Monday, March 02, 2009
On Sunday, April 19 at 5pm, the gang is back together again as TV One encores their original special Living Single: The Reunion Show which reunites the cast of the popular sitcom Living Single including Kim Fields, Kim Coles, Erika Alexander, John Henton, and T.C. Carson as they take a stroll down memory lane with bloopers, set stories, and little known backstage gossip and antics that will have viewers wanting more. So if you missed it or need to record it, April 19 at 5pm is your chance!
Finally, on Friday, April 24 beginning at 10pm, TV One presents the "Viewers Choice Good Times Mega-thon," a 24-hour event that airs the funniest and most talked about episodes from the long running classic sitcom and lets viewers decide (by voting on the TV One website) on their favorite episodes which will air at the end of the mega-thon from 8pm to 10pm on Saturday April 25.
There are no changes really to the schedule, but some minor stuff. The short-lived comedy Good News has been removed from weekdays at 8:30am and Sunday mornings and replaced by Comics Unleashed. That change happened early last month though. TV One has scheduled original series Black Men Revealed at 11am on weekdays, so the daily marathons are now 12-3pm instead of 11am-3pm. More TV One originals air at 3pm. The Divorce Court encores weekdays from 5-6am have been replaced by the original series Get the Hookup. Court will still air weekdays 4-5pm, though. That's about it...no other real changes.
We don't see That's My Mama airing on the regular schedule, so for now it is just a one-time marathon...but wouldn't it be nice if it appears in May in time for Mother's Day? Mama would be proud...but spend this Easter with Mama! Mama Curtis, that is!
Rita Rocks, Lifetime Television's first original primetime comedy in 10 years, has been picked up for a second season. The 20-episode order was announced today. The family comedy starring Nicole Sullivan premiered on October 20, 2008, and, in a unique programming strategy, stripped original episodes for a full week before moving into its regular timeslot (Tuesdays, 8:30 p.m. ET/PT before moving to Mondays at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT). Developed as a companion to Lifetime's most popular comedy, Reba, Rita Rocks met with early success and frequently built on or retained the Reba audience. Since its debut, the first season has cumed more than 36.4 million viewers total.
The first season had its season finale last Monday. Reruns from the beginning start tonight at 8:00PM every Monday, so get hooked again or watch for the first time! No start date has been given for the second season premiere, but as soon as we know...we'll let you know because we 'rock'.
New on DVD/Blu-ray (January)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 5 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Season 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - The Cosby Show - Seasons 5 & 6 (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Girls - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Seven (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Season Eight (Mill Creek)
01/06 - Married with Children - Seasons Seven and Eight (Mill Creek)
01/13 - The Big House - The Complete Series
01/13 - Episodes - The Third Season
01/13 - The Facts of Life - The Complete Series (Shout! Factory
01/20 - Welcome Back, Kotter - The Complete Second Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest
Sitcoms Airing Tonight
Friday, January 30
Last Man Standing - "Eve's Breakup" (ABC, 8:00PM ET/PT)
Although Eve insists she’s OK after her first high school break-up, everyone has an opinion as to how she should deal with her feelings. To take her mind off it, Mike has her tag along to watch sports on Ed’s new 120-inch TV. Also, while shopping for Kristin’s wedding dress, she and Mandy fight over how Kristin broke up with Kyle.
Cristela - "Hypertension" (ABC, 8:30PM ET/PT)
Daniela is worried that Cristela is neglecting her health due to her beyond-busy schedule. Daniela suggests that maybe if Cristela lost a few pounds, she could find herself a husband and ultimately mirror the life Daniela lives now. Cristela retorts by saying she doesn’t want Daniela’s life or her looks, she’s happy with who she is and being career focused. The tables are turned when Daniela coaxes Cristela down to a free clinic to test their blood pressure and it’s revealed Daniela is the one who should be concerned. Meanwhile at the office, Josh tries to impress Trent by volunteering to learn CPR and Maddie decides to teach him a lesson he won’t forget.
Friday, January 30
- Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) - Watch Aziz on The Late Show with David Letterman at 11:35pm on CBS.
- Kaley Cuoco-Sweeting (The Big Bang Theory/8 Simple Rules) - Catch Kaley on a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live! at 11:35pm on ABC.
- Adam Pally (The Mindy Project/Happy Endings) - Adam guest co-hosts The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Ben Schwartz (Parks and Recreation/House of Lies) - Ben appears on The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS. He will also be on HuffPost Live at 4pm.
- Eric Andre (2 Broke Girls/Don't Trust the B---- in Apartment 23) - Eric visits The Late Late Show at 12:37am on CBS.
- Don Cheadle (The Golden Palace) - Don is a guest on a repeat of The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon at 11:34pm on NBC. Lauren Graham (The Odd Couple/Conrad Bloom/Townies) - Lauren is a guest on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Rainn Wilson (The Office) - Rainn appears on a repeat of Late Night with Seth Meyers at 12:36am on NBC.
- Tony Danza (Taxi/Who's the Boss?) - Tony talks about his return to Broadway, rumors of a Taxi reunion and which team he's rooting for in the Super Bowl on The Meredith Vieira Show, so check your local listings.
- Sarah Hyland (Modern Family) - Sarah visits The Talk on CBS at 2pm ET/1pm CT-PT.
- Jim O'Heir (Parks and Recreation) - Jim talks about the final season of Parks and Recreation on Home & Family on Hallmark Channel at 10am ET/PT.
- Emeril Lagasse (Emeril) - Emeril gives great party recipes on ABC's Good Morning America sometime between 7-9am.