Monday, June 22, 2009
George Lopez will still anchor primetime, but now since Nick at Nite starts at 8pm with Malcolm, the anchor will move to the 9pm hour on Sun-Thurs since primetime is now 8pm-11pm instead of 9-11pm! George Lopez will still lead-off Nick at Nite on Fridays & Saturdays in the 10pm hour, as Nick at Nite starts still at 10pm on those two nights. The 1am encore will remain Mon-Fri.
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is back in primetime, Mon-Thurs in the 10pm hour and on Fridays in the 11pm hour. It will also air late nights Mon-Thurs in the 4am hour. Who knew this show would come back big? My guess is it is holding the hour for Everybody Hates Chris for the fall.
The Nanny will remain in the 11pm hour every night but Friday (Fresh Prince). The late night hour moves to the 2am hour from Mon-Fri. And on Sat-Sun nights the late night airings are 3-5am.
Family Matters moves to only the 3am hour now on Mon-Fri, with the Mon-Fri at 6am half-hour airings remaining. On Saturdays it is just in the 1am hour and on Sunday nights it will also air in the 1am hour but it will be in primetime as well in the 10pm hour.
Home Improvement is now just every morning in the 5am hour, as it loses all of its slots, including primetime at 9pm.
Anyway, on to the rest of the highlights. We have more than just the Malcolm in the Middle launch marathon. Sister network The N's new series The Assistants (launches Friday, July 10 at 8:30pm on The N) will have a special one-time encore on Nick at Nite on Friday, July 12 at 9pm, sandwiched in between Malcolm in the Middle and George Lopez. Nickelodeon will celebrate the 10th birthday of their megahit SpongeBob SquarePants with "The Ultimate SpongeBob Sponge Bash" from Friday, July 17 starting at 8PM through Sunday, July 19 at 9:30pm ET/PT. That's nearly 50 hours of non-stop SpongeBob! Finally, there will be a George Lopez marathon on Sunday, July 26 from 9pm-4am ET/PT, but we don't have details yet. Stay tuned. Once Nick at Nite officially announces these stunts and what is airing Sunday nights 1am-3am, we will let you know.
For now view our Nick at Nite July 2009 thread and discuss the schedule with others.
We mentioned before that Scrubs was joining the regular schedule for Spike TV starting July 6, weekdays in the 11am hour, now that is not happening. The series had been airing on Thursday nights this month in the 1am hour and was set to join the regular schedule in July, but now instead Spike TV will air Spike's Most Amazing Videos in the 11am hour starting July 6. The other changes we mentioned starting July 6 will remain, including the return of Married...with Children from 9-11am on weekdays. At least Scrubs got to air Thursdays 1-2am on June 18 and will again this Thursday (June 25). It will also air Sunday morning this week.
Scrubs will still be on sister network Comedy Central and also not to mention on WGN America and local broadcast syndication. Starting next week, Scrubs will only be 7-8pm on weekdays on Comedy Central as its 2:30-3:30pm slot will be taken over by MADtv, as Dr. Katz: Professional Therapist returns weekdays in the 8am hour. Just Shoot Me! will remain 3:30-4:30pm. Scrubs will still air in mini-blocks on weekend midday/early afternoons.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (September)
09/06 - Coach - Season One (Mill Creek) / Season Two / Seasons One and Two
09/06 - South Park - The Complete Ninteenth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
09/13 - Newhart - The Complete Sixth Season
09/20 - 2 Broke Girls - The Complete Fifth Season
09/20 - Family Matters - The Complete Eighth Season
09/20 - Modern Family - The Complete Season 7
09/20 - Veep - Season 5
09/27 - The Wonder Years - Season Six
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, September 27
Brooklyn Nine-Nine - "Coral Palms Pt. 2" (Fox, 8:00PM ET/PT)
After Jimmy “The Butcher” Figgis sees Jake and Holt’s viral video, the two begin plotting their attack. However, when caught red-handed, the- are forced to experience the other side of the interrogation table. Back at the precinct, a questionable new Captain (guest star Ken Marino, “Childrens Hospital”) takes over.
New Girl - "Hubbedy Bubby" (Fox, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Jess and Cece jump on the campaign trail and make a bet with a disbelieving Schmidt that they can recruit voters for the upcoming Presidential election. Meanwhile, Winston teaches Nick about modern phone sex.
Atlanta - "Nobody Beats the Biebs" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ayyye, okay! We got celebs in the building balling for the kids. I love me some Justin Bieber. Man, Paper Boi stay hating tho haha.
In the Cut - "Whose Is It" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Jay finds a positive pregnancy test.
Tuesday, September 27
- J.K Simmons (Growing Up Fisher/Family Tools) - Catch J.K. on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Sutton Foster (Younger) - Sutton appears on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS. She joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS. She will also be on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kristin Chenoweth (Kristin) - Kristin performs for the audience on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Gabourey Sidibe (The Big C) - Gabourey visits Harry, so check your local listings.
- Kristen Bell (The Good Place) - Kristen stops by Harry, so check your local listings.
- Cheryl Hines (Son of Zorn/Suburgatory/Curb Your Enthusiasm) - Cheryl is a guest on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom talks about Hidden Heroes on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Jennifer Esposito (Samantha Who?/Spin City) - Jennifer is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Wilmer Valderrama (That '70s Show) - Wilmer appears on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Melissa Joan Hart (Melissa & Joey/Sabrina, the Teenage Witch/Clarissa Explains It All) - Melissa is a guest on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime between 7-10am.
- Michael Rosenbaum (Impastor) - Michael appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC. He will also be on Good Morning Football on NFL Network sometime between 7-10am.