Thursday, May 07, 2009
Now for June 2009, those changes are also in June. There are no other changes. So weekdays still looks like this: Quantum Leap, M*A*S*H, Family Feud, Reba from 4pm-8pm. In primetime, we have Reba in the 8pm hour every weekday but Tuesday, NCIS from 9-11pm on Mondays, Boston Legal from 8pm-11pm on Tuesdays, primetime movies from 9-11pm on Wed-Fri. We have many June movie premieres: Assassins, Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls, Batman, Just Cause, Major League II, Sudden Impact, Pacific Heights, and True Crime. Encore airings are The Outlaw Josey Wales and Young Guns II.
View the full ION Television June 2009 schedule.
Sticking with ION, reinforcing an aggressive commitment to build its primetime schedule with high-profile, event-driven programming, ION Television has acquired a major new feature film package from Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution (WBDTD) which includes exclusive windows for multiple Oscar winner The Departed and acclaimed hit Ocean's Thirteen. The movies will air immediately beginning this month, with broadcast runs as far out as 2010.
This announcement underscores ION Television's continued positioning as a leading network destination for "A-list" feature films. This movie package expands upon ION's current roster of hit films from WBDTD, which will now boast nearly 70 titles. In addition to The Departed and Ocean's Thirteen, the new WBDTD film package features a dozen hit movies, including Heat, starring Al Pacino and Robert De Niro and directed by Michael Mann; The Matrix Reloaded, starring Keanu Reeves, Laurence Fishburne and Carrie-Ann Moss, written and directed by The Wachowski Brothers and produced by Joel Silver; The Perfect Storm, starring George Clooney and Mark Wahlberg; Passenger 57, starring Wesley Snipes; and Assassins, starring Sylvester Stallone, Antonio Banderas and Julianne Moore, produced by Joel Silver and directed by Richard Donner; among many other films.
TV Land's got a scorching summer schedule kicking off this June that includes the premiere of three original reality series, an exciting celebrity-filled tribute to Michael Douglas as this year's recipient of the AFI Life Achievement Award, blockbuster movies and the addition of Roseanne -- all premiering in TV Land PRIME, the network's new primetime programming block designed to appeal to the attitudes, life stage and interests of people in their 40s.
The network's summer schedule kicks off on Friday, June 5 with a week-long launch event of the hilarious sitcom Roseanne starring Roseanne Barr. Then, on Thursday, June 11, a new season of the TV Land hit She's Got the Look” -- a reality show modeling competition searching for the next great supermodel over the age of 35 -- kicks off. Both of these we have mentioned alrady. On Sunday, July 19 TV Land will air a special presentation of the AFI Life Achievement Award honoring celebrated actor Michael Douglas. And on Wednesday, August 12, TV Land premieres two brand new original series back-to-back with How'd You Get So Rich? -- starring Joan Rivers -- and the hidden camera show Make My Day. TV Land's signature Friday night PRIME Movie block will continue to air star-powered movies all summer long including Born on the 4th July, Back to School, Driving Miss Daisy, Another 48 Hours and Doc Hollywood.
View more on these summer series and specials!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 20
Last Man Standing - "A House Divided" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
When Mike and Vanessa ask newlyweds Mandy and Kyle to tone down their constant displays of affection, Mandy agrees but only if her parents become more discreet in the way they express their feelings to each other. Meanwhile, Kristen gets Eve a gig playing at the Grill, but Ed wants to fire her after a lackluster performance.
Dr. Ken - "A Day in the Life" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Amy (guest star Yvette Nicole Brown), the producer of a documentary health series, follows Ken around to record a typical day at an HMO, giving Ken his big moment in the limelight. But much to Ken’s chagrin, a series of the less than thrilling day-to-day parts of the job at Welltopia leads Ken to doubt his own career choice.
Friday, January 20
- Anthony Anderson (black-ish/Guys with Kids/All About the Andersons) - Catch Anthony on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- JoAnna Garcia Swisher (Reba/Better with You) - JoAnna visits The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Jim Gaffigan (The Jim Gaffigan Show/My Boys/Welcome to New York) - Jim stops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela drops by The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- John Lithgow (3rd Rock from the Sun/Twenty Good Years) - John is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ken Jeong (Dr. Ken/Community) - Ken is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. He also appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Nicole Byer (Loosely, Exactly Nicole) - Nicole appears on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Joe Jonas (Jonas L.A.) - Joe guest co-hosts LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Bernadette Peters (Mozart in the Jungle/All's Fair) - Bernadette is a guest on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Queen Latifah (Living Single) - Queen Latifah is a guest on a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Andrew Dice Clay (Bless This House/Hitz) - Andrew stops by Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Johnny Galecki (The Big Bang Theory/Roseanne - Johnny discusses his role in the new film, Rings, and dishes on this season of The Big Bang Theory on the AOL Build Show at 1pm.