Monday, June 22, 2009
George Lopez will still anchor primetime, but now since Nick at Nite starts at 8pm with Malcolm, the anchor will move to the 9pm hour on Sun-Thurs since primetime is now 8pm-11pm instead of 9-11pm! George Lopez will still lead-off Nick at Nite on Fridays & Saturdays in the 10pm hour, as Nick at Nite starts still at 10pm on those two nights. The 1am encore will remain Mon-Fri.
The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air is back in primetime, Mon-Thurs in the 10pm hour and on Fridays in the 11pm hour. It will also air late nights Mon-Thurs in the 4am hour. Who knew this show would come back big? My guess is it is holding the hour for Everybody Hates Chris for the fall.
The Nanny will remain in the 11pm hour every night but Friday (Fresh Prince). The late night hour moves to the 2am hour from Mon-Fri. And on Sat-Sun nights the late night airings are 3-5am.
Family Matters moves to only the 3am hour now on Mon-Fri, with the Mon-Fri at 6am half-hour airings remaining. On Saturdays it is just in the 1am hour and on Sunday nights it will also air in the 1am hour but it will be in primetime as well in the 10pm hour.
Home Improvement is now just every morning in the 5am hour, as it loses all of its slots, including primetime at 9pm.
Anyway, on to the rest of the highlights. We have more than just the Malcolm in the Middle launch marathon. Sister network The N's new series The Assistants (launches Friday, July 10 at 8:30pm on The N) will have a special one-time encore on Nick at Nite on Friday, July 12 at 9pm, sandwiched in between Malcolm in the Middle and George Lopez. Nickelodeon will celebrate the 10th birthday of their megahit SpongeBob SquarePants with "The Ultimate SpongeBob Sponge Bash" from Friday, July 17 starting at 8PM through Sunday, July 19 at 9:30pm ET/PT. That's nearly 50 hours of non-stop SpongeBob! Finally, there will be a George Lopez marathon on Sunday, July 26 from 9pm-4am ET/PT, but we don't have details yet. Stay tuned. Once Nick at Nite officially announces these stunts and what is airing Sunday nights 1am-3am, we will let you know.
For now view our Nick at Nite July 2009 thread and discuss the schedule with others.
We mentioned before that Scrubs was joining the regular schedule for Spike TV starting July 6, weekdays in the 11am hour, now that is not happening. The series had been airing on Thursday nights this month in the 1am hour and was set to join the regular schedule in July, but now instead Spike TV will air Spike's Most Amazing Videos in the 11am hour starting July 6. The other changes we mentioned starting July 6 will remain, including the return of Married...with Children from 9-11am on weekdays. At least Scrubs got to air Thursdays 1-2am on June 18 and will again this Thursday (June 25). It will also air Sunday morning this week.
Scrubs will still be on sister network Comedy Central and also not to mention on WGN America and local broadcast syndication. Starting next week, Scrubs will only be 7-8pm on weekdays on Comedy Central as its 2:30-3:30pm slot will be taken over by MADtv, as Dr. Katz: Professional Therapist returns weekdays in the 8am hour. Just Shoot Me! will remain 3:30-4:30pm. Scrubs will still air in mini-blocks on weekend midday/early afternoons.
The Goldbergs - "Kara-Te" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Barry decides to sign up for the school’s holiday talent show but is bummed when the school doesn’t approve karate as a talent. Beverly is livid and brow beats the teacher in charge to change his mind. After the family watches Barry’s routine, everyone wonders whether he will be able to pull off the performance… or crack under pressure. Meanwhile, Erica gets coerced from Pops to also perform in the talent show, but will she? Tim Meadows guest stars.
Trophy Wife - "Twas the Night Before Christmas... Or Twas It?" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Pete, Kate, Diane and Jackie wake up Christmas morning hung-over and the house in complete disaster. They try to piece together the events of last night’s Christmas Eve festivities while also trying to save Christmas for the kids. Phyllis Smith (“The Office”) returns for a guest appearance.
Tuesday, December 10
- Billy Crystal (Soap) - Catch Billy on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kirstie Alley (Kirstie/Veronica's Closet/Cheers) - Kirstie is a guest on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno at 11:35pm on NBC.
- Tom Hanks (Bosom Buddies) - Tom visits Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- John Goodman (Roseanne) - John appears on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon at 12:37am on NBC.
- Toks Olagundoye (The Neighbors) - Tune in to see Toks on The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Lizzy is part of the guest panel on Chelsea Lately on E! at 11pm.
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar (Saved by the Bell) - Mark-Paul stops by The Pete Holmes Show at midnight on TBS.
- Mario Lopez (Saved by the Bell) - It's an hour of Latin inspired holiday dishes when Mario and Mario Batali whip up a tasty holiday dish on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT. He will also be on New York Live on WNBC at 12:30pm ET.
- Richard Karn (Home Improvement) - Richard discusses his latest project on Home & Family at 10am on Hallmark Channel.
- Ed Asner (The Mary Tyler Moore Show) - Ed is a guest on The Queen Latifah Show, so check your local listings.
- David Koechner (The Office) - David will be on SI Now at 1pm.
- Miranda Cosgrove (iCarly) - Miranda appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.