Monday, March 02, 2009
On Sunday, April 19 at 5pm, the gang is back together again as TV One encores their original special Living Single: The Reunion Show which reunites the cast of the popular sitcom Living Single including Kim Fields, Kim Coles, Erika Alexander, John Henton, and T.C. Carson as they take a stroll down memory lane with bloopers, set stories, and little known backstage gossip and antics that will have viewers wanting more. So if you missed it or need to record it, April 19 at 5pm is your chance!
Finally, on Friday, April 24 beginning at 10pm, TV One presents the "Viewers Choice Good Times Mega-thon," a 24-hour event that airs the funniest and most talked about episodes from the long running classic sitcom and lets viewers decide (by voting on the TV One website) on their favorite episodes which will air at the end of the mega-thon from 8pm to 10pm on Saturday April 25.
There are no changes really to the schedule, but some minor stuff. The short-lived comedy Good News has been removed from weekdays at 8:30am and Sunday mornings and replaced by Comics Unleashed. That change happened early last month though. TV One has scheduled original series Black Men Revealed at 11am on weekdays, so the daily marathons are now 12-3pm instead of 11am-3pm. More TV One originals air at 3pm. The Divorce Court encores weekdays from 5-6am have been replaced by the original series Get the Hookup. Court will still air weekdays 4-5pm, though. That's about it...no other real changes.
We don't see That's My Mama airing on the regular schedule, so for now it is just a one-time marathon...but wouldn't it be nice if it appears in May in time for Mother's Day? Mama would be proud...but spend this Easter with Mama! Mama Curtis, that is!
Rita Rocks, Lifetime Television's first original primetime comedy in 10 years, has been picked up for a second season. The 20-episode order was announced today. The family comedy starring Nicole Sullivan premiered on October 20, 2008, and, in a unique programming strategy, stripped original episodes for a full week before moving into its regular timeslot (Tuesdays, 8:30 p.m. ET/PT before moving to Mondays at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT). Developed as a companion to Lifetime's most popular comedy, Reba, Rita Rocks met with early success and frequently built on or retained the Reba audience. Since its debut, the first season has cumed more than 36.4 million viewers total.
The first season had its season finale last Monday. Reruns from the beginning start tonight at 8:00PM every Monday, so get hooked again or watch for the first time! No start date has been given for the second season premiere, but as soon as we know...we'll let you know because we 'rock'.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (October/November)
10/04 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Christmas Special (Colorized)
10/04 - I Love Lucy - Superstar Special #1 (Colorized)
10/11 - Dr. Ken - Season One
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Sixth and Final Season
10/11 - Mike & Molly - The Complete Series
10/11 - Nurse Jackie - Seasons One and Two
10/11 - Weeds - Seasons One and Two
11/01 - Schitt's Creek - Seasons One and Two
11/08 - Family Matters - The Complete Ninth Season
11/08 - Your Family or Mine - Season One
11/15 - Community - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Lucy Show - The Complete Series
11/15 - The Mindy Project - Season Four
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, December 8
The Big Bang Theory - "The Military Miniaturization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Colonel Williams (Dean Norris), an Air Force representative from the Department of Material Command sits down to talk with Wolowitz.
The Great Indoors - "@Emma" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT)
When Emma quits after being turned down for a raise, Jack and Roland become the magazine’s newest and worst ever social media managers. Also, in a misguided attempt to boost business, Eddie re-brands his bar as “magic-themed.”
Mom - "Cornbread and a Cashmere Onesie" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Christy and Bonnie worry about Jill after her cry for help on the anniversary of her mother’s suicide.
Life in Pieces - "Swim Survivor Zen Talk" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT)
When John decides to try out for “Survivor,” Tim gets jealous and attempts to undermine his audition tape. Also, Colleen confesses she can’t swim when she and Matt discuss Hawaii as a honeymoon destination; Jen pretends to get hooked on meditation so she can use the time to play cell phone games; and Heather gives Sophia the “sex” talk. “Survivor” host Jeff Probst guest stars as himself.
Thursday, December 8
- Jennifer Aniston (Friends) - Catch Jennifer on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Lola Kirke (Mozart in the Jungle) - Lola is a guest on Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- T.J. Miller (Silicon Valley/The Goodwin Games/Carpoolers) - T.J. appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Anna Camp (The Mindy Project) - Anna stops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril guest co-hosts Rachael Ray and makes sausage-stuffed mushrooms, so check your local listings.
- Jodie Sweetin (Fuller House/Full House) and Andrea Barber (Fuller House/Full House) - Jodie and Andrea chat with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT. Jodie joins the Chew Crew on ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Judah Friedlander (30 Rock) - Judah is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Lori Loughlin (Fuller House/Full House) - Lori is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT. She also talks about what to expect from Season 2 of Fuller House on People Now at 8:30am.
- Scott Patterson (Aliens in America) - Scott talks about Luke and Lorelai’s wedding scene from Gilmore Girls – and if he thinks the two will ever have a baby on People Now at 8:30am.
- Josh Radnor (How I Met Your Mother) - Josh is a guest on the AOL Build Show at 12pm.
- Emmanuelle Chriqui (Entourage) - Emanuelle appears the AOL Build Show 3:45pm.
- Gael Garcia Bernal (Mozart in the Jungle) - Gael is a guest on Chelsea on Netflix.
- Will Smith (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air) - Will appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.