Monday, March 02, 2009
On Sunday, April 19 at 5pm, the gang is back together again as TV One encores their original special Living Single: The Reunion Show which reunites the cast of the popular sitcom Living Single including Kim Fields, Kim Coles, Erika Alexander, John Henton, and T.C. Carson as they take a stroll down memory lane with bloopers, set stories, and little known backstage gossip and antics that will have viewers wanting more. So if you missed it or need to record it, April 19 at 5pm is your chance!
Finally, on Friday, April 24 beginning at 10pm, TV One presents the "Viewers Choice Good Times Mega-thon," a 24-hour event that airs the funniest and most talked about episodes from the long running classic sitcom and lets viewers decide (by voting on the TV One website) on their favorite episodes which will air at the end of the mega-thon from 8pm to 10pm on Saturday April 25.
There are no changes really to the schedule, but some minor stuff. The short-lived comedy Good News has been removed from weekdays at 8:30am and Sunday mornings and replaced by Comics Unleashed. That change happened early last month though. TV One has scheduled original series Black Men Revealed at 11am on weekdays, so the daily marathons are now 12-3pm instead of 11am-3pm. More TV One originals air at 3pm. The Divorce Court encores weekdays from 5-6am have been replaced by the original series Get the Hookup. Court will still air weekdays 4-5pm, though. That's about it...no other real changes.
We don't see That's My Mama airing on the regular schedule, so for now it is just a one-time marathon...but wouldn't it be nice if it appears in May in time for Mother's Day? Mama would be proud...but spend this Easter with Mama! Mama Curtis, that is!
Rita Rocks, Lifetime Television's first original primetime comedy in 10 years, has been picked up for a second season. The 20-episode order was announced today. The family comedy starring Nicole Sullivan premiered on October 20, 2008, and, in a unique programming strategy, stripped original episodes for a full week before moving into its regular timeslot (Tuesdays, 8:30 p.m. ET/PT before moving to Mondays at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT). Developed as a companion to Lifetime's most popular comedy, Reba, Rita Rocks met with early success and frequently built on or retained the Reba audience. Since its debut, the first season has cumed more than 36.4 million viewers total.
The first season had its season finale last Monday. Reruns from the beginning start tonight at 8:00PM every Monday, so get hooked again or watch for the first time! No start date has been given for the second season premiere, but as soon as we know...we'll let you know because we 'rock'.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (May)
05/03 - Mad About You - The Complete Series
05/03 - The Jim Gaffigan Show - Season One
05/10 - Newhart - The Complete Fifth Season
05/17 - Angie Tribeca - The Complete First Season
05/17 - The Facts of Life - The Final (Ninth) Season
05/24 - The Wonder Years - Season Five
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Thursday, May 26
Modern Family - "Clean Out Your Junk Drawer" (ABC, 10:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Gloria won a bid at the school auction for a family seminar with famed doctor and author Debra Radcliffe, whose self-help book ‘Clean Out Your Junk Drawer’ encourages people get out all their emotional junk to become healthier people and in turn better partners and spouses. Jay is resistant to the whole experience and can’t get away fast enough; Mitch and Cam decide to keep it very surface level so they can come off as super stable; and Phil and Claire also make it competitive and strive to be the best and strongest couple of the group. Things quickly escalate, though, as junk starts flying. Elsewhere, Haley and Alex meet up and counsel each other on their boy problems.
black-ish - "Sink or Swim" (ABC, 10:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Dre notices that his neighbor Janine has never invited his family to any of her pool parties, he assumes she is racially stereotyping them as a family that doesn’t swim. The kids are shocked to find out that, in fact, Dre doesn’t know how to swim. At work, Dre shares the story with his colleagues, and Daphne Lido is not convinced it’s a race thing, so Dre confronts Janine directly. Meanwhile, Jack and Diane are a part of the Girls’ and Boys’ Rovers Organization, and they envy each other’s activities.
The Big Bang Theory - "The Empathy Optimization" (CBS, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After having to deal with a sick Sheldon, Leonard, Penny and the gang try to treat themselves to a Sheldon-free weekend.
Life in Pieces - "Sleepy Email Brunch Tree" (CBS, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Matt invites Colleen to brunch with the family, he coaches her through the difficult task of connecting with them. Also, John, Matt and Greg try to prove their masculinity by cutting down a tree in Greg's backyard, Tim has an adverse reaction to espresso, and a sleep-deprived Greg has a run-in with the cops.
Mom - "Terrorists and Gingerbread" (CBS, 9:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Christy and Bonnie have different ideas about forgiveness when Bonnie's mother, Shirley, who abandoned her as a small child, suddenly wants to be a part of their lives. Academy Award winner Ellen Burstyn guest stars as Bonnie’s mother, Shirley. June Squibb guest stars as Dottie.
The Odd Couple - "All About Eavesdropping" (CBS, 9:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
After Oscar and Felix become obsessed with eavesdropping on their bickering neighbors, they try to subtly intervene and help them save their marriage. Also, Emily and Dani’s friendship is tested when they train together to race to the top of the Empire State Building.
Thursday, May 26
- Lizzy Caplan (The Class/Party Down) - Catch Lizzy on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Mike Epps (Uncle Buck/Survivor's Remorse) - Mike is a guest on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Sarah Silverman (The Sarah Silverman Program) - Sarah visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC. She also chats with the ladies of The View on ABC at 11am ET/10am CT-PT.
- David Alan Grier (The Carmichael Show/Life with Bonnie/DAG) - David stops by Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Rebel Wilson (Super Fun Night) - Rebel is a guest on The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Schwimmer (Friends) - David drops by The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - David appears on Conan at 11pm on TBS. He also talks about Netflix's The Do-Over on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Natasha Leggero (Dice/Another Period/Free Agents) - Natasha visits Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Andy Samberg (Brooklyn Nine-Nine) - Andy is a guest on Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.
- Megan Fox (Hope & Faith) - Megan previews the film Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows on LIVE! with Kelly, so check your listings.
- Dave Coulier (Fuller House/Full House) - Dave appears on a repeat of The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Michael Urie (Partners) - Michael is a guest on New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Brandy (Zoe Ever After/The Game/Moesha) - Brandy opens up about her private health battle and how she fought her way back on The Dr. Oz Show, so check your local listings.
- Jennifer Lawrence (The Bill Engvall Show) - Jennifer and the cast of X-Men: Apocalypse will be interviewed on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class) - Jesse is a guest on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Kevin Nealon (Weeds/Hiller and Diller/Champs) - Kevin appears on The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Jerrod Carmichael (The Carmichael Show) - Jerrod is a guest on The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Janet Hubert (The Real) - Janet appears on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.