Monday, June 22, 2009
George Lopez will still anchor primetime, but now since Nick at Nite starts at 8pm with Malcolm, the anchor will move to the 9pm hour on Sun-Thurs since primetime is now 8pm-11pm instead of 9-11pm! George Lopez will still lead-off Nick at Nite on Fridays & Saturdays in the 10pm hour, as Nick at Nite starts still at 10pm on those two nights. The 1am encore will remain Mon-Fri.
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is back in primetime, Mon-Thurs in the 10pm hour and on Fridays in the 11pm hour. It will also air late nights Mon-Thurs in the 4am hour. Who knew this show would come back big? My guess is it is holding the hour for Everybody Hates Chris for the fall.
The Nanny will remain in the 11pm hour every night but Friday (Fresh Prince). The late night hour moves to the 2am hour from Mon-Fri. And on Sat-Sun nights the late night airings are 3-5am.
Family Matters moves to only the 3am hour now on Mon-Fri, with the Mon-Fri at 6am half-hour airings remaining. On Saturdays it is just in the 1am hour and on Sunday nights it will also air in the 1am hour but it will be in primetime as well in the 10pm hour.
Home Improvement is now just every morning in the 5am hour, as it loses all of its slots, including primetime at 9pm.
Anyway, on to the rest of the highlights. We have more than just the Malcolm in the Middle launch marathon. Sister network The N's new series The Assistants (launches Friday, July 10 at 8:30pm on The N) will have a special one-time encore on Nick at Nite on Friday, July 12 at 9pm, sandwiched in between Malcolm in the Middle and George Lopez. Nickelodeon will celebrate the 10th birthday of their megahit SpongeBob SquarePants with "The Ultimate SpongeBob Sponge Bash" from Friday, July 17 starting at 8PM through Sunday, July 19 at 9:30pm ET/PT. That's nearly 50 hours of non-stop SpongeBob! Finally, there will be a George Lopez marathon on Sunday, July 26 from 9pm-4am ET/PT, but we don't have details yet. Stay tuned. Once Nick at Nite officially announces these stunts and what is airing Sunday nights 1am-3am, we will let you know.
For now view our Nick at Nite July 2009 thread and discuss the schedule with others.
We mentioned before that Scrubs was joining the regular schedule for Spike TV starting July 6, weekdays in the 11am hour, now that is not happening. The series had been airing on Thursday nights this month in the 1am hour and was set to join the regular schedule in July, but now instead Spike TV will air Spike's Most Amazing Videos in the 11am hour starting July 6. The other changes we mentioned starting July 6 will remain, including the return of Married...with Children from 9-11am on weekdays. At least Scrubs got to air Thursdays 1-2am on June 18 and will again this Thursday (June 25). It will also air Sunday morning this week.
Scrubs will still be on sister network Comedy Central and also not to mention on WGN America and local broadcast syndication. Starting next week, Scrubs will only be 7-8pm on weekdays on Comedy Central as its 2:30-3:30pm slot will be taken over by MADtv, as Dr. Katz: Professional Therapist returns weekdays in the 8am hour. Just Shoot Me! will remain 3:30-4:30pm. Scrubs will still air in mini-blocks on weekend midday/early afternoons.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, June 24
Bizaardvark - "First!" (Disney Channel, 9:43PM ET/PT)
Frankie and Paige struggle to come up with an idea for a new video that they deem good enough for their first VidView party at Vuuugle.
Friday, June 24
- Mindy Kaling (The Mindy Project/The Office) - Watch Mindy on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Ellen Barkin (Happyish/The New Normal) - Ellen stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Martin Short (Mulaney/The Martin Short Show) - Martin is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Will Arnett (Arrested Development/The Millers/Up All Night) - Will appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Lauren Lapkus (Clipped/Are You There, Chelsea?) - Lauren is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy visits LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Jussie Smollett (On Our Own) - Jussie guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Hayley Orrantia (The Goldbergs) - Hayley appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Josie Bissett (The Hogan Family) - Josie talks about The Wedding March on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Shiri Appleby (Sunday Dinner) and Constance Zimmer (Good Morning, Miami) - Shiri and Constance talk about UnREAL on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Aresenio chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Michael Strahan (Brothers) - Michael appears on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Jamie Lynn Spears (Zoey 101) - Jamie Lynn guest co-hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She opens up about her life now ahead of her TLC special When the Lights Go Out, which airs Sunday night on TLC, on People Now at 8:30am.
- Sabrina Carpenter (Girl Meets World) - Sabrina and Sofia Carson share a sneak peek of the TV movie Adventures in Babysitting on People Now at 8:30am.