Sunday, June 07, 2009
Last Sunday Sitcoms (counts for week of May 25-31)
- The Simpsons (Fox) - 4.94 million for a repeat beats the previous week's not scheduled rain-out NASCAR repeat.
- King of the Hill (Fox) 2 episodes - A 7pm repeat did just 2.29 million and a 8:30 repeat did better with 4.44 million.
- Family Guy (Fox) - 5.35 million for a repeat, is 3 million more than the previous week when it aired but wasn't scheduled to due to the NASCAR rain-out.
- American Dad! (Fox) 2 episodes - Only 2.65 million for a repeat at 7:30, but the normal airing at 9:30pm did 4.66 million for a repeat.
- The Big Bang Theory (CBS) - 6.77 million for a repeat...up from previous week when it was Memorial Day.
- How I Met Your Mother
(CBS) - 6.18 million for a repeat airing, not bad.
- Two and a Half Men (CBS) - 10.1 million for a repeat is excellent for a repeat...actually unbelievable these days.
- Rules of Engagement (CBS) - 8.31 million for a repeat is decent.
- According to Jim (ABC) 2 episodes - It finally happened. The final two episodes of the series aired and did 3.98 and 3.96 million. Not too good, but better than what it did in recent weeks. I think ABC should have promoted it a little bit at least. The show did last 8 seasons.
- The Goode Family (ABC) 2 episodes - Only 2.44 million for the hour. Not good, now ABC is moving it to Fridays at 8:30pm starting this week. Two new Wipeout episodes this Wednesday! Good night and big balls!
- Old Christine (CBS) - Just 4.49 million for a repeat...could be better.
- Gary Unmarried (CBS) - Just 4.41 million for a repeat. CBS needs to promote this sitcom hour more since it is coming back in tact in the fall and ABC is already promoting their all-new Wednesday comedy block.
- 30 Rock (NBC) - preempted.
- The Office (NBC) - preempted.
- Everybody Hates Chris (The CW) - A repeat at 9pm did a prelim 880,000 viewers. This show is canceled anyway.
- The Game (The CW) - A repeat did 1.1 million prelim viewers for this canceled sitcom as well. This should have been brought back for another year I think.
- Samantha Who? (ABC) 2 episodes - Two repeats did just a prelim 2.32 million average for the hour.
- Old Christine (CBS) - A special Saturday repeat only mustered a prelim 2.21 million.
- Worst Week (CBS) - An all-new burn-off episode of this canceled comedy only did a prelim 1.91 million ... ouch!
Coming Week Preview (June 8-14):
For Monday, on ABC, it's an all-new night with new episodes of The Bachelorette from 8-10pm and Here Come the Newylweds at 10pm. NBC will have a two-hour of the crazy I'm A Celebrity Get Me Out of Here at 8pm followed by yet another Dateline at 10pm. On cable among the highlights we have a new episode of Around the World for Free on WGN America at 9pm, Greek on ABC Family at 8pm, season premieres of The Closer and Raising the Bar on TNT starting at 9, WWE Raw on USA Network, Jon & Kate Plus 8 on TLC, VH1's reality series Rock of Love Charm School, New York Goes to Work & Gotti's Way, and Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List at 10pm on Bravo.
On Tuesday, ABC will have Jimmy Kimmel Live! Game Night at 8pm followed by game 3 of the NBA Finals. CBS will have an episode of 48 Hours at 10pm. NBC has Game 6 of the NHL Stanley Cup Finals. Fox and The CW at 9pm will have Mental on Fox and The CW airing Hitched or Ditched. On cable, among the highlights are Deadliest Catch and Out of the Wild on Discovery starting at 9pm, MTV has Paris Hilton's My New BFF at 10, TLC has new series 18 Kids and Counting & The Little Couple, BET has College Hill at 10pm, Bravo has an all-new The Real Housewives of New Jersey at 10pm, and FX has an all-new Rescue Me at 10pm.
On Wednesday, the best show of the summer is Wipeout and it airs at 8pm and 9pm this week with two all-new episodes and at 10pm a new The Unusuals. NBC will have yet another two-hour I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here. Fox has a two-hour So You Think You Can Dance. On cable, among the highlights are new episodes of House of Payne and Meet the Browns on TBS starting at 9pm, Discovery has an all-new primetime including MythBusters at 9pm, Comedy Central has a new RENO 911 at 10:30pm, MTV has Real World Road Rules at 10, MonsterQuest on History at 9, Top Chef Masters is on Bravo at 10, and also at 10pm is Ultimate Fighter on Spike.
On Thursday, ABC will have Game 4 of the NBA Finals between Orlando and the L.A. Lakers starting at 8:30pm ET, with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night at 8pm. NBC will have another episode of I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here at 8pm, and later in the night a new episode of drama The Listener at 10pm. Fox will have a new So You Think You Can Dance at 9pm. On cable, among the highlights are WWE Superstars on WGN America, Burn Notice on USA at 9 followed by Royal Pains at 10, Comedy Central has a new Tosh.0 at 10pm, MTV has a new 16 and Pregnant at 10, TLC has a new American Chopper at 9, TV Land has the premiere of a new season of She's Got the Look at 9pm, The Real Housewives of Orange County at 9 & The Fashion Show at 10 on Bravo, and Southern Belles: Louisville at 10 on SOAPnet.
On Friday, ABC has new episodes of Surviving Suburbia and The Goode Family in the 8pm hour and later a new 20/20 at 10pm. NBC has Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals if it is necessary. Fox will air a new Don't Forget the Lyrics at 8, and MNT is airing WWE Smackdown. Cable wise, among the highlights are MADE on MTV at 10, What Not to Wear & Masters of Reception on TLC and The Soup on E! at 10.
On Saturday, it's slow as usual with NBC airing a burn-off of Kings at 8. ABC has the final burn-off episode of Pushing Daisies at 10pm, while CBS has burn-off of Harper's Island 9pm. Fox is new with Cops and AMW. Cable wise, Nick has a new The Naked Brothers Band at 9.
And next Sunday, ABC will have Game 5 of the NBA Finals starting at 7:30pm ET with Jimmy Kimmel Live: Game Night at 7pm. CBS has 60 Minutes & Million Dollar Password starting at 7pm. NBC will have a new Dateline at 7pm. Cable wise, among the highlights are Lifetime's new season of Army Wives at 10pm, In Plain Sight on USA at 10, Daisy of Love & Brooke Knows Best on VH1, Gene Simmons Family Jewels & Hammertime on A&E, UFC Unleashed & Jesse James is a Dead Man on Spike starting at 9, and Bridezillas on WE tv.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.