Monday, March 02, 2009
On Sunday, April 19 at 5pm, the gang is back together again as TV One encores their original special Living Single: The Reunion Show which reunites the cast of the popular sitcom Living Single including Kim Fields, Kim Coles, Erika Alexander, John Henton, and T.C. Carson as they take a stroll down memory lane with bloopers, set stories, and little known backstage gossip and antics that will have viewers wanting more. So if you missed it or need to record it, April 19 at 5pm is your chance!
Finally, on Friday, April 24 beginning at 10pm, TV One presents the "Viewers Choice Good Times Mega-thon," a 24-hour event that airs the funniest and most talked about episodes from the long running classic sitcom and lets viewers decide (by voting on the TV One website) on their favorite episodes which will air at the end of the mega-thon from 8pm to 10pm on Saturday April 25.
There are no changes really to the schedule, but some minor stuff. The short-lived comedy Good News has been removed from weekdays at 8:30am and Sunday mornings and replaced by Comics Unleashed. That change happened early last month though. TV One has scheduled original series Black Men Revealed at 11am on weekdays, so the daily marathons are now 12-3pm instead of 11am-3pm. More TV One originals air at 3pm. The Divorce Court encores weekdays from 5-6am have been replaced by the original series Get the Hookup. Court will still air weekdays 4-5pm, though. That's about it...no other real changes.
We don't see That's My Mama airing on the regular schedule, so for now it is just a one-time marathon...but wouldn't it be nice if it appears in May in time for Mother's Day? Mama would be proud...but spend this Easter with Mama! Mama Curtis, that is!
Rita Rocks, Lifetime Television's first original primetime comedy in 10 years, has been picked up for a second season. The 20-episode order was announced today. The family comedy starring Nicole Sullivan premiered on October 20, 2008, and, in a unique programming strategy, stripped original episodes for a full week before moving into its regular timeslot (Tuesdays, 8:30 p.m. ET/PT before moving to Mondays at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT). Developed as a companion to Lifetime's most popular comedy, Reba, Rita Rocks met with early success and frequently built on or retained the Reba audience. Since its debut, the first season has cumed more than 36.4 million viewers total.
The first season had its season finale last Monday. Reruns from the beginning start tonight at 8:00PM every Monday, so get hooked again or watch for the first time! No start date has been given for the second season premiere, but as soon as we know...we'll let you know because we 'rock'.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June)
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - Season Seven - The Farewell Season
06/02 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series
06/02 - Soap - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
06/02 - The Abbott and Costello Show - The Ultimate Collection
06/09 - The Facts of Life - Season Six
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 7 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Season 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 7 & 8 (Mill Creek)
06/16 - Laverne & Shirley - The Complete Series
06/16 - The Odd Couple - The Complete Series
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Twelfth and Final Season
06/16 - Two and a Half Men - The Complete Series
06/23 - George Lopez - The Complete Fourth Season
06/23 - Workaholics - Season Five (Blu-ray)
06/30 - The Donna Reed Show - Season 3 (MPI Home Video)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, June 30
Fresh Off the Boat - "Blind Spot" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
Jessica’s college boyfriend, Oscar Chow (guest star Rex Lee), comes to visit. She’s a bit miffed that Louis isn’t a little more jealous….but she’s got a blind spot and is completely oblivious to the fact that Oscar is gay. Meanwhile, Eddie goes to great lengths to get out of the school science fair.
black-ish - "Andre From Marseille" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT) (Repeat)
When Zoey brings home her first “serious” boyfriend, a boy from school also named Andre, Dre takes an instant dislike to him for many reasons, including the fact that he’s white, from France and rather worldly for a kid. He’s thrilled when they break up…until he learns that Andre dumped Zoey because she’s too shallow, something Dre takes as a personal affront.
Clipped - "Go Below" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Ben is embarrassed after a one-night stand with Rita Doyle, considering her to be a "go- below." He's offended to find out that Rita is the one who thinks he is below her stature. Meanwhile, Danni is suspicious that a Spanish class that A.J. and Charmaine are taking together might be something more.
The Game - "Hashtag My Bad" (BET, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Keira's feelings for Malik; Tasha as ``Super Mom'' in People Magazine; chaos interrupts after a controversial statement.
Tuesday, June 30
- Jamie Foxx (The Jamie Foxx Show) - Watch Jamie on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Carla Gugino (The Brink/Spin City) - Carla is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC.
- Rob Corddry (Ballers/The Winner) - Rob stops by Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - Kaley appears on a repeat of The Late Late Show with James Corden at 12:37am on CBS.
- Kumail Nanjiani (Silicon Valley) - Kumail is a guest on Conan at 11pm on TBS and on @midnight on Comedy Central at midnight.
- James Van Der Beek (Friends with Better Lives/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - James appears on a repeat of The Ellen DeGeneres Show, so check your local listings.
- Jerry O'Connell (We Are Men/Carpoolers/My Secret Identity) - Jerry guest co-hosts a repeat of Rachael Ray, so check your local listings.
- Robert Guillaume (Benson/Soap/Sports Night) - Robert pays a special tribute to his fellow Soap and Benson castmates Katherine Helmond, Robert Mandan, Jay Johnson and Rene Auberjonois on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Victor Garber (Web Therapy) - Victor talks about his new movie Self/less on NBC's Today in the 9am hour New York Live on WNBC in New York at 12:30pm ET.
- Bella Thorne (Shake It Up) - Bella is a guest on People Now.
- Marlon Wayans (The Wayans Bros.) - Marlon appears on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jerry Seinfeld (Seinfeld) - Jerry and Billy Bush have a hilarious Seinfeld quiz on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.