Monday, March 02, 2009
On Sunday, April 19 at 5pm, the gang is back together again as TV One encores their original special Living Single: The Reunion Show which reunites the cast of the popular sitcom Living Single including Kim Fields, Kim Coles, Erika Alexander, John Henton, and T.C. Carson as they take a stroll down memory lane with bloopers, set stories, and little known backstage gossip and antics that will have viewers wanting more. So if you missed it or need to record it, April 19 at 5pm is your chance!
Finally, on Friday, April 24 beginning at 10pm, TV One presents the "Viewers Choice Good Times Mega-thon," a 24-hour event that airs the funniest and most talked about episodes from the long running classic sitcom and lets viewers decide (by voting on the TV One website) on their favorite episodes which will air at the end of the mega-thon from 8pm to 10pm on Saturday April 25.
There are no changes really to the schedule, but some minor stuff. The short-lived comedy Good News has been removed from weekdays at 8:30am and Sunday mornings and replaced by Comics Unleashed. That change happened early last month though. TV One has scheduled original series Black Men Revealed at 11am on weekdays, so the daily marathons are now 12-3pm instead of 11am-3pm. More TV One originals air at 3pm. The Divorce Court encores weekdays from 5-6am have been replaced by the original series Get the Hookup. Court will still air weekdays 4-5pm, though. That's about it...no other real changes.
We don't see That's My Mama airing on the regular schedule, so for now it is just a one-time marathon...but wouldn't it be nice if it appears in May in time for Mother's Day? Mama would be proud...but spend this Easter with Mama! Mama Curtis, that is!
Rita Rocks, Lifetime Television's first original primetime comedy in 10 years, has been picked up for a second season. The 20-episode order was announced today. The family comedy starring Nicole Sullivan premiered on October 20, 2008, and, in a unique programming strategy, stripped original episodes for a full week before moving into its regular timeslot (Tuesdays, 8:30 p.m. ET/PT before moving to Mondays at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT). Developed as a companion to Lifetime's most popular comedy, Reba, Rita Rocks met with early success and frequently built on or retained the Reba audience. Since its debut, the first season has cumed more than 36.4 million viewers total.
The first season had its season finale last Monday. Reruns from the beginning start tonight at 8:00PM every Monday, so get hooked again or watch for the first time! No start date has been given for the second season premiere, but as soon as we know...we'll let you know because we 'rock'.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (June/July)
06/14 - Ballers - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
06/14 - The League - Season 7 - The Final Fantasy
06/14 - The League - The Complete Series
06/14 - Maude - The Complete Fifth Season
06/14 - Survivor's Remorse - The Complete Second Season
06/21 - Workaholics - Season Six
06/24 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
06/28 - Two Guys and a Girl - The Complete Series
07/08 - The Monkees - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/12 - Grady - The Best of Grady
07/26 - Family Mattters - The Complete Seventh Season
07/26 - Where's Huddles? - The Complete Series (WBShop.com)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Tuesday, July 26
Wrecked - "The Adventures of Beth and Lamar" (TBS, 10:00PM ET/PT)
Danny and Owen start a new camp; two survivors try to escape the island; the island makes a discovery that could change everything.
Best Friends Whenever - "Worst Night Whenever" (Disney Channel, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Bret and Chet worry about their sixth grade dance; haunted by the memories of their own experience, Cyd and Shelby go back in time for a do-over.
In the Cut - "Very Superstitious" (Bounce TV, 9:00PM ET/PT)
Kenny becomes a savvy saver; everyone thinks the shop is haunted.
Tuesday, July 26
- David Spade (Rules of Engagement/8 Simple Rules/Just Shoot Me!) - Catch David on Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Abby Elliott (Odd Mom Out) - Abby stops by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. She will also be on People Now at 8:30am.
- Maria Bamford (Lady Dynamite) - Maria visits Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tituss Burgess (Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt) - Tituss appears on Last Call with Carson Daly at 1:35am on NBC.
- Allison Janney (Mom/Mr. Sunshine) - Allison drops by Conan at 11pm on TBS.
- Rex Lee (Young & Hungry/Suburgatory) - Rex is a guest on a repeat of The Real, so check your local listings.
- Alfonso Ribeiro (The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air/In the House/Silver Spoons) - Alfonso joins the Chew Crew on a repeat of ABC's The Chew at 1pm ET/12pm PT/CT.
- Marilu Henner (Taxi/Evening Shade) - Marilu talks about how she stays slim and fit for life. She reveals her number one anti-aging beauty secret on The Dr. Oz Show, so chek your local listings.
- Paul Reiser (Mad About You/The Paul Reiser Show) - Paul talks about Aliens on NBC's Today in the 9am hour.
- Busy Phillips (Cougar Town) - Busy flashes back to her Freaks and Geeks audition tape on People Now at 8:30am.
- Yvette Nicole Brown (The Odd Couple/Community) - Yvette guest co-hosts Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Jason Biggs (Mad Love/Drexell's Class) - Jason talks about Amateur Night on Access Hollywood Live, so check your local listings.
- Ashley Williams (The Jim Gaffigan Show/Good Morning, Miami) - Ashley is a guest on People Now at 8:30am.
- Michael Ian Black (The Jim Gaffigan Show/Ed) - Michael visits Watch What Happens: Live at 11pm on Bravo.