Monday, June 22, 2009
George Lopez will still anchor primetime, but now since Nick at Nite starts at 8pm with Malcolm, the anchor will move to the 9pm hour on Sun-Thurs since primetime is now 8pm-11pm instead of 9-11pm! George Lopez will still lead-off Nick at Nite on Fridays & Saturdays in the 10pm hour, as Nick at Nite starts still at 10pm on those two nights. The 1am encore will remain Mon-Fri.
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is back in primetime, Mon-Thurs in the 10pm hour and on Fridays in the 11pm hour. It will also air late nights Mon-Thurs in the 4am hour. Who knew this show would come back big? My guess is it is holding the hour for Everybody Hates Chris for the fall.
The Nanny will remain in the 11pm hour every night but Friday (Fresh Prince). The late night hour moves to the 2am hour from Mon-Fri. And on Sat-Sun nights the late night airings are 3-5am.
Family Matters moves to only the 3am hour now on Mon-Fri, with the Mon-Fri at 6am half-hour airings remaining. On Saturdays it is just in the 1am hour and on Sunday nights it will also air in the 1am hour but it will be in primetime as well in the 10pm hour.
Home Improvement is now just every morning in the 5am hour, as it loses all of its slots, including primetime at 9pm.
Anyway, on to the rest of the highlights. We have more than just the Malcolm in the Middle launch marathon. Sister network The N's new series The Assistants (launches Friday, July 10 at 8:30pm on The N) will have a special one-time encore on Nick at Nite on Friday, July 12 at 9pm, sandwiched in between Malcolm in the Middle and George Lopez. Nickelodeon will celebrate the 10th birthday of their megahit SpongeBob SquarePants with "The Ultimate SpongeBob Sponge Bash" from Friday, July 17 starting at 8PM through Sunday, July 19 at 9:30pm ET/PT. That's nearly 50 hours of non-stop SpongeBob! Finally, there will be a George Lopez marathon on Sunday, July 26 from 9pm-4am ET/PT, but we don't have details yet. Stay tuned. Once Nick at Nite officially announces these stunts and what is airing Sunday nights 1am-3am, we will let you know.
For now view our Nick at Nite July 2009 thread and discuss the schedule with others.
We mentioned before that Scrubs was joining the regular schedule for Spike TV starting July 6, weekdays in the 11am hour, now that is not happening. The series had been airing on Thursday nights this month in the 1am hour and was set to join the regular schedule in July, but now instead Spike TV will air Spike's Most Amazing Videos in the 11am hour starting July 6. The other changes we mentioned starting July 6 will remain, including the return of Married...with Children from 9-11am on weekdays. At least Scrubs got to air Thursdays 1-2am on June 18 and will again this Thursday (June 25). It will also air Sunday morning this week.
Scrubs will still be on sister network Comedy Central and also not to mention on WGN America and local broadcast syndication. Starting next week, Scrubs will only be 7-8pm on weekdays on Comedy Central as its 2:30-3:30pm slot will be taken over by MADtv, as Dr. Katz: Professional Therapist returns weekdays in the 8am hour. Just Shoot Me! will remain 3:30-4:30pm. Scrubs will still air in mini-blocks on weekend midday/early afternoons.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (March)
03/03 - CHiPs - The Complete Third Season
03/10 - Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C. - The Complete Series
03/10 - Hey Dude - The Complete Series (Walmart Exclusive)
03/10 - Petticoat Junction - Family Favorite Episodes
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Bewitched - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
03/17 - Maude - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete First Season (Shout! Factory)
03/17 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Second Season (Shout! Factory)
03/24 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 2 (MPI Home Video)
03/31 - Silicon Valley - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
03/31 - Veep - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, March 27
Cristela - "Latino 101" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Trent picks Cristela to sit at his table for the trial of a landlord accused of not renting to minorities. But his reason for doing so – to show a minority on the landlord’s side – backfires on him, and Cristela must decide whether to use an advantage she did not earn through hard work. Meanwhile, as Alberto starts bonding with Natalia, Daniela becomes suspicious that perhaps he’s “using Ama to get in good with Cristela.
Cristela - "Great Expectations" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Cristela is tasked with persuading Maddie to improve her work ethic; while Daniela is away on a work trip, Felix must take care of the kids by himself.
Jessie - "Karate Kid-tastrophe" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Emma gets into trouble at school and Jessie is unsure of how to handle it; Luke trains Zuri for her upcoming karate belt test.
Girl Meets World - "Girl Meets First Date" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Cory agrees to let Lucas take Riley on a date but only if Maya and Farkle go with them as chaperones.
Friday, March 27
- Norm Macdonald (Norm) - Watch Norm on a repeat of The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Will Forte (The Last Man on Earth) - Will visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Kevin Hart (The Big House/Undeclared) - Kevin appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Cedric the Entertainer (The Soul Man/The Steve Harvey Show) and Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Getting On/Reno 911!) - Cedric and Niecy are guests on a repeat of The Wendy Williams Show at 12am on BET or on your local stations.
- Laurie Metcalf (The McCartyhs/The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne) - Laurie appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Jeremy Piven (Entourage/Ellen) - Jeremy joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Wanda Sykes (The New Adventures of Old Christine/Wanda at Large) - Wanda guest hosts The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jim Parsons (The Big Bang Theory) - Jim visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Nick Zano (One Big Happy/What I Like About You) - Nick stops by The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Christian Slater (Breaking In) - Christian co-hosts NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Linda Cardellini (The Goode Family/Guys Like Us) - Linda will be on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.