Wednesday, April 29, 2009
On weekends, Paid Programming is until 3pm still, followed by Lifestyle/original/Boomer programming such as This Food That Wine. Then at 5pm, on Saturdays we get two episodes of Mission Impossible until 7pm, and on Sundays we get the ALN Classic Movie. Then at 7pm, it is the opposite of 5pm, on Saturdays we get the ALN Classic Movie until 9pm, and on Sundays it is two episodes of Mission Impossible. The pattern continues from 9-11pm, with Mission Impossible on Saturday and the ALN Classic Movie on Sunday. From 11pm-1am on Saturday nights we get Primetime Hunting and on Sundays we get two more Mission Impossible episodes. Both nights from 1-3am will see the ALN Classic Movie and closing the weekend on both days is The Color Honeymooners at 3am.
So there you have it, the new AmericanLife TV schedule! It is simpler but lots of shows have to be removed. Unfortunately these shows are off the line-up for now: Batman, Burke's Law, Combat!, It's a Great Life, Land of the Giants, Lone Wolf, Lost in Space, Lou Grant, Mary Tyler Moore Show, Trapper John MD, Rat Patrol, Time Tunnel, Green Hornet, Twelve O'Clock High, Remington Steele, The Big Valley, Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea and WKRP in Cincinnati. Let's hope some of those return and get to air daily as well. But for now, enjoy them in May because in June they will be gone for now.
Chicago just gets better and better! Me-Too in Chicago is calling all Classic Television Lovers! Do you like TV? Do you like TV marathons? Then you'll love Me-Too in May! Over there at Me-Too they have enough classic TV shows for not just one marathon, they have enough for many, many marathons! So, beginning May 1, Me-Too will air a different 12-hour marathon each weekday, Monday through Friday, 10AM-10PM CT, all month long! One day you may be hanging with Lucy and Ethel, another 'Happy Day' you could cruise with the Fonz. How about exploring new galaxies with the original Star Trek crew or going to the moon with the Kramdens? And even laughing out loud with Norman Lear shows!
Kicking it off on Friday (May 1) is The Dick Van Dyke Show. The rest of the month in order are The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Lucille Ball (I Love Lucy, We Love Lucy, Lucy Show), The Honeymooners, Star Trek, Cheers, The Twilight Zone, Perry Mason, Norman Lear Day (All in the Family, The Jeffersons, Maude, Sanford & Son, Good Times), Hooterville & Hillbillies (Petticoat Junction, Green Acres, Beverly Hillbillies), Leave it to Beaver, Three Stooges, Bewitched, Happy Days, Hogan's Heroes, Brady Bunch, Alfred Hitchcock, The Outer Limits, Dragnet, Benny, Burns & Allen (Jack Benny Show and Burns & Allen Show), and Sgt. Bilko: The Phil Silvers Show.
Me-Too Marathons, every weekday beginning May 1! It's Marathon-O-Riffic, Monday through Friday, 10AM-10PM CT!
New on DVD/Blu-ray (December/January)
12/06 - Family Guy - Season Fourteen
12/13 - American Dad! - Volume 11
12/13 - Newhart - The Complete Seventh Season
01/03 - Girls - The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
01/10 - Broad City - Season 3
01/17 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #2 (Colorized)
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume One
01/17 - The Love Boat - Season Three - Volume Two
01/24 - Hooperman - Season One
01/24 - Hooperman - Season Two
01/31 - Ballers - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Monday, January 23
Kevin Can Wait - "Choke Doubt" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Kevin brags about saving a man from choking after hearing how much attention his brother Kyle is receiving for saving a cat. Adam Ferrara guest stars as Bill, a man Kevin saves from choking, and “The Insider” correspondent Michael Yo guest stars as Tom, a morning show anchor who interviews Kyle.
Man with a Plan - "The Talk" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Adam and Andi have the dreaded “talk” with Teddy and Kate, their awkward approach makes the kids horribly uncomfortable.
2 Broke Girls - "And the Emergency Contractor" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
When Max and Caroline get home from their road trip, Caroline discovers she likes the dessert bar renovations as much as she likes Bobby (Christopher Gorham), the contractor on the job. Also, Max rushes to Randy’s side when she hears he’s in the hospital in New York City, and Sophie joins a mommy group that cares more about partying than baby talk.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Conjugal Conjecture" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Sheldon’s mother and Leonard's father share an evening together, everyone deals with an awkward morning the next day. Also, Penny’s family arrives for the wedding ceremony, including her anxiety-ridden mother, Susan (Katey Sagal), and her drug dealing brother, Randall (Jack McBrayer). Dean Norris guest stars as Colonel Williams, an Air Force Representative from the Department of Materiel Command. Christine Baranski, Laurie Metcalf, Judd Hirsch and Keith Carradine return.
Monday, January 23
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Watch Allison on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- William Shatner ($h*! My Dad Says) and Henry Winkler (Happy Days/Arrested Development/Out of Practice) - William and Henry are guests on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Kevin Nealon (Man with a Plan/Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Wendi McClendon-Covey (The Goldbergs/Rules of Engagement/Reno 911!) - Wendi stops by Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Cristela Alonzo (Cristela) - Cristela chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Tika Sumpter (The Game) - Tika appears on The Real, so check your local listings.
- Justina Machado (One Day at a Time) - Justina will be on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry and Rebecca Romjin talk about Love Locks on NBC's Today in the 9am hour. Jerry will also be on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT, on Access Hollywood Live (check your local listings) and on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Retta (Parks and Recreation) - Retta talks about Girlfriend's Guide to Divorce on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Kathryn Hahn (Happyish/Free Agents) - Kathryn will be on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.