why Him? on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- John Goodman (Roseanne/Normal, Ohio) - John appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) - Chris visits The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Olivia Munn (Perfect Couples) - Olivia is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Matthew Perry (The Odd Couple/Go On/Mr. Sunshine) - Matthew stops by The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on Harry, so check your local listings.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will talks about Collateral Beauty on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Out of Practice/Arrested Development) - Henry will be on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Megan Mullally (Will & Grace) - Megan is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 4pm.