Monday, March 02, 2009
On Sunday, April 19 at 5pm, the gang is back together again as TV One encores their original special Living Single: The Reunion Show which reunites the cast of the popular sitcom Living Single including Kim Fields, Kim Coles, Erika Alexander, John Henton, and T.C. Carson as they take a stroll down memory lane with bloopers, set stories, and little known backstage gossip and antics that will have viewers wanting more. So if you missed it or need to record it, April 19 at 5pm is your chance!
Finally, on Friday, April 24 beginning at 10pm, TV One presents the "Viewers Choice Good Times Mega-thon," a 24-hour event that airs the funniest and most talked about episodes from the long running classic sitcom and lets viewers decide (by voting on the TV One website) on their favorite episodes which will air at the end of the mega-thon from 8pm to 10pm on Saturday April 25.
There are no changes really to the schedule, but some minor stuff. The short-lived comedy Good News has been removed from weekdays at 8:30am and Sunday mornings and replaced by Comics Unleashed. That change happened early last month though. TV One has scheduled original series Black Men Revealed at 11am on weekdays, so the daily marathons are now 12-3pm instead of 11am-3pm. More TV One originals air at 3pm. The Divorce Court encores weekdays from 5-6am have been replaced by the original series Get the Hookup. Court will still air weekdays 4-5pm, though. That's about it...no other real changes.
We don't see That's My Mama airing on the regular schedule, so for now it is just a one-time marathon...but wouldn't it be nice if it appears in May in time for Mother's Day? Mama would be proud...but spend this Easter with Mama! Mama Curtis, that is!
Rita Rocks, Lifetime Television's first original primetime comedy in 10 years, has been picked up for a second season. The 20-episode order was announced today. The family comedy starring Nicole Sullivan premiered on October 20, 2008, and, in a unique programming strategy, stripped original episodes for a full week before moving into its regular timeslot (Tuesdays, 8:30 p.m. ET/PT before moving to Mondays at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT). Developed as a companion to Lifetime's most popular comedy, Reba, Rita Rocks met with early success and frequently built on or retained the Reba audience. Since its debut, the first season has cumed more than 36.4 million viewers total.
The first season had its season finale last Monday. Reruns from the beginning start tonight at 8:00PM every Monday, so get hooked again or watch for the first time! No start date has been given for the second season premiere, but as soon as we know...we'll let you know because we 'rock'.
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, August 28
Two and a Half Men - "Tazed in the Lady Nuts" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Walden joins his beautiful former employee on a brilliant new project. Meanwhile, Alan advises Jenny to open up to her girlfriend or risk losing her. Odette Annable guest stars as Walden’s former employee, Nicole and Aly Michalka returns as Jenny’s girlfriend, Brooke.
The Millers - "Cancellation Fee" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Nathan tries to date his mother’s dentist in secret after Carol adds her to the Miller Family Blacklist for charging her a $75 cancellation fee for being late to her appointment. Meanwhile, Carol goes to great lengths to get her money back, and Tom can’t figure out why he keeps waking up with gum stuck in his hair.
Welcome to Sweden - "Separate Lives/Saknad" (NBC, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Bruce (Greg Poehler) returns to the United States to help out his former client, Amy Poehler (guest starring as herself), who is in desperate need of his aid in resolving her financial issues. Back in Sweden, Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) remains unsure of where her relationship with Bruce stands, and has difficulties dealing with her ex-boyfriend Marcus (guest star Gustav Roth) who has resurfaced after being away. Meanwhile, Viveka (Lena Olin) yearns to recapture her youth and spends a girls night out on the town with Emma, but things don’t go quite as planned.
Welcome to Sweden - "Home/Återförening" (NBC, 9:30PM ET/PT)
After a night out, Bruce (Greg Poehler) finds himself in a compromising position with Aubrey Plaza (guest starring as herself). Emma (Josephine Bornebusch) and Gustav (Christopher Wagelin) do their best to reunite their parents Viveka (Lena Olin) and Birger (Claes Månsson). Meanwhile, Bruce runs into obstacles, including Amy (guest star Amy Poehler), who has her own agenda, in his quest to return to Sweden.
Married - "Waffles and Pizza" (FX, 10:00PM ET/PT)
AJ and Lina encourage Russ to consider a shady real estate deal. Jess's boss puts her in an uncompromising position.
You're the Worst - "Equally Dead Inside" (FX, 10:30PM ET/PT)
Jimmy opens up emotionally, which completely freaks Gretchen out.
Love That Girl - "The Kid Is Not My Son" (TV One, 9:30PM ET/PT)
Jasmine lands a broadcasting gig in Alaska so Delroy is forced to hire a temp. The temp, however, accuses Delroy of sexual harassment and it's up to Imunique to clear his name. And back in Alaska, Jasmine slowly finds out that she's been catfished by the Naked Bunny Channel.
Thursday, August 28
- David Duchovny (Californication) - Catch David on a repeat of The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson at 12:37am on CBS.
- Drew Carey (The Drew Carey Show/The Good Life) - Drew is a guest on a repeat of @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- Jason Segel (How I Met Your Mother) - Jason appears on a repeat of Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Bill Cosby (The Cosby Show/Cosby/The Bill Cosby Show) - Bill chats on a repeat of The Arsenio Hall Show, so check your local listings.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason guest co-hosts a repeat of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Jamie is a guest on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Julie Bowen (Modern Family) - Julie appears on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Niecy Nash (The Soul Man/Getting On/Reno 911!) - Niecy discusses women's issues on a repeat of The Queen Latifah Show on your local station or at 3am on BET.
- Molly Ephraim (Last Man Standing) - Molly shares behind-the-scenes stories from Last Man Standing on a repeat of Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Timothy Simon (Veep) - Timothy is a guest on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.
- The Cast of The Love Boat - Gavin MacLeod, Bernie Kopell, Ted Lange, Fred Grandy, Lauren Tewes, Jill Whelan and theme song singer Jack Jones are guests on a repeat of The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.