Monday, March 02, 2009
On Sunday, April 19 at 5pm, the gang is back together again as TV One encores their original special Living Single: The Reunion Show which reunites the cast of the popular sitcom Living Single including Kim Fields, Kim Coles, Erika Alexander, John Henton, and T.C. Carson as they take a stroll down memory lane with bloopers, set stories, and little known backstage gossip and antics that will have viewers wanting more. So if you missed it or need to record it, April 19 at 5pm is your chance!
Finally, on Friday, April 24 beginning at 10pm, TV One presents the "Viewers Choice Good Times Mega-thon," a 24-hour event that airs the funniest and most talked about episodes from the long running classic sitcom and lets viewers decide (by voting on the TV One website) on their favorite episodes which will air at the end of the mega-thon from 8pm to 10pm on Saturday April 25.
There are no changes really to the schedule, but some minor stuff. The short-lived comedy Good News has been removed from weekdays at 8:30am and Sunday mornings and replaced by Comics Unleashed. That change happened early last month though. TV One has scheduled original series Black Men Revealed at 11am on weekdays, so the daily marathons are now 12-3pm instead of 11am-3pm. More TV One originals air at 3pm. The Divorce Court encores weekdays from 5-6am have been replaced by the original series Get the Hookup. Court will still air weekdays 4-5pm, though. That's about it...no other real changes.
We don't see That's My Mama airing on the regular schedule, so for now it is just a one-time marathon...but wouldn't it be nice if it appears in May in time for Mother's Day? Mama would be proud...but spend this Easter with Mama! Mama Curtis, that is!
Rita Rocks, Lifetime Television's first original primetime comedy in 10 years, has been picked up for a second season. The 20-episode order was announced today. The family comedy starring Nicole Sullivan premiered on October 20, 2008, and, in a unique programming strategy, stripped original episodes for a full week before moving into its regular timeslot (Tuesdays, 8:30 p.m. ET/PT before moving to Mondays at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT). Developed as a companion to Lifetime's most popular comedy, Reba, Rita Rocks met with early success and frequently built on or retained the Reba audience. Since its debut, the first season has cumed more than 36.4 million viewers total.
The first season had its season finale last Monday. Reruns from the beginning start tonight at 8:00PM every Monday, so get hooked again or watch for the first time! No start date has been given for the second season premiere, but as soon as we know...we'll let you know because we 'rock'.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, June 28
The Middle - "Risky Business" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Frankie is completely gobsmacked when Mike’s brother Rusty (Norm Macdonald) pays an unexpected visit and offers him an opportunity to partner on one of his crazy business ideas — and Mike wants in. Meanwhile, Axl goes to extreme measures to prove to Mike that he can handle riding his dad’s new motorcycle; and unbeknownst to her parents, Sue tells Brad that her college roommate is so horrible that she’s resorted to living in her car.<> black-ish - "Churched" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
In the Johnson home, Sundays involve SAT prep and sports, so when the family is invited to Church on Sunday by the neighbors, Dre goes against his instinct of always saying “no” and agrees. When they end up having one of the best Sundays they can remember, they realize they should say “yes” to things more often. Meanwhile, Jack and Diane find out they were never baptized, and take it upon themselves to do whatever they want.
Uncle Buck - "Going to Jail Party" (ABC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Alexis is convinced that Buck is to blame for Miles’ new, impulsive attitude after she catches him attempting a risky stunt for his YouTube channel. With Miles’ punishment looming, Buck decides to throw a “going to jail” party while Mom and Dad are out, but unfortunately a creepy neighbor calls the cops and ruins their celebration. Buck, Miles, Tia and Maizy seek revenge and end up in a prank war.
Uncle Buck - "I Got This" (ABC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Buck and his buddy Cy have a tradition of watching the Bulls games on TV together with Buck’s lucky basketball beside them (or the Bulls lose). But Buck’s multi-tasking skills are pushed to the limit as Tia, Miles and Maizy all have separate crises on the night of a big game, and Will and Alexis are out celebrating their anniversary.
Wrecked - "The Community Pile" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Pack goes on a vision quest; Danny helps Owen relax; Todd makes a power play to take control; the survivors make a discovery that could change everything.
Tuesday, June 28
- Jim Jefferies (Legit) - Catch Jim on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Sarah and Erin Foster (Barely Famous) - Sarah and Erin are guests on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Paul Scheer (The League/Fresh Off the Boat) - Paul is a guest on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jade Catta-Preta (Manhattan Love Story) - Jade appears on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Steve Harvey (The Steve Harvey Show) - Steve appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sherri Shepherd (Lesss Than Perfect/Sherri) - Sherri is a guest on Steve Harvey, so check your local listings.
- Busy Philipps (Vice Principals/Cougar Town) - Busy discusses her new HBO show Vice Principals, a new comedy series, created by Danny McBride and Jody Hill, that follows a high school and the two people who almost run it on the AOL Build Show at 1pm. She will also be on Good Day New York on WNYW-Fox5 in New York sometime in the 9am hour.
- Jonathan Groff (Looking) - Jonathan talks about Looking on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- Constance Zimmer (Good Morning, Miami), Shiri Appleby (Sunday Dinner) and Craig Bierko (Unhitched/Madman of the People/Sydney) - The stars of Lifetime's UnREAL are guests on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Arsenio Hall (Arsenio) - Arsenio guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.