Monday, March 02, 2009
On Sunday, April 19 at 5pm, the gang is back together again as TV One encores their original special Living Single: The Reunion Show which reunites the cast of the popular sitcom Living Single including Kim Fields, Kim Coles, Erika Alexander, John Henton, and T.C. Carson as they take a stroll down memory lane with bloopers, set stories, and little known backstage gossip and antics that will have viewers wanting more. So if you missed it or need to record it, April 19 at 5pm is your chance!
Finally, on Friday, April 24 beginning at 10pm, TV One presents the "Viewers Choice Good Times Mega-thon," a 24-hour event that airs the funniest and most talked about episodes from the long running classic sitcom and lets viewers decide (by voting on the TV One website) on their favorite episodes which will air at the end of the mega-thon from 8pm to 10pm on Saturday April 25.
There are no changes really to the schedule, but some minor stuff. The short-lived comedy Good News has been removed from weekdays at 8:30am and Sunday mornings and replaced by Comics Unleashed. That change happened early last month though. TV One has scheduled original series Black Men Revealed at 11am on weekdays, so the daily marathons are now 12-3pm instead of 11am-3pm. More TV One originals air at 3pm. The Divorce Court encores weekdays from 5-6am have been replaced by the original series Get the Hookup. Court will still air weekdays 4-5pm, though. That's about it...no other real changes.
We don't see That's My Mama airing on the regular schedule, so for now it is just a one-time marathon...but wouldn't it be nice if it appears in May in time for Mother's Day? Mama would be proud...but spend this Easter with Mama! Mama Curtis, that is!
Rita Rocks, Lifetime Television's first original primetime comedy in 10 years, has been picked up for a second season. The 20-episode order was announced today. The family comedy starring Nicole Sullivan premiered on October 20, 2008, and, in a unique programming strategy, stripped original episodes for a full week before moving into its regular timeslot (Tuesdays, 8:30 p.m. ET/PT before moving to Mondays at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT). Developed as a companion to Lifetime's most popular comedy, Reba, Rita Rocks met with early success and frequently built on or retained the Reba audience. Since its debut, the first season has cumed more than 36.4 million viewers total.
The first season had its season finale last Monday. Reruns from the beginning start tonight at 8:00PM every Monday, so get hooked again or watch for the first time! No start date has been given for the second season premiere, but as soon as we know...we'll let you know because we 'rock'.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (November)
11/03 - Californication - The Complete Series
11/03 - Getting On - The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
11/03 - Hank (1965-66) - The Complete Series
11/03 - I Love Lucy - The Complete Series
11/03 - Men at Work - The Complete Second Season
11/03 - That '70s Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
11/03 - 'Til Death - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - The Dick Van Dyke Show - The Complete Remastered Series (DVD)
11/10 - Maude - The Complete Third Season
11/10 - WKRP in Cincinnati - The Complete Final (Fourth) Season
11/17 - The Comedians - The Complete Series
11/17 - Cristela - The Complete First Season
11/17 - McHale's Navy - The Complete Series
11/17 - Sgt. Bilko (The Phil Silvers Show) - The Fourth Season
11/17 - Weird Loners - The Complete Series
11/24 - George Lopez - The Complete Sixth Seaon
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, November 27
Bunk'd - "Waka, Waka, Waka!" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Tiffany and Ravi capture footage of the Kikiwaka monster; Lou and Emma try to outsell Hazel at the Kikiwaka Day Festival.
Best Friends Whenever - "Cyd and Shelby Strike Back" (Disney Channel, 8:30PM ET/PT)
The girls travel back in time to stop Janet Smythe from starting GDD; their plan works but they also manages to stop major events from happening.
Friday, November 27
- Tracee Ellis Ross (black-ish/Girlfriends) - Watch Tracee on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kathy Griffin (Suddenly Susan) - Kathy appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Terry Crews (Brooklyn Nine-Nine/Are We There Yet?/Everybody Hates Chris) - Terry is a guest on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Meagan Good (Mr. Robinson/Raising Dad/Cousin Skeeter) - Meagan appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- David Krumholtz (Partners/The Trouble with Normal/Chicago Sons) - David is a guest on a repeat of Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Jesse Tyler Ferguson (Modern Family/The Class)- Jesse visits LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Beth Behrs (2 Broke Girls) - Beth chats about 2 Broke Girls on LIVE! with Kelly and Michael, so check your listings.
- Selena Gomez (Wizards of Waverly Place) - Selena appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Keisha Knight Pulliam (The Cosby Show/Tyler Perry's House of Payne) - Keisha is a guest on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Marlo Thomas (That Girl) - Marlo will be on NBC's Today sometime between 7-9am.
- Nathan Lane (Encore! Encore/Charlie Lawrence) - Nathan appears on NBC's Today in the 10am hour.